Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men (17842 Views)

5 Things Dark Skinned People Are Tired Of Hearing(picture!) / 6 Possible Reasons Why You're Single---and Won't Attract A Lover / Possible Reasons Why Nigerian Men Marry Older Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by diji04(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2013
it probably doesn’t come as a shock, but women are more likely than men to be super tired.

A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey released on April 12th indicated that 15 percent of women compared to 10 percent men reported feeling “very tired or exhausted.” And that gap widens when you look at men and women between the ages of 18 and 44 (only 9 percent of men vs. 16 percent of women).

Here are seven (not totally scientific) reasons we think this may be the case:

1. You might be doubling up on the work you do. Although we’ve made strides toward a more equitable division of labor, women still tend to do more hours of housework and child-rearing than men do. So women who work outside of the house as well essentially have two jobs.

2. You have too many weeknight plans. Women are overwhelmingly guilty of trying to be everything to everyone. We often expend all of our energy trying to meet every social obligation. It’s probably time to stop doing that.

3. You’re probably chronically stressed out. There’s nothing like a stress-filled week to seriously deplete all of your energy.

4. Babies! According to NPR, 25 is still the average age of first birth. This might contribute to the larger exhaustion gap we see between men and women in the 18-44 range. Raising small children is pretty damn exhausting.

5. You can’t shut off your thoughts. Women may have a harder time letting go of things that happened during that day when it’s time to go to sleep.

6. You might be dealing with greater financial burdens than the dudes around you. Seeing as almost all women in the U.S. are working in jobs which typically pay men more, it wouldn’t be surprising if some women feel dead on their feet from trying to make ends meet.

7. If you’re depressed, that can impact your sleep. Women are more likely than men to suffer from depression and depressed people are four times as likely to be tired.

3 Likes

Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by gilgal7(f): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
first to comment....i nid to pop champaigne....@poster am not a lazy lady...trust me am active

3 Likes

Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by Samsantos9: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
2nd to comment popping Champagne.
@op that's a f.ucking Lie guys are ten times more tired than girls.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by devour129: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
No 5 is my problem.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
Women are naturally lazy...right from the Garden of Eden. That's why they are mainly the agents of Satan. An idle woman is a devil's workshop.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by stebell(m): 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
This space is for sale. Let me hv a lick I'm coming back. 4th
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by Mozraj: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
It's their life anyway
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by toygod2: 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
@OP, whY dnt u jst log-out d computer and allow other customers to use the system instead of wasting ur ticket and posting bladerdash. 2kobo advice:/

1 Like

Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by stebell(m): 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
gilgal7: first to comment....i nid to pop champaigne....@poster am not a lazy lady...trust me am active

Are yu sleeping on Okada? I don't tink u're a lady
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by librangyps(f): 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
5, 6, 7... I can't seem to shut out my thoughts, even when I'm asleep, my mind keeps going and I sometimes wake up exhausted... Ok, you've figured out d symptoms, what's the cure? I'm still stressed.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by librangyps(f): 3:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
stebell: This space is for sale. Let me hv a lick I'm coming back. 4th

U want to lick ur space?
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by butta(m): 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
Good article but does not correlate with the african society.. Especially nigeria and poster it is not true that women in nigeria are more likely to be tired than men in our society as far as I am concerned majority of the nigerian workforce are men and are more likely to be tired than the women the men carry most of the family burden here in short nigerian men are super men because if one is able to read the thought of an average nigerian man all they think about is hw to pay house rent , children school fees , money for food for d family ,wife wahala,sending money to help mother and father, siblings burden , work matters , girlfriend maintenance money , guy abeg make una help me add the list make dem understand that men worry more than women and are likely to be tired all the time from stress, worry , high blood pressure so op that ur article na you know were u for see am

3 Likes

Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
butta: Good article but does not correlate with the african society.. Especially nigeria and poster it is not true that women in nigeria are more likely to be tired than men in our society as far as I am concerned majority of the nigerian workforce are men and are more likely to be tired than the women the men carry most of the family burden here in short nigerian men are super men because if one is able to read the thought of an average nigerian man all they think about is hw to pay house rent , children school fees , money for food for d family ,wife wahala,sending money to help mother and father, siblings burden , work matters , girlfriend maintenance money , guy abeg make una help me add the list make dem understand that men worry more than women and are likely to be tired all the time from worry so op that ur article na you know were u for see am
blah blah blah!!

