Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,155 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Scar Removal - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scar Removal (12704 Views)

What Can I Use To Remove Or Reduce The Scar On My Face?(photo) / Pls Help By Advising On How To Get Rid Off Scar After Surgery / 7 Pimple Scar Removal Techniques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scar Removal by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2008
Hello Guys,
Please i need an advice on how to remove some lil scars on my face, the place was stitched when i had an accident about 4 years ago. My Uncle said it would remove by it'self with time, so i didn't take it serious to apply any medicine.
Please would like to know if it can be removed and with what? I'm curious to know
Thanks alot and any information would highly be appreciated
Re: Scar Removal by kathyekiti: 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2008
You could use a silicone based gel such as kelocote. It takes a while but it will improve the appearance of the scar
Re: Scar Removal by kufreabasi(m): 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2008
i can only give you the link for you to go through it
http://www.medicinenet.com/medications/article.htm
Re: Scar Removal by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2008
thanks alot Kathyekiti and kufreabasi.

Kufreabasi i visited the link you gave me but i couldn't understand what was going on there. So many articles and drug names, so i was wandering what exactly to get from the link, couldn't identify a particular drug. Please explain in details. Thanks
Re: Scar Removal by spikedcylinder: 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2008
I hear Palmer's Shea Butter Scar Serum is very good. I plan to try it out.
Re: Scar Removal by fyneboye(m): 11:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
How to Remove Scars
By GENUINEfacts Fashion, Style & Personal Care Editor

Rate: (1 Ratings)

Scars can sometimes be an embarrassing part of your body, especially if they are in a very noticeable place, such as your face. While it is very difficult to remove a scar completely, you can greatly reduce its appearance with some time patience and dedication.

INSTRUCTIONS.

STEP1
Decide whether you want to use a non-surgical method or a surgical method. While a surgical method of removing scars will certainly be more effective, it will also be more expensive. You can always save surgical methods as a last resort. When using topical scar removal or reduction treatments, you must follow the application instructions on the package faithfully for the products to work.

Step2
Know what ingredients you should look for when shopping for an over-the-counter scar-reduction product. Onion extract is an anti-inflammatory that seems to prevent too much collagen production in the scar. Collagen is a protein that makes up the majority of scar tissue.

Step3
Look for a product with silicone. You can find this in a gel or in a sheet that you apply to the skin and hold in place with medical tape. While researchers don't know the reason why silicone helps to fade scars, you will probably see results over time.

Step4
Find a product that contains alpha-hydroxy acids. This ingredient helps to exfoliate the skin and remove the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. It is advisable that you use the lowest concentration of alpha-hydroxy acids available on scar tissue.

Step5
Keep the area moisturized at all times. You may find that a very strong moisturizer, such as cocoa butter, will work the best. Moisturizer will promote skin health and elasticity, which will help the scar smooth out.
Step6Consider surgical treatments if you have tried topical treatments for a year, with unacceptable results. Laser treatments in addition to collagen and steroid injections can sometimes help improve the appearance of stubborn or very large scars.
[b] For mor informations contact;
Genuinefacts@yahoo.com
Re: Scar Removal by Model01: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2008
use bio-oil!!!!
I used it for the shaving scars on my legs and they are almost invisible now!
It is not a skin lightening cream so it won't damage your skin. In fact it claims to reverse damage done from skin lightening.
Re: Scar Removal by perfectbuy(m): 11:46am On Dec 10, 2011
Is there any laser treatment center in Lagos?
Re: Scar Removal by muyiwanami: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2012
Can someone tell me,where to get any surgeon that could work on my scar and where to get all this treatment that is being mentioned above?or pls send me an email to MUYIWANAMI@YAHOO.COM..- need this urgently
Re: Scar Removal by lollarj(f): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2013
spikedcylinder: I hear Palmer's Shea Butter Scar Serum is very good. I plan to try it out.

This is better and cheaper, I actually used it after I fell off my bike and hit my chin

Here: http://smub.it/mqui
Re: Scar Removal by Kezifils(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2014
Pls refer me to any surgical expert for removing scars if anyone got the idea. Got no time to delay by applying cream dat mite or nt work. Thanks
Re: Scar Removal by chiboy11(m): 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2015
Dis u end up geting a contact,plss gve me,my cousin ned a surgical scar dooctor too plss
Kezifils:
Pls refer me to any surgical expert for removing scars if anyone got the idea. Got no time to delay by applying cream dat mite or nt work. Thanks
Re: Scar Removal by Larry29(m): 12:13am On Oct 06, 2016
Have you tried silicone gel sheeting medically proven to prevent hypertrophic scars post surgery and used by plastic surgeons in Keloid management.
Call 08116309062 for XERAGEL SILICONE OINTMENT or Epi-Derm silicone sheet.
These product(brand) is well used by plastic surgeons.

Hope this information helps

(1) (Reply)

The Shame Of Abuja School Toilets(pictured) / 2016 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Lounge / Johesu’s Claims Against Doctors In Nigeria; A Case Of Historic Amnesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.