Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,817 members, 7,837,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 (383088 Views)

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 / Nigerian Navy DSSC 2014/2015 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2013
desoul2004: With deep pain & total regret i wish to inform my fellow Prospective Officers that my Parent have stopped me from moving ahead with my intention of becoming a Naval Officer, I formally wish to announce the development & Pray for your succeess in Jesus Name, Amen.
Wats their reason?
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2013
desoul2004: With deep pain & total regret i wish to inform my fellow Prospective Officers that my Parent have stopped me from moving ahead with my intention of becoming a Naval Officer, I formally wish to announce the development & Pray for your succeess in Jesus Name, Amen.
Seriously? But how old are you?
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by dmajesticjoe: 11:01am On Jul 21, 2013
DAWOOU: Bros wat happend 2 u na because me dey house d watch film o! because dem no shortlist me
the instruction was dont talk, if u talk, i disqualify u, i almost went permanently dumb. all thesame, i did my best
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by dmajesticjoe: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2013

man u're an adult, u better learn to be a man on your own; to take your decisions and be ready to face the consequences as long as they are right. My parents dont like my military ambition, they dont even know am still pushing ahead but may be the next news they will get is that i've gone 4 training. i will go for my choice not theirs'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by tenderlaw(m): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2013
dmajesticjoe:

man u're an adult, u better learn to be a man on your own; to take your decisions and be ready to face the consequences as long as they are right. My parents dont like my military ambition, they dont even know am still pushing ahead but may be the next news they will get is that i've gone 4 training. i will go for my choice not theirs'
Well, u have said it all. Blaming your parents now is like giving a dog a bad name just to hang it. All of us here are bushy-groined adults. Let him start thinking for himself, or else d next phase will be for his parents to package one village girl as a wife for him, and he will have to comply. SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2013
I'm excited about joining dis Navy, but I cannot help noticing dat dey shortlisted very few females as candidates for the app test. Is the training really dat hard for women? Meanwhile does anybody know more about how dey like to have their women? I heard they are not allowed to wear weavon or attachments only their natural hair. Is dat true?. I know the question is dumb, I'm just excited and I will like to know more pls.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by sandysprax(m): 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
fsb: The exam wasn't too bad although the level of cooperation defeated the purpose of a screening examination in an ideal world. While the general conduct was less than ideal, candidates were treated well except for those who came late that were asked to double up plus no one had to sit on the floor or in the sun.

It's all in God's hands now...

This wasn't the case for those of us that wrote at Mogadishu Cantonment, Abuja. We were asked to sit on the bare ground just a few feet away from poop that candidates were obliviously treading on in a scramble to hear their names that was being read out by two seniors officers (1500 names were being read out as at 9:30/10:00 am).

When the rain started, they carried on calling the names under umbrellas while we were drenched to the point that we couldn't stand it anymore that we all ran for cover. Many of us were eventually shivering while waiting in the exam halls for the exam scripts.

We weren't even allowed to cooperate cos we were well spaced out as they made sure that only 30 candidates wrote in any class.

Anyways, like you said, it's all in God's hands now. smiley
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Chianya: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
Valeree: I'm excited about joining dis Navy, but I cannot help noticing dat dey shortlisted very few females as candidates for the app test. Is the training really dat hard for women? Meanwhile does anybody know more about how dey like to have their women? I heard they are not allowed to wear weavon or attachments only their natural hair. Is dat true?. I know the question is dumb, I'm just excited and I will like to know more pls.

my dear you betta start saying good bye to all that brazillian hair cos first your hair must be shaved (african queen style), when it comes to drilling (excerise) females are no exception, you will do whateva the male does, they will drill and drain you to the last. So my advice is for you to join me in jogging every morning so that when the time comes instead of buying one carton of paracitamol you will only buy one sachet. Success To You All.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by fsb(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
evvyking: 4 an exercise dats meant 2 reduce number of intakes, imagine d coperation dat was allowed. I was highly disapointed. I knw by ds tym next mnth ppl wud av startd gettin txt msgs.. Congrats 2us in advance...

In future, I hope the military can take advantage of the IT infrastructure available at Chams City for example. The place won a Guinness world record as they have about 1,000 computers in the same building. Candidates can go in 8-9 batches of 1000 to take a timed examination with each batch taking 8 different questions but with the same level of difficulty. Lagos Business School uses the centre for such a purpose.

Once you are done with a section or the 60minute count elapses you will be unable to go back to that section. And of course you can begin with any of the 3 sections but unable to switch to another section until one is completed. Results can be obtained immediately with such a system.

Anyway, in government you don't wanna be a smart ass or you end up with unnecessary enemies same with the military.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nonywendy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
dmajesticjoe:

help me tell him oo
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nonywendy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
tenderlaw:
Well, u have said it all. Blaming your parents now is like giving a dog a bad name just to hang it. All of us here are bushy-groined adults. Let him start thinking for himself, or else d next phase will be for his parents to package one village girl as a wife for him, and he will have to comply. SMH
gbam!!!
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nonywendy(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
Valeree: I'm excited about joining dis Navy, but I cannot help noticing dat dey shortlisted very few females as candidates for the app test. Is the training really dat hard for women? Meanwhile does anybody know more about how dey like to have their women? I heard they are not allowed to wear weavon or attachments only their natural hair. Is dat true?. I know the question is dumb, I'm just excited and I will like to know more pls.
u hv to b brave. Yes dey dont allow weavon, attachment, brazzillian hair etc. Jst ur natural hair
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
Seriously, u guys mean the gals have to shave off their hair from their head completely or they only wear it naturally.. These are two different things oh. please clear me. Cos I don't think I can do without my hair. This is going to be a big decision for me wen it comes to dat. Hian!
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by DAWOOU(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
My sister like d rightly sed, weavon is not allowed but as for d training there is nothing there dey do consider females just do wat u can do d will only threating u but wont kill u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by oluamid(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
heed101: Expo 2 96-100.
Acronyms
Mnemonic
Opaque
Legend
Legible. Source T.stone
grin

I can't remember the exact question but I doubt if "legend" is the answer of question 99.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by oluamid(m): 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
emmanuel4fire:
Not legend say indomitable, insurmountable.

