Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? (5317 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa And Fake Bank Statements / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by GSIBlog: 6:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
Yes You Can!!!

When it comes to applying for your UK Student visas (either Tier 4 child or adult), you have to have in mind that you must score a wooping 40 points from accessing your documents if your visa must be approved. Anything less will result in your visa application getting DENIED, even a score of 39/40 points!!!! 30 points is for having a valid sponsor as recognized by the UKBA - this is very easy to score! All you need to do in other to score these 30 points, is to apply to a school for admission and ensure that you get an offer which is usually confirmed with the issuance of a CAS number. Once you have this, the next step is how to score your remaining 10 points.

10 points is for demonstrating that you have access to funds that can support you throughout your duration of studies. Now, this is where a lot of visa applicants get DENIED their application specifically because of one or more of the following reasons:
1. Fake bank statement - fictitious bank accounts that do not exist. Paying someone to formulate and print a bank statement for you is as delicate as giving a gun to a lunatic to keep for you...be very careful!!!
2. Excessive Cash lodgement in your bank account - the UK embassy wants to see a progressive building of your account balance. The final amount that will be reported in your statement is expected to be the minimum balance in your bank account for at least 28 days before your visa application. If you deposit a large sum of cash into your bank account just to meet the required amount for your studies, you're most likely not to get the 10 points which will result in you visa being denied.

The main question now is, instead of using any of the above methods which may likely fail you, what then do you do?
QQQQQ - Can you use more than ONE Bank Account statement to show your financial capability?

AAAAA - Yes you can, providing they are all in your name. The currency is of no importance since the UKBA has the ability to convert the currency into GBP values using the exchange rate in real-time. They only want to know that you are capable of supporting yourself without the need to resort to public funds, such as unemployment benefit, housing benefit and other welfare support benefits available to UK ctizens only.

For more information:

2 Likes

Re: Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by justwise(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
GSI Blog: Yes You Can!!!

When it comes to applying for your UK Student visas (either Tier 4 child or adult), you have to have in mind that you must score a wooping 40 points from accessing your documents if your visa must be approved. Anything less will result in your visa application getting DENIED, even a score of 39/40 points!!!! 30 points is for having a valid sponsor as recognized by the UKBA - this is very easy to score! All you need to do in other to score these 30 points, is to apply to a school for admission and ensure that you get an offer which is usually confirmed with the issuance of a CAS number. Once you have this, the next step is how to score your remaining 10 points.

10 points is for demonstrating that you have access to funds that can support you throughout your duration of studies. Now, this is where a lot of visa applicants get DENIED their application specifically because of one or more of the following reasons:
1. Fake bank statement - fictitious bank accounts that do not exist. Paying someone to formulate and print a bank statement for you is as delicate as giving a gun to a lunatic to keep for you...be very careful!!!
2. Excessive Cash lodgement in your bank account - the UK embassy wants to see a progressive building of your account balance. The final amount that will be reported in your statement is expected to be the minimum balance in your bank account for at least 28 days before your visa application. If you deposit a large sum of cash into your bank account just to meet the required amount for your studies, you're most likely not to get the 10 points which will result in you visa being denied.

The main question now is, instead of using any of the above methods which may likely fail you, what then do you do?
QQQQQ - Can you use more than ONE Bank Account statement to show your financial capability?

AAAAA - Yes you can, providing they are all in your name. The currency is of no importance since the UKBA has the ability to convert the currency into GBP values using the exchange rate in real-time. They only want to know that you are capable of supporting yourself without the need to resort to public funds, such as unemployment benefit, housing benefit and other welfare support benefits available to UK ctizens only.

The highlighted parts are not true.

Excessive Cash lodgement got nothing to do with student visa and the account doesn't have to be in your name, an applicant can use his or her parent's bank statement.
Re: Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by GSIBlog: 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
justwise:

The highlighted parts are not true.

Excessive Cash lodgement got nothing to do with student visa and the account doesn't have to be in your name, an applicant can use his or her parent's bank statement.

