Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,984 members, 7,835,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha (2549 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Released Unconditionally By The High Court / Boko Haram Agree To Release All 219 Chibok Girls / JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Boyoorisha: 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
The sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar called on President Jonathan to unconditionally release all Boko haram members to show good faith in the proposed amnesty offer at a meeting in Aso Rock yesterday evening.

The sultan who was accompanied to the meeting by a retinue of Northern traditional rulers including the Lamido of Adamawa, Ohinoyi of Ebiraland, Tor TiV, Gbong Gwom Jos, Emir of Bauchi, Emir of Lafia and Ona of Abaji. Others were the Emir of Gwandu, , Emir of Borgu, Etsu Nupe, Aku Uka of Wukari, Shehu of Borno, Emir of Fika and the Emir of Bauchi.

Other government officials T the meeting Long with the President were President Jonathan was joined at the meeting by Vice President Namadi Sambo; Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim, the National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), Chief of Staff to the President, Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, Minister of FCT Bala Mohammed, , Chief Mike Oghiadomhe, Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Alhaji Boni Aji.

Though the President did not accede or refuse the request, , the Emir of Kazaure, Alhaji Najeem Hussein Adamu, who briefed State House correspondents stated the argument of the royal fathers.

According to the Emir, “The meeting was about the state of the nation, the security challenges we are facing. We sought the appointment and the opportunity for the President to know our views about the security situation and how to go about resolving the crisis. We recommended the use of dialogue as one of the strategies to resolve the security challenge and at the same time to devise strategies that will encourage or lay the foundation for sustainable peace in this country.

“Our presentation was preceded by long time discussion and deliberation. In a nutshell, what we sought to do is to give our views having regards to our background, our knowledge of various societies, various communities what we think should be done to resolve the crisis and ensure sustainable peace in the country. The issue of amnesty came up, it formed part of the strategies we are recommending but of course it has to be done properly with better appreciation of the situation rather than haphazardly which people think should be the case. We believe that we have to give very serious consideration and make sure that whatever we do is sustainable.” He concluded

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/unconditionally-release-all-boko-haram-members-in-detention-sultan-tells-jonathan
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by obyrich(m): 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
The Devil's Advocate at work. They are his foot soldiers. He is the religious leader and likely gonna be the leader of the Islamic Nation the BH sect is fighting for. What do you expect? He wants more blood to flow because his religion is sustained on blood sacrifice- from those of cows and rams to human blood!

2 Likes

Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Boyoorisha: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
obyrich: The Devil's Advocate at work. They are his foot soldiers. He is the religious leader and likely gonna be the leader of the Islamic Nation the BH sect is fighting for. What do you expect? He wants more blood to flow because his religion is sustained on blood sacrifice- from those of cows and rams to human blood!

Well, that's your opinion
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Now this is weird!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Jonathan know the northerners know those behind the bombings are in the creek.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
Boyoorisha:

Well, that's your opinion
Come on, this unconditional release he is asking for doesn't sound well at all.
Doesn't this equate to awarding the right to kill to boko haram ?
Because the people who he wants the government to release are killers caught in the act.
If the government does that, then what shall the police or army do next when they spot boko haram killing someone ?
Wouldn't this unconditionnal release also apply to the killer who would be caught in the act later ?
The sultan is asking for us to put boko haram above the law !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
So if I get this well, the sultan wants the government to just be giving gifts to boko haram unconditionnally and then just hope boko haram will stop killing just like that. Mand should not attack muslim centers in the South, there shouldn't be any attack in the South. Mend should attack the sultan instead, and attack the president for being inconsitent. If I were to create a militant group, then it would not attack any innocent person, it would not attack soldiers, it will focus on politicians, it will focus on corrupt officials and it will redicule and expose people like that sultan from the north.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Boyoorisha: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
patriot4: Come on, this unconditional release he is asking for doesn't sound well at all.
Doesn't this equate to awarding the right to kill to boko haram ?
Because the people who he wants the government to release are killers caught in the act.
If the government does that, then what shall the police or army do next when they spot boko haram killing someone ?
Wouldn't this unconditionnal release also apply to the killer who would be caught in the act later ?
The sultan is asking for us to put boko haram above the law !!!!!

