Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur (12228 Views)

Waziri Replaces Hamman Tukur As TCN Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 18, 2013
ABUJA—The National Chairman of the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Bamangar Tukur said, yesterday, that his decision to support his son in his quest to become the next governor of Adamawa State was borne out of the principle of providing a level-playing field for all contestants.

Speaking with newsmen, he questioned the rationale for querying his son’s ambition to be governor of the state, when indeed, his son had been in politics and was even eyeing the gubernatorial seat before he became the national chairman of the party.

According to Tukur, Awaul should not be denied the opportunity of contesting the position of Adamawa State governorship simply because he happened to be the son of the incumbent chairman of the party and that after all, others who were governors of the state were children of some other individuals.

His words, “my son has been in politics, long before I became the chairman of the party.  He was a member of the House of Representatives when I was not PDP chairman.  Was I the chairman at that time?

“If my son wants to be governor, I cheer him. If my son is looking for leadership  to provide service, why not? My job is not a chairman of the party to promote any individual.

“I have already given out what I will do as chairman of the party. It is to build our party based on equity and justice; free and fair process of electing its leaders at all levels. No imposition. Include everybody and let the party members decide who will be its candidates.

“Bringing the issue of saying, oh, he is my son or my daughter does not arise.  Those who are governors are they not sons of other persons? Are they from trees? They are also sons of some individuals.”

On the vexed bombing and killing of innocent Nigerians by the Boko Haram sect, Tukur posited that the nation was under foreign attacks, as according to him, there was no other plausible explanation to the bombings of innocent worshippers in churches and mosques, traders in markets and security outfits as currently witnessed in many states of the North.

He urged Nigerians to stand together, irrespective of faith differences and confront the insurgency which he described as evil.

He said: “My belief is that we must use the opportunity to build a united and strong nation. Nigeria is playing a major role in the African Union. If today, we are the ones looked upon to go and mediate and keep peace in Mali, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Dafur, among many others. We must have peace at home and remain united in spite of all challenges.

“We are being faced with the menace of insurgency which we call Boko Haram.  We are being attacked from outside. We are being attacked at the churches, mosques, police station, prisons, markets. We better think.

“We must stand together as a people: the clergy, community leaders, traditional rulers and the Ulama must work together. This is the time that all hands must be on deck to confront this evil.

“What is happening is a struggle between good and evil and we must all join hands to defeat the evil.

Asked to specifically take a stand for or against the proposed amnesty for Boko Haram, the PDP chairman said, “it is not Boko Haram. It is evil. Even if you want to give a connotation, how can you equate the bombing of churches and mosques; police stations and prisons; banks and markets?  Let good confront the evil and conquer it”.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/why-my-son-should-be-adamawa-next-governor-by-tukur/

3 Likes

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by aminho(m): 8:31am On Apr 18, 2013
That's my chairman
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by bigboyk(m): 8:42am On Apr 18, 2013
Second...
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by confusion247(m): 8:44am On Apr 18, 2013
Nigeria is under attack by foreign forces and northerners want federal government to grant amnesty for foreigners.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 18, 2013
Which of his sons? Hope is not thesame one indicted in the fuel subsidy saga?
BTW Is Adamawa in cameroun or nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Tolexander: 8:56am On Apr 18, 2013
On the vexed bombing and
killing of innocent Nigerians by
the Boko Haram sect, Tukur
posited that the nation was
under foreign attacks,
as
according to him, there was no
other plausible explanation to
the bombings of innocent
worshippers in churches and
mosques, traders in markets and
security outfits as currently
witnessed in many states of the
North.
E GBA MI O!
thought i have heard it all on boko haram in nigeria.
Little wonder there hasn't been any solution to the menace. When there isn't any consentual agreement between the president and his subordinates.
GEJ (President of the federal republic of nigeria) said they are ghost.
Azazi(special adviser on security matter) said they in PDP.
Doyin Okupe(senior special assistance to the president on public affairs) said Buhari is their sponsor.
Now Bamanga Tukur(PDP chairman) said they are foreigners

20 Likes

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 18, 2013
May I quickly remind him that his son was indicted in the subsidy scam

2 Likes

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by iamswizz(m): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2013
only in naija cry
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 18, 2013
E for kukuma put eem daughter too as Senator grin

1 Like

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by TableLeg(m): 10:32am On Apr 18, 2013
chiover: May I quickly remind him that his son was indicted in the subsidy scam

This is not the right place to do that .... Go to Abuja or Adamawa and serve your reminder to Tukur!

1 Like

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by searay(m): 10:33am On Apr 18, 2013
Na lie
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by caesaraba(m): 10:33am On Apr 18, 2013
"Tukur said, yesterday, that his decision to support his son in his quest to become the next governor of Adamawa State was borne out of the principle of providing a level-playing field for all contestants."

[size=14pt]Stop smoking weed![/size]

3 Likes

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 18, 2013
Says a political Ediot, Banana Monkey Tukur

2 Likes

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by TableLeg(m): 10:34am On Apr 18, 2013
It is left to the people of Adamawa and God to decide whether he will be the next governor otherwise, it wont happen.

Rigging and imposition of favoured candidates wont work in 2015, be prepared....

