Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party (11696 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits / PDP Governors Set To Form A New Party - Peoplesdailyng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2013
Neo-XVI:

My thoughts exactly. I pray they succeed and become as strong as PDP.
I hope they are able to field exciting candidates with some pedigree in public or private service.
I hope that to a good extent they allow party process and primaries to pick the best candidates.
I hope they realize that we have high hopes that when they do get into power they will do better, much better to help us forget all the years of PDP misrule.

Their allegiance should be to the Nigerian populace.
APC over to you. Help awaken the sleeping giant that Nigeria is!

No party will ever save Nigeria. Parties are founded on the selfish interest of people and regions. Nigeria will be saved by inputs from time to time of few good and revolutionary men who will beat the odds and perform. If these APC folks have not been able to save the states they govern, how can they save Nigeria?
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
thelastPope:

When were you born that you are posting this nonsense here. We saw it with our eyes. Buhari, the illiterate sharia proponent was the beginning of Nigeria's economic mess and the decay we have today and he was a coward to boot. If he was a real man, he would not have hidden under Idiagbon's pants for 20 months. As soon as Idiagbon went for hajj, they kicked the fool out of office without a single fight. If that dolt had not truncated our nascent and budding democracy, we would have been a great country today. The idiota wanted to be a life president and had no single plan to return the country back to democracy. No wonder he never supported any of the struggle to return the country back to democracy throughout the 90s. Even people like Tinubu and Gowon at one time or the other learnt their voice to the call for democracy but Buhari was silent all along. Where was the idiotic Buhari when so many people came out to advocate to a return to democracy? He was busy frolicking and dinning and embezzling with Abacha and later declared Abacha corruption free. Now he wants to reap where he didnt sow. He wants to enjoy a democracy he vehemently truncated and fought against.

He will fail as he has always failed.

All your screams and rants after the bolded statement did not show or explain your statement.

How does someone getting dethroned by a coup or not lending a voice to democracy cause an economic mess.

I smell VOODOONOMICS. grin
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by OAM4J: 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
lucenzo: well said. instead of someone coming here to spit shit like acn being the messiah party. I like what you said about lesser evil. One thing is certain: both are evil

Most political parties and politicians are 'evil'; they are selfish, liar, corrupt, opportunists, etc, including the most advanced democracy in the developed countries. What keep political parties/politicians in check is the fear of being voted out of power by the people, so they try to do better than the other party for the people. That is why it is better for the people to always have a strong alternative.

It is in this light I strongly welcome APC. Even if they dont win (though I strongly hope they do), at least PDP will know it can no longer be 'business as usual'.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

All your screams and rants after the bolded statement did not show or explain your statement.

I know you will gallop into hiding after posting trash about a foolish human being like Buhari. Can you show me one thing that they used over 200 billion PTF fund to do? Just one tangible one still visible today? nonsense!
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
thelastPope:

When were you born that you are posting this nonsense here. We saw it with our eyes. Buhari, the illiterate sharia proponent was the beginning of Nigeria's economic mess and the decay we have today and he was a coward to boot. If he was a real man, he would not have hidden under Idiagbon's pants for 20 months. As soon as Idiagbon went for hajj, they kicked the fool out of office without a single fight. If that dolt had not truncated our nascent and budding democracy, we would have been a great country today. The idiota wanted to be a life president and had no single plan to return the country back to democracy. No wonder he never supported any of the struggle to return the country back to democracy throughout the 90s. Even people like Tinubu and Gowon at one time or the other learnt their voice to the call for democracy but Buhari was silent all along. Where was the idiotic Buhari when so many people came out to advocate to a return to democracy? He was busy frolicking and dinning and embezzling with Abacha and later declared Abacha corruption free. Now he wants to reap where he didnt sow. He wants to enjoy a democracy he vehemently truncated and fought against.

Just like the democracy of Goodluck and OBJ, has made us great. Please.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by PENMIGHT(m): 11:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
The worst case scenario is that the newly formed APC will end up being another PDP. Though I don't see this happening,but a worthy opposition either by just intentions, principle, association, spread or even make-believe or even by mere name will sanitize the polity.

Absolute power corrupt absolutely. Every reasonable Nigerian should support this emerging platform.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
OAM4J:

Most political parties and politicians are 'evil'; they are selfish, liar, corrupt, opportunists, etc, including the most advanced democracy in the developed countries. What keep political parties/politicians in check is the fear of being voted out of power by the people, so they try to do better than the other party for the people. That is why it is better for the people to always have a strong alternative.

It is in this light I strongly welcome APC. Even if they dont win (though I strongly hope they do), at least PDP will know it can no longer be 'business as usual'.