I am not in support of his call for unconditional release for detained Boko Haram members. In my opinion, that is not enough to call Sultan those names
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
Boyoorisha:

I am not in support of his call for unconditional release for detained Boko Haram members. In my opinion, that is not enough to call Sultan those names
How else can you call him since he has become the spokesman of terrorists. Have you ever heard him condemn boko haram ? Have you ever heard him sympathize about the non muslim victims ? All he does is defend boko haram with inconsistent logics. But you know he can have all he wants, but not without the division of this country into 2.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by mekaboy(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
This has always been one of the conditions of boko haram. If those who bomb churches kill innocent nigerians are allowed to go free. Why are kidnappers and armed robbers in prison?

They should open the whole Nigerian prison as well. So that every criminal can go free. See northern leaders demanding this from Nigeria, not even considering the people who have lost family members and property to the sect.

I wonder how jonathan sits down to listen to this trash , so he has to sacrifice Nigerians to please the north?

2 Likes

Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Ramnon2: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
This Satan of Sokoto thinks he is Satan of Nigeria? Sokoto is only one out of 36 States.
He should tell Jonathan to also release all the armed robbers, kidnappers, murderers, rapists and 419ners in all prisons in Nigeria. Stuuuuupid man.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by alexchiny: 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2013
mekaboy: This has always been one of the conditions of boko haram. If those who bomb churches kill innocent nigerians are allowed to go free. Why are kidnappers and armed robbers in prison?

They should open the whole Nigerian prison as well. So that every criminal can go free. See northern leaders demanding this from Nigeria, not even considering the people who have lost family members and property to the sect.

I wonder how jonathan sits down to listen to this trash , so he has to sacrifice Nigerians to please the north?

GEJ is gradually becoming a disgrace to Manhood! The North has finally succeeded in making him look weak and dumb.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Boyoorisha: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
patriot4: How else can you call him since he has become the spokesman of terrorists. Have you ever heard him condemn boko haram ? Have you ever heard him sympathize about the non muslim victims ? All he does is defend boko haram with inconsistent logics. But you know he can have all he wants, but not without the division of this country into 2.

Still not enough reasons! I am not a muslim and I don't know Sultan from nowhere, but I love to approach issues logically. I quite understand where you stand, but all I see from your post is personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof. I hope you get my point
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by slimming: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
insurgent people can be hard to please.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by nduchucks: 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
The Sultan is on point. Thousands of women, youths, and even Children are currently jailed and labelled Boko Haram as a result of gross human rights abuses by JTF. These sect members should be released immediately.

Their release will mark the beginning of the isolation of the real terrorists who must be vaporized if they don't disavow violence and give up their weapons.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
Boyoorisha:

Still not enough reasons! I am not a muslim and I don't know Sultan from nowhere, but I love to approach issues logically. I quite understand where you stand, but all I see from your post is personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof. I hope you get my point
I think you need to get your brain examined by the best physicians alife. Logical thinking is to you a personal opinion that doesn't stand on proof. You are a literate waste. Go and line up with those who doen't care for the commun man and defend the terrorists, since that is what you consider the best thing to do.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
ndu_chucks: The Sultan is on point. Thousands of women, youths, and even Children are currently jailed and labelled Boko Haram as a result of gross human rights abuses by JTF. These sect members should be released immediately.

Their release will mark the beginning of the isolation of the real terrorists who must be vaporized if they don't disavow violence and give up their weapons.
You are completely wrong, JTF doesn't arrest children, although if the parents are boko haramists, then JTF take the children out of the reach of the boko haram associates of the parents.
And for the women, they are adults and they are boko haram members who have committed crimes such as murder. So you expect them to be released because they are women ! So women have the right to kill !!
And your logics seem flawed, you ask for the release of boko haram in order to fight boko haram!! brain checkup please !!!
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by mekaboy(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
ndu_chucks: The Sultan is on point. Thousands of women, youths, and even Children are currently jailed and labelled Boko Haram as a result of gross human rights abuses by JTF. These sect members should be released immediately.