4 Likes

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by oluomad(m): 10:36am On Apr 18, 2013
Kudos to the young boy!
He should keep his hands clean if he is to be loved!!
Nice spirit from him
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: E for kukuma put eem daughter too as Senator grin

3 Likes

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2013
spiritfada: ABUJA—The National Chairman of the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Bamangar Tukur said, yesterday, that his decision to support his son in his quest to become the next governor of Adamawa State was borne out of the principle of providing a level-playing field for all contestants.

Speaking with newsmen, he questioned the rationale for querying his son’s ambition to be governor of the state, when indeed, his son had been in politics and was even eyeing the gubernatorial seat before he became the national chairman of the party.

According to Tukur, Awaul should not be denied the opportunity of contesting the position of Adamawa State governorship simply because he happened to be the son of the incumbent chairman of the party and that after all, others who were governors of the state were children of some other individuals.

His words, “my son has been in politics, long before I became the chairman of the party.  He was a member of the House of Representatives when I was not PDP chairman.  Was I the chairman at that time?

“If my son wants to be governor, I cheer him. If my son is looking for leadership  to provide service, why not? My job is not a chairman of the party to promote any individual.

“I have already given out what I will do as chairman of the party. It is to build our party based on equity and justice; free and fair process of electing its leaders at all levels. No imposition. Include everybody and let the party members decide who will be its candidates.

“Bringing the issue of saying, oh, he is my son or my daughter does not arise.  Those who are governors are they not sons of other persons? Are they from trees? They are also sons of some individuals.”

On the vexed bombing and killing of innocent Nigerians by the Boko Haram sect, Tukur posited that the nation was under foreign attacks, as according to him, there was no other plausible explanation to the bombings of innocent worshippers in churches and mosques, traders in markets and security outfits as currently witnessed in many states of the North.

He urged Nigerians to stand together, irrespective of faith differences and confront the insurgency which he described as evil.

He said: “My belief is that we must use the opportunity to build a united and strong nation. Nigeria is playing a major role in the African Union. If today, we are the ones looked upon to go and mediate and keep peace in Mali, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Dafur, among many others. We must have peace at home and remain united in spite of all challenges.

“We are being faced with the menace of insurgency which we call Boko Haram.  We are being attacked from outside. We are being attacked at the churches, mosques, police station, prisons, markets. We better think.

“We must stand together as a people: the clergy, community leaders, traditional rulers and the Ulama must work together. This is the time that all hands must be on deck to confront this evil.

“What is happening is a struggle between good and evil and we must all join hands to defeat the evil.

Asked to specifically take a stand for or against the proposed amnesty for Boko Haram, the PDP chairman said, “it is not Boko Haram. It is evil. Even if you want to give a connotation, how can you equate the bombing of churches and mosques; police stations and prisons; banks and markets?  Let good confront the evil and conquer it”.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/why-my-son-should-be-adamawa-next-governor-by-tukur/

This man is high on kunu!
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by jhydebaba(m): 10:40am On Apr 18, 2013
Re-branding
Re-cycling
Re-positioning
Re-arranging
Re-honouring
Renowned THIEVES

1 Like

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by jhydebaba(m): 10:43am On Apr 18, 2013
All these Al-Marijin self, make dem go sleep joor.
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 18, 2013
Table Leg :

This is not the right place to do that .... Go to Abuja or Adamawa and serve your reminder to Tukur!
please accompany me.
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by lookmangiw(m): 10:47am On Apr 18, 2013
The National Chairman of the ruling
People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Bamangar
Tukur said, yesterday, that his decision to support
his son in his quest to become the next governor
of Adamawa State was borne out of the principle
of providing a level-playing field for all
contestants.
my fellow people, it seems this people have taken us completely as retarddssss cos how else can I explain this statement was quoted to have come out from this useless old foolllll. Equal level playing field my foot.
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by dridowu: 10:48am On Apr 18, 2013
Not suprise at all
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 18, 2013
Not suprised.

Time will tell.
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by TableLeg(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2013
chiover: please accompany me.

No thanks. Goodluck
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by touch4mony: 10:51am On Apr 18, 2013
His son was indicted was he convicted.
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by kufreabasi(m): 10:52am On Apr 18, 2013
Nigerian politic has turn to family affairs where no other person exercise their own right. Deadly people
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by Walexz02(m): 10:53am On Apr 18, 2013
Taaaaaaa!!!
What nonesense!
The only thing aggreed with him despite the length of this interview is that, he seems not to support the bokoharam amnesty palava.
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by ossaisly(m): 10:54am On Apr 18, 2013
senility!!!
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by rezzy: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2013
Government position don turn family thingz.
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by 5much(m): 10:56am On Apr 18, 2013
he wants to b the player and referee at d same time.
Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by DukeNija(m): 11:00am On Apr 18, 2013
I like this man.
Energetic, Charismatic and intellectual leader.
Best PDP chairman ever!

I support PDP!
I support Tukur!
I support GEJ 2015!

1 Like

Re: My Son Should Be Adamawa Next-Governor - Tukur by free2ryhme: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2013
D guy do have point there

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Became A Preacher In Prison – Obasanjo / BREAKING: APC Crisis; Rochas Okorocha Bombs Oshiomhole, El-rufai ( See Video) / The Shame Of Buhari's Foreign Medical Trips - Guardian Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.