Legible is ok say conspicuous, obvious, transparent

Now I remember, the answer to question 99 which talks about someone that can't be defeated is "Invincible".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by chizyju(f): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
u are right my broda I also wrote in Abuja e no easy for dat side but God dey sha
sandysprax:

This wasn't the case for those of us that wrote at Mogadishu Cantonment, Abuja. We were asked to sit on the bare ground just a few feet away from poop that candidates were obliviously treading on in a scramble to hear their names that was being read out by two seniors officers (1500 names were being read out as at 9:30/10:00 am).

When the rain started, they carried on calling the names under umbrellas while we were drenched to the point that we couldn't stand it anymore that we all ran for cover. Many of us were eventually shivering while waiting in the exam halls for the exam scripts.

We weren't even allowed to cooperate cos we were well spaced out as they made sure that only 30 candidates wrote in any class.

Anyways, like you said, it's all in God's hands now. smiley
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by SailorXY: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
What do u need attachments for? Women sef eh cheesy
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by emmanuel4fire: 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
oluamid:

I can't remember the exact question but I doubt if "legend" is the answer of question 99.
The question was another word for someone that cannot be defeated and he said legend instead of indomitable or insurmountable.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by fsb(m): 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
Valeree: Seriously, u guys mean the gals have to shave off their hair from their head completely or they only wear it naturally.. These are two different things oh. please clear me. Cos I don't think I can do without my hair. This is going to be a big decision for me wen it comes to dat. Hian!

To clear your doubt, go to the official NDA website and go to the videos page and watch the video titled 'the making of an officer', and somewhere in that video you would see ladies with shaved heads (the type your mum forced the Barber give your brother in primary school)...

It's a must my dear, no waivers....
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by desoul2004(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nonywendy: gbam!!!
tnx 4 ur Advice, but the case is not as simple as the way u're seing it, to be frank i cannot go further otherwise they'll die b4 i even finish d training.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by desoul2004(m): 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
tenderlaw:
Tnx 4 ur Advice, but the case is not as simple as the way u're seing it, to be frank i cannot go further otherwise they'll die b4 i even finish d training
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by penzino(m): 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
desoul2004: Tnx 4 ur Advice, but the case is not as simple as the way u're seing it, to be frank i cannot go further otherwise they'll die b4 i even finish d training
Bro, av watched ur post closely, see to be frank, I dnt advice u to go further, I know God is with us, but at the same time, the bible says honor ur father and ur mother so dat ur days may be long, dts not all, whatevr u want to do and u dnt have the blessings of ur parents, pls I beg u dnt do it. There's is no frustration like the one u will face without God and ur parents blessings if u go where u are not supposed to go.. Pls pray for guidiance. We will all get to our destinations IJN.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by mcfrank88: 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
Madam nice qstn. To start wif if u make d final list, arriving in KD all girls will shine dia hair (kodo). Uld be allowed to bard evey wkend for dat 9months. Wen commissioned u can carry anyfyn on ur hair, weavon, attachments, brazilian, cotnou hair, but u can't dye ur hair as a millitary officer and u must alwz park it while on uniform, not below ur ears. Mean'n ur hair has to alwz be parked above ur ear. Success. NN is tru wif marking alrd, all those dat scored below 200 where seperated and dia files including qstns nd answers were burnt. 200 and above has bin taking NN HQ for further screening, dats wia d Oga's @d top comes in. We shuld all kip pray'n dat our files will nt be switched for 1mugu's file dat has been burnt for scoring 80\300. Peace be wif us all. (My post is from a NN exams offr) U can all also contact ur sources to confirm my info.
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nonywendy(m): 11:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
desoul2004: tnx 4 ur Advice, but the case is not as simple as the way u're seing it, to be frank i cannot go further otherwise they'll die b4 i even finish d training.
die kwa? E neva reach like dat. I no wan cum burial abeg
Re: Nigerian Navy (DSSC) 2013/2014 by Nonywendy(m): 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
mcfrank88:
Madam nice qstn. To start wif if u make d final list, arriving in KD all girls will shine dia hair (kodo). Uld be allowed to bard evey wkend for dat 9months. Wen commissioned u can carry anyfyn on ur hair, weavon, attachments, brazilian, cotnou hair, but u can't dye ur hair as a millitary officer and u must alwz park it while on uniform, not below ur ears. Mean'n ur hair has to alwz be parked above ur ear. Success. NN is tru wif marking alrd, all those dat scored below 200 where seperated and dia files including qstns nd answers were burnt. 200 and above has bin taking NN HQ for further screening, dats wia d Oga's @d top comes in. We shuld all kip pray'n dat our files will nt be switched for 1mugu's file dat has been burnt for scoring 80\300. Peace be wif us all. (My post is from a NN exams offr) U can all also contact ur sources to confirm my info.
source?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (145) (Reply)

2017 KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment Thread / Federal Fire Service 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / UAC Management Trainee 2014 Applicants Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.