Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing (1335 Views)

The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by LagosShia: 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
Heba Abolaban, Muslim Woman, Says She Was Attacked Over Boston Bombings (PHOTO)

The Huffington Post | By Hunter Stuart Posted: 04/18/2013 7:46 pm EDT

Heba Abolaban said she was attacked by a man who shouted Muslims were behind the Boston Marathon bombings. This photo shows Abolaban with her husband, Ahmad Almujahed, and their infant daughter. (Courtesy of Malden Patch)

A Muslim woman wearing a hijab said she was attacked in the Boston area by a man who shouted that Muslims had perpetrated the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded about 170 Monday.

Heba Abolaban, a Palestinian doctor who immigrated to the United States from Syria, says she was punched in the shoulder in Malden, Mass., on Wednesday by a man who shouted "F*** you Muslims!" and "You are involved in the Boston explosions," according to the Malden Patch.

The man, described as a white male in his 30s, allegedly shouted at Abolaban for about two minutes before continuing on his way, Patch reports.

Police Chief Kevin Molis told the Boston Globe the department was looking for the suspect.

“No investigative strategy will be overlooked in order to determine who’s responsible for this,” Molis said. “This is something that as a city and as a police department we take seriously.”

Immediately after the bombs went off on Monday, police questioned a Saudi Arabian man who had burns on his hands, CBS News reported. The man's apartment, located in Revere, Mass., was searched by investigators, but he was later cleared.

While some conservative commentators, such as radio host Glenn Beck, have speculated that Middle Easterners were behind Monday's attacks, the nationalities of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects were still unknown as of Thursday afternoon. The FBI released photos of two suspects on Thursday and enlisted the public's help in tracking them down. No arrests had been made as this article was published.

Visit Malden Patch and the Boston Globe for more information on the story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/heba-abolaban-muslim-woman-attacked-boston_n_3112065.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by LagosShia: 10:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by Heatblast(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2013
Muslims had perpetrated the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded about 170 Monday.

Was the man wrong :-/
95%-99% of the time we hear bomb blast, we all know that islam is the motive

by a man
How does this indicate that he's a christian Or did you just assume?
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by vedaxcool(m): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2013
^
The man is atheist, happy now? Olodo no show of remourse for the poor man beaten up for crime he did not commit, such behavior is expected from followers of Sam Harris!
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by Heatblast(m): 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2013
^^^
Oh... He didn't commit any crime, yet he was running away from police, and throwing pipe bombs at them... If you didn't commit a crime, would you run and hide? Ode

Who said the man was atheist Was it written on his forehead?
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by vedaxcool(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
^

I am doubting the stability of your mind, a woman was attacked for a crime she did not commit, yet what was your response? Sam Harris is teaching you well I see, oh did you read the op with your eyes closed? And I repeat, the man is atheist, are you happy now? Please get out of here if you have no meaningful statement to make!

LagosShia: Heba Abolaban, Muslim Woman, Says She Was Attacked Over Boston Bombings (PHOTO)

The Huffington Post | By Hunter Stuart Posted: 04/18/2013 7:46 pm EDT

A Muslim woman wearing a hijab said she was attacked in the Boston area by a man who shouted that Muslims had perpetrated the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded about 170 Monday.

Heba Abolaban, a Palestinian doctor who immigrated to the United States from Syria, says she was punched in the shoulder in Malden, Mass., on Wednesday by a man who shouted "F*** you Muslims!" and "You are involved in the Boston explosions," according to the Malden Patch.

The man, described as a white male in his 30s, allegedly shouted at Abolaban for about two minutes before continuing on his way, Patch reports.

Police Chief Kevin Molis told the Boston Globe the department was looking for the suspect.

