Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics (119267 Views)

He Missed Their Country's Matches / Habits You've Had Since Childhood? / Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by akinwun(m): 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
nikkykay:
My 10year old niece tot me ds like 5yrs ago!
It is: yankee doodoo went 2 town
Riding on a pony
He stuck a feather in his cap
And call it marcaroni( aint sure if its marcaroni again
wao! It's amazing! You cannot beging to imagine all the jagons we were singing then at mayflower junior school. #jankidodo dokitan, kali oda doni.
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by AnE1(f): 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
De-Hero:
Who say we no go win o... Fire

Catapult fire hin mama... Fire grin
Where u in my primary school? ( Uni jos staff school?) We used 2 sing dat song a lot during inter house sport. I still cherish those memories
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by 1Dray(m): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
Shugamania: grin
Lol..This thread is a real eye-opener.
Am just comparing all d rubbish i've sang to the right words and am laughing like a maniac.
grin

I stl dont know the right lyrics for this:

jangilingi, all d tym..
Riding on da pony..
Lalalalalalalala and call it macaroni..

Hehe, Someone help out please.

Wow! You just remind me of nursery school days in Depot N.A Nur/Pri. School with 'Miss Bassey'.
The correct lyric is:
Yankee Doodle went to town
A-riding on a pony
Stuck a feather in his cap
And called it macaroni.
Yankee Doodle, keep it up
Yankee Doodle dandy
Mind the music and the step
And with the girls be handy.
Father and I went down to camp
Along with Captain Gooding
And there we saw the men and boys
As thick as hasty pudding.
Yankee Doodle dandy
And with the girls be handy
There was Captain Washington
Upon a slapping stallion
A-giving orders to his men
I guess there were a million.
Yankee Doodle dandy
And with the girls be handy...
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Shugamania(f): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
1Dray:

Wow! You just remind me of nursery school days in Depot N.A Nur/Pri. School with 'Miss Bassey'.
The correct lyric is:
Yankee Doodle went to town
A-riding on a pony
Stuck a feather in his cap
And called it macaroni.
Yankee Doodle dandy Mind the music and the step
And with the girls be handy. Father and I went down to camp
Along with Captain Gooding
And there we saw the men and boys
As thick as hasty pudding.
And with the girls be handy There was Captain Washington
Upon a slapping stallion
A-giving orders to his men
I guess there were a million.
And with the girls be handy...

Am clapping for u right now..
God bless u, amen!
cheesy
Seriously, thanks!
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by sosereal201(m): 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
like old Roger is dead and gone to his grave,uhnnm ahh gone to hi grave.mehn did i love those days,it was really fun

4 Likes

Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by pkween(f): 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
Standard living ,standard living 8x I am a doc in ♍‎​Ɣ coutry.We used to sing it this way:sanda lili sanda lili,I am a doctor in ♍‎​Ɣ country.Come to think of it seriously,do schools still teach It'S̶̲̥̅ pupils Hoѿ to sing poems these days?It sure helps the pupils gramma to be brighter.
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by countsparrow: 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
rubi96: the most excellency is Jesus. Heard the correct one on one gospel. The Most Excellent King is Jesus. Some churches in naija still sing the previous one.

The most excellency is Jesus, Kiboroki, shout hallelujah amen, Orobokibo x2

1 Like

Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
Freiburger: lo lo lo your boat gentli down the sit
melili melili melili melili....
life is da da dream. grin
Melili?? Hahahahahahaha! Kai! I don laugh tire!