What will u say when other states demand a release of armed robbers from prison? We shld shut down our prisons and judiciary. Also offering law in the universities, since its no longer practiced in Nigeria.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Ngwakwe: 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
What kind of goodwill gesture do we call their release?

For fairness the Sultan should have demanded that all prisoners irrespective of their crime be released from Nigerian Prisons.

Why should Boko boys and girls be released while some innocent poor that stole food to eat continue to languish in prison?
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by olubuffett: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
While they are it, why not set every prisoner in Nigeria free.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
it is no longer boko haram, it is law haram !
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by pistol: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
is this a joke or what?
this mumu of sokoto is taking the intelligence of nigerians for granted.
jonathan should grow some balls and bite.
FG is giving u amnesty and u are coming to the table dictating the terms..smh
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by nduchucks: 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
patriot4:
You are completely wrong, JTF doesn't arrest children, although if the parents are boko haramists, then JTF take the children out of the reach of the boko haram associates of the parents.
And for the women, they are adults and they are boko haram member who have committed crimes such as murder. So you expect them to be released because they are women ! So women have the right to kill !!
AQnd your logics seem flawed, you ask for the release of boko haram in oreder to fight boko haram!! brain checkup please !!!

I'm sorry to say that you are writing out of ignorance. I have visited several of these jails and many of the said prisoners are teenage children. Please google "Amnesty International Nigeria JTF " and get more education. Effeminate emotionalism is not enough to do justice to the issue at hand.

1 Like

Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Elueme: 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
Let us see how this drama will end. Yet too early to conclude but I know this is not easy on the presidency. Balancing the' need for peace 'with' justice 'for the overall interest of the nation..

1 Like

Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by otokx(m): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Goodluck should as well release all prisoners in jail and in police cells. He should support it with bible verses and declare the year of jubilee.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by nduchucks: 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2013
Ngwakwe: What kind of goodwill gesture do we call their release?

Why should Boko boys and girls be released while some innocent poor that stole food to eat continue to languish in prison?

A) Many of them illegally detained
B) Many of them are political prisoners
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I'm sorry to say that you are writing out of ignorance. I have visited several of these jails and many of the said prisoners are teenage children. Please google "Amnesty International Nigeria JTF " and get more education. Effeminate emotionalism is not enough to do justice to the issue at hand.
I find it doubtfull that you would claim to have visited the jails, while the jails are kept secret.
Amnesty international has a history of defending terrorists everywhere in the world, for example in israel, it has even defended alqaida in numerous cases. The only reason it is still relevant is because apart from that, Amnesty international also help the poor. In other words, you are a big liar, and I do not give any credit to Amnesty international.
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
ndu_chucks:

A) Many of them illegally detained
B) Many of them are political prisoners
Brain check up, please.
So now terrorists are political prisoners !
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Lilimax(f): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2013

Why should the Sultan advocate for the release of terrorists in detention . If this is how the proposed amnesty will come to be, they should all rot in the prison. After killing innocents Christian in the North, they are now clamouring for their release. It shows the type of Islamic leaders we have in the North. Very selfish...
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by nduchucks: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
patriot4: Brain check up, please.
So now terrorists are political prisoners !

Its difficult to have a dialogue with you when you are blatantly uninformed. No offense, sir

By the way, if all the jails are "secret" where did the reports about BH members being set free from jails by other BH members come from? Olodo
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Lilimax(f): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2013

What are you talking about? I can't understand your point at all.... How is Sultan's request being on point
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Its difficult to have a dialogue with you when you are blatantly uninformed. No offense, sir
It is difficult for normal human beings to have a conversation with you because you have no moral ethics, something normal human beings often take for granted on others. When will you understand that there is no neutral position when it comes to terrorism ? I advice you to join the ranks of the free thinkers and stop taking peoples words as sacred!
Re: Unconditionally Release All Boko Haram Members In Detention Sultan Tells Jonatha by nduchucks: 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: What are you talking about? I can't understand your point at all.... How is Sultan's request being on point

Very simply, the gesture will reduce violence and serve as the beginning of the process of isolating the real terrorists.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IN PICTURES: Checkout Stella Oduah's Car After Attack By Unknown Gunmen / Video Evidence Of Bh Members Killed By Nigerian Military / Political Cartoon Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.