Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party (11695 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Huge Challenge For APC As Lai Mohammed Exits / PDP Governors Set To Form A New Party - Peoplesdailyng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2013
chucky234: Coming from a known documented derailed chronic goon.

Sure.

Dumb, backwards, jungle monkey.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by onitj: 8:49am On Apr 19, 2013
oddy4real:
all these one na filmtrick. They still cannot syand the firepower of the PDP. the PDP would give them the beating of their miserable lives in 2015. then, the APC would dismantle, re-merge and would keep losing.
i choose to vote the PDP over these thieves turned 'progressives'. when the door of my house is faulty, i would not call a thief to repair it for me.
i knw dat u re a pdp agent wt dis ur miserable comment,u shuld be one of dose dat shuld be kickd out of NL...i dnt knw wot pdp has sucessfully dne 4 d betterment of d country since d past 14yrs,dere is rapid rate of unemployment,no stable power nd unimaginable corruption in govt..lets tink wise

1 Like

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by ayox2003: 8:53am On Apr 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: IMF gave Nigeria certain conditions which must be met. In 1984 when the naira exchanged for $1.34, the IMF demanded a minimum of 60% devaluation of it. Buhari refused, agreeing only to a "crawling peg"—a mechanism whereby government would realign the currency gradually, forestalling or minimizing economic and social dislocations because of such drastic devaluation of its currency. In addition to the devaluation of the naira, IMF demanded that government took other drastic actions:

(a) The government must remove its subsidy on petroleum.
(b) It must curtail its expenditure.
(c) Government must rationalize its tariff structures.
(d) It must put a freeze on its wages.
(e) It must put a total end of non-statutory transfers to State governments,
(f) Government must at least institute a 30% raise on interest rates

Government resisted this because the decline in its revenue earnings and its debt obligations made it almost impossible to raise interest rates without triggering inflation (West Africa, May 14, 1984).

The Nigerian government and veteran economists in Nigeria (like Aluko, Onosade, Okigbo, etc) could not make sense of being asked to devalue its currency when Nigeria’s imports were in dollar and its export (fixed quantity of oil) was also in dollar. The implication of devaluation was that Nigeria would pay more to import lesser quantity of goods than it did prior to any devaluation. It would also export the same amount of oil it exported before any devaluation and derive lesser revenue than it received before any devaluation. The impacts of it debt payment would have harsher effect on the citizenry if the naira was devalued.

This did not make any economic sense to Buhari; it struck him as an insult on the intelligence of the African. Finance Minister Onaolapo Soleye and Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji who led the Nigerian delegation to the last negotiation in Washington were chewed out by US Federal Reserve Chairman, Paul Volcker, for presenting the Nigerian governments rejection of most of these recommendations. For rejecting the IMF conditions and the loan, the Buhari administration got into the black book of Washington. Already, it had earned the dislike of 10 Downing Street for cutting down Nigeria’s imports from the UK by about 350%. In any case, without the IMF loan, government was still in a bind as to how to finance capital projects and pay for imports, especially spare parts for local industries, food items, etc. At this juncture, the genius and resourcefulness of Buharinomics illuminated to the delight of the African.

[b]First, the administration sent Oil Minister Tam David West to OPEC to seek a raise in the quantity of oil that Nigeria could export. If OPEC agreed, Nigeria would expect to generate extra revenue in the long run from any increase of its oil quota and this would assist tremendously in augmenting the shortfall in the nation’s purse. Professor West came back empty handed—the US and Britain had put pressure on their puppets in OPEC (like Saudi Arabia) to refuse Nigeria’s request.

To counter OPEC’s bluff, the Buhari administration entered into a $2 billion barter trade agreement with four countries. Nigeria daily bartered 200,000 barrels of oil as follows:

(a) completely knocked down parts for automobiles from Brazil.
(b) Construction equipment from Italy
(c) Engineering equipment from France, and
(d) Capital goods from Austria.

This barter trade took care of the administration’s need to have borrowed money but it intensified the ill will the US and Britain had for Nigeria. By bartering this oil, Nigeria was:

(a) solving those needs which the proposed IMF loan was geared toward. Doing so without borrowing or feeling the pains of spending the meager amount generated from its OPEC approved 1.3 billion a day oil export is the stuff an economic wizard is made of.

(b) Britain had been cut off as Nigeria’s major supplier of the goods which the countries in the barter agreement sent to Nigeria.

(c) The US usurious money lenders were denied the chance to suck Nigeria dry through the IMF loan.

(d) American and British oil companies were irate that the oil being bartered would flood the oil market, cutting in on their profits.

