Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship (12111 Views)

Bode George: Tinubu Has Begged Me For Forgiveness / Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / Bola Tinubu Has Chronic Mouth Odour - Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by gentle12: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
Either anybody likes it or not! Tinubu Fashola are performers,sentiment apart,if we can have the two at the helms of National affairs,then Nigerians would be happier for it.Because we will not remain in this mess
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by funshint(m): 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2013
saintneo: don't be deceived by the mere filtration you receive. Let's be civil and avoid using insults and tribalism.

Tinubu is very influencing in the SW. A man that was able withstand the pressures of OBJs government, yet he produced results - BRT scheme, etc.

If a family eats amala & ewedu 24/7, with no experience of any food will believe that amala is the only food in the universe. And if this food is cooked by the same cook, is it not proper to say the cook has influenced the choice of food.

What am I driving at? What is my perspective? What is my insight? Humans are like herds, they tend to be influenced easily. If Tinubu and his protégés remain in this relay-marathon, Lagosians will never experience anything different for the many years to come.
The only tin Lagosians can experience other than what they currently have now is poo. Come to Oyo state pple wll tell u d story of their life under Akala and dat clueless, bloodthirsty party PDP!
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by saleeh: 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
...GOD IS WATCHING AND WAITING...THEY OWN THEIR TIME NOT THE WOLD...GOD IS EVER WATCHING...AND I PITY THEM
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Omen100(m): 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
gregg2: Ok, we hear you, Oga Tinubu.
Atleast your boy Fashola introduced street light to Nigeria.

But wait oh . . . is Tinubu admitting he rigged elections for Fashola?

please bring that your empty coconut you called head let Me check if there are still sense in it...... angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Goddex: 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
gentle12: Either anybody likes it or not! Tinubu Fashola are performers,sentiment apart,if we can have the two at the helms of National affairs,then Nigerians would be happier for it.Because we will not remain in this mess

Which performance? And Lagos is still rated the third worst city to live in the world?
Many PDP controlled states have public water supply 24hrs. In Lagos, Mai-Ruwa and Pure
Water and shallow wells/boreholes are all that we have. What performance are you talking
about if not media propaganda?

Have you ever asked yourself how Tinubu became a billionaire? It is Lagos state/South West money.
Unlike Otedola, Dangote, Adenuga etc tinubu was never a business man. He is a billionaire
with money stolen from government coffers.

Papa Fasehun reminded them that Pa Awo rendered selfless service to South West without turning
himself to a millionaire. Why are all of them becoming instant billionaires? They are stealing
our money in droves while at the same time bombarding us with media propaganda of performance.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by saintneo(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
[size=48pt]Why was this topic modified? The topic sounded very Akpabio-ish initially.[/size]
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by NonFarmPayrol: 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
Why will he have regrets when he is getting a good commission From his puppet and when your accounts are smiliag courtesy of dafthola , LCC is just one of the numerous ways Lagosians are being robbed without knowing grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Demdem(m): 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Goddex:

Fashola brought street light to Nigeria

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahhahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaHaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahahahhahahahavHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha . . .

can't stop laughing . . . my ribs!
When I saw that comment from one ACN peep, I was like, that guy
must come from the same village with Eko-Ile, Gbawe, Dayokanu,Kuroji,
Seanet, Demdem and co. I never beleived a Naija peep could be this timid.

Empty head. As empty as goddex condom.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by AjCityOne: 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
gregg2: Ok, we hear you, Oga Tinubu.
Atleast your boy Fashola introduced street light to Nigeria.

But wait oh . . . is Tinubu admitting he rigged elections for Fashola?

Go back and read again. Olodo
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
yada yada......

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by OAM4J: 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
saintneo: [size=48pt]Why was this topic modified? The topic sounded very Akpabio-ish initially.[/size]

I modified the title cos I was recommending the thread for home page.

He used the word "Pushing" not "Making" like the title from the news site suggests.

