Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman (9322 Views)

Warri Conflict, Bloodshed Changed My Writings —efemena, Uk-based Writer / NEMA Spokeman Loses Position For Criticising Okonjo-Iweala / Boko Haram Spokeman - Nigeria Belongs To ALLAH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by masu: 11:22am On Apr 23, 2013
Yorubas should be very careful becaus there actions is putin them in bad light to we minority.

Why is it only yorubas fulanis and hausas that is crying fowl about ibos nepotism?

Why not we the minorities after many years of nepotism from yorubas fulanis and hausas against us.

1 Like

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by OdionOdion: 11:26am On Apr 23, 2013
Gani, Beko-Kute,Soyinka,Solarin and the like can never be faulted as being ethnic/religious bigots.They critised OBJ as military later and as civilian leader more than any group even though OBJ is one of them.Most of the critics of GEJ administration are doing so for tribal/religious/political sentiments unlike the aforementioned social crusaders
from the west.Okonjo-Iweala is from Ogwashuku,an Anioma worthy lady from Delta State,though married to an Abia state man cannot be accussed of favouurig IGBOS.By the way social critics do not work for govt.Nigeria belong to all of us Hausa Igbo Edo Urhobo Ikwerre Ikas Okrika Fulani Yorubas;Christians muslims and pagans.The North Hausa/Fulanis MUST stop fighting the rest of us.Nigeria is not the copy right property of Hausa/Fulani Moslems
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 23, 2013
H mm...i feel for him big time but he should also know as a civil servant what he did is against the principle of neutrality and hierarchy. There are better ways of expressing your opinions, get your facts right first before using the pen. Any way, so much remorse in his write up this time which shows he knows he bleeped up but least expected they would take it that far on him. But he should know that this is not the right time to write things without facts first because the opposition are currently looking for anything to kill the government he works for everyday.

1 Like

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by kulo: 11:42am On Apr 23, 2013
shame on Minister ongozi and her tribalistic behaviours, she want to become an iron lady like other women in the world. keep on writing your opinion and expose all the bad eggs in the Nigerian Government. can you imagine 40 years old lady as Director-General PENCOM...No No No Ongozi please behave your self

1 Like

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Fantacy1(m): 11:54am On Apr 23, 2013
Wuse2: Who d hell Okonjo thinks she is
She is d finance/co-ordinating minister of 9jas economy, a world class woman if nt d greatest black woman presently living. A position d women in ur intire lineage cld nt atain. Hope dat answers ur question?
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by dgitrader(m): 12:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
Sanusi Lamido defends Okonjo-Iweala in Washington over allegations of tribalism

by Solomon Osadolo

At a media chat in Washington DC on Sunday by the Nigeria Economic Team, the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi forcefully condemned the allegations by some Northern politicians, that the minister of finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, is pursuing an ethnic agenda

This is what Sanusi Lamido Sanusi had to say;

”I cant understand these people, I was the one who came to Washington DC and got in touch with Mustapher Chike-Obi who was in New York to come and head AMCON. I took it upon myself to search for him because when we were at Kings College he was one of the most brilliant chaps that school has ever produced and while at Goldman Sachs, he excelled. He is world class, so I decided to bring him back to use his wealth of experience in Investment Banking to serve his fatherland. Ngozi has nothing to do with this.

“On Kingsley Muoghalu who is one of my Deputies at CBN. I also went to London to poach him, the guy is good,he knows his onions, and I don’t care which part of Nigeria he comes from. This was done even before Ngozi joined the government, so how can she be responsible for this.

“Nigeria is becoming such an interesting place that anything anyone does, must have an ethnic colouration or a hidden ethnic agenda. People do not understand what diversity means.”

On her part, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said that of all those appointments they are accusing her of influencing, only two was approved during her tenure as Finance Minister, others have either been appointed or has the process of their approval endorsed by the government before she joined this government. And on those two that were approved, the process were handled by the respective Permanent Secretaries on the order of the President.

