Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings (2627 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by DrummaBoy(m): 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel and Everyone who may be reading this: What Are View on Gbile Akaani Teaching
1. Do you know if he encourages tithe paying
2: What do you agree and disagree on his teachings
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by ATMC(f): 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
I love gbileeeeee!!! So much as a matter of factly

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by DrummaBoy(m): 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
ATM
What do U love about Gbile?
And do answer d questions I posted in the Opening
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Goshen360(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
Well, I have not been opportuned to listen to him that much even though I heard so much about him and his message(s). I do understand, from what I heard about him, he is a true man of God; he might not be perfect or 100% correct in doctrines. As per the questions,

1. I don't know about his tithe doctrines. From what I have read about him on this forum, he doesn't put much pressure on money anyway but as for tithing, I cannot answer for that until I know about it.

2. Like I said, I haven't listened to much of his messages but when I read about him calling out on MFM who conducts deliverance sessions for CHRISTIANS. Brother Gbile called them out and said it was an insult to the finished works of Christ which he is 100% correct and I agree with you, the word of God also testifies to the truth of his words.

Another thing I may want to find out is, if he mixes Grace with the law or balance law with Grace or confuse both. That will be an important thing for me\us to find out. That's what I can say about him for now.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
Don't know him, so cannot comment smiley
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Royalty1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
I Love Gbile's messages. I have close to 20 sermons by him and I have attended like 3 or 4 meetings where He was invited to minister.
I haven't heard him preach about tithes before. He talks more about living a life of purity while taking critical looks at the life of saints of old.
I haven't had any reason to disagree with him, and I do that with some of these new generation preachers.
Am sure he believes in tithes cause that is one of the basic biblical doctrines.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by DrummaBoy(m): 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Thanks Goshen and Frosbel
I am counting those who've listened to him to shed some light here
It doesn't distract from what I understand of the tithe as being practised today as fraud but I would like to know what folks on the forum think of him
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by ATMC(f): 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
I want to be in his meeting. I haven't been in any and i've not had d opportunity of hearing him preach but once on tele but i've read 3 of his books. Someone tell me when next he'll have a program i wanna be there
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by alexleo(m): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
DrummaBoy: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel and Everyone who may be reading this: What Are View on Gbile Akaani Teaching

It is very wrong for you to brand a preacher bad because he is not against tithe or he is not against something you are against. Who is that man that has a 100 percent understanding of the scriptures? Nobody. Change your mindset. You can disagree with someone's message but that doesn't mean that all his messages are wrong. Develope an open mind to the word of God then let the spirit of discernment do the job.
Having said this, I want to say that I ve listened to Gbile's sermons and his messages are so wonderful. He is more of a new testament preacher. His teachings about contributions is purely the way the apostles did it. He is never a money preacher like we see among most pastors these days. I ve not heard him preach for or against tithe. Generally he is a true preacher of the sound word of God. I ve always wished he would be invited to preach in my church if possible. He is a more of a teacher of the word.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Goshen360(m): 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
^ Alex, He, the OP didn't brand Gbile as BAD because he is not against tithe or he is not against something he is against o. Don't read into his words please. I 'guess' he is only asking a question based on his new findings. I never read his (OP's) line where he branded Gbile as BAD 'because of tithe'.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by alexleo(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Alex, He, the OP didn't brand Gbile as BAD because he is not against tithe or he is not against something he is against o. Don't read into his words please. I 'guess' he is only asking a question based on his new findings. I never read his (OP's) line where he branded Gbile as BAD 'because of tithe'.

His number one question(kweshion) to you is - do you know whether he encourages tithing? With this one can easily understand it to be that if he encourages tithing then he may as usual brand him a fraud. What am saying is that u can be against a particular teaching of a person but don't let it deny you other teachings of the same person that may be of benefit to you. Satan is a trickster. He can use one small thing to prevent someone from benefiting a whole lot. If anybody is convinced to stop tithing that's for the person. I am not against tithing but one point I gathered from frosbel in the tithing thing is the idea of spending more on the less priviledged than in building gigantic church building and stuff. I delibrated on it and saw much reasons in it. Why should members be eating from hand to mouth and we are spending so much on building high class church and carrying out series of renovations. It is human beings that are being prepared for heaven and not church building and all that. Yet am not against building a church when it is necessary but the competitive posture this thing has assumed in these last days calls for such caution. Every church wants their building to be the best meanwhile there are members in such churches being tormented by hunger.
Goshen there is something I also learnt from you about grace based giving. Before, I used to gather some friends and we task ourselves to contribute a particular amount to buy something that the church needs but since then I ve reasoned that leveying ourselves to do something for the church is not proper rather let every man bring according to how he is led. Most times I still end up contributing even double or triple of what each person contributed to make up for the shortfall of some who may not meet up with the amount. The church is not aware o and its not them that asked us. But after the tithing argument and some points you made I reasoned after that some of them are agreeing with me to pay because they don't want to offend me as a friend not that they are doing it from their heart so I ve stopped. Some projects am led to do on my own, all I need to do is to agree with my wife then I go ahead. Same with her too. I always come here with open mind to learn and drop my own little knowledge too. That's why I keep saying that people should have open mind to the word of God and pray for the Holy Spirit guidance after.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Goshen360(m): 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
^ You're a good and God man. I perfectly understand you from your initial post. It's easy for you to 'assume' but since he (the OP) did not 'explicitly' use that word 'bad' to brand him. I believe that's what's going on though not to support him. I perfectly understand you though.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by ATMC(f): 3:00am On Apr 23, 2013
^hello
@topic how far? Op let me know d next time he's having a meeting k
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by PastorKun(m): 8:41am On Apr 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel and Everyone who may be reading this: What Are View on Gbile Akaani Teaching