A former Governor of Lagos State, Chief Bola Tinubu, said yesterday that he has no regrets pushing for Mr Babatunde Fashola as his successor in 2007.

“When I was pushing for him to become governor in 2007, they said that he could not do anything.

“Today, I am vindicated. Thank you for not disappointing me and Lagosians and for not putting me to shame,’’ he told thousands of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) supporters in Lagos at the party’s convention.

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by AjCityOne: 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
Goddex:

Which performance? And Lagos is still rated the third worst city to live in the world?
Many PDP controlled states have public water supply 24hrs. In Lagos, Mai-Ruwa and Pure
Water and shallow wells/boreholes are all that we have. What performance are you talking

Have you ever asked yourself how Tinubu became a billionaire? It is Lagos state/South West money.
Unlike Otedola, Dangote, Adenuga etc tinubu was never a business man. He is a billionaire

Papa Fasehun reminded them that Pa Awo rendered selfless service to South West without turning
himself to a millionaire. Why are all of them becoming instant billionaires? They are stealing
our money in droves while at the same time bombarding us with media propaganda of performance.

I sense deep sentiment for your comments. But let me ask you, do you prefer a millionaire politician that have nothing to show his constituent and his people or a billionaire that make some difference in the life of his people. And about Awo era politics, don't you forget that during his time idea and vision gets you elected but in this day and age of politics in Nigeria, money and lots of money gets you elected. Just think about it.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Demdem(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
OAM4J:

He used the word "Pushing" not "Making" like the title from the news site suggests.

Very wise. That singular act of urs spared us another round of foolishness from goons.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by mapet: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
Reading thru your writeup, I will still refer you to the bolded and underlined below.....
saintneo: don't be deceived by the mere filtration you receive. Let's be civil and avoid using insults and tribalism.

Tinubu is very influencing in the SW. A man that was able withstand the pressures of OBJs government, yet he produced results - BRT scheme, etc.

If a family eats amala & ewedu 24/7, with no experience of any food will believe that amala is the only food in the universe. And if this food is cooked by the same cook, is it not proper to say the cook has influenced the choice of food.

What am I driving at? What is my perspective? What is my insight? Humans are like herds, they tend to be influenced easily. If Tinubu and his protégés remain in this relay-marathon, Lagosians will never experience anything different for the many years to come.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
Birds of the same plumage
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by romanlaw(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
WHY WILL HE REGRET? TELL ME Y? WHEN HE COLLECTS ATLEAST 50% OF LAGOS STATE REVENUE AND WHEN FASHOLA REFUSES HE THREATENS TO IMPEACH HIM, WHEN ALL CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES IN LAGOS BELONGS TO HIM, WHEN ALL REVOKED LANDS NOW BELONGSD TO HIM, WHEN THE ENTIRE YORUBA LAND WORSHIP HIM LIKE GOD. WHEN HE USED LAGOS STATE MONEY TO PUSH HIS WIFE TO THE ASSEMBLY, SO TELL ME WHY HE WILL REGRET. IF NA U , U GO regret?
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2013
No comment busy with my G factor,can be heven with honey and cold water,coconut is optional
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by danot1030: 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2013

SERMON
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Tunjman(m): 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
Who says Awolowo wasn't a millionaire during his time? He was stupendously wealthy, infact report had it that there is no company at Oba Akran in Ikeja, Lagos where he does not have at least five percent equity, Dideolu Court in Ogba alone cannot be valued at less than N10 Billion, that was the place he had in mind to be his Seat of Power if he was elected as Nigeria's President...He owne Shonibare Estate but, the man he was using as a front and who later went to priso over some issues which Awolowo himself was privy to eventually laid claim to the estate.

He got all of these wealth due to a great measure of goodwill and tax waivers he gave to investors whenever they come to establish their business...Anytime you buy a bottle of Coca-Cola, you're enriching the Awolowo dynasty.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by EkoIle1: 2:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
Goddex:

Tinubu is a billionaire for real? You know this because you are his accountant , personal banker or you just have access to his bank account?

