Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith (818 Views)

Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by DrummaBoy(m): 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
I visited a website www.acts1711daily.com and did not find it difficult to understand the ideology of the owner as he had a statement of faith clearly stated there.
Why do churches these days, particularly Pentecostal ones, do not deem it fit to publish their statement of faith. This would have made me avoid the mistake of joining a wrong church some years ago. And if indeed I do join, knowing the statement of faith would have helped me know my boundaries.
Or is a statement of faith not important?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by tobechi74: 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
Pentecoastal have nothing to publish.ther faith is dynamic and changes easily. Depending on the general overseer
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by DrummaBoy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
Tobe
Your statement offers little light to the issue
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by okeyxyz(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2013
A statement of faith would be a great idea to declare a "first encounter" idea of what a person's or congregations principal values are. That way you go in knowing what specifically you are venturing into and specific questions you need answers to. We should adopt same here on NL. Nice topic.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by okeyxyz(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2013
So this is my personal statement of faith:

The true gospel of Jesus has liberated us from all definitions and Values of the Law(The Ten commandments and it's derivatives). Most Importantly: Sex without marriage is not a sin, It is not immoral. In fact This is the true expression of God's love, This is the "Perfect Law Of Liberty". As marriage(As we know it) is the stronghold of the law and human morals, It cannot be the same as god's standards.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by DrummaBoy(m): 10:29am On Apr 21, 2013
It seem the Pentecostal churches with their dependence on progressive revelation or leading of Spirit, despise this. But what they are doing is actually denying the inerrancy of scripture and making their people susceptible to every wind of doctrine.
@ Okey, your position is debatable at best and controversial at worst. I want to assume U do not mean it
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by okeyxyz(m): 10:37am On Apr 21, 2013
DrummaBoy:
@Okey, your position is debatable at best and controversial at worst. I want to assume U do not mean it

Precisely debatable and controversial; If you understand the gospel, then you'd know that it's not meant to be at peace with worldly(secular & religious) moral standards.

but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness(1 Corinthians 1:23 )

So when you see yourself defining righteousness according to how the world defines them, then know that something is amiss.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by PastorKun(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
DrummaBoy: I visited a website www.acts1711daily.com and did not find it difficult to understand the ideology of the owner as he had a statement of faith clearly stated there.
Why do churches these days, particularly Pentecostal ones, do not deem it fit to publish their statement of faith. This would have made me avoid the mistake of joining a wrong church some years ago. And if indeed I do join, knowing the statement of faith would have helped me know my boundaries.
Or is a statement of faith not important?

Good to know you appreciate our website; remain blessed in christ. smiley
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by mollie12: 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2013
okeyxyz:

Precisely debatable and controversial; If you understand the gospel, then you'd know that it's not meant to be at peace with worldly(secular & religious) moral standards.

but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness(1 Corinthians 1:23 )

So when you see yourself defining righteousness according to how the world defines them, then know that something is amiss.

I don't see the crucifixion of Christ in your first comment. Please people let's get out of the habit of twisting scripture to fulfil our lustful desires. Its a very dangerous habit. Study the bible thoroughly - you'll be able to get out a proper statement of faith. That you are alternative or non-conformist does not mean you are right.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by 0keyxyz(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2013
mollie12:

I don't see the crucifixion of Christ in your first comment. Please people let's get out of the habit of twisting scripture to fulfil our lustful desires. Its a very dangerous habit. Study the bible thoroughly - you'll be able to get out a proper statement of faith. That you are alternative or non-conformist does not mean you are right.

"Christ crucified" means: The Law crucified/abolished.

"To the Jews a stumbling block" means: Christians of the Law(The Jews) will be offended(call it sinful) by this new gospel
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by mollie12: 5:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
0keyxyz:

"Christ crucified" means: The Law crucified/abolished.

"To the Jews a stumbling block" means: Christians of the Law(The Jews) will be offended(call it sinful) by this new gospel

When exactly did Jesus Christ become equal to the Law?
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by 0keyxyz(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
mollie12:
When exactly did Jesus Christ become equal to the Law?

This is the foundation of christianity. Jesus became the personification of the Law(Matthew 5:17 ), therefore his crucifixion became the crucifixion(and therefore abolishment) of The Law. So the Law being dead to us or we dead to it, we no longer base our morality on it but declare and exercise our liberty from it's values and standards.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by DrummaBoy(m): 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
^I agree Okeyz although you and her have derailed my thread

@Ollie, it shows you don't know so lets inform U. A statement of faith is a summary of beliefs. Yes the bible is the basis but so many people using the bible have differing beliefs.
If I enter an assembly and their statement faith denies Christ lordship, I can quickly run. Also, it provides a basis for association. Presently I am @ loggers head with my church bc a lack of such statement has led to clash of beliefs.
No one can enter and say something contrary in a place d statement is well enunciated.
But d reason for a lack of statement is the same as U have just expressed. But it will lead to clashes except people don take their beliefs serious enough
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by mollie12: 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
Sorry for derailing the thread @OP.

@Okeyxyz Matthew 5:17 does not mean what you are attributing to it oh. My candid advice - get into a good Bible Study class, or get some good theological study tools (many are available online) to help you interprete the Bible, so that you don't fall into error.
Re: Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith by mollie12: 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Okeyxyz some quick scripture you might want to look at:

Romans 6:1, Galatians 5:13

What your statement of faith reveals is the doctrine of license ("Jesus paid it all so we can do what we want!" ). It is what people who are trying to run away from the doctrine of legalism ("Your salvation is not complete unless you do this!" ) go to, but both doctrines are unbalanced and are in error. The true doctrine, the true law of Christ is the law of liberty ("Jesus set us free so that we can live for Him" ) .

(1) (Reply)

I Can Manage Without The Holy Spirit / Is There A Contradiction Between God’s Love And Wrath? / Where Does Your Soul Go Once You Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.