Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,317 members, 7,954,279 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:52 PM

Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? (14876 Views)

Temptations Vs Our Sight / Christians, How Often Do You Read The Bible? / Catholic Christians, How Much Do You Know Your Faith?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
Matthew 18:19
"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

If both of you can agree in your hearts to get married after your university education and you are compatible with each other and u know your parents will not object, then your have not sinned. But use condoms to avoid pregnancy.

I heard of a pastor that keeps condoms in his Bible.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
idnoble135: in addition to what has bin said.
Avoid negative influences. Sex is suggested by almost everything around us: half naked ladies, movies, lewd jokes by comedians, i means almost everything.
Also, staying away from folks with dirty minds, maybe frnds or class mates.
1 seed of any of these influences allowed into our mind is dangerous.

#i cry in my heart, if only i was adequately taught, i could have escaped this. I wish i could start life all over again#
Well said bro... As for starting over again,dats what Christ came 4 nd dats y d Bible says 'if any man be in Christ old things have passed away and behold all things are new'
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by ajufinz(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
Okija_juju: SIMPLE..

When I am tempted by the Spirit of Lust, fornication, immorality and sex,

I simply backslide, have sex, repent and return to default mode..

#Problem solved.

Thank God for the Blood of Jesus and Grace.. Sinning has never felt so good.

Categorically put,
Diz all....!
Falacy....
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by equily(m): 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
U missed ur medication today i guess,,,,,,,,,btw, who r u to make such general statement?. U dis blind dude, wen did ur eyes start seein creatures??

christians are the worst pretenders i've ever seen!![/quote]
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by CooldudeY2J: 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
mumumugu: Say "GET BEHIND ME SATAN '
Na lie o 'flee from any form of unrighteouness' thats wat d bible says flee not run. Daz all
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by AMossley(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
MrBible: Matthew 18:19
"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

If both of you can agree in your hearts to get married after your university education and you are "compactable" with each other and u know your parents will not object, then your have not sinned. But use condoms to avoid pregnancy.

compactable or compatible?Nawao with this your grammar and advice.So for the fact that a pastor keeps condom in the bible means all christians should follow suit.Are we to imitate pastors or act according to bible injunctions?
But that we write unto them that they abstain... and from fornication...(Acts 15:20)
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by bonetalk(m): 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
Krisgift: Nice thread.i have been tempted and i fell,though i didn't touch the ground;-).dat's all
grin u must be funny, but frankly speaking itz not funny angry
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
i committed fornication in March 2003, the guilt was terrible. The Lord has forgiven me but whenever i hear the word VIRGIN,i am remorseful.
A single fornication may ruin your assignment from God. There are certain assignments from God that demand that the person to be used must be a virgin until he or she is married.
How did i overcome the serious temptations between 2003 and 2009 when i got married?
i made sure everyone around me knew that i had a burning hatred for adultery. i spoke, preached and clamoured against it everywhere. they started calling me man of God. i also took a vow on an mfm altar that if ever commit it, Lord kill me after i have repented. it was scary but i took that decision. the reverence of that vow kept me till i married my virgin wife (the most wonderful lady in the world).
the LORD was happy with my determination against adultery, He granted me the grace, blessed me with a great wife 6yrs later, gave me an assignment to do for Him, blessed me with son and daughter, a job in canada, a closer walk with Him(God).
please flee from adultery and temptation; it will rob u of God's power, favour and blessing upon ur life.
Bible says if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. adultery is a serious issue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Paschal007: 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
Eh me i don't cope with that kind desire, i simply satisfy my urge. Goshen360 said sex between 2 unmarried adults is Not a sin. See life's good. cool
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by touchmeder: 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
dafnna: i committed fornication in March 2003, the guilt was terrible. The Lord has forgiven me but whenever i hear the word VIRGIN,i am remorseful.
A single fornication may ruin your assignment from God. There are certain assignments from God that demand that the person to be used must be a virgin until he or she is married.
How did i overcome the serious temptations between 2003 and 2009 when i got married?
i made sure everyone around me knew that i had a burning hatred for adultery. i spoke, preached and clamoured against it everywhere. they started calling me man of God. [b]i also took a vow on an mfm altar that if ever commit it, Lord kill me [/b]after i have repented. it was scary but i took that decision. the reverence of that vow kept me till i married my virgin wife (the most wonderful lady in the world).
the LORD was happy with my determination against adultery, He granted me the grace, blessed me with a great wife 6yrs later, gave me an assignment to do for Him, blessed me with son and daughter, a job in canada, a closer walk with Him(God).
please flee from adultery and temptation; it will rob u of God's power, favour and blessing upon ur life.
Bible says if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. adultery is a serious issue.