Nigerian men---> super men??

I laugh in Hindi...mschew!!!

10 Likes

Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
Pls let men knows how to help and appreciate their women,cos we are fragile and we need to be cuddled by our men.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by FUCKU: 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
Samsantos9: .

4K U
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by yuzedo: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
Why won't women be tired?! If you have two big milk factories you are always carrying on your chest wherever you go, won't you be tired too? tongue tongue undecided
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by honeric01(m): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
Yet Nigerian men have lower life expectancy?

Yet men die earlier than women?

Yet most men die from shock, HBP and stroke?

Hmmm now i can see why women are more tired lol.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by wese90(m): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
I reserve my comment
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by daryoor(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
more men are tired than women.
Male jobs- plumber, carpenter, brick layer, okada man, electritian.......

Women dont really do physical things how will they get more tired than men.

A lot of homes have men as the bread winner rather than women.

Even when making love the guy does all the thursting and flipping and lifting...
Why should u even say women are more tired
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
butta: Good article but does not correlate with the african society.. Especially nigeria and poster it is not true that women in nigeria are more likely to be tired than men in our society as far as I am concerned majority of the nigerian workforce are men and are more likely to be tired than the women the men carry most of the family burden here in short nigerian men are super men because if one is able to read the thought of an average nigerian man all they think about is hw to pay house rent , children school fees , money for food for d family ,wife wahala,sending money to help mother and father, siblings burden , work matters , girlfriend maintenance money , guy abeg make una help me add the list make dem understand that men worry more than women and are likely to be tired all the time from stress, worry , high blood pressure so op that ur article na you know were u for see am
AND YET YOU STILL HAVE THE ENERGY FOR SEX! YOU ARE REALLY A SUPER SUPER MAN!! RUBBISH!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by slimyem: 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
nnafather: Women are naturally lazy...right from the Garden of Eden. That's why they are mainly the agents of Satan. An idle woman is a devil's workshop.
You must be an eediot!!

1 Like

Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by missjane: 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
nnafather: Women are naturally lazy...right from the Garden of Eden. That's why they are mainly the agents of Satan. An idle woman is a devil's workshop.
Satanist on d loose! Make una hear wetin dis woman wrapper de talk, na ur type de wash pant for woman..
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by imperiouxx(m): 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
4 and 5 is their main problems.......... Maama... I love you! kiss
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by iebanehita(m): 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
gilgal7: first to comment....i nid to pop champaigne....@poster am not a lazy lady...trust me am active

Active??!.. Duz dt include being skillful in BEdmantics?!..#No insults o!

@Butta... You mentioned Wife Wahala and Girlfriend Maintenance Money in ur post,,isn't it obvious dt u r digging ur grave by yourself n comin here 2whin lyk a toddler dt u r?
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by preciousjun(m): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2013

very correct.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by butta(m): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
ItsModella:
blah blah blah!!

Nigerian men---> super men??

I laugh in Hindi...mschew!!!
let's say the truth and shame d devil we feed your lazy a...s...S.Ess and provide everything for you
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
2 b a poor woman s not a day job grin cry
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by butta(m): 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
kimberluge: AND YET YOU STILL HAVE THE ENERGY FOR SEX! YOU ARE REALLY A SUPER SUPER MAN!! RUBBISH!!! undecided undecided undecided
we do all the thrusting for you every night while you lie down doing nothing yet u complain we r not satisfying you why do u think after sex most men sleep off its because we are tired madam .
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by donguutti: 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
More tired, why wont they be more tired.The heavy stuff they carry on a daily basis- Hand bags (more like traveling bags),ear rings, weavons(Brazilian, indian, Mexican, horse),stressing their feet with high heels.Trying to monitor our every move (una be police?). grin grin

I personally agree with number 4 ( kids are terrorist,especially boys aged 2-6)
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by chuqudy(m): 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
butta: we do all the thrusting for you every night while you lie down doing nothing yet u complain we r not satisfying you why do u think after sex most men sleep off its because we are tired madam .

I taught that it was only men that are interested in sex.
Re: Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men by Policewoman(f): 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
Girl you are just a clown. Get a life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Sold Her Phone To Man Without Deleting Her Nude Videos & Pics, He Leaks Them / PHOTO: Ladies, Can You Allow Your Boyfriend To Grab Your Butt Like This? / Why Do Goodlooking Men Marry Ugly Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.