Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram (8172 Views)

Amnesty Committee Meets Boko-Haram In Kaduna / Kabiru Sokoto Didn't Meet Amnesty Committee Members / Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee (2) (3) (4)

Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by freebloke: 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
pinkguy: Just member 3million some faction leader 7m with house i hope u no be boko haram member
bros,thank u o...wen fg begin to sell form i go sharply buy mai yown so d@ i go fit follow dem enroll.mi no bi boko boi 'officially' but biznes tins nah,man go hustle nah. 3milla/monthly,bros no bi sshange bi d@ o.
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by ozoebuka1(m): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
naija needs help..how can government be granting amnesty to those murderer? Isnt that funny... What do boko haram memberz need? Government dont even know and they are buzi granting amnesty,.funny
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Dkobo(m): 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
[quote author=morgist]
President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the constitution of a Presidential Committee to “constructively engage key members of Boko Haram and define a comprehensive and workable framework for resolving the crisis of insecurity in the country.”

Announcing the setting up of the committee, a statement by Dr Reuben Abati, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity stated that the committee’s terms of reference will include:

-Developing a framework for the granting of amnesty

-Setting up of a framework through which disarmament could take place within a 60-day time frame

-Development of a comprehensive victims’ support programme

-Development of mechanisms to address the underlying causes of insurgencies that will help to prevent future occurrences.

The committee is made up of the following Nigerians:

Committee on dialogue and peaceful resolution of security challenges in the north

1.Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, Minister of Special Duties - Chairman

2.Sheik Ahmed Lemu - Member

3.Dr. Hakeem Baba Ahmed - Member

4.Col. Musa Shehu, (rtd.) - Member

5.Sheik Abubakar Tureta - Member

6.Dr.Datti Ahmed - Member

7.Senator Sodangi Abubakar - Member

8.Senator Ahmed Makarfi - Member

9.Hon. Mohammed Bello Matawalle - Member

10.Amb. Zakari Ibrahim - Member

11.Comrade Shehu Sani - Member

12.Hajiya Naja’atu Mohammed - Member

13.Mallam Adamu S. Ladan - Member

14.Dr. Joseph Golwa - Member

15.AVM A. I. Shehu - Member

16.Mr. R. I. Nkemdirim - Member

17.DIG P. I. Leha - Member

18.Prof. Nur Alkali - Member

19.Malam Salihu Abubakar - Member

20.Alhaji Abubakar Sani Lugga - Member

21.Barrister Ibrahim Tahir - Member

22.Brig-Gen. Ibrahim Sabo - Member

23.Amb. Baba Ahmed Jidda - Member

24.Group Capt. Bilal Bulama,Rtd. - Member

25.Prof. Bolaji Akinyemi - Member

26.Representative of OSGF - Secretary

The setting up of the committee is coming after the National Security Council on Wednesday, considered a report by the technical committee it set up to review modalities for addressing security challenges in the north.

President Jonathan also approved the constitution of a Federal Government committee on the Proliferation of Small Arms and Light Weapons in keeping with his pledge that Nigeria will work with the United Nations and other countries to stem the worrisome proliferation of small arms and light weapons, and their use in creating insecurity and instability in Nigeria and other developing nations.

Members of the Committee on small arms and light weapons are

1. Amb. Emmanuel Imohe -(Chairman)

2. Amb. Martin I. Uhomoibhi -Member

3. Amb. T. D. Hart -Member

4. Amb.Ghali Umar -Member

5. Amb. B.G. Wakil -Member

6. Mr. Opelusi Olureti -Member

7. Representative of Ministry of Interior -Member

8. Representative of NSA -Member

9. Representative of DG (SSS) -Member

10. Representative of NIA -Member

11. Representative of Federal Ministry of Justice -Member

12. Representative of Ministry of Defence -Member

13. Representative of DIA -Member

14. Representative of the Nigeria Police Force -Member

15. Representative of the Nigerian Customs Service -Member

16. Representative of OSGF -Member

17. Director, International Organisations Dept (MFA) -Secretary

Both committees will be formally inaugurated by President Jonathan by 10 AM on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

source: http://www.newswatch24.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=714:jonathan-sets-up-committee-on-granting-amnesty-to-boko-haram

am I dreaming?
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by konklushun(f): 7:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
GEJ shld not try to pay boko boys witout increasin NYSC alawe o cos e no go funny @ all
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
We live in a democracy!!!

Even if they bully Jonathan, any proposal by Jonathan and his committee will be subject to NASS approval

All those opposed to this move can start calling on legislators representing their constitutency to vote down any silly welfare state for Boko Haram in the name of amnesty
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by HonKontigi: 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The same Comrade Shehu Sani that has been moving from pillar to post destructively criticising the president?

Anyway, this is more like job for the boys. If giving these guys some job to do and giving amnesty to Boko haram will bring PEACE and allow our brothers and sisters in the north to go about their normal businesses, nothing spoil.
In fact without Shehu Sani the committee may achieve nothing, because this guy has being in contact with boko haram and they seem to trust him. Not that he is a member, but he has always argued for dialogue as the only way to end the insurgency. Said he: "No force on earth can defeat boko haram". Including him on the committee is a good idea.
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by profchika: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
My own is dis: who r d so called bokoharam members? Wont de come out so we can know dem or r de gonna grant amnesty to ghosts?
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Goldcon: 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
At least he's good at setting up committees..

