Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] (1482 Views)

6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers / Do Nigerian Drivers Ever Observe Zebra Crossings? / 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by AutosBay(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
Why do Nigerian drivers find it difficult to stop at zebra crossings?

Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by kestolove95(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
no zebra is crossing so y do I hv to wait or stop

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by Harmvirus(f): 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
lol! cos most of them don't know that they are meant to stop

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by uboma(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
Nigerians are law breakers, we have no regard for the rules guiding the use of the roads. Our supposedly law enforcement agents, instead of carrying out their duties to the letter, they are busy collecting bribe from motorists...
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by lonelydora: 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
Most drivers see it as one of those markings on the road without knowing the meaning.
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by icemann(m): 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
Harmvirus:
lol! cos most of them don't know that they are meant to stop

Haha, most people didn't do a driving test to get licence. We just paid to get a licence and learnt the signs later on aka cart before the horse.
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by Harmvirus(f): 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
icemann:

Haha, most people didn't do a driving test to get licence. We just paid to get a licence and learnt the signs later on aka cart before the horse.

So true. We still have a long way to go
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 11, 2014
But there's no one crossing.... I thought they only stop when someone wants to cross
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by sultaan(m): 4:25am On Nov 11, 2014
Lane markings have been missing from Nigerian roads for a long time a generation of drivers drove without any markings, these new ones are strange to the new drivers so they don't really know what they are meant for.I saw a lot of people run red lights in Lagos at night and it is scary coming from outside to think I have the right of way when such things happen.
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by omar22(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2014
Zebra crossing is not a traffic light, you only stop when people are about to cross the traffic not when its empty like the one in the above picture
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by clodd007(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2014
As a pedestrian,u r suppose to put one leg on one of the zebra line in front of you when you want to cross to alert the oncoming driver you want to cross...the driver is suppose to stop when he sees you doing that but if you dont then he is not to wait for you....nigerians really dont know anything about road rules......so blame pedestrians and drivers all togeda....
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by Lexusgs430: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2014
In the picture you posted, I cannot see anyone waiting to cross !!!!
Re: Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] by dayleke: 7:30am On Feb 05, 2017
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Has My Tires Expired **** Sad / Tinted Glass And Factory Tinted Glass: What Did The Law Says / See What Someone Said About Lamborghini (with Picture).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.