NL jokers no go kill pesin with laughter I swear...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Tunjman(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
Goddex:

Who says Awolowo wasn't a millionaire during his time? He was stupendously wealthy, infact report had it that there is no company at Oba Akran in Ikeja, Lagos where he does not have at least five percent equity, Dideolu Court in Ogba alone cannot be valued at less than N10 Billion, that was the place he had in mind to be his Seat of Power if he was elected as Nigeria's President...He owne Shonibare Estate but, the man he was using as a front and who later went to priso over some issues which Awolowo himself was privy to eventually laid claim to the estate.

He got all of these wealth due to a great measure of goodwill and tax waivers he gave to investors whenever they come to establish their business...Anytime you buy a bottle of Coca-Cola, you're enriching the Awolowo dynasty.

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Tunjman(m): 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
Goddex:

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by saintneo(m): 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
OAM4J:

okay, I wanted eko-atlantic to see the akpabio residing in him.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by mathskill: 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2013

Give credit to whom it is due.Its either you dont live in lagos or you have never been there.Nobody can claim lagos hasnt impproved in the last ten years first under tinubu and now fashola.Bringing the analogy of amala and ewedu,i should that is all you eat and it has gotten into your head and destroyed your thinking ability.
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by henrysam(m): 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
saintneo: Absolute power corrupts.....fear of losing power corrupts

Tinibu just showed he influenced the LASG election against the will of the people.
Must u be negative to everything. He said he pushed for Fashola not rigging erlection for him unlike Akpabio who removed a candidate's name in senatorial election and heaven did not fall.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by dulphines: 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
I hope he also asked Fashola to TAKE A BOW! #Gov. Akpabio things on my mind#
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2013
Thank you Tinubu Lagosians are grateful to you for giving us Fashola
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
Onlyhandsome: how can i post a job advertisment here in d forum?? Pls help
Contact our 'oga @ the top' Seun or better still use your signature!
Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by byteem: 5:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
In the land of the blind .. the one eyed man is king...the only reason why lagosians tolerate Tinubu and Fashola is because there is no viable alternative .. Funsho Williams who was the only option was assassinated by you know who ..Mr T himself ..but even then, he was Obasanjo's last card for Lagos. So his death paved way for ACN and heralded the death of PDP in Lagos if not the entire south .. the only other option is Jimi Agbaje but he sticks to a party thats not relevant .. if he joined PDP today then maybe we could have race becos Obanikoro is just another chief tout and pawn .. so.. we are back to square one .. Lagosians are tired of ACN really ..ACN is out of ideas .. i dare anyone to name one Lagos project that is not designed to enrich tinubu and fund ACN... from tax.. we all know his company remains the main consultants . to roads , or to tolls .. we know who owns LCC.. or BRT .. or the new owners of LSDPC housing schemes .. or to bogus contracts for drainage rehabilitation, greenries and road adjustments done over and over again .. the state has become Tinubu's business empire .. but what options are available ... So every day they come up with new schemes to legalize fraud .. like the residents registration project .. but at least we can see something ..with PDP it was a complete disaster .. they eat with both hands..messy eaters they were.. So far its between the devil and the deep blue sea.. burn in PDP'S HELL or DROWN IN ACN'S WATERLOO.. ur guess is as good as mine,Lagosians would rather get life jackets and hope they can float in the least.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Has No Regrets Pushing Fashola For Lagos Governorship by dbride: 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
saintneo: Absolute power corrupts.....fear of losing power corrupts

Tinibu just showed he influenced the LASG election against the will of the people.

Haba, is that your interpretation/understanding of that simple straight forward harmless statement? .....against the will of the people If Fashola comes up again, I will still vote for him. I imagine daily what Nigeria would be like if Fashola was the President. Fashola is synonymous with Competence. God bless him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation (OOF) Celebrates Olusegun Obasanjo As He Turns 85 / CBN Counters JP Morgan, Says Estimate Of Nigeria’s Net FX Reserves ‘misleading’ / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Rupiah Banda - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.