I really don't know much about Gbile Akanni so i can't give ab objective view, however as someone noted we can't use the tithe doctrine to determine whether a preacher is good or not cause there are a good number of preachers that are genuinely in error about the tithe doctrine. but a very good barometer to determine a genuine man of God is the love he shows to others whether they are his church members or not.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by DrummaBoy(m): 11:08am On Apr 23, 2013
[/quote][quote]
alexleo:

It is very wrong for you to brand a preacher bad because he is not against tithe or he is not against something you are against. Who is that man that has a 100 percent understanding of the scriptures? Nobody. Change your mindset. You can disagree with someone's message but that doesn't mean that all his messages are wrong. Develope an open mind to the word of God then let the spirit of discernment do the job.
Having said this, I want to say that I ve listened to Gbile's sermons and his messages are so wonderful. He is more of a new testament preacher. His teachings about contributions is purely the way the apostles did it. He is never a money preacher like we see among most pastors these days. I ve not heard him preach for or against tithe. Generally he is a true preacher of the sound word of God. I ve always wished he would be invited to preach in my church if possible. He is a more of a teacher of the word.

^ Alex, He, the OP didn't brand Gbile as BAD because he is not against tithe or he is not against something he is against o. Don't read into his words please. I 'guess' he is only asking a question based on his new findings. I never read his (OP's) line where he branded Gbile as BAD 'because of tithe'.

Thanks Goshen for that kind defence.

The issue Alex raised is worth considering:ie, having open mind rather than a narrow "anti-tithe" one, that labels everyone who teaches it to be in error. I want to say that Alex read between the lines well: I was gonna try to see Gbille from the tithe point of view. The reason is simple, during my undergraduate days in my search to know the Lord better Gbile was somebody who helped me great deal. Though I still didn't have that much access to his teachings, the little I heard I would say had a ballanced veiw on money. Although I cannot say wether he is for or against the tithe. It is understandable if his position is not really clear on it since he doesn't run a church. He has an inter-denominational fellowship group with regular meeting annually. Since the tithe is connected mostly with churches, it is understable why his position is what it is. However, I am convinced also that Bro Gbille's often takes positions regardless of whether it will be controversial or not.

TBC
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by DrummaBoy(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2013
My question in the OP was what is Gible's position on tithing and what is the emphasis of his teaching?

I agree that there is a danger to be narrow, seeing preachers through a prism and then denying the blessing that could come some other way but then is the tithe question worth pursuing? I think it is. It may not be important to folks like Alex because it is either he support tithe paying or he doesn't feel paying or not paying is that important. But for me it is does.

Now my strife against the tithe answers the whole question I have had with why the state of the Lord's temple is what it is. We all know what Jesus' reaction was when he entered the temple. He took a whip and pursued folks out of it. His reason: do not make my father's house a den of theives(robbers). The central teaching that supports the tithe: Malachi 3 said some people where robbing God for not paying tithe. When the Malachi scripture is looked in on the surface, we think anyone who doesn't pay tithe is robbing God. But an in depth study into that text shows that God was speaking to the Priest (and the levites). The old testament shows that the people were to pay tithe of crops and animals to the levites. The levites were in turn to pay tithe to the priests (descendants of Aaron), who in turn brought it to the house of the Lord for there to be food there. The Malachi scripture showed that while the people were paying the tithe to the levites, there was a disconnect between the levite, the priests and God's house. So that at the end the house of God had no food. The robbers in Malachi were either the priests or the levites but certainly not the people(my proof is in the fact that God was speaking to the priest from the beginning that book and even chapter 3). Just as the robbers were the religious leaders of Jesus' day, it would not be suprising to know that today's robbers in the Church are pastors or religious leaders, and not innocent church folks.