I just remembered aw my now 18yr old broda used to butcher 50cent:
Go shorli, is your birthday...
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by pjosh1(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
under the CANOCANO X2
under the canopy of God CANOPIPI
my saviour will COVACOVA
give me security
under d canopy of God
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by supaeagles(m): 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
My favourate childhood mondegreen was ......"sweet Santa Bu" by my teenage crush "Sade Adu". I blame it on our poor NTA reception + youth foolishness grin
Anyways, was only recently, thanks to YouTube, that I found out it was "sweetest taboo" !!
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by sweetnigga(m): 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mr.Uzo:
Do Ɣōϋ know its not Jangilova epo motor? It is JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR.!! I bet U didn't know..Don't be shy,I didn't know either,until now I'm sure 99.9% of adults that grew up in Nigeria don't know dat d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard living .

D song we sing in church saying" o singo osingo, praise d lord", is actually "o sing my soul and praise d lord". I know u are singing it now again, smiles***­. Keep sharing d fun and laff it off. grin

Say your own findings!!

Meanwhile I gat a female puppy4sale.. Check My Sig...
u r singing kpumkpum kpu ogene abi
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Otunbakay(m): 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Palwillie: 'because he lives i can face 2moro..... My life is JUST a living JUST because he lives.' wetin be the correct thing ma sef. Somebody help
Because he live, i can face 2moro (2x) My life is WORTH LIVING just because he live.
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Proxy001(m): 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
day
by day dear lord 3tinx i pray, '2 see de-mon clearly love d-mon dearly,
follow d-mon clozly, day by day' tank God sey my inocenx was 4given
sha.. lolz
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by cronsberg: 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
I used to think it was: Yankee dudu kentu time, riding on a pony. Na very recently i com find out it was Yankee doodle went to town, riding on a pony . grin grin
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by sweetnigga(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
Wereh!
De-Hero:
Who say we no go win o... Fire

Catapult fire hin mama... Fire grin
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by pkween(f): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Standard living. 8x I am a doctor in ♍‎​Ɣ country not sanda lili sanda lili
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Sike(m): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Reciting the Pledge was something else back in my primary school days. I'd remember we used to mumur towards the end of the pledge, then chorused AMEN together in the end.
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by thrugemaster(m): 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
who mess nah bola
bola say nah teacher
teacher say no worry,
nah my class mate mess am,
pooOOOon
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
We are H -A-P-P-Y
We are H-A-P-P-Y
We know we are
We are sure we are
We are H-A-P-P-Y HAPPY! undecided

I love this one and I guess we used to sing it correctly;

Like a sunflower that follows every movement of the sun
So I turn to you, to follow you , my lord

In simplicity, charity I follow
In simplicity, fidelity I follow

Like a sunflower that follows every movement of the sun
So I turn to you, to follow you my lord

Who is in the garden?
A little fine girl
Can I come and see her?
No no no no
Abeg my sister follow me

ONWARD BIG - Ojo Na Witch After Reading Devil's Bible In Ghana. cheesy
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by dominique(f): 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
Summer foods buh can no eat... That was our famous food anthem back then cheesy
I just loooove threads that takes me down memory lane smiley.
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
"Penarity!eh,penarity!"
"you dey craze?you dey mad? You dey gbogbo ciga? You dey licki my nyansh?"
OK,anybody remember the popular "WORDING?!"- "with your round head like mama akara shibi!", with your black nyansh like nico sweet!", "with your wide nyansh like mill mascara chest!"......
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by oyeyipow(m): 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
nairaman66: The NYSC National Anthem!

I am a living proof grin..

Youth obey the clarion call, let us Lift Sell our nation High Now.. The rest history!
Under d sun not in d rain, with dedication and selfishness....
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Otunbakay(m): 11:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
sosereal201: like old Roger is dead and gone to his grave,uhnnm ahh gone to hi grave.mehn did i love those days,it was really fun

Old Roger is dead and gone to his grave. Uuhm! Aarh! gone to his grave.
A mango tree was planted over his head. Uumh! Aarh! over is head.
The mango got ripe and ready to drop. Uumh! Aarh! Ready to drop.
A weird wind came and blew them all off. Uumh! Aarh! Blew them all off.
An old woman came and pick them all up. Uumh! Aarh! Pick them all up.
Old Roger got up and gave her a knock. Uumh! Aarh! Gave her a knock.
REMINISCENCE! REMINISCENCE! i must say and a feeling of NOSTALGIA i must confess. Childhood the most peaceful period of our existence.

