Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? (10617 Views)

I Need Help To Prevent Further Cracks On My Dashboard. / My Dashboard Displays "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" / Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by african2: 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2008
ABS always shows on my dashboard intermittently when I am driving. What does it mean? Pls enlighten me
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by dcorious: 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2008
Could be a wiring problem. Had the same complaint a few months back and my mech was able to detected that it was a wiring problem that finally got resolved. Consult with your mech and rewire.

Cheers
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by sheni: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2008
Guy - try to check ur brake pads 1st,
before any wiring job is done on ur ride, all the best
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by sammy6(m): 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2008
ABS simply means auto breaking system. I think there is nothing wrong with your car
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by fotodaddy: 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2008
@africa2
You really need to give more information if you want people to help; make and model, year etc.
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 10, 2008
$ammy:

ABS simply means auto breaking system. I think there is nothing wrong with your car

Nothing wrong with his car? Really?! shocked

ABS = Anti-lock Braking System.

If the warning light's on, then there's a fault. It switches the ABS off, and reverts to conventional braking.

Most common causes are broken wiring, or wheel speed sensor/s out of adjustment, or faulty.

sheni:

Guy - try to check your brake pads 1st,
before any wiring job is done on your ride, all the best

Brake pads have nothing to do with ABS light illumination. Seperate circuits.
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by Eagle1(m): 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2008
@Siena
What's the meaning of SRS in Honda Accord? This light and the check light has been on for sometime and the mechanic i asked gave some unintelligible response.
Thanks
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by sultaan(m): 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2008
Eagle1:

@Siena
What's the meaning of SRS in Honda Accord? This light and the check light has been on for sometime and the mechanic i asked gave some unintelligible response.
Thanks

Airbag system
Safety Restraint System issue
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by Eagle1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2008
sultaan tnx. What abt d light. can it be repaired? Alsothe check light; anytime the mech removes the battery terminal head, if goes off for a day or 2 and comes on again. The car is 2002 Honda Accord
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2008
You can't repair the light - the SRS issue needs to be resolved.

With regards to the CEL lamp, there's a fault logged in the ECU's memory too, probably sporadic. Each time the battery's disconnected, it clears the memory, till the fault occurs again.

You need to get the car code-read, and the issues resolved. Don't let your mechanic convince you the bulbs can be removed - it WILL stop the illumination, but it won't cure hidden faults.
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by SweetT1: 5:17am On Apr 14, 2008
@African2

It's called Anti-lock Breaking system, it's usually used for treacherous road like rain or snow. What year is your car? I had the same problem with my 2007 Isuzu Rodeo and this was brand new. It turned out to be a wiring problem. The guy that did my oil change accidentally unplugged the switch from the socket. Mine is located very close to the firewall of the SUV in the hood. It's right behind the battery. If it's the wiring, it's just a simple plug-in that you need. If not, i hope you still have the warranty on the car, it should cover the repairs. You usually don't need them anyways if your primary breaking systems works fine. It's just an auxiliary breaking mechanism. Goodluck buddy!
Re: Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? by Roughlen(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2008
mine has that same problem but my mechanic said
its the abs sensor and it would cost me about 7k

(1) (Reply)

Old Number Plates Invalid By Sept. 30, 2013 -FRSC / "Speed Kills" - Argue For And Against Here! / 4 Effective Fuel Management Tips During Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.