I totally agree! The states currently with the best performing governors in Nigeria are all states with strong opposition. By strong opposition, i mean that the incumbent is aware that the people can turn against him if he fails and he has no choice but to try and show some promise. The only governor I respect that performed without pressure was Donald Duke.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
thelastPope:

The year 2013 calls for a sober reflection at the fairness of the overthrow of Shagari’s government in 1983. The first four years of that regime was characterized by unnecessary press war against it. Moreover, after many years of military dictatorship and the aftermath of the civil war, instruments of democratic governance completely collapsed. Four years could not be enough to restructure civil rule for representative government.

The mistakes of the first term could have been corrected during the second tenure. The military that became impatient to sack that government entrenched monumental corruption. Whatever they accused that government of was insignificant compared to increased corruption and displacement of priorities that followed. The Nigerian economy continued to witness an unprecedented downward slide.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/48823/2013/02/28/shehu_shagari_88.html

Note could have been corrected, not would have been. Also note, sack a government entrenched with monumental corruption. I know you are old enough and saw everything. Congrats.

Finally don't say he will fail. You are not God and you don't know tomorrow. Thanx.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Just like the democracy of Goodluck and OBJ, has made us great. Please.

If you are not a teenager, you would know that with all the challenges we have today, we still have made much more progress than the progress of the 16 years between Buhari and Abacha. When OBJ took over in 1999, nothing was working. Absolutely nothing. How many mega watts of power did OBJ inherit again? In the 2 years of GEJ, we have added more Megawatts than was added between Buhari and Abacha.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Afam4eva(m): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
thelastPope:

I totally agree! The states currently with the best performing governors in Nigeria are all states with strong opposition. By strong opposition, i mean that the incumbent is aware that the people can turn against him if he fails and he has no choice but to try and show some promise. The only governor I respect that performed without pressure was Donald Duke.
Enugu and Cross River have never had a strong opposition and Donald Duke did well and Chime is currently doing very well. I even think it's the states with strong opposition that are not doing very for whatever reason.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
thelastPope:

I know you will gallop into hiding after posting trash about a foolish human being like Buhari. Can you show me one thing that they used over 200 billion PTF fund to do? Just one tangible one still visible today? nonsense!

Can you show me one proof that he embezzled PTF money. Please leave all those propaganda stuff. I wonder how you can call someone like Gen. Buhari foolish. Please that isn't mature. Let us not act like hooligans here.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
thelastPope:

If you are not a teenager, you would know that with all the challenges we have today, we still have made much more progress than the progress of the 16 years between Buhari and Abacha. When OBJ took over in 1999, nothing was working. Absolutely nothing. How many mega watts of power did OBJ inherit again? In the 2 years of GEJ, we have added more Megawatts than was added between Buhari and Abacha.

You said you are not a teenager but you can make a statement like nothing was working. Let me remind you. Frank Olize had the highest views in Nigeria. Millions of Nigerians didn't miss his show. How were they watching Frank Olize's NewsLine with no electricity?

How did Millions of us watch General Abacha's 3 million March in March? With no electricity? Please leave that blatant lie of Goodluck and Mrs NOI.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 11:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

The year 2013 calls for a sober reflection at the fairness of the overthrow of Shagari’s government in 1983. The first four years of that regime was characterized by unnecessary press war against it. Moreover, after many years of military dictatorship and the aftermath of the civil war, instruments of democratic governance completely collapsed. Four years could not be enough to restructure civil rule for representative government.

The mistakes of the first term could have been corrected during the second tenure. The military that became impatient to sack that government entrenched monumental corruption. Whatever they accused that government of was insignificant compared to increased corruption and displacement of priorities that followed. The Nigerian economy continued to witness an unprecedented downward slide.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/48823/2013/02/28/shehu_shagari_88.html

Note could have been corrected, not would have been. Also note, sack a government entrenched with monumental corruption. I know you are old enough and saw everything. Congrats.

Finally don't say he will fail. You are not God and you don't know tomorrow. Thanx.

I have told you to stop posting nonsense to justify a foolish coup by a power drunk idiota. There was no unprecedented downward slide. The military, starting from Buhari, brought any unprecedented downward slide. When Buhari took over, it was 1 naira to approx 0.9 dollar. By 1999, it was 95 naira to 1 dollar. When was the downward slide then?

In 1983, Nigerians didnt need a visa to travel to the UK and the USA. Infact, you could travel to the UK with a student ID. Stop posting nonsense. It was free education and you got a job immediately you graduated. Nigerians started travelling abroad for greener pastures from 1988/1989. About 6 years after the military took over. In 1983, a brand new Volkwagen beattle car cost 2,500 naira and ticket to the UK was 500 naira. You are talking absolute nonsense
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 12:02am On Apr 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Can you show me one proof that he embezzled PTF money. Please leave all those propaganda stuff. I wonder how you can call someone like Gen. Buhari foolish. Please that isn't mature. Let us not act like hooligans here.