Thus, for me, whether a Pastor teaches for or against the tithe makes all the difference. It makes him/her a robber or not one. Thus the reason why I would like to know Gbile's position on the tithe.

Now, when Jesus came he kept saying in his sermon on the mount "You have heard it said..." and then he would make the correction "But I say...", in regards to giving, prayers and marraige. Do you realize that God is his mercy does allow certain teachings to hold for a time but there comes a time he makes the correction. That the tithe has become popular in the past 150yrs or so does not make it the word of God. And the scripture makes it clear that many will be deceived in the last days; that many teach the tithe is in compatibility with that.

So Alex is right: I would see a man of God from this moment on from the "prism" of whether he supports the tithe or not, and yes, I am sensible enough, as Pastor Kun has warned, not to read the tithe into every message and loose the blessing that could come my way that way. But guys, the fraud that the tithe is, answers the question why money has become the central theme for so many churches today, while souls are perishing.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by PastorKun(m): 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
@Drummaboy
I understand your point and appreciate it but just be reminded that some preachers are genuinely in error and only preach tithe becos they themselves have been deceived into believing the doctrine and have never bothered to search scriptures for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by alexleo(m): 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
@DrummaBoy,
Well, you may choose to see a tithe preacher as a robber and God will not see him as a robber. And if you see him as a robber while God does not see him as one then no problem. I am not against tithe. What am against is the manner which most pastors go about the tithe thing. For me I don't see the need of churches keeping record of tithe givers or even calling out people during the service to come out and give their tithe. It shouldn't be by compulsion. Some churches don't even see any need hammering on it, which is good. Both the man who compels people to give tithe and the one who compels people to give offering are wrong to me. All should be done as one is led by the spirit of God. What am saying is that there are churches who take tithe just because it is in the scriptures and they are simply doing it in obedience not with the mindset of siphoning money from members. In such churches they don't even consider it as something to preach or disturb people about. Now grouping those innocent pastors as thieves as this other pastors who preach money as if its the only thing in the bible makes even you an accuser of such innocent brethren which is wrong. We need to be careful o. Thanks.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
Goshen360: Well, I have not been opportuned to listen to him that much even though I heard so much about him and his message(s). I do understand, from what I heard about him, he is a true man of God; he might not be perfect or 100% correct in doctrines. As per the questions,

1. I don't know about his tithe doctrines. From what I have read about him on this forum, he doesn't put much pressure on money anyway but as for tithing, I cannot answer for that until I know about it.

2. Like I said, I haven't listened to much of his messages but when I read about him calling out on MFM who conducts deliverance sessions for CHRISTIANS. Brother Gbile called them out and said it was an insult to the finished works of Christ which he is 100% correct and I agree with you, the word of God also testifies to the truth of his words.

Another thing I may want to find out is, if he mixes Grace with the law or balance law with Grace or confuse both. That will be an important thing for me\us to find out. That's what I can say about him for now.

to the highlighted, what is your observation of the above, should we mix them grace and law as per balance, would appreciate your view on that...
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by DrummaBoy(m): 11:40am On Apr 24, 2013
hisblud:

to the highlighted, what is your observation of the above, should we mix them grace and law as per balance, would appreciate your view on that...

Hisblud
You can scan through Goshen "library" and see the topics he's discussed on to find the answer to your question. Goshen is a lucid teacher and I am sure you understand him. Click on his name and it would lead you there. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Image123(m): 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
nl members aligned views, the new improved sharp sharp holy spirit of the Christain.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Goshen360(m): 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
hisblud:

There's nothing like 'balancing' Grace with the law (of Moses). It was never taught by the Apostles that way, the law (of Moses) was said to be CAST out so Grace can find its root. Many are busy casting out demons out of Christians but failing to understand that the real thing to be cast out is the law being mixed with Grace.

Put it is a simple way, Grace and law DON'T MIX TOGETHER NEITHER DO THEY SHARE NOR BALANCE ONE ANOTHER. They're like water and oil that can never mix. You can't be saved by Grace through faith and be living by the ordinances of the law or some of it. Galatians 4:1-end will liberate you or the whole book of Galatians is so power. Study, not read; study it slowly and God will give you insight.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Goshen360:

There's nothing like 'balancing' Grace with the law (of Moses). It was never taught by the Apostles that way, the law (of Moses) was said to be CAST out so Grace can find its root. Many are busy casting out demons out of Christians but failing to understand that the real thing to be cast out is the law being mixed with Grace.