Wow just wow. tough one ehn
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by nosike3(m): 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
By lighting my ganjahman. Getting high and fornicatingg
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by ologunduduabra(m): 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
hope u didn't do it
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
Vilicious: I went to see my campus fellowship member (female) in her hostel, as I sat in her bed reading a magazine, she came in a short skimpy outfit. She looked so hot but as a christian i know it is wrong to do anything sexual until marriage. So i decided to leave her hostel . She told me to stay, that she had something for me. As i sat in her bed, she push me into the bed came on top of me and beg me to have se.x with her. She said she needed me badly. Apart from this, I have been facing other temptations. I feel like giving in sometimes. This is to those of you who are virgins or those of you who have decide not to have sex again till you get married
have you ever been tempted to have se.x before. Please share the story with us, How did you overcome it, if you fell into the temptation, still share it so that others will learn from your story. Thanks in advance.

the best and perfect way to overcome it is to KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE", IF YOU MUST VISIT AN OPPOSITE SEX IN HER HOUSE, PLS DONT GO ALONE, IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DISCUSS WUTH HER THAT U DONT NEED A THIRD EAR TO HEAR IT, LETIT BE IN AN OPEN SPACE LIKE FAST FOODS, EATRIES, RESTAURANTS ETC,
NOTHWITHSTADING ITS POSSIBLE TO OVERCOME THE TEMPTATION BUT YOU HAVE THE JOSEPHIC GRACE! OPEN REBUKE, AND FLEEING
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
dafnna: i committed fornication in March 2003, the guilt was terrible. The Lord has forgiven me but whenever i hear the word VIRGIN,i am remorseful.
i made sure everyone around me knew that i had a burning hatred for adultery. i spoke, preached and clamoured against it everywhere. they started calling me man of God. i also took a vow on an mfm altar that if ever commit it, Lord kill me after i have repented. it was scary but i took that decision. the reverence of that vow kept me till i married my virgin wife (the most wonderful lady in the world).

WAO I LOVE THIS! I ALSO MADE SIMILAR VOW TO GOD BUT NOT IN ALTAR, I JUST PROMISED MY GOD AND MY SELF THAT I WILL HAVE MY FIRST SEX ON MY WEDDING NIGHT AND MY GOD HAVE BEEN FAITHFULL, DESPITE ALL THE TEMPTATIONS , EVEN TERRIBLE ONES BUT HE KEPT ME.I ALWAYS TELL MY FRIENDS EVRYBODY THAT I HAVE PHOBIA FOR IMMORALITY AND THEY KNOWS ME FOR THAT
HE HAS BROUGHT MY HUSBAND TO ME, MOST WONDERFULLY, HE IS A VIRGIN TOO, NOT ONLY THAT I NEVER KNEW THAT HE KNOWS MY FAMILY TO THE EXTENT THAT HE KNOWS ME WHEN I WAS A BABY, ITS A VERY INTERESTING STORY AND I WISH TO SHARE IT BUT ITS A VERY LONG ONE.
ALL I WANT TO ADVISE IS THAT IT PAYS TO FLEE IMMORALITY AND YOU CANT ACHIEVE THIS IF YOU DONT HAVE A PERSONAL R/SHIP WITH GOD AND LIVE A PRACTICAL CHRISTAIN LIFE! DEVELOP FEAR FOR TEH LORD AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE GRACE!

1 Like

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Agimor(m): 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
the bible simply tells to us in James 4:7 submit yourselves therefore to God.resist the devil,and he will flee from you.i Guess brother you now know what to do.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by pato405(m): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
undecided

nice...but where are the ladies? more guys than ladies are commenting. smh
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by dawg7o: 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
Simple answer... Flee
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by gladiator12: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2013

#Problem solved.

Pls do not take grace for granted. Romans 6:1 says " what shall we say then, shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? and the answer is in Romans 6:2 God forbid! How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Pls do not go back to your vomit it drains you spiritually, physically and emotionally.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by robinhoodd2(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
there is something about this thread,no "this post has been hidden".what does that tell you?that the muslim brotherS stay clear off this thread.no bashing no insult no nothing.please adopt the same practice for islamic thread and the world will be a better place.PEACE TO ALL
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by brotherlyn(m): 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
Before i became born again, it was a usual thing for me to do as i don't see any need to show any form of remorse after the act has been done. Infact, during office hours, i would sneak out of the office to meet my standby babe and commit immorality with her and resume back to office.

But something happened in 2002 which changed everything, i became born again and thereafter 2 days after my conversion, my girl friend (as i was yet to give her red card) came to my house with the intention of having sex with me. My friends were at home with me and they all started singing the same chorus that i should take her in and sleep with her, but God in His infinite mercy lifted up a standard against the raging storm of lust & sex that challenged, and i won and sent her home without engaging in the act. Ever since then by God's grace, i've been able to surmount pressure from the opposite sex.