On the sacking of the NEMA spokesperson who was used to start all this, she said she has no hand in that. That there are standing civil service rules every civil servant must abide with and you don’t work for government and at the same time using your position to attack the same government openly when there are available channels to address your misgivings.

According to her, Shuaibu’s superiors simply followed laid down rules, a comment that former Minister of Finance and presently Nigeria’s Executive Director at the World Bank, Mansur Mukthar agreed with.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[size=30pt]CASE CLOSED. FOLKS, WE ARE ONE BIG FAMILY, STOP BASHING AND STOP HATING[/size].

3 Likes

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Policewoman(f): 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
He is lucky. What he wrote is sedition and he deserves a jail term in addition to the sack.

3 Likes

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by brown3: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
she is the prime minister of Nigeria.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Policewoman(f): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
masu: The guy is in hurry to present himself as a clean hearted man after he has played a tribal game.

I dont defend ibos eventhough i will like to. I must say that ibos has tolerated yorubas bashing in the federal enough.

Yorubas need to learn and stop their ibo this ibo that in the federal because ibos themself are not into such games against yorubas in the federal.
GBAM!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
masu: Yorubas should be very careful becaus there actions is putin them in bad light to we minority.

Why is it only yorubas fulanis and hausas that is crying fowl about ibos nepotism?

Why not we the minorities after many years of nepotism from yorubas fulanis and hausas against us.

Brother I tell you, we Minorities are now seeing the games Yorubas have been playing on Us ...Time will tell
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Fishout(m): 12:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
masu: The guy is in hurry to present himself as a clean hearted man after he has played a tribal game.

I dont defend ibos eventhough i will like to. I must say that ibos has tolerated yorubas bashing in the federal enough.

Yorubas need to learn and stop their ibo this ibo that in the federal because ibos themself are not into such games against yorubas in the federal.
What are u saying?what concern Yorubas about d statement.if u dont have any meaningful words to contribute, is better to stop fulkin mouth.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by brown3: 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
paragonpro: Africans and Nigerians generally have a huge egocentric problem. When want our egos to be massaged regularly like a person with a masturbati0n addiction, it provides the same euphoric orgasmic feeling.

Why should a whole coordinating minister of the economy waste so much about the opinion of 1 person. It is even preposterous that the person is victimized for that opinion. No wonder "0ga at the top" syndrome pervades our work ethics and defines career progress, because every employee is not allowed to express a personal opinion but to ape or second guess the opinions of the boss.

The most honourable and sensible thing to to was for madam world bank to write a rejoiner disputing the opinion of the writer/accuser and people will see the follies in the accuser's argument.

NOI did did d right thing by laying him off his job. This wil stop other potential tribalist from making such comment. Why did him comment on security angency most especialy custom where 70% re northers.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Dreal1247: 1:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
peekayo:

Shame on the minister as well, the earlier people in authority learn to tolerate criticism the better.
So she has to tolerate what led to the sack Oduah. Even Gen Paul Dike was also facing the same problem because he effected promotions on nothing but merit.
The person equally needs to be charged for such a misleading write up so that others have to learn from him.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by maasoap(m): 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
mekaboy:

The same tribal agenda that keshi was accused of abi?

Bring your evidence on Board. a suspect is innocent until proven guilty.
Was Keshi not a tribalist? The fact that he won African Cup of Nation doesn't mean he wasn't a tribalist.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Dreal1247: 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
dgitrader: Sanusi Lamido defends Okonjo-Iweala in Washington over allegations of tribalism

by Solomon Osadolo

At a media chat in Washington DC on Sunday by the Nigeria Economic Team, the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi forcefully condemned the allegations by some Northern politicians, that the minister of finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, is pursuing an ethnic agenda

This is what Sanusi Lamido Sanusi had to say;

”I cant understand these people, I was the one who came to Washington DC and got in touch with Mustapher Chike-Obi who was in New York to come and head AMCON. I took it upon myself to search for him because when we were at Kings College he was one of the most brilliant chaps that school has ever produced and while at Goldman Sachs, he excelled. He is world class, so I decided to bring him back to use his wealth of experience in Investment Banking to serve his fatherland. Ngozi has nothing to do with this.