Put it is a simple way, Grace and law DON'T MIX TOGETHER NEITHER DO THEY SHARE NOR BALANCE ONE ANOTHER. They're like water and oil that can never mix. You can't be saved by Grace through faith and be living by the ordinances of the law or some of it. Galatians 4:1-end will liberate you or the whole book of Galatians is so power. Study, not read; study it slowly and God will give you insight.

i like your observation and like what you said, however to the bolded, when you say ORDINANCES, do you mean just the festivities that were ordered under moses only or THE 10 commandments + the festivities?
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Goshen360(m): 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
^ I did a teaching in recently that the 10 commandments were not given special preference than other laws of Moses. Everything given on Sinai is abolished including the 10 commandments. Some say we still suppose to keep the ten but NO, Jesus and the Apostles NEVER refer to them as 10 anymore that they are all fulfilled in ONE NEW COMMANDMENT, LOVE!

It's calling someone a 'servant' of God when Jesus said, "I no longer call you servant but brethren". The law of LOVE is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Also, there is nowhere in scriptures which I have challenged folks here to show us\me where the scriptures specified the 10 as moral and some as ceremonial etc. Absolutely, nowhere in scriptures. So, the ten is PART OF THE FIRST COVENANT that was abolished and done away with.

Now, does that mean, one should kill? Steal? bear false witness etc.....according to the ten commandment? Absolutely NO! These are fulfilled in the NEW COMMANDMENT, LOVE - When you LOVE God & your neighbour or fellow human beings, you will not kill, bear false witness, commit adultery etc etc. That is how the law of LOVE functions.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Image123(m): 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2013
yet Paul was a servant of God, ye do err not knowing the scriptures Gosh.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 26, 2013
Goshen360: ^ I did a teaching in recently that the 10 commandments were not given special preference than other laws of Moses. Everything given on Sinai is abolished including the 10 commandments. Some say we still suppose to keep the ten but NO, Jesus and the Apostles NEVER refer to them as 10 anymore that they are all fulfilled in ONE NEW COMMANDMENT, LOVE!

It's calling someone a 'servant' of God when Jesus said, "I no longer call you servant but brethren". The law of LOVE is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Also, there is nowhere in scriptures which I have challenged folks here to show us\me where the scriptures specified the 10 as moral and some as ceremonial etc. Absolutely, nowhere in scriptures. So, the ten is PART OF THE FIRST COVENANT that was abolished and done away with.

Now, does that mean, one should kill? Steal? bear false witness etc.....according to the ten commandment? Absolutely NO! These are fulfilled in the NEW COMMANDMENT, LOVE - When you LOVE God & your neighbour or fellow human beings, you will not kill, bear false witness, commit adultery etc etc. That is how the law of LOVE functions.

Thanks for that reply. Now since we agree that LOVE is the in thing not trying to follow some rules, my question is do you WILL to LOVE your neighbor as yourself or how...now take for instance, i was a badt boy who engaged in lustful activities [such as self servics, forni-cation etc with women], now that am in Christ, do i also now WILL NOT TO DO those things or how...
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Dotman44: 8:02am On Apr 26, 2013
Goshen360: Well, I have not been opportuned to listen to him that much even though I heard so much about him and his message(s). I do understand, from what I heard about him, he is a true man of God; he might not be perfect or 100% correct in doctrines. As per the questions,

that is my problem with Gbile's message. Issue of grace and law.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by alexleo(m): 9:02am On Apr 26, 2013
Dotman44:

that is my problem with Gbile's message. Issue of grace and law.
How? Pls explain better.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Image123(m): 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
Did Jesus mix grace and law, whatever the jargon means?
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
alexleo:
How? Pls explain better.

if i may chip in, i have once attended one of the LDG in jos and i heard him. One thing i have observed is that in his quest to point to holiness, it all points to what you are doing and not much of HOW the grace of God works in u... and at the end its ALL about me, more about what i can do... that is my observation.
Re: Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings by Goshen360(m): 12:54am On Apr 27, 2013
hisblud:

Thanks for that reply. Now since we agree that LOVE is the in thing not trying to follow some rules, my question is do you WILL to LOVE your neighbor as yourself or how...now take for instance, i was a badt boy who engaged in lustful activities [such as self servics, forni-cation etc with women], now that am in Christ, do i also now WILL NOT TO DO those things or how...

This love is a virtue and one of its features that is given with the NEWLY CREATED MAN IN YOU IN CHRIST IS THAT, IT IS NOT SELFISH. It's the bedrock and fountain on which you GRACIOUSLY DO THE WILL OF THE NEW MASTER, NOT OF THE OLD MAN OR SELF. Read 1 Corinthians 13. By love, you yield to the Grace (new empowerment) not to serve the old nature but the way of the new master being obedient to the word according to the NEW CREATION. When it's new creature, it must not live according to the old ways. Perhaps, I may find time, because of you and some others, I will do some teachings on Grace, hope I find time.

(1) (Reply)

Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? / Surprising Things You Should Know Or Want To Share About The Bible. / I Need Your Prayers And Advice; Deliverance From Near Success Syndrome.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.