Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship (12117 Views)

Bode George: Tinubu Has Begged Me For Forgiveness / Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / Bola Tinubu Has Chronic Mouth Odour - Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by angelsing(m): 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pls and pls, people shud stop comparing lagos with any other state..tell me who can govern the state with all the lawlessness, decay in infrastructure and all other affliction known with lagos. Just tell me one person who would have done better than wat Fashola has done. I can't wait for him to become the president of this country. For all those who think otherwise TFUY: thunder fire una yansh!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Policewoman(f): 10:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
A tale of two thieves: Tinubu and Fashole.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
@policewoman tell me one governor in the southeast who can match fashola
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Pius007: 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
O ekpele o baba pusher and the pushee yet pensioners are not paid.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by kolexy(m): 1:20am On Apr 20, 2013
Tunjman: Who says Awolowo wasn't a millionaire during his time? He was stupendously wealthy, infact report had it that there is no company at Oba Akran in Ikeja, Lagos where he does not have at least five percent equity, Dideolu Court in Ogba alone cannot be valued at less than N10 Billion, that was the place he had in mind to be his Seat of Power if he was elected as Nigeria's President...He owne Shonibare Estate but, the man he was using as a front and who later went to priso over some issues which Awolowo himself was privy to eventually laid claim to the estate.

He got all of these wealth due to a great measure of goodwill and tax waivers he gave to investors whenever they come to establish their business...Anytime you buy a bottle of Coca-Cola, you're enriching the Awolowo dynasty.
Tunjman: Who says Awolowo wasn't a millionaire during his time? He was stupendously wealthy, infact report had it that there is no company at Oba Akran in Ikeja, Lagos where he does not have at least five percent equity, Dideolu Court in Ogba alone cannot be valued at less than N10 Billion, that was the place he had in mind to be his Seat of Power if he was elected as Nigeria's President...He owne Shonibare Estate but, the man he was using as a front and who later went to priso over some issues which Awolowo himself was privy to eventually laid claim to the estate.

He got all of these wealth due to a great measure of goodwill and tax waivers he gave to investors whenever they come to establish their business...Anytime you buy a bottle of Coca-Cola, you're enriching the Awolowo dynasty.

I have heard this mant times. Are you aware Coca-cola Nigeria is now a private coy. It is 100% owned by the Leventis family. Awo probably made is fortune as a Lawyer.The first generation of lawyers in Nigeria, made a lot of money through commission. They get Land commission from villages they represent.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by saintneo(m): 7:18am On Apr 20, 2013
byteem: In the land of the blind .. the one eyed man is king...the only reason why lagosians tolerate Tinubu and Fashola is because there is no viable alternative .. Funsho Williams who was the only option was assassinated by you know who ..Mr T himself ..but even then, he was Obasanjo's last card for Lagos. So his death paved way for ACN and heralded the death of PDP in Lagos if not the entire south .. the only other option is Jimi Agbaje but he sticks to a party thats not relevant .. if he joined PDP today then maybe we could have race becos Obanikoro is just another chief tout and pawn .. so.. we are back to square one .. Lagosians are tired of ACN really ..ACN is out of ideas .. i dare anyone to name one Lagos project that is not designed to enrich tinubu and fund ACN... from tax.. we all know his company remains the main consultants . to roads , or to tolls .. we know who owns LCC.. or BRT .. or the new owners of LSDPC housing schemes .. or to bogus contracts for drainage rehabilitation, greenries and road adjustments done over and over again .. the state has become Tinubu's business empire .. but what options are available ... So every day they come up with new schemes to legalize fraud .. like the residents registration project .. but at least we can see something ..with PDP it was a complete disaster .. they eat with both hands..messy eaters they were.. So far its between the devil and the deep blue sea.. burn in PDP'S HELL or DROWN IN ACN'S WATERLOO.. ur guess is as good as mine,Lagosians would rather get life jackets and hope they can float in the least.
I'm glad that there are people with sane minds here.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by badesco(m): 10:04am On Apr 20, 2013
[quote author=Eko Atlantic]Haters beware[/quote
too bad of you why? do you have to portray them in a bad light?
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by sammydiceylp(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2013
There's no way he will have regert pushing him when he is seeing what he want.on the issue of the formation of APC,well i can smell nothing but civil war because if they fail to get the presidential seat come 2015,what they will say is that since two and more parties come together,then they must have had more people to vote for them than the PDP.And if they by luck get the seat,then i can see what happen in the 1962 Action Group crisis will repeat itself again in the sense that different people wil want to control the president and if this does not go down well with the president,there will be troblue in the federation.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by viyon02: 9:35pm On Apr 20, 2013
see the devil talking: god will redeem lagos from the cabal.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by porka: 10:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic: No Regrets Making Fashola Lagos Gov – Tinubu

Fri, 19/04/2013 - 2:15am

A former Governor of Lagos State, Chief Bola Tinubu, said yesterday that he has no regrets pushing for Mr Babatunde Fashola as his successor in 2007.

“When I was pushing for him to become governor in 2007, they said that he could not do anything.

“Today, I am vindicated. Thank you for not disappointing me and Lagosians and for not putting me to shame,’’ he told thousands of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) supporters in Lagos at the party’s convention.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 4, 691 delegates from the 36 states and Abuja converged on Onikan Stadium on Lagos Island for the event.

Tinubu said, “ You (Fashola) have actualised our vision and dreams. We are proud of your performance.’’

He also commended some political leaders, including retired Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the Presidential Candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 elections, for their efforts in deepening the country’s democracy.

Tinubu also named former governors of Kano State and Ogun, Ibrahim Sekarau and Chief Olusegun Osoba, respectively,  as among those helping to deepen the nation’s democracy.

On the merger of four parties into All Progressive Congress (APC), Tinubu said the initiative was to bring about the necessary change in the polity.

“We demand a change in the governance of the country. Nigeria must be a prosperous, safe and secure nation.
“The challenges facing us as a nation – insecurity, kidnapping, mass poverty, unemployment and poor wages – must be addressed.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/52384/2013/04/19/no_regrets_making_fashola_lagos_gov_tinubu.html

Pushing him to Vice Presidential candidacy huh?

Well, we are expecting the announcement of the Presidential candidate.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoAtlantic: 4:41pm On May 12, 2013
PointB: So Tinubu made Fashola Governor? How about crediting the good people of Lagos?

How's that your business omo ibo?! face your creek

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How 16 Deputy Governors Quit In 19 Years / Tinubu Hails Rescue Of Kidnapped Kuriga School Children / Buhari Vows To Explore Fastest Means To End Niger Delta Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.