Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Scar Remover Pls? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scar Remover Pls? (2717 Views)

Pls Help By Advising On How To Get Rid Off Scar After Surgery / Scar Remover Please / Scar Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scar Remover Pls? by 1ndidi2(f): 9:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
Hello People! I Had a. Little bike accident this evening sad now my tomatoe Jos leg is stained.

I'm. Very fair! Tho I've cleaned d wound and all! How do I avoid a scar or reduce it at least?

Thanks.
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by trekkie: 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
Honey and Nutmeg Scar Remover

Another natural tonic is honey and nutmeg scar remover wash. This treatment is meant to help heal the scars caused by skin eruptions, skin accidents, and acne.

To make honey and nutmeg scar remover, combine 1 teaspoon of nutmeg with 1 teaspoon of honey, and mix them together. Apply them to your face and leave them for 20 minutes. Then, rinse it with cool water. Use it twice a week.

hope it helps smiley
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by tpia5: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
why not get it checked at the hospital if its anything serious.

since you dont know if it will scarify, then just wait, and if it does, i guess you'll have to tone or something?

1 Like

Re: Scar Remover Pls? by trekkie: 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
oops! misread your post. to avoid or reduce a scar use olive oil 'cos it's rich in vit e which is good for the skin. (unless it does not agree with your skin, cos anything vit. e darkens the skin of some folks) in which case lemon (not lime) is a better alternative. but one key point is to keep the spot supple with oil cos dry unkempt wounded skin can leave ugly scarring behind. good luck smiley
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by 1ndidi2(f): 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
tpia@:
why not get it checked at the hospital if its anything serious.

since you dont know if it will scarify, then just wait, and if it does, i guess you'll have to tone or something?

From the looks of it,It will! I just wanna Know in advance to give Me some hope.
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by 1ndidi2(f): 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
trekkie: oops! misread your post. to avoid or reduce a scar use olive oil 'cos it's rich in vit e which is good for the skin. (unless it does not agree with your skin, cos anything vit. e darkens the skin of some folks) in which case lemon (not lime) is a better alternative. but one key point is to keep the spot supple with oil cos dry unkempt wounded skin can leave ugly scarring behind. good luck smiley

Thanks! That means I should wait till after it heals before applying d lemon?
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by sassygal(f): 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
just apply honey. it will heal faster and prevent scarring.
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by tpia5: 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
1ndidi2:
From the looks of it,It will! I just wanna Know in advance to give Me some hope.

you might have to go with the other posters on the thread, i have no way of predicting such, beyond having it looked at by a professional.
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by trekkie: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2013
@1ndidi
use the oil (lightly, you don't want to block the pores of your skin)while it is still healing and you may not need the lemon anymore; and yes the lemon is for after the wound has healed and scar tissue forms.

PS
please make sure you buy good quality olive or coconut oil and not "goya" or whatever passes for olive oil;so you'll get the desired result.

cheers smiley
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by 1ndidi2(f): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2013
trekkie: @1ndidi
use the oil (lightly, you don't want to block the pores of your skin)while it is still healing and you may not need the lemon anymore; and yes the lemon is for after the wound has healed and scar tissue forms.

PS
please make sure you buy good quality olive or coconut oil and not "goya" or whatever passes for olive oil;so you'll get the desired result.

cheers smiley

Oh thanks much! Ill do that.
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by trekkie: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2013
you are welcome and sorry about the accident. sad
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by 1ndidi2(f): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
trekkie: you are welcome and sorry about the accident. sad
:Dthanks dear,hopefully ill show u a before. And after pic of the leg!!
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by oln: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2013
Trekkie,pls wht kind of lemon are you talking about(lemon fruit or is it a cream that has elements of lemon in it)Please I have a scar iv been trying to get rid of but its still soo obvious and has more or less formed into a keloid
Re: Scar Remover Pls? by trekkie: 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
the fruit. hope it helps.

(1) (Reply)

Best Scalp Micropigmentation At Cheap Hairline Tattoo Cost In NC / Facts About Breast Augmentation / Why ‘nipple Play’ Is All One In Three Women Need To ORGASM, Claims Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.