I just asked you to show me one thing PTF did with over 200 billion in the nineties that is still standing to date and you are asking me nonsense question. If the money was not embezzled, wont you see the monuments and infrastruture it was used for?

What did PTF money achieve in health, agric, roads, education, etc. We know how things were when OBJ took over, so where did PTF money go?
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:04am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

I have told you to stop posting nonsense to justify a foolish coup by a power drunk idiota. There was no unprecedented downward slide. The military, starting from Buhari, brought any unprecedented downward slide. When Buhari took over, it was 1 naira to approx 0.9 dollar. By 1999, it was 95 naira to 1 dollar. When was the downward slide then?

In 1983, Nigerians didnt need a visa to travel to the UK and the USA. Infact, you could travel to the UK with a student ID. Stop posting nonsense. It was free education and you got a job immediately you graduated. Nigerians started travelling abroad for greener pastures from 1988/1989. About 6 years after the military took over. In 1983, a brand new Volkwagen beattle car cost 2,500 naira and ticket to the UK was 500 naira. You are talking absolute nonsense

I never justified a coup. I was debunking your claims of the Shagari government being a pedestal to greater heights.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by ballabriggs: 12:04am On Apr 19, 2013
Yes O! Time to flush the drunken sailor fisherman who hid behind Dora's wrapper when Turai came for his jugular.

In 14 years of this horrible criminals we are still talking megawatts, gigawatts, kilowatts, meanwhile Jona done carry N7 trillion run. When Bola Tinubu was to build the ENRON plant, these same rogues frustrated the project. Till date they still deduct from Lagos allocation for a non-existent plant.

And we are making progress! For 14 years now they have been "rehabilitating" Benin-Ore road.

Oil prices have risen by almost 10 folds since 1999 yet Nigeria still has one of the worst Human Development index comparable to countries like Haiti. Yet they are making progress.

Time to kick PDP out, if you think twice about it then you are the biggest m0r0n on earth. The men have no conscience, I have had dealings with some of them in the past and I can tell you how they think. They are evil, demonic, selfish, greedy and violent.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:06am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

I just asked you to show me one thing PTF did with over 200 billion in the nineties that is still standing to date and you are asking me nonsense question. If the money was not embezzled, wont you see the monuments and infrastruture it was used for?

What did PTF money achieve in health, agric, roads, education, etc. We know how things were when OBJ took over, so where did PTF money go?

How can you ask me that. Was I in General Buhari's government. All I know is that he didn't loot funds and he did a lot of work with it. Let us be fair with our questions.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 12:07am On Apr 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
Enugu and Cross River have never had a strong opposition and Donald Duke did well and Chime is currently doing very well. I even think it's the states with strong opposition that are not doing very for whatever reason.

I disagree. You can add chime to the list of those few but most others are from states with strong opposition. Edo state is a good example. The only way Oshiomole could fight his way into the hearts of Edo citizens was to show good promise in a short time. He would not have survived the fight if he didnt show such promise. Edo state was a locked down PDP state.

Akwa Ibom has a strong opposition that is very vocal. Okorocha is in the same shoes with Oshiomole. He had to show good promise in a short time. Rivers is another state with a vocal opposition.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:07am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

Meanwhile your NOI and GEJ are going on CNN and lying that there was hardly no investment for Twenty Decades. I laugh in Bakassi and you concur.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I never justified a coup. I was debunking your claims of the Shagari government being a pedestal to greater heights.

Where did I claim anything about the Shagari government? na wa for you self.

It isnt about the shagari government being a pedestal to greater heights. It is about how the democracy should have been allowed to bud and grow and overcome its teething problems. What would America have been today if coup after coup have been the case when things were bad? Do you know how bad and corrupt America was in the 30s and 50s?

Buhari was a curse to Nigeria.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:11am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

General Buhari stayed about 2 years and yet you are pointing fingers at him for the crime of General Babangida. Yet you say I am talking nonsense. grin SMH and laughing.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:13am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

It isnt about the shagari government being a pedestal to greater heights. It is about how the democracy should have been allowed to bud and grow and overcome its teething problems. What would America have been today if coup after coup have been the case when things were bad? Do you know how bad and corrupt America was in the 30s and 50s?

Now you have gone to America. Please if the past Government of America were corrupt and causing the people harm and looting their funds, do you think the gunslinging Colorado Men and North Carolina men will sit down. Those guys are armed to the teeth and ready to rock.

