Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? (133073 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by delion20: 12:39am On Apr 22, 2013
abdulkayus: Hey dude, ur list is trash. D only develop states i will say are Lagos, Abuja and den maybe Kano.
All d Anambra, Akwa ibom, oyo, delta and Edo are still glorified town. Which malls dey Anambra. Anambra is overhyped abeg.
U̶̲̥̅̊ be fool! U̶̲̥̅̊ never hear of japan of Africa called Nnewi ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ anambra to mention but a few,iti akwu!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 22, 2013
Rossikk: The bobo don run.

Run from you? angry angry

I just can't be ar.sed with you, anymore - you're a cat-50 political jobbing MO.RON!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 1:02am On Apr 22, 2013
^^ Why can't you answer the simple question I asked?

Where are you from, dude? undecided
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 22, 2013
^^^Why do you care about where I'm from? I'm from the mixture of my pops' spermatozoa and my mum's ovum - lived inside my mum for 9 months before coming out as a black African... Are you happy now, Mr. Pseudo-Afrocentrist? undecided undecided
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by nnekaela(f): 2:06am On Apr 22, 2013
cnnamoko: when i say developed states, i mean states that have good roads, good malls, best infrastructures and wider coverage outside their capital cities
All that u mentioned, can't find it in Anambra state.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by EGO3(m): 3:31am On Apr 22, 2013
GeneralJ:

Just because Rivers state has the most gov't invesment doesn't mean anything, I still put lagos as first, because Lagos has the most urban areas, the largest skyscrapers and actually it has the most non-federal Gov't investment, just incase you want to add investment as part of the criteria..Lagos will be really close to being equal in terms of development with the whole of Nigeria if it was its own country.

What do you call SKYSCRAPERS?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by CyberG: 3:37am On Apr 22, 2013
hypeman: ^^^Why do you care about where I'm from? I'm from the mixture of my pops' spermatozoa and my mum's ovum - lived inside my mum for 9 months before coming out as a black African... Are you happy now, Mr. Pseudo-Afrocentrist? undecided undecided

You get time man! Just ignore that rossikke, he lives right inside GEJ shithole, in the centre where the smell of his shaite is strongest! grin grin
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Davidson95: 3:52am On Apr 22, 2013
What's Delta State looking for there. Pls ooo somethings are better explained well, Delta never develop kakaka, ah sho, whch kind wayo b this? If na corruption na im u na dey talk, eeeeehn we for say dem don develop since.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Biafradiplomat: 6:26am On Apr 22, 2013
musiwa24: okpara ugo, you are wrong.. in GDP what you have is wrong.. Lagos does not have the highest GDP.. I will assume you are fashola or tinubu.. stop listen to fashola and tinubu.. they both says things to manipulate the media , They seem not to understand alot of things mostly economy or engineering etc.. ..

But here is the correct thing..

What I think..

I think Ondo state has the largest GDP in Nigeria. because GDP is measure by your finish product. When you add up the oil output, cocoa product, rubber production, banana production,palm oil etc and all that in ondo state... It looks like Ondo state has the largest GDP in Nigeria.

Ondo state people are hard working people.

what i think is that fashola or tinubu do not understand what GDP means..

Let me help fashola to understand what GDP means.. GDP of a state is the final goods and services produced within a state in a given period of time.

The GDP of kano state or kaduna or bauchi or adamawa etc is higher than imo or abia , enugu or ebonyi

Did you ever see the four walls of a university?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by toskut(m): 7:27am On Apr 22, 2013
Regardless of what any one says, we are sure Lagos is definitely top of the list.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Jerry602(m): 7:55am On Apr 22, 2013
musiwa24: GeneralJ, rivers state is number 1. the oil installation are worth more than the lagos building. opic house in abeokuta was built for N1 billion..

Just one of the oil installation , some cost as much as $1 billions.. which is 160 of Opic houses..

count how many of such oil facilities in rivers.. it gives you 1600 opic skyscrappers in lagos, that look like this.. this is why river state is the state that carries the largest investment in nigeria.

shut d Bleep! Take it or leave it lagos top d list n odas follow
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 22, 2013
ShyM-X:
Damn!! I can't believe some are saying; Anambra... shocked shocked shocked

Anambra makes Mogadishu look like paradise!!
How can u bliv it? U are not expected to do so
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by majeed1(m): 9:09am On Apr 22, 2013
Well, my own list and observations. 1. Lagos 2. Abuja 3. Kano 4. Rivers state and others, but generally Lagos state is one of the most deveoped city in African not only Nigerian pls.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 22, 2013
juman: There is no developed state in nigeria.

But some states are partially developed.
The 'developed' used is in relativeness to one another. E.g Nigeria is more developed than Gambia and that doesn't mean Nigeria is a developed country.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 22, 2013
cnnamoko: when i say developed states, i mean states that have good roads, good malls, best infrastructures and wider coverage outside their capital cities
Then why is Cross River state not on that list??
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Chuksgeo: 9:28am On Apr 22, 2013
may be I should come up with my own 10 most urbanised states in naija and mods will grant it front page even without any concrete reason.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by dlight1(m): 9:38am On Apr 22, 2013
dont8: Your list is thrash not complete without Cross River state and not forgetting Ondo State.
A state like Oyo shouldn't come 2 mind if d factors used in validating ur point r genuine; a state like Ondo or Cross-river should av rather b included
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by successking: 9:51am On Apr 22, 2013
hypeman: ^^^Why do you care about where I'm from? I'm from the mixture of my pops' spermatozoa and my mum's ovum - lived inside my mum for 9 months before coming out as a black African... Are you happy now, Mr. Pseudo-Afrocentrist? undecided undecided