Visit Malden Patch and the Boston Globe for more information on the story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/heba-abolaban-muslim-woman-attacked-boston_n_3112065.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by Heatblast(m): 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
^^^
Oh..shut up.
1)Yes I agree the man was wrong in nudging and cursing her, but he was nowhere wrong in his prediction and that is what I stated.
2) You are actually the blind one, cause you didn't read the title of the topic
"Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing"
Where in the op did the man mention that he is christian or atheist?
Why not:"Islamophobia: Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing"

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by vedaxcool(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
^
At least you have finally used your brain in making a sensible point, let me show why the point you make seems mute; someone was attacked which apparently is the important point being made, rather than make the subject matter of the post the attack you begin talking about the topic, which could have simply been a secondary point than the primary concern of the thread and hear is what you boss (who I regard as not being smart):

Logicboy03:

grin grin grin

Why? Isnt it clear by now? You are judged by your belief not the content of your post.

he made the above statement in response to this;

alfaman2:

You may be surprised what a little explanation may achieve sometimes.

You should have given the reason for closing it but I think the better option would have been to modify the title and let the thread be. But the way you put it, it looked like you had a problem with the topic instead of the title.

Hehe! I'm not leaving. You have to cast me out. grin grin grin

hence the first sign of intelligence something I told logicboy is being able to know what is important from what isn't, this first you failed woefully! and still shamelessly parade as being reasonable! lagosshia was wrong in titling his thread the way he did, but focusing on a title rather than content simply showed the level of your capacity in weighing what is important from what isn't
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by Heatblast(m): 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
On the contrary young man, a title is as important as it's contents

From your rants and assumptions, I can deduce you are nowhere smart.

1)what makes you think that I am a follower of sam harris or whatever his name is?
2)Who told you I didn't get the contents of the topic at first.
3)What has a conversation between logicboy and Alfaman got to do with anything here? Did anyone tie us together?

There are two primary messages the title was trying to convey;
1)Islamaphobia
2)Silly christians carrying out the act

I can decide to comment on whatsoever I want(irrespevtive of its priority), so long as it's not off topic and not off contents
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by vedaxcool(m): 9:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
Yawns!!! attention seeker!!!

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by Heatblast(m): 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2013
You should sleep, you need it undecided

1 Like

Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by deSika(m): 2:40am On Apr 21, 2013
knocking......can i come in.
i happen to be looking for one Vedaxcool who ran away from my comforter thread. oh here u are. Mr Ved. how has ur day bin. hope nobody is givin u troble.

u just rann away from our discus.. not fair.
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by LagosShia: 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
Published On: Wed, Apr 24th, 2013

Headlines / USA | By AIM News

Islamophobe Ann Coulter says Boston suspect’s widow ‘ought to be in prison for wearing a hijab’

Appearing on Fox News Republican talk show “Hannity” Monday night, right-wing columnist Ann Coulter said she’s sad that not only does she think the Boston bombing should shut down the nation’s immigration reform debate, she would like to see the alleged bomber’s widow in jail too, not for committing a crime but for “wearing a hijab.”

“I don’t care if she knew about this,” Coulter said. “She ought to be in prison for wearing a hijab. This immigration policy of us, you know, assimilating immigrants into our culture isn’t really working. They’re assimilating us into their culture. Did she get a clitorectomy too?”

Hannity seemed momentarily puzzled at the sudden citation of female genital mutilation, stammering his reply. “I, uh, I don’t know the answer to that,” he said before confidently adding: “But your point is well taken.”

Hannity went on to say that he believes people who immigrated “from countries where perhaps they grew up under Sharia law” are definitely a threat and “I think we can make a safe assumption that they have been radicalized.” He added that even foreign students should be subjected to greater scrutiny, lest they too pose a threat.

coulterhannityimmigrants-screen

“Our immigration policy has nothing to do with helping America,” Coulter insisted. “It has to do with solving the internal problems of other countries. We’ll take Russia’s radicals. We’ll take the illiterate, unskilled, low-skill workers from all these countries. We’ll take their old people and put them on our supplemental security and Medicare. No, immigration policies are supposed to make your country better, not to make it worse and to create all these problems.”

“Lindsey Graham was on some show this week saying this shows we need better tracking,” she continued. “I’m thinking this means we need better immigrants.”

Coulter and Hannity are just the latest conservatives to jump on the idea that because the Boston bombing suspects were born overseas, the nation’s whole immigration reform debate must shift gears into more regressive policy proposals, or just shut down in Congress altogether, as it did on Monday.

