Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,514 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Is This Quotation Right - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is This Quotation Right (1090 Views)

Is This Quotation Right for 2 Bedroom Apartment? / Please Check This Quotation For 3 Flats.. / House Foundation Cost Quotation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Quotation Right by olabukola: 6:01am On Apr 22, 2013
Please i need help, i recently received a quotation of about 1.5m for a raft foundation and dpc of a 2 bed bungalow with a penthouse. Please guys is it right. Pls Pls Pls someone should help me. Attached is the ground floor plan.

Again is it possible to start a house without the plan getting approved from the local council as the contractor keep on telling me that i can start and do that letter. The project in question is located in ogombo Ajar axis.

Attached in the G-floor

Re: Is This Quotation Right by Acidosis(m): 6:48am On Apr 22, 2013
Your attached file is faulty.

btw, why don't you post the quotation. Ordinarily, that amount should go as far as lintel level BUT so many factors will come into play such as;

availability of water
are there trees on the land?
any old building to be demolish?
Re: Is This Quotation Right by olabukola: 6:56am On Apr 22, 2013
Thanks for your reply, please how is the attached file faulty,

Water is available,
land cleared already
No building and it's a dry land.
Re: Is This Quotation Right by Acidosis(m): 7:27am On Apr 22, 2013
Alright sir...may be its my phone. I'll transfer to a system. I downloaded on phone but couldn't view it.

But sir, I do not think your contractor's quotation is questionable considering the fact that you requested for a raft foundation

The land is a dry one and then you're building a 2 bed bungalow with a pent house. Well I'm not an engineer but I think a strip foundation is okay after which an oversite concrete (german floor) would be poured on top. This method is common, very safe and cheap.

Do you have the quotation with you? why dont you post it..
Re: Is This Quotation Right by Acidosis(m): 7:34am On Apr 22, 2013
Raft foundation -This is where you have concrete spread around your building from the base of foundation all through to the german floor/ oversite concrete/ground floor slab. It is mainly used in areas where the soil are sandy and loose, you spend more on this than the other previous two most of the time. It is also recommended in waterlogged areas but with buildings of less storeys.
Re: Is This Quotation Right by olabukola: 8:02am On Apr 22, 2013
Acidosis: Raft foundation -This is where you have concrete spread around your building from the base of foundation all through to the german floor/ oversite concrete/ground floor slab. It is mainly used in areas where the soil are sandy and loose, you spend more on this than the other previous two most of the time. It is also recommended in waterlogged areas but with buildings of less storeys.
Ok are you saying that the raft foundation is not necessary? again is it ok to start building without getting approval from the local council first?
Re: Is This Quotation Right by olabukola: 8:08am On Apr 22, 2013
Acidosis: Your attached file is faulty.

btw, why don't you post the quotation. Ordinarily, that amount should go as far as lintel level BUT so many factors will come into play such as;

availability of water
are there trees on the land?
any old building to be demolish?
Quotation
100pc of 1*12*12 soft wood,
1 bag of 3" nail
1 bag of 2" nail
wood peg and line
25tons of granite
20 tons of sharp sand
100pcs of 2*3 wood for profile &brasing
55 bags of cement 4 blinding and casting
1tonof 16mm for raft and column
1ton of 12mm
binding wire.

the price for these materials is 832k without labour
Re: Is This Quotation Right by topsy23: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2013
Don't forget to get in touch with us for the electrical and mechanical installations
Email: ababatope2003@yahoo.com or atope23@live.co.uk
Phone: 08033643191 or 08051750560

Thanks
Tope
Re: Is This Quotation Right by Acidosis(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
olabukola: Ok are you saying that the raft foundation is not necessary? again is it ok to start building without getting approval from the local council first?

Yes sir, a raft foundation isn't necessary.. but you might want to ask why he choose a raft foundation cool

Well, I'll advise you get an approval although you can start. All they need is money and they are so cool so long you meet their terms (building plan & money).
Re: Is This Quotation Right by Acidosis(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
olabukola: Quotation
1 bag of 3" nail
1 bag of 2" nail
wood peg and line
25tons of granite
20 tons of sharp sand
1ton of 12mm
binding wire.

Raft foundation are relatively expensive..

Talk to him about the choice of the foundation. 1.5 million is enough money to build to or above lintel level.
Re: Is This Quotation Right by Chekitaut: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
olabukola: Quotation
1 bag of 3" nail
1 bag of 2" nail
wood peg and line
25tons of granite
20 tons of sharp sand
1ton of 12mm
binding wire.

plank 1x12x12 = 100x880each=88000
wood 2x3= 100x320each=32000
Nail= 2x5,000/bag=10000
Cement =55x1750=96250
1ton 16mm = 125,000
1ton 12mm = 125,000
Binding wire = 5000
Granite 30tons= 130,000(25ton will not be preferable due to cost, if u get 30tons u will still use it 4 dpc)
Shape sand 20tonsx2 = 45000x2=90,000

I did not see 8 0r 10mm for rings
i increase the Granite, Sand and prepare @least N30,000 for 8 or 10mm iron rod for rings.
Re: Is This Quotation Right by jerryben12: 2:11am On Apr 23, 2013
olabukola: Please i need help, i recently received a quotation of about 1.5m for a raft foundation and dpc of a 2 bed bungalow with a penthouse. Please guys is it right. Pls Pls Pls someone should help me. Attached is the ground floor plan.

Again is it possible to start a house without the plan getting approved from the local council as the contractor keep on telling me that i can start and do that letter. The project in question is located in ogombo Ajar axis.

Attached in the G-floor

Send me your email, I will send you pictures of the recent raft foundation that was done for me. Jerrybenchi@yahoo.com
Re: Is This Quotation Right by olabukola: 7:18am On Apr 23, 2013
jerryben12:

Send me your email, I will send you pictures of the recent raft foundation that was done for me. Jerrybenchi@yahoo.com
asl55a@yahoo.com. pls include the size/cost and location for comparism. thanks.
Re: Is This Quotation Right by topsy23: 7:38am On Apr 23, 2013
@ Olabukola pls send me the Mechanical and Electrical design to check the design for u also. Send it to ababatope2003@yahoo.com
Re: Is This Quotation Right by Chekitaut: 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
Your building first stage
A stamped architectural drawing
A stamped structural analysis
A detailed bill of quantities
M&E Drawing
3D view of the drawing

All-in-one N160k
Re: Is This Quotation Right by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
Chekitaut you got a mail sir
Re: Is This Quotation Right by Chekitaut: 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
3strike: Chekitaut you got a mail sir
I did but no dimension, pls send the dimension(s)

(1) (Reply)

Window Blinds(go Contemporary) / Luxury Residential Bungalows Abuja / Amazing, Efficient And Durable ATS For Your Landed Property Or Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.