Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell (14878 Views)

MASSOB Accuses Uwazuruike For N4b Fraud & Expel Him - See Datials / Uwazuruike Disowns Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Boss / MASSOB Disowns Uwazuruike For Supporting One Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
The Alliance for Igbo Youths (AIY) an umbrella body for Igbo youth organisations in Nigeria has threatened that the country would experience mayhem if the leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Ralph Uwazuruike is tried for treason. Uwazuruike, alongside six members of MASSOB had filed an appeal to extricate themselves from an impending treason trial, which was initiated against them by the Federal Government in 2005.

But a five-man panel in the Supreme Court had on Friday 19, 2013 approved a trial for treason for the MASSOB leader and some members and ordered that their trial should commence without delay. Reacting to the judgment, the Secretary General of AIY, Emeka Moneme said if the government goes on with the trial, Igbo youths might have no option than to embark on unending protests.

According to him, “the Federal Government is underestimating the capacity of Igbos to engage in militancy. We want to make them aware of the fact that if they go on with their plans to try Uwazuruike for treason after granting amnesty to Niger Delta militants and planning to do same to the Boko Haram sect that has killed a lot of Nigerians, then we will be left with no choice than to cause mayhem in this country.”

Also speaking, the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the International Society for Civil Liberties and the Rule of Law, Emeka Umeagbalasi described the court pronouncement as a means of oppressing the Igbo nation using the judiciary. He said, “MASSOB is a non violent organisation that has not at any time taken up arms against the Federal Government like other groups such as the Boko Haram sect and the Niger Delta militants had done in the past. Despite the fact that the Boko Haram sect had taken up arms against the country and had even caused the death of thousands of innocent Nigerians, the government is still bent on granting them amnesty even when they are rejecting it. So far, these groups have not been made to face trial.

“Therefore, the decision to try Uwazuruike and members of his group for treason shows the high level of inequality in the country. “The Igbo have suffered the worst form of marginalisation and this ruling is going to further aggravate the situation and cause unrest in the country.” Meanwhile, MASSOB has warned that it will cause mayhem in the country if the life of its leader is threatened.

Speaking to Daily Sun, MASSOB’s Director of Information, Uche Madu said it was unfair that the government sort to grant amnesty to a group responsible for the death of thousands, yet wants to prosecute a group that had carried out its activities in a peaceful manner. “Boko Haram’s activities would be child’s play compared to what MASSOB would do if the government goes on with its plans” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/try-uwazuruike-for-treason-face-hell/

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by alfaman2: 3:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
History ought to have taught nigerians that igbos no dey do half measure.

Anyway, let's wait and see.

8 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by ekoilee: 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2013

lmao...

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
I hope this is not the usual chest beating and empty threats! MASSOB should learn from MEND how to issue threats and carry it effectively. This is long overdue! angry

1 Like

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
nyen nyen nyen nyyen nyen, so so talk no action, declare the damn country already!!!

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
That is what happen when the govt choose to negotiate/ pardon terrorist, embarassed embarassed embarassed

i fear for my dear country cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by OgbuefiNegro: 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
In response to article,

Igbo nation or Biafra or whatever we should call it has been broken and irrevocably divided. Your sons have so much of themselves invested and commited to other territories that they are constantly intimidated by the fear of parting from or loosing those investments and are therefore unwilling to trade or sacrifice their personal gain for a tribal cause, given the wisdom of 1967. So this Igbo youth call will only be answered and carried out in East. Your brothers in West and North dare not start trouble in those regions if their established successes is valuable to them.

Moreover, this is a coward call. Soon as the trial start the demand will change and they will release another media cry threatening to cause trouble if uwazuruike is convicted. Then soon as he is convicted, another cry to cause trouble if he is imprisoned. When picture of him eating "national beans" is released, it will be followed by threats of if he dies in prison. These clowns only have cries and loudness......they can bark but they are toothless.

Their teeth has been uprooted and implanted in different regions, separated from a bunch and given individual successes thus deflating and neutralizing their sense of collectivism and unity......which was never strong and cohesive to begin with.

yeye COWARDS!! angry

42 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2013

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by BUSHMAN1: 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro: In response to article,

Igbo nation or Biafra or whatever we should call it has been broken and irrevocably divided. Your sons have so much of themselves invested and commited to other territories that they are constantly intimidated by the fear of parting from or loosing those investments and are therefore unwilling to trade or sacrifice their personal gain for a tribal cause, given the wisdom of 1967. So this Igbo youth call will only be answered and carried out in East. Your brothers in West and North dare not start trouble in those regions if their established successes is valuable to them.