(e) The oil being bartered was oil that used to be illegally bunkered before Buhari put illegal oil bunkering artist out of business. For once, an African country had put positive economic mechanism in place to salvage its ailing economy without swallowing IMF’s poison pills.[/b]

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5720:is-general-buhari-the-problem-with-nigeria&catid=36:pointblank&Itemid=83

Let me add one more point, under Buhari's regime, the price of rice went up because importers/sellers hoarded it. They had the impression that it would sky-rocket. You know what Buhari did? The government ordered those who had bought long before the price went uo to sell at a standard price and those who couldn't, the government bought it from them at a high price and distributed it to civil servants who were below level7. Three folks shared a bag of rice. That's what I call responsibility. Food was made available!

Thanks for bringing this up, bro.

Frawzey

2 Likes

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by hakanai(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2013
wellmax: I wish and pray that they succeed in dislodging the PDP.
Good wishes and prayers. You also have a role to play. Vote and be counted o!! They have done there own,will you be there to do yours? Wishing Nigeria all the best.

1 Like

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by anonimi: 9:02am On Apr 19, 2013
ayox2003:

Let me add one more point, under Buhari's regime, the price of rice went up because importers/sellers hoarded it. They had the impression that it would sky-rocket. You know what Buhari did? The government ordered those who had bought long before the price went uo to sell at a standard price and those who couldn't, the government bought it from them at a high price and distributed it to civil servants who were below level7. Three folks shared a bag of rice. That's what I call responsibility. Food was made available!

Frawzey

That shows that the dimwit sharia exponent and BH supporter has no sense of economics for creating national value.
Importing rice rather promoting local production is definitely not the sign of a leader who has his head properly screwed to his neck.
It provides short term feel-good effects like any addictive drug but the long term effects are very negative and that is what GEJ is correcting with his agricultural focus.

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by onitj: 9:04am On Apr 19, 2013
oddy4real:
all these one na filmtrick. They still cannot syand the firepower of the PDP. the PDP would give them the beating of their miserable lives in 2015. then, the APC would dismantle, re-merge and would keep losing.
i choose to vote the PDP over these thieves turned 'progressives'. when the door of my house is faulty, i would not call a thief to repair it for me.
I knw dat u re a pdp agent 4 dis ur miserable comment...jst tell me one thing dat pdp has done 4 d past 14yrs 4 d betterment of our country except 4 insecurity,unstable power,rapid rate of unemployment nd unimaginable corruption in govt..i will vote 4 any party bt nt pdp
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2013
One thing i am very sure of, they have gathered to fail!
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 19, 2013
anonimi:

That shows that the dimwit sharia exponent and BH supporter has no sense of economics for creating national value.
Importing rice rather promoting local production is definitely not the sign of a leader who has his head properly screwed to his neck.

Promote local production with what money? The Billions of Dollars Umaru Dikko and co stashed in their private overseas accounts or the ones people like Jim Nwobodo used to purchase rolex watches for their fat wrists? Why do you think the 2nd Republic was overthrown?

Moro*n, go learn your history and stop being a enemy of progress.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by hakanai(m): 9:35am On Apr 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

What concerns, Al Pacino? LOL. Laughter wants to kill me. You mean that actor in God Father was really a gangster? shocked shocked That is some education. I must take first. grin grin

^^^^^ He meant Al-capone!! Over syllabus get side effect. I follow you laugh !!!!! Al pacino ke Robert de-niro ni! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by EMMABC1(m): 9:58am On Apr 19, 2013
Ask APC their mission and vision for this coalition, they will always tell u, 'to sweep PDP out'. Their programs are not people oriented and issue- based, rather is all about getting to aso rock and then continue to loot d country. I think this party does not thick d box 4me. Madness!
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Sensicut(m): 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2013
afinic001:

They are all the same.
they are the same but change we need
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by salsonext(m): 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

When were you born that you are posting this nonsense here. We saw it with our eyes. Buhari, the illiterate sharia proponent was the beginning of Nigeria's economic mess and the decay we have today and he was a coward to boot. If he was a real man, he would not have hidden under Idiagbon's pants for 20 months. As soon as Idiagbon went for hajj, they kicked the fool out of office without a single fight. If that dolt had not truncated our nascent and budding democracy, we would have been a great country today. The idiota wanted to be a life president and had no single plan to return the country back to democracy. No wonder he never supported any of the struggle to return the country back to democracy throughout the 90s. Even people like Tinubu and Gowon at one time or the other learnt their voice to the call for democracy but Buhari was silent all along. Where was the idiotic Buhari when so many people came out to advocate to a return to democracy? He was busy frolicking and dinning and embezzling with Abacha and later declared Abacha corruption free. Now he wants to reap where he didnt sow. He wants to enjoy a democracy he vehemently truncated and fought against.

