Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold (6871 Views)

See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / My Dashboard Displays "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" / Abs Always Shows On My Dashboard. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by Ezebu(m): 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2011
My dashboard vibrates whenever my a/c is on and the car is on hold especially if the car's gear is engaged while waiting for the traffic to move.Will appreciate anybody with an idea of what's wrong and the solution.Thanks!
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2011
For starters:

1) What make of car? 
2) What model of car? 
3) What model year? 
4) What engine size / type? 

It's hard to give a diagnosis with any degree of accuracy, if all you mention is "car".  undecided Some issues are perculiar to certain makes and models.
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by SweetT1: 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2011
Really? Never heard of that. The witches in your neighborhood may be mad at you for buying a car when they thought you could only afford a bicycle. Good luck bro'. i suggest you got to church ASAP!
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by webmastern(m): 9:11pm On Mar 29, 2011
I had d same problem with my '98 accord. I had to change the a.c vaccum before vibration stopped.

1 Like

Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by kay8080: 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2011
am having the same problem with my camry 96 model too
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by phemmy26(m): 12:04am On Mar 30, 2011
mine also

its a 2003 toyota c0rrolla
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by ikeyman00(m): 12:12am On Mar 30, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@

wait ooo house

does this wahala kind need a model or what not before a know solution is recommended

just a bit of commonsense talk ooo as some of yall already know cool

understand your stuff
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 30, 2011
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@@

wait ooo house

does this wahala kind need a model or what not before a know solution is recommended

just a bit of commonsense talk ooo as some of yall already know cool

understand your stuff

To get an informed diagnosis, a model is needed. It's about time Nigerian car users got more involved with their cars. I prefer to give specific solutions, whilst the principle behind the ICE remains the same, their control will differ in different cars. Sometimes in the same model with just a year's difference in age.

Not all cars employ idle speed control, and not all cars can have their idle speed threshold raised. Some cars are PWM-based, others employ an Idle Speed Actuator (not to be confused with a vacuum-operated Idle Control Valve). So if the idle speed drops below 750 RPM, with all loads taken off the engine - air con, auto trans load (stall speed), full lock on power-assisted steering etc, then there is a problem. The solution will vary in different systems. Would you rather I told the OP to manually adjust the idle speed of his car, if he / she runs a 2009 Toyota Camry, when there's no idle speed adjustment, and the idle is controlled by the ECU, via a TPS / ICV or Stepper Motor?

So yes, I understand my stuff - but the question is, do you?

2 Likes

Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by Ezebu(m): 8:25am On Mar 30, 2011
[/color][color=Black]
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by okito: 8:47am On Mar 30, 2011
hello house,
I have an honda accord 2000 model (baby boy) which has exactly the same issue. Can someone profer a solution as i intend to sell the car anytime soon and i want buyer to meet the car in top shape as everything else is great. Pls help. Thank you.
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by ikeyman00(m): 9:07am On Mar 30, 2011
@@@@@

ok siena

ikeyman has taken some correction

thank still

but i still think i have a point somehow and i stand by that

peace and love
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by Ezebu(m): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2011
D car is a honda accord.Model:
TK-A73-J991
I.D Nö:0526
Model yr: 2000
Engine:4 cylinder
Transmission is automatic.
It vibrates more if d car is on hold,d a/c is on & d gear is engaged waiting 4 d traffic 2 move.
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by yusuf2(m): 10:01am On Mar 30, 2011
Had the same prob with my Accord also a few months back  angry , check your plugs, probably one is not well tightened, for mine, when i go over a speed pump with speed or pot hole, one of the plugs loose grip and pull off though i wouldn't notice until when the car comes to a stop like in traffic the engine starts to shake vigorously especially when the AC is on. i had to get down sometimes to push it back in until i got time to permanently change the rubber housing, took me just 15 min and i did it my self, since then, no shacky shacky no more  wink AC works perfect.

1 Like

Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 30, 2011
@ Mr Siena

Mine is a Civic 2002 Ex model manual transmission Japanese spec, and I expirence the same issue (without the dashboard vibrating), In my own case once all load is off like you said (car is ideling) my engine goes off.I notice the engine trying to steady the rpm to 1000 from 750. I just got the car (fairly used) with milage rating of 160,000. Aside that on cruise speed she delivers ok and also yes at night I dont notice the problem.

Thank you Sir, would love to hear from you.
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2011
Mr Siena please respond to this thread,
MrMexs007:

@ Mr Siena

Mine is a Civic 2002 Ex model manual transmission Japanese spec, and I expirence the same issue (without the dashboard vibrating), In my own case once all load is off like you said (car is ideling) my engine goes off.I notice the engine trying to steady the rpm to 1000 from 750. I just got the car (fairly used) with milage rating of 160,000. Aside that on cruise speed she delivers ok and also yes at night I dont notice the problem.

Thank you Sir, would love to hear from you.
. How family?
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by deife(m): 3:07am On Dec 23, 2016
phemmy26:
mine also

its a 2003 toyota c0rrolla

Hello sir. Please what was the solution when you faced that challenge cos I experience same at the moment and I use a 2003 Toyota Corolla too. I shall be grateful for your timely response. Thanks.
Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by ogawisdom(m): 7:37am On Dec 23, 2016
What you all are facing is simple it's called rough idling

Re: Help:my Dashboard Vibrates Whenever My A/c Is On And The Car Is On Hold by Alvin007: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2016
Worn engine seats/mounts can also be the cause...(dashboard vibrations)...if the rpm is being affected...then, the engine seat/mount Ish is ruled out. A lotta factors contribute to rough idling.

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Inspect Faulty Dashboard Lights / My Toyota Camry 99 V6 Power Steering Makes Funny Noise, Plsss Help / List Of Cyber Bullies On Cartalk Section Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.