Moreover, this is a coward call. Soon as the trial start the demand will change and they will release another media cry threatening to cause trouble if uwazuruike is convicted. Then soon as he is convicted, another cry to cause trouble if he is imprisoned. When picture of him eating "national beans" is released, it will be followed by threats of if he dies in prison. These clowns only have cries and loudness......they can bark but they are toothless.

Their teeth has been uprooted and implanted in different regions, separated from a bunch and given individual successes thus deflating and neutralizing their sense of collectivism and unity......which was never strong and cohesive to begin with.

yeye COWARDS!! angry
true talk

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by condralbede(m): 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
Are U serious?
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Kslib(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
Na to open mouth talk rubbish dem sabi.. Why dem no divert this anger on boko haram for the killings of hundreds of igbos in the north... Msssheeew
Make i ask first,if dem wan start to cause mayhem,na only eastern states dem wan destroy abi na d whole naija.. Abegi make we hear word.. These are signs of over-feeding... Toothless bulldogs...

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by oluomad(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
I pity these hungry massob members!!
If ur papa dey dia better go and warn him!!

Am an igbo man but I can assure u that these Massob guys are hungry men, their gun sef no fit contain more dan one bullet!!

3 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by slimfit1(m): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
First question these people give me joke what are you doing with Israel's flag are you nuts.

Don't worry he will rut in jail without trial.

What association do you guys have with Israel hahahaha wonders shall never end.

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by OMG2013(m): 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
MASSOB shey na 2day...Actions speaks louder than voice ask MEND, JAMB and even NIGER DELTA MILLITANT.
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Indifferent(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
Miss ke. When African Magic dey
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by bamosagie(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
Igbo guys don begin the movement for amnesty, now dem go dey Pray make the trial start, then dem go start wahała and killing, maybe bombing plus kidnapping. Then some prominent Igbo leaders go ask for amnesty, after small shakara from both side, federal govt go beg dem with amnesty. Case close. Till OPC start dem own.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Joe50(m): 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
no b igbo?
4get dem... na mouth dem get sad sad

5 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Orblonde: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nigeria seems to prey on the peaceful and respect and respond to violence. Sorry to say this but the current Igbo leaders are sellouts and will never jump to the defence of their peoples so as not to offend their paymasters.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Demdem(m): 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
eko ilee:

lmao...

Is it true that igbos are the lost but found tribe of isreal? Don't understand this Israeli flag they are brandishing. This must be a joke.
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
Demdem:

Is it true that igbos are the lost but found tribe of isreal? Don't understand this Israeli flag they are brandishing. This must be a joke.

Is it Biafra vs Nigeria or Israel vs Nigeria? cry cry

[size=48pt]Ibo's movement for amnesty. . . .[/size]
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by adoniza(m): 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by adoniza(m): 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwGcPY7ASV3rmfCbYmhdQznMKYEObDgQlaUFarrX9yIcLe-EfChA[/img]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TEXAS COWGIRL INDEED
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
Shey massob don finish the money dey collected from issuing the last threat ni?
They want another one abi?
Guys, we undstnd na, but learn to dey beg nicely na!
Why d gra gra and arrogancy wenever u wanna beg for money na?
U sick?
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
Demdem:

wen person no get origin, which flag he no go brandish finish?
Allow them, abeg.
grin

6 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by adoniza(m): 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
bamosagie: Igbo guys don begin the movement for amnesty, now dem go dey Pray make the trial start, then dem go start wahała and killing, maybe bombing plus kidnapping. Then some prominent Igbo leaders go ask for amnesty, after small shakara from both side, federal govt go beg dem with amnesty. Case close. Till OPC start dem own.

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by firetrap(m): 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
I'm an Igbo youth and I don't care or give two shots about what happens to uwazurike cos he's part of the rot in the igbo nation. I will not carry a weapon and go and die cos one monkey said so and believe me when I say that majority of the Igbo youths and people in general are of a like mind
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by Soso990240(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
oluomad: I pity these hungry massob members!!

Am an igbo man but I can assure u that these Massob guys are hungry men, their gun sef no fit contain more dan one bullet!!

shut up joor..who made u an ibo man? Animal stop claimin wot u ar nt.

8 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by ddippset(m): 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
iam not igbo, but i back them fully on this one.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by ebucha: 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
Story
Re: MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell by babadem2much(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
oluomad: I pity these hungry massob members!!

you don yarn joor! all na smoke from lazy hunter gun, empty vessels abeg mek i no talk 2much. thread close gbam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We’re Ready For Inquiry On B’haram, APC Tells Jonathan / Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.