Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? (133236 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Top Twenty Most Developed Countries By HDI / What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Yungbitz(m): 10:39am On Apr 21, 2013
[quote author=musiwa24] GeneralJ, rivers state is number 1. the oil installation are worth more than the lagos building. opic house in abeokuta was built for N1 billion..

Just one of the oil installation , some cost as much as $1 billions.. which is 160 of Opic houses..

count how many of such oil facilities in rivers.. it gives you 1600 opic skyscrappers in lagos, that look like this.. this is why river state is the state that carries the largest investment in nigeria.

Factory machineries even if worth a trillion does not translate to development.....how do those oil machineries/Installations impact on the life of Riverians Does it improve their standard of living??...mind u Abeokuta isnt a part of Lagos
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ojhandsome(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2013
Vision2017: Delta shouldn't make the list. Truth be told, there are only 2 major cities in Delta and these are Asaba the state capital and Warri. Other glorified towns cum cities are only but a mere shadow of what a city should be. Delta is mostly beclouded by thick bushes and forest virtually everywhere. Nothing is happening in Delta and I can't help but wonder why Delta made your list of the most developed state in Nigeria. Delta remains a dungeon where wild animals thrives

very funyyyyy how many devlopd places r there in river state apart from porthacourt?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ken43: 10:41am On Apr 21, 2013
peleson:
Remove anambra n put Cross River. In anyways, ur list is not according to order of development
Make dem kuku remove Anambra put ur Papa namegringringrin
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by elbinmanny(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2013
Ucheosefoh: go figure guy Anambra is more develop than Enugu state
but young man not definitely above Akwa-Ibom !!!!!! cheesytongue
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by FKO1(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2013
Vision2017: Delta shouldn't make the list. Truth be told, there are only 2 major cities in Delta and these are Asaba the state capital and Warri. Other glorified towns cum cities are only but a mere shadow of what a city should be. Delta is mostly beclouded by thick bushes and forest virtually everywhere. Nothing is happening in Delta and I can't help but wonder why Delta made your list of the most developed state in Nigeria. Delta remains a dungeon where wild animals thrives
VILLAGE MENTALITY
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2013
Edo
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Zonacom(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2013
Rooneyboy:

100,000 likes .

Thank u for being truthful.
Its obvious a lot of people dislike anambra, not surprised at all. In as much as i disagree with the op's list, i also cant help but laugh when people only talk about the bad sides of anambra. The most anoying thing perharps is when people keep comparing anambra and enugu, its clear that both states have their 'good' and their 'bad', so stop comparing the two based on one parameter alone. I'm a proud anambrarian, but i think i would prefer settling in enugu city cos i love everything about the city, its cool, civil and good for my kind of profession. However, Anambra still remains more commercial, industrial and urbanised than Enugu but it fails when you look at good structuring, sanitation and civility. Whenever i pass through enugu onitsha expressway or the onitsha owerri express, i cant help but admire the hustler spirit in the average anambrarian, coupled with the speed of urbanisation across the towns. What pains me with my state is that the govt seem not to be in control. Lastly, we need to set facts straight, Anambra still remains the state with the highest accessibility by road between all the towns and villages even though some of the roads are not of good quality. Before you guys attack me, note that i've not said that anambra is among the top ten, neither have i said that its not

7 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by asids55: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2013
Yomieluv: I live in Lagos,but Lagos is over-hyped.only selected areas are developed in infrastructure wise,ie Island. There are some places not fit for human habitat,ie Orile,makoko etc.

