Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,032 members, 7,953,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? (902 Views)

GEJ Vs GMB: Who Do You Think Will Win Tomorrow's Presidential Election? / Joseph Yobo Mocks Buhari In A New Article: Between GEJ And GMB, Who Is Fitter? / Fayose Warns Apc And Buhari Over Attacks On pres. Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Blackteeth(m): 2:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
Am not showing support for Buhari but I dont agree with the way most people make their judgements concerning Buhari's candidacy.
Each time Buhari's name comes up in matters concerning elections, most of us come up with comments that says things such as:

1. Why doesn't he give the younger ones a chance?
2. He is an islamic extremist.
3. He overthrew a democratic regime.
4. How many times will he contest?

These comments are absolutely true and valid, but the bad news is that these comments does not answer the ultimate burning question. In case you have forgotten what the ultimate question is, here it goes: WHO CAN GET THINGS BETTER DONE AS A NIGERIAN LEADER?
In 2015 we may likely face a scenario of having to choose between Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari. What should be in our minds to guide us in our choices and decision should be the question of who among the candidates will do a better job.
Going by the comments I exemplified above which were given by those against the emergence of Buhari as a candidate, I am prompted to ask this question:

WHAT DO NIGERIANS WANT FROM A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE?
Options:
A. A man/woman who has never overthrown a democratic government.
B. A man/woman who has not contested for elections more than twice.
C. A man/woman who will do a good job governing Nigeria.
D. A man who has not ruled Nigeria as a dictator.

Of course I believe most of us will choose option C as the answer to the question above. If Option C is the answer then it makes absolutely no sense to say that you wouldnt vote for Buhari because he overthrew a democratic government or because he has contested 10 times and failed and doesnt want a younger person to take over etc. If that is your line of thought are you saying that for instance, if it is glaring that Buhari will rescue this nation from all her troubles, you will never vote for him because he has contested numerous times and he overthrew democracy in the past? Are we choosing leaders based on these reasons or what?
The question we should be arguing and answering here should be, WHO WILL DO A BETTER JOB BETWEEN BUHARI AND JONATHAN?
No one should be takling trash about Buhari supporting boko haram or Buhari contesting 10 times and never quiting or Buhari overthrowing a civilian regime.

2 Likes

Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Dracula27: 2:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
1st
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by tinuolababy(f): 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
i prefer Obasanjo
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Dracula27: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
@ op i must first of all commend your perspective and article, i will try to explain the meaning between the lines to some of the comments you referenced below also in most cased when they are used they are used as part of a narative and not on their own.

1. "Why doesn't he give the younger ones a chance?"
Is a respectful way of telling your elder that he does not have the quality and is not fit for the task.
2. "He is an islamic extremist."
If this one is true then that totally disqualifies him for over a million reasons.One i would mention is simply that non Muslims(ahrne, Kafiri) are not considered as human beings by extremists.
3. "He overthrew a democratic regime."
Is a way of saying he doesn't believe in the system called democracy so he must have an ulterior motive for his participation.
Is saying we have already told you we don't like you eeeeh!! can't you get that into your head? give room for a more presentable person to come and enrich our democratic proccess.

In response to the option tagged C. quoted below
As a result of your statement tagged number 2 above and it's connotation Major General M. Buhari does not have the ability to rule Nigeria. This remains a fact even if he was twice the man he is.

Between Jonathan and Buhari i think Nigerians have already answered that question and we paid dearly for it with the blood of men, corpers! women!! and children!!! The hammer may forget but the nail would NEVER NEVER!!! forget

Commenting on this post has almost driven me to tears

3 Likes

Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by damoskiy(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
@ op nice one but its left to who is going to be their deputies.would vote for any of them.Best of feathers flock together
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Dracula27: 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
When i remember 2011 water run away my eye ooo!! ayeee! Ayee!! water run away my eyes....
When i remember Buhari and i remember my dead people!! ayeee! Ayee!! water run away my eyes....
When i remember what he said OOO!!! and i remember thát it happened ooo!! Ayenyenyeee Ayeee water run away my eyes

3 Likes

Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Dracula27: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mschew!!! they go they no come back.... they no gree work their posting.... they go they no come back.
Who order am?

1 Like

Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by mike404(m): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
Dracula27%:
When i remember 2011 water run away my eye ooo!! ayeee! Ayee!! water run away my eyes....
When i remember Buhari and i remember my dead people!! ayeee! Ayee!! water run away my eyes....
When i remember what he said OOO!!! and i remember thát it happened ooo!! Ayenyenyeee Ayeee water run away my eyes
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by mekaboy(m): 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
You should be comparing buhari and abacha not GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Genius100: 6:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
I think GEJ just dropped some major bucks for the 40 laptop crew. They've been bombarding Nairaland nonstop the past week or so..
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Blackteeth(m): 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
Dracula27%:
@ op i must first of all commend your perspective and article, i will try to explain the meaning between the lines to some of the comments you referenced below also in most cased when they are used they are used as part of a narative and not on their own.