“On Kingsley Muoghalu who is one of my Deputies at CBN. I also went to London to poach him, the guy is good,he knows his onions, and I don’t care which part of Nigeria he comes from. This was done even before Ngozi joined the government, so how can she be responsible for this.

“Nigeria is becoming such an interesting place that anything anyone does, must have an ethnic colouration or a hidden ethnic agenda. People do not understand what diversity means.”

On her part, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said that of all those appointments they are accusing her of influencing, only two was approved during her tenure as Finance Minister, others have either been appointed or has the process of their approval endorsed by the government before she joined this government. And on those two that were approved, the process were handled by the respective Permanent Secretaries on the order of the President.

On the sacking of the NEMA spokesperson who was used to start all this, she said she has no hand in that. That there are standing civil service rules every civil servant must abide with and you don’t work for government and at the same time using your position to attack the same government openly when there are available channels to address your misgivings.

According to her, Shuaibu’s superiors simply followed laid down rules, a comment that former Minister of Finance and presently Nigeria’s Executive Director at the World Bank, Mansur Mukthar agreed with.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[size=30pt]CASE CLOSED. FOLKS, WE ARE ONE BIG FAMILY, STOP BASHING AND STOP HATING[/size].
Well done job SLS. He only every other Nigerian can follow what u av just done, i tell u, Nigeria will b better than USA. Unfortunately tribalism is eating deep into the nation. Those that suppose to fight it are championgog it. IF AS A NATION, TRIBALISM DOES NOT ALLOW US TO MOVE FOREWARE, I DONT THINK WHEN DIVIDED WE CAN STILL MOVE. LETS DESTROY TRIBALISM B4 IT DESTROYS US. 1 NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by maasoap(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
God is with you bro.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by maasoap(m): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
OdionOdion: Gani, Beko-Kute,Soyinka,Solarin and the like can never be faulted as being ethnic/religious bigots.They critised OBJ as military later and as civilian leader more than any group even though OBJ is one of them.Most of the critics of GEJ administration are doing so for tribal/religious/political sentiments unlike the aforementioned social crusaders
from the west.Okonjo-Iweala is from Ogwashuku,an Anioma worthy lady from Delta State,though married to an Abia state man cannot be accussed of favouurig IGBOS.By the way social critics do not work for govt.Nigeria belong to all of us Hausa Igbo Edo Urhobo Ikwerre Ikas Okrika Fulani Yorubas;Christians muslims and pagans.The North Hausa/Fulanis MUST stop fighting the rest of us.Nigeria is not the copy right property of Hausa/Fulani Moslems

And if Soyinka criticize Uncle Jona today, won't you still accuse him of tribalism because we have seen it before?
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by ZeusI: 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
A nonentity will never knowcheesy

1 Like

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Dreal1247: 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
maasoap: Was Keshi not a tribalist?
Proove it urself.
The fact that he won African Cup of Nation doesn't mean he wasn't a tribalist.
Try to be a bit logical a little. Winning the AFCON shows that he used the best set of players. If he made his choices based on federal character, they might not reach the semi final stage. I still stand to be corrected.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by ZeusI: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
But, did Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala sack this guy? Did Shuaibu, or whatever his name is, write that she sacked him? Why do acclaimed literate class(which forms the majority in the southern region) in Nigeria the most myopic? Having no brain to comprehend the slightest reason behind actions, instead, they are swayed to and fro while those doing the swaying are the so called illiterates. The world is controlled by a bunch of bold illiterates who employ the selected but myopic literate ones to cover their(illiterate) tracks. I now see why professors are limited to academic institutions, and lawyers to interpreting the law made by uneducated but distinguished Senators. So rogues now directs the affairs of this country because our pack of feckless graduates are brainless....i de laughcheesy

1 Like

Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by mekaboy(m): 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
maasoap: Was Keshi not a tribalist? The fact that he won African Cup of Nation doesn't mean he wasn't a tribalist.