Please,remove Lagos as number one from the list.

mumu!abeg tell us where else is developed again in nigeria..is it your state where it is only the state capital that boast of a single bridge?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Kingsley1000(m): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2013
Ucheosefoh: We are talking about developments like markets, industries, roads, etc not shopping malls (shoprite) awesome buildings those things are not real development BTW apart from Enugu which other town is develop in Enugu state in the road issue take ur time drive around the two states u will discover that no town in Anambra that is not connected by road network but that cant be said of Enugu many towns are not connected by roads in Enugu
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Daresh(f): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2013

cheesy grin grin
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Babzrockman: 10:47am On Apr 21, 2013
Importantly, development can only be view base on two perspectives, Economy development and social/infrastructural development. I know two states for sure: Lagos n Anambra are far frm odas.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Fryo4val: 10:47am On Apr 21, 2013
cnnamoko: when i say developed states, i mean states that have good roads, good malls, best infrastructures and wider coverage outside their capital cities
u still need to do ur research very well
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by elbinmanny(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2013
Uyo is like heaven! Ikot-Ekpene a paradise, Abak is cool, Eket is wonderful, Itu is coming up! The way development is spreading in Akwa-Ibom I won't be surprised if LGAs won't be able to identify their boundaries cos the whole state will turn to one Major city grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by chefremy(m): 10:48am On Apr 21, 2013
what is the meanin of this i can't take this it a piece of trash where is abuja although it is the capital of naija...
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ACMTEN: 10:48am On Apr 21, 2013
cnnamoko: from my numerous tours all over 9ja, i have come to realise that these states are the most developed...just my observations, or what do you think?

1. Lagos
2. Anambra
3. Kano
4. Enugu
5. Akwa Ibom
6. Rivers
7. Kaduna
8. Oyo
9. Kastina
10.Delta

Anyone who has travelled round the country like I did will agree with this list. I used to say that Anambra is not up to scratch in terms of development till I travelled to other states. My general conclusion is that Nigeria is a massive slums and villages.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Zonacom(m): 10:56am On Apr 21, 2013
Too bad its on frontpage. A lotta comments here are based on sentiments and this is too bad
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by greenmouse(m): 10:57am On Apr 21, 2013
Imo is the best state so far. Visit and confirm for yourself.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by dejust(m): 10:57am On Apr 21, 2013
Of all the lists, I still see PDP states dominating yet the opposition parties will aways make noise.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by ZUBY77(m): 11:07am On Apr 21, 2013
Ucheosefoh: We are talking about developments like markets, industries, roads, etc not shopping malls (shoprite) awesome buildings those things are not real development BTW apart from Enugu which other town is develop in Enugu state in the road issue take ur time drive around the two states u will discover that no town in Anambra that is not connected by road network but that cant be said of Enugu many towns are not connected by roads in Enugu

Please tell us one town that is not connected by roads in Enugu state?

In Anambra, there are several towns without roads.
I was traveling to Ndoni in Rivers state last month for a marriage . I had to park my vehicle at Atani and use boat for over an hour to Ndoni. No roads. As soon as you reach Atani, there is no more roads to the last town in Ogbaru lga. And we are talking about 7 or 8 towns.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by asha80(m): 11:12am On Apr 21, 2013
greenmouse: Imo is the best state so far. Visit and confirm for yourself.
apart from owerri which other place is developed?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Evestar200(f): 11:12am On Apr 21, 2013
Ibukune: Rivers With all the trash and waste dat litters Rumuodara and rumuokoro in PH d states capital.
nor mind dem,,mostly rumuokoro road dat link to choba,,very bad nd d whole of elele is a jungle
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Masiya(m): 11:13am On Apr 21, 2013
All ar still developing states as far as am concern. Lagos d try sha....
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by larpah(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2013
dont8: Your list is thrash not complete without Cross River state and not forgetting Ondo State.
Dude, which Ondo state?
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 21, 2013
baynix:

Ondo State?? LOL!! Oh.. You Mean Akure State?? Coz Dat's The Only Town Wiv Good Road Network In The State!!
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by badassnigga(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2013
Thermythorpe: embarassed angry una no dey go church ni?