1. "Why doesn't he give the younger ones a chance?"
Is a respectful way of telling your elder that he does not have the quality and is not fit for the task.
2. "He is an islamic extremist."
If this one is true then that totally disqualifies him for over a million reasons.One i would mention is simply that non Muslims(ahrne, Kafiri) are not considered as human beings by extremists.
3. "He overthrew a democratic regime."
Is a way of saying he doesn't believe in the system called democracy so he must have an ulterior motive for his participation.
Is saying we have already told you we don't like you eeeeh!! can't you get that into your head? give room for a more presentable person to come and enrich our democratic proccess.

In response to the option tagged C. quoted below
As a result of your statement tagged number 2 above and it's connotation Major General M. Buhari does not have the ability to rule Nigeria. This remains a fact even if he was twice the man he is.

Between Jonathan and Buhari i think Nigerians have already answered that question and we paid dearly for it with the blood of men, corpers! women!! and children!!! The hammer may forget but the nail would NEVER NEVER!!! forget

Commenting on this post has almost driven me to tears

I understand your points, but all you stated above is only passing a message that Nigerians do not like Buhari. But again I am asking : What do Nigerians expect from a presidential candidate? If Nigerians are looking for just a likable person then there is no problem with the points you raised. But if actually Nigerians want a leader hell bent on solving Nigerian's problems then the points you raised is a wrong way of searching for a capable leader.

1 Like

Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Dracula27: 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Blackteeth:
I understand your points, but all you stated above is only passing a message that Nigerians do not like Buhari. But again I am asking : What do Nigerians expect from a presidential candidate? If Nigerians are looking for just a likable person then there is no problem with the points you raised. But if actually Nigerians want a leader hell bent on solving Nigerian's problems then the points you raised is a wrong way of searching for a capable leader.
@ Blackteeth, i must commend you and appreciate the intelligence and maturity of your communication.
The word "Nigeria" in the context you and i understand it cannot be used for an extremist. This is because an extremist does not deem certain people(Ahrne,Kafiri) as humans or equal human beings so he cannot rule over them with equity and fairness. You can inquire on the distribution of projects between the different geographic zones by Major General Buhari when he was in charge of PTDF for a clearer view of this opinion (https://www.nairaland.com/631710/how-buhari-skewed-ptf-projects).
I agree with you on the issue of him not being liked, this immediately should cause us to as why ?
The General is not from my village, we are not holding a beauty pageant and we do not have any personal conflicting interest so there is no reason to dislike him on a personal note.
His being liked or disliked is not borne out of the blues but is as a result of his actions which have mostly been carried out in leadership positions. For majority of Nigerians the points i raised go beyond his just being like able but totally disqualify him from being considered as a president of Nigeria.
I believe one of the major grudges Nigerians hold against the incumbent president was his less than courageous reaction to the acts and actions of Major General Buhari.
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
Jonathan is already doing a better job mate.
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
Dracula27%:
Mschew!!! they go they no come back.... they no gree work their posting.... they go they no come back.
Who order am?

The spirit of Aikfavour Ukeoma shall torment the gap toothed blood loving vampire for the rest of his miserable life.

RIP Aikfavour; https://m.facebook.com/ukeoma.aikfavour?id=655614177&_rdr
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
Buhari all the way!

3 Likes

Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
None!!!
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by akposbobo: 3:10am On Apr 19, 2013
Neither Buhari nor GEJ will do a better job.
Altho i think Buhari is worse cos He went and build refinery in Kaduna. No sensible person builds a factory thousand of miles from the raw material, shows he has selfish ambitions. He did nothing when he was in power years back.
In my opinion Neither a clueless PHd holder nor a coup plotter(enemy of democracy)is capable of doing any tangible thing.
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 19, 2013
None
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by aurenflani: 6:56am On Apr 19, 2013
akposbobo: Neither Buhari nor GEJ will do a better job.
Altho i think Buhari is worse cos He went and build refinery in Kaduna. No sensible person builds a factory thousand of miles from the raw material, shows he has selfish ambitions. He did nothing when he was in power years back.
In my opinion Neither a clueless PHd holder nor a coup plotter(enemy of democracy)is capable of doing any tangible thing.

shocked
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 19, 2013
Blackteeth: Am not showing support for Buhari but I dont agree with the way most people make their judgements concerning Buhari's candidacy.
Each time Buhari's name comes up in matters concerning elections, most of us those of us from the Eastern part of Nigeria come up with comments that says things such as:

#Corrected.