The American democracy grew because of Good governance. Not by monumental corruption.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:18am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

When regular Citizens are armed like this, do you think the government can misbehave?

By the way, Gen. Buhari was never a curse to Nigeria.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 12:18am On Apr 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How can you ask me that. Was I in General Buhari's government. All I know is that he didn't loot funds and he did a lot of work with it. Let us be fair with our questions.

How do you know he didnt loot funds if there is no evidence of what was done with the funds? Your are really confused. You are contradicting yourself. So you think he didnt loot funds because he said so? Or because he claims he has no property anywhere? Or because he dresses like a gate man? lol

Meanwhile your NOI and GEJ are going on CNN and lying that there was hardly no investment for Twenty Decades. I laugh in Bakassi and you concur.

General Buhari stayed about 2 years and yet you are pointing fingers at him for the crime of General Babangida. Yet you say I am talking nonsense. SMH and laughing.

When I said you are a teenager, you said I was insulting you and alas, I was right. Can you name one major power project built and commisioned between 1983 december and 1999?

To really show you are a teenager, you dont even know Buhari was PTF chairman between 1994 and 1999? SMH for you
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:20am On Apr 19, 2013
This is in Texas. Do you think these guys are joking? grin

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7gyrZz5s3Yv46LQ6cFgwHORfv1qjEyq6J2M8aQQtEE0Bk_u6-[/img]
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:21am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

How do you know he didnt loot funds if there is no evidence of what was done with the funds? Your are really confused. You are contradicting yourself. So you think he didnt loot funds because he said so? Or because he claims he has no property anywhere? Or because he dresses like a gate man? lol

When I said you are a teenager, you said I was insulting you and alas, I was right. Can you name one major power project built and commisioned between 1983 december and 1999?

To really show you are a teenager, you dont even know Buhari was PTF chairman between 1994 and 1999? SMH for you

Have you answered how in that time we were watching NTA news and Newsline, even Super Eagles like Kanu and Okocha without Generators and nothing working? Yet you say I'm a teenager. tongue
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 12:22am On Apr 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Now you have gone to America. Please if the past Government of America were corrupt and causing the people harm and looting their funds, do you think the gunslinging Colorado Men and North Carolina men will sit down. Those guys are armed to the teeth and ready to rock.

The American democracy grew because of Good governance. Not by monumental corruption.

Look, I am doing you a free service by educating you for free here on NL. I will not be this generous next time. The USA between the 1920s and the 1950s was a gangter's paradise. Have you ever heard of Al pacino's the Godfather? New york and california were run and practically governed by gangs. The law enforcement agencies were all deep in it. You should try and calm down and do some serious reading before you come here to debate
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 12:24am On Apr 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Have you answered how in that time we were watching NTA news and Newsline, even Super Eagles like Kanu and Okocha without Generators and nothing working? Yet you say I'm a teenager. tongue

Small pickin. You dey take style dey learn about naija free of charge from me and you no wan acknowledge. dobale before I give you more info. Oloshi! grin

3 Likes

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:25am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

Look, I am doing you a free service by educating you for free here on NL. I will not be this generous next time. The USA between the 1920s and the 1950s was a gangter's paradise. Have you ever heard of Al pacino? New york and california were run and practically governed by gangs. The law enforcement agencies were all deep in it. You should try and calm down and do some serious reading before you come here to debate

What concerns, Al Pacino? LOL. Laughter wants to kill me. You mean that actor in God Father was really a gangster? shocked shocked That is some education. I must take first. grin grin
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:30am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

Small pickin. You dey take style dey learn about naija free of charge from me and you no wan acknowledge. dobale before I give you more info. Oloshi! grin

Well what I am saying if the governments of the early democracy were not patriotic, America would have faced challenges. Remember it was the military who fought for America who first ruled in their early democracy.

Those guys like George Washington and John Adams had the American interest at heart. That is why the early democracy of America survived without much challenges.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:31am On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

Goodnight/Good Morning. See ya in the Information Highway later in the day.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thelastPope(m): 12:32am On Apr 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

What concerns, Al Pacino? LOL. Laughter wants to kill me. You mean that actor in God Father was really a gangster? shocked shocked That is some education. I must take first. grin grin

I just had to refer to Al pacino to give you a picture of how the gangs operated in the early 20th century in America. I am in generous mood. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Re-arraigns Saraki’s Aide, Makanjuola, Others For N3.5bn Fraud / Bakare Didn’t Recommend Tinubu For President In Viral Video - Sola Adeyeye / Lagos Police Deploys Special Constables To Formations Accross The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.