After how many years Nigeria never carry cup, even a yoruba singer said super eagles no dey reach final. If the domination of igbos in the eagles brought back the glory, don't you think igbos should dominate every part of govt to bring the glory back to the country?
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by EasternLeopard: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
In 1966 people like shaibu raise false alarm that Igbos were taking over d civil service. This ignited an anti-Igbo feelings which caused 30000 deaths. So Ngozi Okonjo who witnessed d horror is doing her people d favour of stopping d evil anti-Igbo propaganda mouthpiece. Thanks NOI
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by alexchiny: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dreal1247: .
Try to be a bit logical a little. Winning the AFCON shows that he used the best set of players. If he made his choices based on federal character, they might not reach the semi final stage. I still stand to be corrected.

Telling that dude to be logical is like telling a rabbit to grow some wings. Dude is as daft as they come.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by zakkyboy: 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
kulo: shame on Minister ongozi and her tribalistic behaviours, she want to become an iron lady like other women in the world. keep on writing your opinion and expose all the bad eggs in the Nigerian Government. can you imagine 40 years old lady as Director-General PENCOM...No No No Ongozi please behave your self

DUMB COMMENT!
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by AnanseK(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
EasternLeopard: In 1966 people like shaibu raise false alarm that Igbos were taking over d civil service. This ignited an anti-Igbo feelings which caused 30000 deaths. So Ngozi Okonjo who witnessed d horror is doing her people d favour of stopping d evil anti-Igbo propaganda mouthpiece. Thanks NOI

Anti- Igbo feeling was caused by the Igbo genocidal coup when they selected and killed non- Igbo officers inn the Nigerian army and senior ranking non igbo leaders of the country. The first ever military coup in the country and the bloodiest.. We have not yet recovered from it and they now want to take away every government job and give to their kith and kin. They never learn. The damage that immigration woman did was unimaginable.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by softangel(m): 1:06am On Apr 24, 2013
inaluf:

It is dip and not deep.

Shame on you too.

grin grin grin Critic.
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Horlardorjah(m): 7:06am On Apr 24, 2013
Shuabu, u did a great job. Is dere any1 in power dat has not bin criticized either destructively or constructively.
I bliv Madam minister just made it know to us dat d content of d write up are real with her action .
If our leaders want to move us forward, they shud xpect we populace to criticize & learn to handle it
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by BetaThings: 7:13am On Apr 24, 2013
masu: We the middlebelt and ibos and niger deltans were the people that are short changed in the national appointments.

So if there is anyone to complain about tribalism it should be MB , Ibos and niger deltans.

Fulani/hausas and yorubas have sink this nation into tribalism and they have been enjoying it this far.

Next time he points finger against any tribe he sjoild make sure his is clean.

Middlebelt ruled this country from 1967 - 1975, ie 9 years
Re: My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 24, 2013
Shuaibu is such a funny character.I wish i possess his 'writing artistry', i would have used it more wisely and realistically.In Nigeria u jostle and wish your kinsmen the highest possible position in the helm of affair be it president,governatorial,ministerial position etc.But why?Hear this;
In Nigeria it is a normal trend that if any of my kinsmen is there he will promotes his fellow kinsmen and u know it.Most tribes have mastered this trend.She is doing what she ought to do.Atleast she feel more protected working in the midst of her people -SAFETY FIRST.
Dont sound like an hypocrite.
D questioo we should be asking ourselve is if she is delivering effectively of which to best of my knowledge she is.
WAKE UP FROM UR SLUMBER!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Visits Victims Of New Haven Fire Outbreak / Amb. Bolere Ketebu Memorial Service: Husband, Ex-Minister, Others Mourn (Photos) / How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.