He will fail as he has always failed.
Sometimes i read some peoples senseless sentimental comments about Buhari and wonder if this ppl are at all sensible.if Ʊ are to criticise a leader, get ur facts and not the rubbish street stories Ʊ pick up the street.
At least dont Ʊ think if Buhari was as corrupt as Ʊ think then y isnt EFCC chasing him, at least he was a former head of state and was also former minister for petroleum. Take it or leave ur families must have benefitted from ptf. And after vacating the post what wealth cld Ʊ say he amassed as he only has two private properties i.e his house in kaduna and abuja. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ what the hell are Ʊ talking about that he is corrupt. Y did our dearly Beloved GEJ refuse to declare his assets. Thats becos even a blind man knows this PDP administration is a corrupt one

1 Like

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by anonimi: 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2013
kingoflag:

Moro*n, go learn your history and stop being a enemy of progress.

You obviously think everyone is at the same level of being a moro*n like you.
Sorry to dissapoint you.

Promote local production with what money?

The same money he used to import rice, sugar, milk, vegetable oil etc
See it is very easy. You only needed to think a little bit more.

The Nigerian National Supply Company (NNSC) was selling these [size=14pt]"essential commodities" (Essenco) at "controlled prices" with long queues for ordinary citizens while those who were "connected" to the khakhi boys in charge were making crazy money from their illegal allocations of the items.[/size]
You may need to ask the elders around you for more info on the happenings of that clueless era.
Just admit that your idol is a dimwit when it comes to running a country's economy with long term goals rather than short term quick fixes like those of drug junkies.
I will give it to the Ayatollah Brouhari that he is an excellent cold blooded murderer since the counter coup of July 1966 when he massacred his Igbo officers in Ikeja cantonment.

1 Like

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by SPEED5: 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2013
As it stands so far, my vote remains with GEJ come 2015. Except I see genuine opposition. Not dis tribalised apc rantings

1 Like

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by SPEED5: 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
As it stands so far, my vote remains with GEJ come 2015. Except I see genuine opposition. Not dis tribalised apc actions
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by philips70(m): 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
chucky234: Buhari has never done anything positive to better this nation,I witnessed his tenure as a military head of state and being a barracks groom I know he was never good.

You are a pathological liar. I guess it runs in your family's veins
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Myself2(m): 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
kingoflag:

First off: WHY ARE YOU WRITING IN HUGE FONTS?! Are you ok?

Next: WHO THE FUXXCK ARE YOU?

I hate bigots. Go die somewhere hateful, backwards, failure-loving monkey. Go ahead and vote GEJ, beast!

First of,I typed in large fonts to make sure your acute hypermetropia didnt stop your sorry a.rse from reading my post
Then as to who I am,I'm the guy that fcked yo momma and made you watch.
You wanna turn this thread to a battle ground,bring it on biaaaatch
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Myself2(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
anonimi:

kingoflag you obviously think everyone is at the same level of being a moro*n like you.
Sorry to dissapoint you.

The same money he used to import rice, sugar, milk, vegetable oil etc
See it is very easy. You only needed to think a little bit more.

The Nigerian National Supply Company (NNSC) was selling these [size=14pt]"essential commodities" (Essenco) at "controlled prices" with long queues for ordinary citizens while those who were "connected" to the khakhi boys in charge were making crazy money from their illegal allocations of the items.[/size]
You may need to ask the elders around you for more info on the happenings of that clueless era.
Just admit that your idol is a dimwit when it comes to running a country's economy with long term goals rather than short term quick fixes like those of drug junkies.
I will give it to the Ayatollah Brouhari that he is an excellent cold blooded murderer since the counter coup of July 1966 when he massacred his Igbo officers in Ikeja cantonment.

Hats off to you bros,your analysis and sense of history are so impeccably on point that it's only inebriated nincompoops like kingoflag that would come here and spew putrid gibberish against sound reasoning
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by philips70(m): 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
Myself2:

Hats off to you bros,your analysis and sense of history are so impeccably on point that it's only inebriated nincompoops like kingoflag that would come here and spew putrid gibberish against sound reasoning

How does all these analysis and grammar affect the fact that politicians in this dispensation have stolen and stash away more money than was ever stolen in all the military administrations put together? How does it changed the fact that GEJ against all morality gave Alams a pardon even when telling the whole world he is fighting corruption all in the name he (Alams) is helping to curb oil theft (SMH)? How can you explain away the fact that GEJ has left a minister in the Petroleum ministry for this long despite all the monumental corruption being discovered in departments she's directly supervising? Is the Buhari government of the 80's responsible for all these? Even NOI intelligence could not cover up the shame of this nation on CNN. Maybe Ibori, Odili, Sylva, Lucky, Bode George, Bankole, Farouk etc are children of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Myself2(m): 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
philips70:

