Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. (12507 Views)

How Many Christians Follow Jesus' Rule Of 'Turn The Other Cheek?' / Turn The Other Cheek- What Does It Mean? / Turning The Other Cheek (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2013
Am not asking for fun but to know. The bible teaches that If someone slaps you in one side of your cheek, you should turn the other side. After a sermon in my campus fellowship, a guy wanted to tempt me. As I was standing in front of my fellowship members, a guy just ran close to me, slapped me and stated running away. I ran after him, (I was bigger and faster) caught him and pounced on him in front of my fellowship members, some fellowship members were not happy with my action, they said I was not in the spirit. I know I should have let it go, as a christian. So here is my question; if someone hit you do you turn the other side and walk away or are you a little bit like me (am trying to change o) please share your experience too
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by eugeniks(m): 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
na GOD big pass dem
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by AdeniyiA(m): 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
it's 'cheek' , not 'chick'.
well as for me i'll 'chicken out '

3 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by okeyxyz(m): 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
Vilicious:
A some guys wanted to temp me. So as I was standing in front my campus fellowship members, a guy just ran close to me slapped me and stated running away. I ran after him ( i was bigger and faster) caught him and pounced on him in front of my fellowship members. I know I should have let it go, as a christian.

Just ask your question and wait for an answer. There's no need to make up st.upid stories to "back it up". The last time I fell for this same story was when i was twelve years old. Are you twelve or about? that you think people would believe this??

8 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
Segeggs: you are even becoming dumber! I was only talking in OP's context.

what do you mean OPs context? why are you talking about OPs context when replying to me? you should talk about my context.

anyways what should the op have done? according to christianity, shouldnt he hav run after the slapper and begged him to slap his other cheek?

ijawkid:

Why would you want to slap him in the first place??......you must be high on your juju shekpe to just slap someone impulsively....

Just pray to your gods say the pastor no be Oyedepo.......grin

I would just go up to him and slap him "for spreading lies and false tales" to the masses. and looting them from their hard-earned money.

3 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by tobechi74: 6:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
Do me i do you
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by ballol(m): 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
For where? i go slap am back n even mor.
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by ninja4life(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
Wen i no dey craze won ma gbe owo mi fun alagbafo as some will say
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by FromGuiriga(m): 1:35am On Apr 21, 2013
Does your religion allow you to slap anyone for no cause at all? Will you agree that any religion or a way of life that teaches a man to slap another for no reason is a religion or way of life of violence?

You are right, the pastor has no right to retaliate. But if you slap another man for no reason, you have committed a grave offense against the man and yourself. The Highest is justice.

If the Christ has said to turn the other cheek, have you thought why?
Let's examine: From the moment I raise my hand against another man without cause I have committed an injustice against that man. Now, let's say you and I adhere to that teaching (that we should not commit injustices against each other, nor slap each other) then no reason for any of us to slap each other. We both have to guard against committing an injustice against each other, so there is no reason created.

I'm curious to your thoughts on this reasoning. Is this the reasoning of a donkey?

Give thanks!

14 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by spywareczar(m): 10:55am On Apr 21, 2013
I'll snatch his soul ãήϑ take it 4 a ride grin
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by alphaconde(m): 10:58am On Apr 21, 2013
I won't even allow u slap me on the first cheek. Real christians don't go about slapping pple or receiving slaps

2 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by RedLight1: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2013
well if the person that slapped me is dwayne johnson or yokosuna .. i will simply turn d other cheeck and thank him grin ..anyone else will receive beating of his miserable life grin

1 Like

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by clemz85(m): 11:04am On Apr 21, 2013
maka why...

return d slap at instant
then say sorry

but always 4gv shaa dependn oo.