Fellow Republican talker Laura Ingraham said as much on Monday afternoon, suggesting that the U.S. shut down all immigration from majority Muslim nations. “I would submit that people shouldn’t be coming here as tourists from Chechnya after 9/11,” she said. “Dagistan, Checnya, Kergystan, uh-uh. As George Bush would say, ‘None of them stans.’”

Both Boston bombing suspects came to the U.S. legally as children. Authorities say there is not yet any evidence linking them to any foreign terrorist organizations, but an investigation is still ongoing.

Additionally, the Partnership for a New American Economy said last year that about one in 10 Americans worked for an immigrant-owned business in 2012, which contributed more than $775 billion to the U.S. economy and over $125 billion in payroll.

This video is from Fox News’s “Hannity,” aired Monday, April 22, 2013.

Source: The Raw Story

http://www.aimislam.com/boston-suspects-widow-ought-to-be-in-prison-for-wearing-a-hijab/
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by LagosShia: 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2013

This Is What It's Like to Be a Muslim in Boston Right Now

http://gawker.com/this-is-what-its-like-to-be-a-muslim-in-boston-right-n-478104110
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by vedaxcool(m): 9:25am On Apr 26, 2013
deSika: knocking......can i come in.
i happen to be looking for one Vedaxcool who ran away from my comforter thread. oh here u are. Mr Ved. how has ur day bin. hope nobody is givin u troble.

u just rann away from our discus.. not fair.

I labeled you a liar, and it stands! I am not wasting my time on you . . .
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by deSika(m): 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
vedaxcool:

I labeled you a liar, and it stands! I am not wasting my time on you . . .
u humour me bro.
can u atleast point out one lie from all i have been saying.
u invent a cheap lie to ignore the truth. its too hot for u to handle. u wud rather swim in false claims.

#anyways am glad to have shown u truth. its left for u stop swimming in falsehood. cheers
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by vedaxcool(m): 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
Lol grin dude you are free to claim victory and showing, what is a liar with out any lie? The thread is there after all for all to see! it is very apparent that u lie with a straight face claiming someone agreed with you when no such agreement occur is the height of evangelism by lies, something shown in the thread of hoaxes and fabrication that christians do to promote their religion, lying for God is a great shame indeed! Why don't you people let God promote his path abi grin grin
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by deSika(m): 5:47am On Apr 29, 2013
vedaxcool: Lol grin dude you are free to claim victory and showing, what is a liar with out any lie? The thread is there after all for all to see! it is very apparent that u lie with a straight face claiming someone agreed with you when no such agreement occur is the height of evangelism by lies, something shown in the thread of hoaxes and fabrication that christians do to promote their religion, lying for God is a great shame indeed! Why don't you people let God promote his path abi grin grin
guess wat. u are also free to come out from falsehood as has been shown to u..
i reealy need u to point to me where i lied. i need it for feedback purposes.

am also wondering why Thaba did not contribute in that thread. the thing pass the guy.. he did not know where to start from..

u know this is one quote i like from ur muslim traditions.. it says truth has come falsehood has fled.

¤#~deSika......presenting truth in a common sense way to you
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by vedaxcool(m): 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
deSika:
guess wat. u are also free to come out from falsehood as has been shown to u..
i reealy need u to point to me where i lied. i need it for feedback purposes.

am also wondering why Thaba did not contribute in that thread. the thing pass the guy.. he did not know where to start from..

u know this is one quote i like from ur muslim traditions.. it says truth has come falsehood has fled.

¤#~deSika......presenting truth in a common sense way to you

Satan get at my back grin grin grin grin grin grin christianity and common sense are like light and dark cheesy
Re: Islamophobia,Silly And 'Peaceful' Christians:Doctor Attacked Over Boston Bombing by deSika(m): 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
vedaxcool:

Satan get at my back grin grin grin grin grin grin christianity and common sense are like light and dark cheesy
yu amuse me.

£¢¤~ this is wat i love doing Exposing lies. from a common sense perspective

by the way did see this thread
www.nairaland.com/1253856/quran-complete-should-not-added

(1) (Reply)

RAMADAN: Send Best Wishes And Words Of Encouragement. / Imam Says U.s. Initiative Can Resolve Middle East Tensions / Dubai Releases 1,000-kg Book On Prophet Mohammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.