See ur life..

and u also posted this in church.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Cestmoi1(f): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2013
cnnamoko: when i say developed states, i mean states that have good roads, good malls, best infrastructures and wider coverage outside their capital cities
guess u hv nt been to abuja
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:16am On Apr 21, 2013
el bin manny: but young man not definitely above Akwa-Ibom !!!!!! cheesytongue
The only thing Akwa-Ibom can boast with is oil and natural gas which comes with refineries, more revenue 4rm FG. How many Akwa-Ibom piple are employed in the oil sector, Akwa-Ibom may have beta roads than Anambra but they dnt have more markets and industries than Anambra. Industries in Anambra are scatter in many towns in Anambra providing employments and means of income to Anambrans and piple from other state. Akwa-Ibom may have infrastructures like Airport, beta road network, man made tourism sites, beta hotels but how many of them are outside Uyo (u can prove me wrong). Any development that is not spread across many towns in a state that state shall not be included in this list. (I can still be prove wrong but know its my opinion and let nobody curse me for giving my opinion which may not be like by some piple)

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Evestar200(f): 11:18am On Apr 21, 2013
Delta nd edo states hv best road in nigeria
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Abagworo(m): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Exactly! I know i may draw some flack here, but Anambra is more urbanised than developed. When I talk of a developed state, states that are approaching such a status are Abuja, Akwa Ibom and parts of Lagos (mind you, for now we're talking more of the state capital here).

A developed state should have some (or all) of the following: an integrated inter/intracity transportation system consisting of buses, trains, taxis, boats, etc; constant power supply; constant water supply; an adequate and well equipped health service; adequate waste disposal service; adequate security; leisure, entertainment and tourist centres like parks, theatres, museums, 5-star Hotels, Golf clubs, gyms, etc; readily accessible maps of city layouts either in hard or softcopies; an airport or two; a well-appointed and spotless business district; gov't/private enabled mass housing; serene and beautiful upperclass residential areas for high networth individuals/families.

So you see that we still have a long way to go; but if things are done fairly in this country, with everyone allowed the space and resources to develop at their own pace, and with good visionary leadership in place, i see cities like Onitsha, Aba, Enugu, Owerri, Gombe, Portharcourt, Kano and Abeokuta getting close to such a standard in the next 10 years; this is why we should elect a Solu.. the right kind of leaders for our respective states.

Lagos city(not State) is the most developed area in Nigeria followed by Abuja city(not FCT). The rest are still coming up. No State in Nigeria (including Lagos and the FCT) is anywhere near developed. This topic is like bringing 2 one-eyed men(Lagos and FCT) and 35 blind men then asking who has the best sight.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by Abagworo(m): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2013
asha 80: apart from owerri which other place is developed?

Owerri itself is not developed. Imo is still developing. Maybe if we talk about cleanliness, literacy and access roads, then Imo is probably tops.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by successking: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2013
Vision2017:
I believe other posts in response to yours says it all. Also those preferences of yours in a 'small town' are only but a mirage and I don't see Delta attaining such by 2050. Yes, Nigeria as a whole is beclouded with leadership problem but Delta's case is something different with hooligans and cabals occupying even not too juicy positions as school principals. I look at this categorically and I can't help but feel pity for Deltans cause they all live in the rellics of the past age which Thomas Hobbes described as solitary,nasty, brutal and short life span. Forget all this media hypes about Delta on TV. Delta with all her oil could still be likened to Zamfara and Sokoto which today ranks amongst the poorest states in Nigeria. I repeat, there is nothing on ground in Delta caused I have been opportuned to tour round the nook and crannies of the state.

Runing out of working capital at a particular time doesn't make a state poor. Take note.
Re: 10 Most Developed States In Nigeria: What Do You Think? by victorD3: 11:34am On Apr 21, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Whoever compiled this list is a village champion!how can you say Akwa-Ibom is more developed than Edo? To even see Delta state on that list means the op really does not understand what development really is!

For all I care, the only state nearing anything called development in Nigeria is Lagos. Abuja comes closest but still years always from being a developed state. All others are glorified towns still developing.

Am surprised you are comparing Akwa-Ibom with Edo. Pls its important you understand that Akwa-Ibom state is now 8 yrs ahead of Edo in terms of development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Are The 5 Most Developed Countries On The African Continent / Breaking News - Another Explosion In Kaduna Today / Pre-colonial Traditional Political System In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.