How does all these analysis and grammar affect the fact that politicians in this dispensation have stolen and stash away more money than was ever stolen in all the military administrations put together? How does it changed the fact that GEJ against all morality gave Alams a pardon even when telling the whole world he is fighting corruption all in the name he (Alams) is helping to curb oil theft (SMH)? How can you explain away the fact that GEJ has left a minister in the Petroleum ministry for this long despite all the monumental corruption being discovered in departments she's directly supervising? Is the Buhari government of the 80's responsible for all these? Even NOI intelligence could not cover up the shame of this nation on CNN. Maybe Ibori, Odili, Sylva, Lucky, Bode George, Bankole, Farouk etc are children of Buhari.

What are you babbling on and on about?
Its difficult reading few lines of incoherent text,now you've compounded the difficulty by writing a handout of incoherence

Abeg fly.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by philips70(m): 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
Myself2:

What are you babbling on and on about?
Its difficult reading few lines of incoherent text,now you've compounded the difficulty by writing a handout of incoherence

Abeg fly.

It's not rocket science to know you have comprehension problem. Go back to school
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
ayox2003:

Frawzey
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
thelastPope:

You are a shameless liar. A very shameless one at that. You have been laid bare for the world to see your azz lying with your 2 eyes wide open. Idiota! You think you wont be found out in a public forum?

There has been no significant construction in the Benin-Ore road since the eighties. Foolish liar! Only patch work and little expasions were done around shagamu town and ondo border when OBj brought in the toll gates. Lying dolt! Where did PTF squander over 1 trillion in todays value? shameless idiotas! OBJ took over a cuntry with complete infrastructural breakdown. Nothing was working. If Buhari and PTF had invested such some in the previous 5 years, wont we have seen it? How many years does a road last? Lying toad!

Did he build a power plant? Did he build an hospital? did he build a new university? Did he build rails? What did he do with the money? He didnt even help his almajiri army who he is now using religious sentiments to deceive into fighting for him. Why did he not build schools to take them off the street? Why! Why!! Why!!!

He simply joined the thieving cabals who stole our oil money and squandered it only for the idiota to now pretend he is a poor man. See job! 419!!! No wonder he qucikly declared Abacha corruption free, because he knows that a deep probe of Abacha will expose him. Why didnt he dare IBB? He knows IBB would have exposed him. yeye! cheesy

FORMER Head of State and Presidential Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, in the 2011 general elections, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), yesterday dared former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd), to expose him if he had facts and insisted that IBB and other leaders played crucial roles in destroying Nigeria’s oil industry.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/corruption-buhari-dares-ibb/

Sorry to say it, you are saying things you don't know.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by TexasR: 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Myself2(m): 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
philips70:

It's not rocket science to know you have comprehension problem. Go back to school

Your father;Your REAL father
It's only mad men that comprehend the blabbing of their kind,so pardon me if I'm too suave and dapper to understand your cacophonous post
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by drealsirhid: 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2013
Hmmmmmmm.....let me see.....bola Tinubu led his party to adopt a merger under a name which is presently a subject matter of litigation of which the courts are yet to decide!!!! Is he oblivious of the booby trap set for them by the other APC Anyways, let's see how Inec wriggles out of this.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 22, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How can you ask me that. Was I in General Buhari's government. All I know is that he didn't loot funds and he did a lot of work with it. Let us be fair with our questions.

u do not kno a single thing Buhari did yet u support him..
just because you like his name?
sentiment...tribal ...naija i hail oo
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by alexchiny: 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
Congrats to them. Now am waiting to see how the traitor called Rochas would arrange an APGA convention. I laugh in Ufuma cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by emmasege: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
let them metamorphose a million times, they will never smell aso rock as long as they keep building parties around individuals. When PDP emerged in 1999, it had a national outlook and still does up till today. Retire these old, selfish and outdated politicians and bring on new,dynamic, religious tolerant and purpose-driven folks like Mimiko.
Re: ACN Convention Adopts APC As New Party by tarantino1: 10:19am On Apr 11, 2022
Love this threaf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia Governorship: Igbokwe Sues PDP, INEC, Asks Court To Nullify Ahiwe Candidacy / EFCC Re-arraigns Saraki’s Aide, Makanjuola, Others For N3.5bn Fraud / Bakare Didn’t Recommend Tinubu For President In Viral Video - Sola Adeyeye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.