Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:16 PM

Sienna Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna Pls Help (1514 Views)

Toyota Sienna Overheating / What Are The Differences Between Toyota Sienna 1999 And 2000 / I Need A Honda Accord 2003 Model V4 & Toyota Sienna 2002 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sienna Pls Help by lecturerdabo(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2013
Pls sienna, I'm driving Honda CRX Coupe(don't know much about specifications) Now I need to change the engine and mechanics are telling me the Engine is Civic(any civic engine)

Pls what is Your advice on this?
2. I also request you help me with details such as Engine size, year of production etc this is the engine No: D15B1100683

Thanks so much and God Bless You, Ikenna and others for your contributions in making life easier for fellow mankind.
Re: Sienna Pls Help by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 18, 2013
lecturerdabo: Pls sienna, I'm driving Honda CRX Coupe(don't know much about specifications) Now I need to change the engine and mechanics are telling me the Engine is Civic(any civic engine)

2. I also request you help me with details such as Engine size, year of production etc this is the engine No: D15B1100683

Thanks so much and God Bless You, Ikenna and others for your contributions in making life easier for fellow mankind.

What year is your CRX?
Re: Sienna Pls Help by lecturerdabo(m): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2013
Siena:

What year is your CRX?

Sorry Sir, I don't know but this is the chassis No. JHMED9361M000001 (hope it will be useful)

Thanks.
Re: Sienna Pls Help by miccodb(m): 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
wow. u still own a CRX? been a while i saw that car. and YES its a civic engine but not any tho.
Re: Sienna Pls Help by Mrjam3zBond007: 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
Siena:

What year is your CRX?

Good day Siena,

Pls i got your email from nairaland and i want to make enquires about a car. I got a 2002 Rav4 which has had its engine and gearbox changed from the normal 1az engine to camry's 3s engine and gearbox. i just want to know if the swap is proper and how well the car will perform. By the way its a converted car (RHD to LHD)

Thanks
Re: Sienna Pls Help by lecturerdabo(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
miccodb: wow. u still own a CRX? been a while i saw that car. and YES its a civic engine but not any tho.

Which of the civics pls?
Re: Sienna Pls Help by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mrjam3zBond007:

Good day Siena,

Pls i got your email from nairaland and i want to make enquires about a car. I got a 2002 Rav4 which has had its engine and gearbox changed from the normal 1az engine to camry's 3s engine and gearbox. i just want to know if the swap is proper and how well the car will perform. By the way its a converted car (RHD to LHD)

Thanks

I can't vouch for the integrity of the conversion, as I haven't seen it. I do however know your RAV4 has lost its AWD ability, and is now a FWD.

I don't know what the mechanic who converted it did with regards to driveshafts, what fuel system was used etc.

Why was the conversion done in the first instance? It can't be for reliability, as the RAV4 motor is as reliability as that of the Camry.
Re: Sienna Pls Help by Mrjam3zBond007: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2013
@ siena ....d rav4 uses gasoline and its a japanese spec 1.8Lvvt-i (2WD)...because of the known ECM/Transmission issues with Rav4 2002-2003 i was advised to change my engine n gearbox 2geda with a matching ECM to the desired engine that can work also with the rav4... and my mechanic said a 3s engine can fix well into d engine bay of the rav4 well
Re: Sienna Pls Help by miccodb(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
lecturerdabo:

Which of the civics pls?
Re: Sienna Pls Help by cretin: 2:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..there is a simple fix for the rav4 problem...search the forum.

nuthing good usually comes out of high tech conversions being carried out by low tech mechanics
Re: Sienna Pls Help by Mrjam3zBond007: 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
cretin: hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..there is a simple fix for the rav4 problem...search the forum.

nuthing good usually comes out of high tech conversions being carried out by low tech mechanics

Bro if u knw of any fix lemme know please or do u have a link where i can find it on d forum
thanks
Re: Sienna Pls Help by cretin: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2013
search rav4 ecm problem
Re: Sienna Pls Help by esosa4real(m): 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2013
lecturerdabo: Pls sienna, I'm driving Honda CRX Coupe(don't know much about specifications) Now I need to change the engine and mechanics are telling me the Engine is Civic(any civic engine)

Hey boss how ur side, I thought I was the only one on Nairaland to own a Honda crx....lol, anyways my search for crx body spare parts brought me to ur thread. Pls would appreciate you tell if you have seen any crx body parts in Ph/lagos so I can procure the.! That's the only issue I have, other than that its a fabulous small ride. As regards ur engine, yes I changed mine afta drivng for 3years,and my mech fixed a 98 civic engine and its been zoom zoom all d way. No issues!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] / Murano Engine And Gear Needed / In Need Of Original Denso Or NGK Spark Plug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.