Don't you have a country you can boast of? Or, are you shameful of where you come from? If not, state it.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by sammyzacks(m): 9:56am On Apr 22, 2013
abuja
lagos
rivers
akwa ibom
enugu
kaduna
kano
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by deavicky(m): 10:06am On Apr 22, 2013
This is your definition and you count River State join sontin dey do u
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Chibuhealth(f): 10:09am On Apr 22, 2013
abdulkayus: Hey dude, ur list is trash. D only develop states i will say are Lagos, Abuja and den maybe Kano.
All d Anambra, Akwa ibom, oyo, delta and Edo are still glorified town. Which malls dey Anambra. Anambra is overhyped abeg.
i guess u ar out of ur real senses...have u been to Anambra? U ar a doll baby.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by saintchyco: 10:29am On Apr 22, 2013
guy i am from Anambra and nothing is happening their ooo after 8years all we have to show is the road from head bridge, is that not sad
Chibuhealth:
i guess u ar out of ur real senses...have u been to Anambra? U ar a doll baby.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Rossikk(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2013
No. Not happy. You are a fraud and a criminal. You've come in here, pretending to 'love Nigeria', but apparently you don't love us enough to reveal your nationality to us, while loudly attacking and insulting the Nigerian nation and leadership. If you are hiding where you're really from, it means you are not open with us, and have an ulterior agenda. You claim you can't reveal your nation because colonialists created it. Yet you are happy to discuss Nigeria, also created by colonialists. Why the double standards? Then you were asked to reveal your ethnic group, which you've also refused to do. Why are you hiding these things about yourself while coming here to attack Nigeria?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Whoever compiled this list is a village champion!how can you say Akwa-Ibom is more developed than Edo? To even see Delta state on that list means the op really does not understand what development really is!

For all I care, the only state nearing anything called development in Nigeria is Lagos. Abuja comes closest but still years always from being a developed state. All others are glorified towns still developing.

I am in Edo state right now. I've not seen any form of development there. I think some people are getting bias why is my state not in List. We have to look inward and check if these States have:
1. Good Road
2. Good Infrastructures
3. Attractive Urban sites
4. Recreational Locations
5. Nice Mall & Joints
6. Constant water and Light
7. Sharp and refined People
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by merengue: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
Laughing my head off at all the people defending their states. Comments rating Delta, Anambra, Imo, Rivers, Kaduna, Edo, Akwa Ibom & co as developed states are meant for comedies only. The only states that even approach semi-development are Lagos & Abuja, developments are better spread in these places than in any other states. The rest just have one SC (State Capital), one or two MTs (Market or Mid-level Towns) and a whole host of GVs (Glorified Villages). However, the potential for growth given sound governance, harnessing of mineral resources, large investments by local & foreign investors and encouragement of local developmental initiatives is apparent in some states that seem to have a reasonable number of developing towns other than the state capital. In my estimation, some of these are;

DELTA (Warri, Sapele, Obiaruku, Effurun)
ANAMBRA (Onitsha, Nnewi, Ihiala, Obosi. The neglect of Onitsha by Peter Obi is criminal
OGUN (Shagamu, Ota, the border towns with Lagos)
KOGI (Itakpe, Okene, Ajaokuta, Kabba)
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by shevon: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2013

Where is the road and/or Mall in Rivers State as a whole? And what do you mean by wider coverage? undecided
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by EGO3(m): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
musiwa24: GeneralJ, rivers state is number 1. the oil installation are worth more than the lagos building. opic house in abeokuta was built for N1 billion..

Just one of the oil installation , some cost as much as $1 billions.. which is 160 of Opic houses..

count how many of such oil facilities in rivers.. it gives you 1600 opic skyscrappers in lagos, that look like this.. this is why river state is the state that carries the largest investment in nigeria.

Is this what you call a skyscraper grin some people are just too funny.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
NDprudent: A state aint a city........4 doze callin calabar m ibadan here

Interestin arguements doh!!
correcter must b d worst. wat's an ibadan?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by martinkem(m): 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
musiwa24: 1. River state Is the most developed in Nigeria because it has Nigeria govt largest investment worth billion in oil.
2. Lagos
3 Akwa Ibom invisible 70 oil platform
4 Kaduna host the military
5 Kano host textile
6 Bayelsa i was shock to see alot of develop
7 Anambra
8 Enugu
9 delta

What is bayelsa doing on this list, i lived in bayelsa for one year during my NYSC days, and it is not developed at all my village can challenge yenagoa in terms of infrastructures...I lived in Yenagoa (Amarata), my PPA was Tombia, I have stayed in Nembe [Bassambiri, Ogolombiri(maybe i didnt spell this right)],Amasomma, Ogbia (Rural evangelism), Kaiama during NYSC camp....Bayelsa is one of the most underdeveloped states particularly when u compare the level of development to how much they get monthly...if bayelsa can be placed on that list i dont see why Imo state should be left out
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by jadina(f): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
IN ALL ASPECTS, I WOULD ONLY ADD DELTA IF THE YARDSTICK IS THUGGERY AND CORRUPTION
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Deffwill(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
cnnamoko: from my numerous tours all over 9ja, i have come to realise that these states are the most developed...just my observations, or what do you think?

1. Lagos
2. Anambra
3. Kano
4. Enugu
5. Akwa Ibom
6. Rivers
7. Kaduna
8. Oyo
9. Kastina
10.Delta

Did you say tour..? where did you tour..? cos from your ranking.., you ain't been anywhere yet.

You're just setting a trap to get other peoples views. You should have been plain and just asked people to list their top 10 most developed states in Nigeria. To help whatever poll you're conducting or lame research you're attempting...
angry angry angry
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by cnnamoko(m): 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
are you blind? i said its my observation. abi you get hand to type, y not type yours there and see how people will know how exposed you are

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.