As for you, these are some of the things you should do:

1. Be careful about being unnecessarily intimate with ladies (Some of the ladies have lustful spirit troubling them)

2. Be careful how you expose yourself to programmes, magazines, internet, TV shows and other media that easily wages war against your spirit man

3. Ladies are quasi-naked in their dressing nowadays so there is nothing you can do about it, so just be careful how you look at them

4. Cry out aloud and plead the Blood of Jesus onto your heart for deep cleansing of the same

5. Cry out against satanic altars ministering same against you

6. Bind the demons of lust

7. Renew your mind by reading & studying the Word - Meditate on the Word

8. Fasting also helps

Doing all of these will help you a lot to stay above any form of attack. And the truth is, the temptation and thoughts of sex will never cease in as much as we are on the surface of the earth.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
jacobscros: I was tempted and I ended up fornicating. trust me the guilt I feel haunts me till now especially when the word virgin is mentioned. Dont do it bro...
Inasmuch as I agree with you, girls running after you or otherwise has to do with the way you carry yourself. All through my stay as an undergraduate, I never visited any sister, never entered any of the female halls of residence. This made them to discuss or do serious business together when there was need for it. I saw a lot of "spiritual" brothers and sisters doing it. What do you expect when you go to room of your fellowship sister? Till date at 28 I've been able to keep my virginity. Even when I was serving I resisted a girl that was willing to give it to me.

2 Likes

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
Naturally,temptations will buffet those that belong to God.The best way to overcome temptation is to take to ur heels.Does the biblical Joseph come to mind?-he ran frm that destiny-killing woman.
As far as ur female fellowshipper is concerned,don't visit her alone.Create no room for the devil.
By the nature of my job,I come in contact with ladies a lot.And touch is a must.I have been tempted to tipping point,but by the grace of God I've not yielded.First,I determined it's unethical ,and irresponsible of me to sleep with my clients.Second,and more importantly,I can't afford to offend God.So,brother,avoid these tempting situations and imbibe Gal.5:16.Good luck and God's grace 2Cor.12:9.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by movado19: 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
Do not be "alone" in the company of the opposite sex.
Do not continue to look at a female due to her beauty. The more the eye sees, the more it programs the brain to "do".
Fast as much as you can.
Remember the guilt you will feel should you succumb.
Remember God's power to answer if you seek his protection.
By God's grace,you will get married someday and you will "do" till you have had enough, so there is nothing to miss now. You are on track.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by fxjones(m): 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
MrBible: Matthew 18:19

If both of you can agree in your hearts to get married after your university education and you are compactable with each other and u know your parents will not object, then your have not sinned. But use condoms to avoid pregnancy.

May God deliver you! Know ye not that it is written.... There is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof is death?, this your preaching is very unscriptural and misleading, remember the bible warn that all fornicators shall have their part in the lake of fire, Sex is only ordained in marriage and not in relationship. If this is what you do or preach please repent, because prov 27:1, Boast not thyself of tomorrow: for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
Sealed lips
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
Your hatred for adultery was good, God loves that, just a little disclaimer,..God was absolutely against your vow at the altar even though it had worked for you. God wants us to stay away from sin strictly, totally & absolutely because we love him(love is the principal thing), not because we fear he would kill us afterwards. He's absolutely not interested in our vows, even if they cause us to stay away from sin. Dear nairalanders, vows are UNBIBLICAL. Make up your mind not to dabble in what displeases God and don't make vows cos they won't impress God. Depend on grace not on vows. Thanks.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Magnetron(m): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2013
[quote author=MrBible]Matthew 18:19

If both of you can agree in your hearts to get married after your university education and you are compactable with each other and u know your parents will not object, then your have not sinned. But use condoms to avoid pregnancy.

Nth order heresy! Stop justifying wickedness(sin). You either accept and obey God's law or you reject it at your own peril. No middle ground though.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Itsalphaa(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2013

#Problem solved.

its a pity
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by kambo(m): 6:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
ur story seems fishy. She came in in a skimpy dress - where did she go 2 change? Cuz i know most hostels ar singl room affairs with d bathroom at d end of d hall, too far for a quick change. "She pushed u d bed"- werent there others in d room also? Or did she bribe them to leave? "she wanted u to scre.w her in d room" what if a room mate came in? I know some students ar so brazen but tht's sth else .. Pls clarify.
Re: Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
tellwisdom:

Please give me her number sad...Is she still in that hostel??
omesu ki lo se o? Ki ni o fe lo $e ni hostel na. OLORUN a dariji o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NAKED CHURCH UNVEILED, Opens Branches In Abuja, Lagos, P/harcourt / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me / What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.