1 Like

Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 19, 2013
mekaboy: You should be comparing buhari and abacha not GEJ.

True, and we should be comparing GEJ and my girlfriend's Shih Tzu.... their "intelligence" seems about comparable.

We still havent taught it how to stop nipping on the ankles of strangers but at least it doesnt eat $30,000/day meals and I bet itd say "Amen" if I made an anti-corruption prayer.
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 19, 2013
mekaboy: You should be comparing buhari and abacha not GEJ.
Gbam!
Those two have succeeded in distabilizing the once peaceful nigeria.
Abacha was busy looting and embezzeling funds Buhari is there killing innocent nigerians.
Pls don't compare GEJ and buhari, a saint shouldn't be compared to a sinner. undecided
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2013
akposbobo: Neither Buhari nor GEJ will do a better job.

Idiot,it was obj that build d refinary,and u are very slow.So u mean to say there are no ppl living in kd?
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by akposbobo: 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
Na wetin Buhari people dey take campaign ooo. Dem say na him build the refineries in the country.
So wetin that guy come do when he was in power. And Im not saying there are no people there, another factory like cotton mills and the sugar company or resources they have should have been more appropraite.

Ibrahim mr fish:

Idiot,it was obj that build d refinary,and u are very slow.So u mean to say there are no ppl living in kd?
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by ochukoccna: 7:12am On Apr 20, 2013
nne3870:
Gbam!
Those two have succeeded in distabilizing the once peaceful nigeria.
Abacha was busy looting and embezzeling funds Buhari is there killing innocent nigerians.
Pls don't compare GEJ and buhari, a saint shouldn't be compared to a sinner. undecided

Ebele a saint undecided undecided
WTF
Your 'I had no shoes' delusions is yet to wash off you after 2plus years
When he's kicked out in 2015,hope you'll see the black hole he's made Nigeria's treasury into
You accuse Abacha of looting yet fail to see Ebele and his cronies has looted what Abacha would cringe at
Creek idiot,continue saturating Sapele water
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Dracula27: 9:14am On Apr 20, 2013
The ABU principle
I agree with every opinion here oooo
The ABU states that "Any One But Buhari" would do.
Akin for president and Pawpaw for vice? Fiiiine ABU
Tonto Dikeh for president and Osofia for vice ? uuuuuuhmm ABU!!
Seun for president and his wife for vice?? Yes!! ABU!!!
Fashola for president and Nuhu for vice ?? koool ABU
Samuel peters for president and Kanu for vice ? ABU
On ABU we stand.
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2013
Dracula27%:
The ABU principle
I agree with every opinion here oooo
The ABU states that "Any One But Buhari" would do.
Akin for president and Pawpaw for vice? Fiiiine ABU
Tonto Dikeh for president and Osofia for vice ? uuuuuuhmm ABU!!
Seun for president and his wife for vice?? Yes!! ABU!!!
Fashola for president and Nuhu for vice ?? koool ABU
Samuel peters for president and Kanu for vice ? ABU
On ABU we stand.
Hey kid, you still see politics as a game abi? Wait till you end up in a refugee camp in Togo before your eye clear. And the rest of you, who should be blamed for not providing security for the corpers, if Gej really cares about their death, how many people have been punished or even arrested for the crime.
Re: Between GEJ And Buhari, Who Do You Think Will Do A Better Job? by 1025: 10:00am On Apr 20, 2013
kingoflag:

True, and we should be comparing GEJ and my girlfriend's Shih Tzu.... their "intelligence" seems about comparable.

We still havent taught it how to stop nipping on the ankles of strangers but at least it doesnt eat $30,000/day meals and I bet itd say "Amen" if I made an anti-corruption prayer.

uncle u make sense for sure. my babe can reason better than my oga at the top.a man that has P.HD in zoology can't do anything good in the human kingdom. let those who get sense on animal issues go back to the zoo.
many nigerians think like our president. if we all know who is behind these killings, why is nobody even the most powerful nigerian can arrest him? a man in whose govt no single individual is in prison for corruption related charges-hmmmmmmmmmm.
when i see men and women supporting jonathan, i feel so so ashamed to be linked to these set of beings as countrymen.
corruption and terrorism are the order of the day in his administration yet ibori can only be jailed by UK and okah can only be jailed by south africa. who can this pdp, jonathan administration jail apart from those who steal maggi from the shops?
it is a shame.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Special Announcement / Suspected Thisday Bomber Cried For Surviving Blast, Missing Heaven — Witness / To Accuse Amaechi Of Insubordination Is Rubbish; GEJ Isn't His Boss - David-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.