Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? (31990 Views)

Nigeria’s Leading Ladies Genevieve Nnaji & Omotola Jalade Rock The Cape Trend / Sexiest Leading Ladies Of Nollywood / Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by tinuolababy(f): 10:15am On Apr 23, 2013
Sandra Achums and Liz Benson
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 23, 2013
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Orikinla(m): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2013
2.SUZAN PATRICK.
And she is coming back to Nollywood big time soon.
Just watch out.
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2013
Pls what of this lady "NNEKA the pretty serpent", i dont know her real name...
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by sholay2011(m): 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hello! Why is everyone calling Regina askia a good actress? She was a great beauty to behold but not a good actress. Her acting has a way of looking quite fake. Even Susan patrick is very better.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
I missed all of them.
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Creamish(f): 1:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dunno y i dont enjoy naija movies sha . . but . . based on the ones iv seen, Liz Benson and Eucharia Anunobi are the best.
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by pure123: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
I MISS MY DAD
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
u better dont miss liz benson, she's now a pastor and cant dabble into theatre job again
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by nairalforlaughs: 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
Franca brown
Barbara Soky
Hilda Dokubo
Gloria Anozie
Ego Boyo
Dolly Unachukwu
Ann Njemanze

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
I miss Sandra Achums, Ego Boyo, Susan Patrick, Steph Nora-Okere and Franca Brown the most.
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
kayci_d77: Pls what of this lady "NNEKA the pretty serpent", i dont know her real name...
Ndidi Obi
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by bolant2002(m): 5:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
What about Dolly Unachukwu and Ann Njemanze (Segun Arinze's ex wife)
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by bolant2002(m): 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
These ladies acted real and not the over acting we see now a days especially Tonto Dike
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by missinU247: 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
sandra achum, stephnora okere, suzan patrick, shan george.
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by sholay2011(m): 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2013
bolant2002: These ladies acted real and not the over acting we see now a days especially Tonto Dike
Let's be sincere, we have better actors (and maybe worse ones too) these days. Ranging from Nse Ikpe Etim, Bimbo Akintola, Genny to Jackie Appiah, Mercy Johnson, Funlola Aofiyebi etc.

The problem of nowadays is the lack of modesty amongst many actresses who can't make decent role models.

It's either they wear rags to red carpet flashing gold teeth in front of cameras or they are getting married to a man who has a wife and 2 children abroad. Husband snatching is a major skill; catfight is their hobby.

In the name of civilisation, they imbibe more of the negative side of hollywood than the positive.
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by james3xp(m): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2013
stephnora okereke for me
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Akuviv: 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
Liz Benson, Ego Boyo, Dolly Unachukwu, Sola Sobowale, Ann Njemanze, Uche Osotule, eucharia,
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Airforce1(m): 2:18am On Dec 10, 2013
Akuviv: Liz Benson, Ego Boyo, Dolly Unachukwu, Sola Sobowale, Ann Njemanze, Uche Osotule, eucharia,

Legendary smiley
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by sholay2011(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Airforce1:

Legendary smiley
So, you can even give a positive comment in your NL existence. ..what a gud way to end the year.
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Airforce1(m): 11:48am On Dec 10, 2013
sholay2011:
So, you can even give a positive comment in your NL existence. ..what a gud way to end the year.

Stop talking like u know me.

Thanks!!
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by sholay2011(m): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2013
Airforce1:

Stop talking like u know me.

Thanks!!
Se o gbadun sha? I didn't claim to know you...though i know your moniker goes hand-in-hand with caustic comments.
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by Airforce1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
sholay2011:
Se o gbadun sha? I didn't claim to know you...though i know your moniker goes hand-in-hand with caustic comments.

You've made your opinion known aight..
Could u please take a long walk out of here..
Thanks!
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by sholay2011(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Airforce1:

You've made your opinion known aight..
Could u please take a long walk out of here..
Thanks!
You are welcome. grin
Re: Nollywood Leading Ladies- Which Do You Miss Most? by electrokristron(m): 1:40am On Nov 21, 2014
Onome 1 & 2 (also known as Another Love)

This is certainly one of the best movies Nollywood has ever produced!

Film Data:
Nigeria, Year 1996/1997, 94 Minutes,
Director: Chico Ejiro
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Production: Consolidated Fortunes LTD, and Opa Williams
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
The viewer is called to cautiousness even before the opening credits are over.
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Request to members of the public:
If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.
I don't mind paying for the download or for your services.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ernest Opoku & Gladys Mensah Boaku In Abortion Scandal / Daddy Showkey Shares Video In Underpants, Fans Go Gaga, Say He Has Big Joystick / Unbothered Jim Iyke Continues With His Swag After Court Ordered Him To Pay N15m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.