2 Likes

Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mr.Uzo:
Do Ɣōϋ know its not Jangilova epo motor? It is JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR.!! I bet U didn't know..Don't be shy,I didn't know either,until now I'm sure 99.9% of adults that grew up in Nigeria don't know dat d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard living .

D song we sing in church saying" o singo osingo, praise d lord", is actually "o sing my soul and praise d lord". I know u are singing it now again, smiles***­. Keep sharing d fun and laff it off.

Say your own findings!!

Meanwhile I gat a female puppy4sale.. Check My Sig...
Mr Uzo, i don't believe you, i grew up with sandalili, it has been engraved in my brain nothing will change it..NEVER! no mheen i feel stupid now..dude, "standard living", really? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
London's bridge is falling down
falling down
falling down
falling down
London's bridge is falling down
my fair lady

humpty dumpty sat on the wall
humpty dumpty had a great fall

baa baa baa black sheep
have u any wool
yes sir yes sir
one for my master one for my dame
one for d little boy who lives down d lane

mary had a little lamb
little lamb
whoose wool was white as snow

old macdonald had a farm
eya eya o
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
My mother who sat & watched my infant head while sleeping on my craddle bed......

1 Like

Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by bokohalal(m): 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
Otunbakay:
Old Roger is dead and gone to his grave. Uuhm! Aarh! gone to his grave.
A mango tree was planted over his head. Uumh! Aarh! over is head.
The mango got ripe and ready to drop. Uumh! Aarh! Ready to drop.
A weird wind came and blew them all off. Uumh! Aarh! Blew them all off.
An old woman came and pick them all up. Uumh! Aarh! Pick them all up.
Old Roger got up and gave her a knock. Uumh! Aarh! Gave her a knock.
REMINISCENCE! REMINISCENCE! i must say and a feeling of NOSTALGIA i must confess. Childhood the most peaceful period of our existence.

Na only mango no be guava tree?
Apple tree. And I think high wind.Weird ko. Odd ni.
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by mobi5592: 11:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
Tnx @ op jare. Na u try pas.reminiscing d old gud days, what luvvv that was!

Pls. Whoever can recite this poem should help me out with d lyrics:
''sing low, sing chariot, coming back to carry me home''.

To this day, that song has a way of colouring my imagination.
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
Some people went to apeleyin primary school, they don't know any of these songs lipsrsealed they're here...
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by modeone: 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
Anthem: With love and strength and faith, THE NATION of our heroes past (the labour of our heroes past)
Pledge: to serve Nigeria with all my strength, to be faithful loyal and honest and I hope my okro is growing, so help M̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ God!
Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by itsik(m): 11:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
Check out this national anthem.
Arise o compassion,
Nigeria scoll obey
Tusa our father laaaa
Tusa ma fesha fair,
One labour shaba,
Our hii shaba
Shall never be in vain
Tusa, tusa our matching,
One nation ba, in freedom.
Miss anyi wu onyeoshi.

The also this pix

2 Likes

Re: Childhood Songs We Missed Their Correct Lyrics by yokiti: 12:02am On Apr 19, 2013
mobi5592: Tnx @ op jare. Na u try pas.reminiscing d old gud days, what luvvv that was!

Pls. Whoever can recite this poem should help me out with d lyrics:
''sing low, sing chariot, coming back to carry me home''.

To this day, that song has a way of colouring my imagination.

Sweet home, sweet chariot, coming back to carry me home (i hope am not mistaken myself ?)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Python That Swallowed A Cow Killed In Delta State (Pictures) / My Experience , Atrocity And Nightmares As A Cultist In University / Which Cult/ Frat Is The Strongest In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.