The highlighted parts are not true? Really? If you've ever applied for a UK student visa before, when was that? I'm not talking about what was applicable even 6 month ago!!! I've got my statistics! About who owns an account, I expect you to know that whoever your sponsor is (i.e. self, parents, government, NGOs, you name it), determines the name in your account statement(s). Well if you don't, sorry about the slip...most of the applicants I interact with are all self-sponsored including myself and I believe there are many more like us out there.
Re: Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
GSI Blog:

The highlighted parts are not true? Really? If you've ever applied for a UK student visa before, when was that? I'm not talking about what was applicable even 6 month ago!!! I've got my statistics! About who owns an account, I expect you to know that whoever your sponsor is (i.e. self, parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, government, NGOs, you name it), determines the name in your account statement(s). Well if you don't, sorry about the slip...most of the applicants I interact with are all self-sponsored including myself and I believe there are many more like us out there.
Justwise is right, the highlighted part is not true. I opened an account in 2012, paid in a total of 8000 POUNDS at once by the way, counted to 28 days and applied. I'm currently in the UK. Depositing in bits over a period of time does not apply to tier 4 visa.
Re: Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by GSIBlog: 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
honey86:
Justwise is right, the highlighted part is not true. I opened an account in 2012, paid in a total of 8000 POUNDS at once by the way, counted to 28 days and applied. I'm currently in the UK. Depositing in bits over a period of time does not apply to tier 4 visa.

Great! Congratulations Honey86! We've got lots of contributors who share their personal experiences on studying in the UK...from finding admission, applying for visa to traveling to and living in the UK.

So, Honey86, do you mind sharing yours with our blog readers? You don't have to worry about being noticed cos you're welcome to share your experience as an anonymous contributor. I'm sure your story will motivate a lot of guys to pursue their dreams.

What do you think? Should we send you our email so you send it to us
Re: Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
GSI Blog:

The highlighted parts are not true? Really? If you've ever applied for a UK student visa before, when was that? I'm not talking about what was applicable even 6 month ago!!! I've got my statistics! About who owns an account, I expect you to know that whoever your sponsor is (i.e. self, parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, government, NGOs, you name it), determines the name in your account statement(s). Well if you don't, sorry about the slip...most of the applicants I interact with are all self-sponsored including myself and I believe there are many more like us out there.

Again the bolded part is wrong, you can't use your brother, sister or your uncle's bank account neither can they sponsor you, they can only transfer the money into your bank account. I don't think you know a lot about the UK student visa rules.

1 Like

Re: Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
GSI Blog:

Great! Congratulations Honey86! We've got lots of contributors who share their personal experiences on studying in the UK...from finding admission, applying for visa to traveling to and living in the UK.

So, Honey86, do you mind sharing yours with our blog readers? You don't have to worry about being noticed cos you're welcome to share your experience as an anonymous contributor. I'm sure your story will motivate a lot of guys to pursue their dreams.

What do you think? Should we send you our email so you send it to us

If you are here to draw nairalanders to your blog then this thread will be gone.
Re: Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by IslandB: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
Hey, I'm not a big fan of bloggers but I think the concept of ur blog is nice - it gives a whole idea about studying abroad and what it takes. Here in nairaland I just read about several pple's opinion about things and it's so interesting especially when there's an argument like this grin grin grin grin.
[quote author=GSI Blog] Yes You Can!!!

Re: Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by Henix(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
space reserved
Re: Can I Use More Than 1 Bank Statements To Apply For A UK Student Visa? by synero74: 2:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
Good day every one. Please I used two bank accounts in my name(both over 28days) for my pof. My Biometrics was on the 7th of the month. A week after the biometrics, I decided to withdraw 1m though the money in the account is still.more that the Pof after withdrawing 1m. Want to ask, if there is no effect on me recieving my Visa

(1) (Reply)

I Nid Description To Tafawa Balewa Square For D Experience. / How Find Cheap Flight Tickets Online - Tips and Tricks I use myself / Update. Who'd Be Kind To Host And Show Me The Way In The US?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.