2 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by tinuolababy(f): 11:07am On Apr 21, 2013
Turn Tђξ other cheek ke? I will give him/her A̶̲̥̅ very hot slap
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by AyoShonubi(m): 11:08am On Apr 21, 2013
It depends on d weight of the slap o. If frustrated soldier or SSS officer slap you, you no go get strength to turn ur head sef wen stars begin float 4 ur eye. On a serious note, If you read ur Bible well, u'll knw dat Jesus speaks more in parables. It simple means if someone tries to frustrate u, dont fight back. Na dem go tire last last. 2 wrongs neva make a right. Besides wen a sandpaper rubs a wood, d wood neva runs away. in d end d wood becomes more beautiful and d sandpaper becomes worthless

16 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by adewasco2k(m): 11:09am On Apr 21, 2013
you say?

turn the other cheek? shocked i so wish!
but sorry i am allergic to slaps....me slapping back is just a reflex action, i just cant help it

2 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 21, 2013
If you slap me,I wil reply u with two heavy slap no time o. But if u r somebody like myke tyson,I wl activate ulsin bolt speedometer tins

1 Like

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by brownlord: 11:11am On Apr 21, 2013
@ Op with this english, i hope your fellowship / campus is not a degree awarding institution / highier school of learning?

@topic, i will suggest u slap a muslim/aboki then come tell me the outcome, idiot
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by ChikezieU(m): 11:13am On Apr 21, 2013
nah i will punch and tweak or look for well sized plank
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by ALEXIS0240: 11:13am On Apr 21, 2013
I dey crace...abi you want make e kill me with slap..?
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Itoroetti(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2013
@op ,I don't know if u are trying to make mockery of christianity or not.but let me assume u are not making mockery.
What Our Lord Jesus Christ meant was the spirit of forgiveness.imagine that as humans,we have the ability to forgive when we are being hurt,don't u think that the world would have bin a better place?don't u think that husbands would not have bin beating and maltreating their wives?don't u think that people won't be killing others if there is a little atom of forgiveness in them?don't u think u will sleep without locking ur door,knowing fully well that u are safe?Jesus made a statement and I guess,we ought to look into the significance of the statement and that of his life.
@pagan; becareful of what u say and do.at times u may say certain thinks to catch funs or to attract "likes" from fellow nairalanders.but becareful,cos if God visits u positively or negatively,it always end with different stories.

18 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by engrjamiu(m): 11:16am On Apr 21, 2013
If mopol or soldier slap,u no go remember to turn d seconds cheeks.
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by enobong18: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2013
I would do as Jesus said we should do!
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by genxris: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2013
Yes the bible says and I quote, "but I say unto you,That ye resist not an evil person :but whosoever shall slaps you on your right cheek,turn the other to him also".
Turn d other and do what? Gather enough strength and slap back,the verse says do not resist evil as a evil person. You should not allow your enemy to live to attack u again.
So the bible didn't say u turn the other cheek to receive more slaps
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by searay(m): 11:19am On Apr 21, 2013
After turning the other Cheek, did Jesus said any other thing? No. Trust me after dealing with you, you've never slap anybody again.
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by DeepSight(m): 11:22am On Apr 21, 2013
Jesus' teaching in this regard is very misguided and wrong indeed. It is in fact a very dangerous pacifist ideology which would lead the world into anarchy and impunity if adhered to. If people believe that when they hurt other people, the victims would "turn the other cheek" then such people would lose any sense of consequences/ retaliation and continue to act with impunity. There would be no sense of deterrence.

If someone slaps you, the correct thing to do is to slap him right back with overwhelming force and ten times over for that matter. That way, he would immediately learn his lesson and would not attempt such again. In fact, in so doing, you would have made him a better person through discipline and learning the consequences of his actions. You would have taught him that every action begets a reaction and made him wise to the laws of Karma and Nemesis. You have in fact done him a favour

Spare the rod and spoil the child, is another way of saying it: from same scripture, no?

I was watching the series "Merlin" and I saw an episode in which there was a band of robbers who attacked a village every year and seized their ENTIRE harvest, killing anyone who dared to keep back even a morsel to eat and survive. When Arthur arrived on the scene he taught the villagers to FIGHT BACK and protect their harvest, killing the robbers if necessary. This is the CORRECT teaching, and falls in sync with the laws of nature: i.e - survival of the fittest. Maybe Saint Jesus would have taught otherwise? Arrant nonsense.

Weakness is a sin.

2 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by BrokenTV: 11:23am On Apr 21, 2013
@op what Jesus means by that is do not pay evil with evil. It is a parable shikena.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Private Jet Is A Necessity And Not A Luxury - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor / Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye / RCCG Launches Clean The Waste by RCCG Sanitation Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.