How many committees has been set up by GEJ?
A 100
B 1,000
C 10,000
D 100,000

All vote now.
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by otondo55: 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
He should also set up a committee for the victims

GEJ, you lost it long ago ! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
REALITY101: Nigeria is a hopeless and silly country. You sent your military men to fight terrorist in Mali and granting the ones in your country amnesty? Lmao! God bless the United States of America

This is correct!! All our troops should be withdrawn from Mali immediately; you cannot give what you don't have. How can our soldiers be dealing with ansar dine terrorists at Mali while boko haram is being granted amnesty in Nigeria? Let's stop this hypocrisy. If we cannot use the same dimension of force being employed against the Mali terrorists then our men should come back home. Charity begins at home.

What a president!!
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Akiika: 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
I trust my GEj, he never disappoints...his best skill so far...SETTING UP COMMITTEE!
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Drunk: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The same Comrade Shehu Sani that has been moving from pillar to post destructively criticising the president?

Anyway, this is more like job for the boys. If giving these guys some job to do and giving amnesty to Boko haram will bring PEACE and allow our brothers and sisters in the north to go about their normal businesses, nothing spoil.

You just post like you have some better point to prove. How do you explain this statements from Comrade Shehu Sani's social media page? Just because one shows his public concern over an issue makes him a desperate job seeker?

Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Cityguy: 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
afrobaby: Thought this was a joke, is the government seriously thinking of granting amnesty to boko haram members?
Not surprised though. This is expected when leaders are directionless and whr personal ambition subsumes reason. We're watching in 8Ds where all this charade will end us.
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by gerald09(m): 11:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
Akpa ife: I dnt wat FG 2 grant amnesty 2 boko harm let Govt use force 2 demolish boko harm clik like if my suggestion is good
Nope its a horrible idea, it will only lead to more genocide where women n children suffer the most, this are the kind of characteristics the military has left in our minds how to use bloodshed to fight bloodshed. I support the creation of this committee this way they can sit n bring ideas on how to stop these killing without tryin to kill more people. Am sure na people like u wey go church pass yet u are in support of killing people, yeah boko haram has committed series of murders, but by supporting killing what make you different from them, if the FG takes ur advice and go into the northern state and start killing I bet u 80% of does killed will be innocent.
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by delion20: 12:05am On Apr 18, 2013
afrobaby: Thought this was a joke, is the government seriously thinking of granting amnesty to boko haram members?
and U̶̲̥̅̊ think he is making a mistake,MR Right?
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Policewoman(f): 12:10am On Apr 18, 2013
GEJ presidency and cluelessness. SMH.
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by mbulela: 3:35am On Apr 18, 2013
So it is official now? Every form of violence and terrorism within the confines of our borders will be addressed and resolved by amnesty?
If so why was this not done like 2 years ago? Why wait for thousands of lives and billions of properties to be lost before this brain wave?

This amnesty bazaar seems to be the new govt scam used to defraud and deplete the coffers of the nation.
meanwhile where will the militants be sent for training this time? Islamic schools in Afghanistan abi Saudi?
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by mbulela: 3:47am On Apr 18, 2013
Abok1:
I m trying so hard not to conclude that the president doesn't have a good advisory team. The sensible thing to do would have been establishing contacts withy the Boko haram guys, then identifying their leaders. Then the next phase should be knowing what their demands are then negotiating with them before making it public.

Not the way he's going about it, because it is appalling that the presidency would act without proper coordination and calculated attempts. The Boko boys have stated that they are not interested in amnesty, I'm wondering what we are still doing setting up committee after committee for no relevant reason.
with the little info in the public domain try and analyse the billions that has been spent (and obviously stolen)with the ND amnesty program. then you understand that the clowns called advisers have only their bellies as god. As we type, i am sure contracts worth billions have been arranged to actualize the amnesty program. When you talk, you'll be reminded that 'peace can not be priced'.

Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by joseph1832(m): 6:03am On Apr 18, 2013

So what if Comrade Shehu Sani has been criticising your oga @ d top destructively? Is he the only one?.

"Job for the boys" which boys? Giving amnesty to a bunch of cold blooded killers nagates the very purpose of justice! To advocate peace as the expense of justice is a mistake the President is wholeheartedly making.

Tell me what's to stop the emergence of another group with another messed up ideology from springing up and causing mayhem? It started with the Niger Delta Militants, now Boko Haram, what next?...
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by KayDee4: 7:36am On Apr 18, 2013
Choi !! Naija, where crime pays big time.

Start a gang, stir up terror, demand amnesty, get rich quick.

Senseless leaders and advisers.

After the stupìd amnesty, are those cold blooded killers going to walk the streets like every other 'normal' person ?
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Godsbaby1(f): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2013
Our gej is goood at setting up committee, hope this one will not be like other fruitless committee, serously those name sound like the boko boys, well if to employ them will bring peace nothing spoil
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by blackmale1: 10:53am On Apr 18, 2013
COME CHOP COMMITTEE cool
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by Tinyemeka(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2013
Question:
- If he had lost a family member or close relation to the terrorist bombings wreaked by this group, would he have had the moral grounds to consider granting amnesty to the terrorists?
- Thisday newspapers suffered a bomb attack for which the terrorist group claimed responsibility. What is their response to FG's plan on granting the amnesty?

GEJ. Hmm... SMH
Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by ddippset(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
o dear! o dear!! o dear!!! anytime i think of my brothers and sisters who were blown up into bits at St. Theresa"s catholic church Madala for the crime of being christians, water runaway my eye.

Re: Jonathan Sets-Up Amnesty Committee For Boko-Haram by DaWizard47: 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
The United States of America does not NEGOTIATE with Terrorists!... I wish that can be said for my beloved country.

IG Of Police, Idris Visits Ambode / Nigerian Army To Recruit Eligible IDPs / Achievement Of Akwa Ibom State Under Gov. Udom Emmanuel Photos