Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion (13507 Views)

Omosede Igbinedion Empowers Women With Sewing Machines & Cash - Photos / Fayose Apologises To Oshiomhole, Warns Aides Against Insulting People / Oshiomhole Warns Petroleum Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by sagaciousblog: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
LADI_baba:

Esama you mean a.k.a the richest man in Benin kingdom and also the enemy of the Oba of Benin...
THE ESAMA IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THE RICHEST MAN IN BENIN BUT MAYBE IN OKADA SHA

3 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Oahray: 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
gysl1973:

Ogbebor, what your point?
if you do not get it, I cannot help you to. Sorry Boxer.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by banky222: 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
Oshomhole is just trying to divert peoples attention from the fake LG elections held in Edo.when Igbinedion was figthing for him and giving money to foot his campaigns and court case, he did not call the chief names. He is now a rascal because he has gone back to pdp. What about d ACNlegislator who was arrested in Auchi with pop action? Oshomhole once
threatened to buldoze bob izua's house saying that it was an illegal structure but when he crossed to his party, the issue was forgotten. If igbinedion move to his camp all this stories will be forgotten
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by drnoel: 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
spiritfada: Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole on Monday  warned the  Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, to stop undermining state laws.

Oshiomhole, at the inauguration  of 14 newly elected local government chairmen  in Benin,   said government had  the capacity and the will to contain Igbinedion's excesses.

He also asked the state Independent Electoral Commission to tender unreserved apology to the people of the state for the lapses recorded in the local government election held on Saturday.

He said, "There is evidence that he (Igbinedion) has undermined the prosperity of the state for a very long time. Those who live in glass houses do not throw stones.

"I want to send a warning to Chief Igbinedion that he should take it easy;  he has acquired a lot of government land that the people have not engaged him on. He walks as if he is above the law. He was a chief tax collector in this state, pocketing 25 to 30 per cent of every kobo that accrued while his son was the governor.

"I have not looked back because my mandate is to look forward. I want to put him on notice that if he continues with elderly rascality, I will bring him to justice.

"He must never ever underestimate the fact that I have the will and I have the capacity to deploy that will; if he crosses the law, he will be cut to size.

"Elders must teach the younger ones to behave responsibly.

The governor berated Igbinedion over his alleged conduct on election day on Saturday in Okada.

"You heard how he is using ITV in a very reckless manner, in clear breach of the NBC code. He reduced himself as a high chief,  leaving where he is registered to vote and going all the way to Okada on a day movement was restricted across the state.

"He got to Okada and illegally used mobile policemen to walk on the street; going to the police station where sensitive election materials were  kept  in order to vandalise the sensitive electoral materials to ensure elections did not take place.

"If he misleads himself into believing that he has the birth right to continue to appropriate and  privatise the resources of Edo State, he is living in a fool's paradise."

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/oshiomhole-warns-igbinedion-against-elderly-rascality/
What bullshit is this. So the governor knows the man has done a lot of crimes and he is keeping his mouth shot. What is wrong with this country? If u have evidence against him, then bring it out. Make him pay and vomit the people's money he has eaten. People are hungry and dying.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Melahou(m): 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
Oshiomole take it easy ooooo
else what hapened with the 3 wise men in 2012
may hapen to you ooooo
anyway am sure you must have fortified yourself wella.
cos wen you see a rat doin acrobat in front of a cat hmmmmm....no there`s a nearby hole
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by banky222: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
My point is that they are all thesame.pdp,ACNorAPCno difference they are just playing with the massess. If oshbaba should seize any state property from igbinedion, it will also end in d hands of another politician who is loyal
to him.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Oahray: 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2013
banky222: Oshomhole is just trying to divert peoples attention from the fake LG elections held in Edo.when Igbinedion was figthing for him and giving money to foot his campaigns and court case, he did not call the chief names. He is now a rascal because he has gone back to pdp. What about d ACNlegislator who was arrested in Auchi with pop action? Oshomhole once
threatened to buldoze bob izua's house saying that it was an illegal structure but when he crossed to his party, the issue was forgotten. If igbinedion move to his camp all this stories will be forgotten

my point exactly. Oshiomhole is just another cunning, media-wise politician with a smooth tongue and a huge fan base. Even lied about his age and certificates. Politicians are basically the same, and ACN is just as bad as PDP. With the capacity to be even worse.

1 Like

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by mercato: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju: See as Oshiomole dey rubbish a whole Oba of Benin!!!

Ehn no dey fear face?!

make Oba no wound am o!!
The Esama of benin chief igbinedion is not the oba of benin.pls getyour facts right
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
power vs power.. yu are truly covered this man, but by who?
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by tonididdy(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
yuzedo: LOL @ "Elderly Rascality".. grin grin

But if Oshiomhole has all these evidences against that @#$%&*?! why hasn't he done what he swore under oath to do as the custodian of Edo states' laws and commonwealth?! Of a truth, some animals are more equal than others, and Esama is such an animal! grin

Lets call a spade a spade, the Esama has fallen from the graces of the powers that be, including and ESPECIALLY the Oba of Benin, and that is why Oshiomhole can afford to snarl and bark like a pitbull on a leash.
he said NO GOING back...the deed has being done.time to move FORWARD BUT these elderly rascals shouldnt INTERFERE with his GOVERNMENT
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by promzy555(m): 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
orn 50years ago to the family of late Alfred Oladipo Adewale of fragrant memories and Iyalode Susannah Adewale, who hails from a royal family in Ilaro Yewa South Local Government Headquarters of Ogun State. Segun Adewale the first child of the family started his primary school career at St James Anglican Primary School Benin City. A bright and cheerful Segun would later leave his peers behind in primary five after his brilliant performance at the common entrance examination and his eventual admission into Eghosa Grammar School in Benin City.
One year later, work saw the family of Sir Alfred Oladipo Adewale shifting base back to Ibadan after a long sojourn in Benin City Segun's parents were not in any way ready to risk leaving the young lad in Benin City to continue his post primary education. Instead he had to join his family to relocate to Ibadan. Segun was later to complete his secondary school in Ibadan Boys High School Oke Bola, Ibadan.

Segun Adewale grew up to become a lover of arts, he was very creative and wanted to be a fine artist, but he would soon realise that the dream of becoming a fine artist in the likes of Picaso, Ben Ewonwu etc, may not become reality when for three consecutive times he sat for the school leaving certificate examination and for three times his fine art result was withheld.

Segun would later find fulfillment in other areas of life when he was admitted into the then Ogun State Polytechnic Abeokuta (now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic) for his Advanced Level Certificate in 1983. Still with the drive to explore arts in other areas, he got admission two years later to study Mass Communication in the same institution.

Segun Adewale during his seven years stay at the institution, became a house hold name who distinguished himself in all areas of endeavour. He was a footballer who represented the institution at NIPOGA games. An active participant in the students union activities at that time; he was also member of various clubs and societies. Dis is d man we all shuld be prayin 4. U can chat with him, his pin:24E4C79C
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by basadenet: 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
The same treatment he melted to the
banky222: Oshomhole is just trying to divert peoples attention from the fake LG elections held in Edo.when Igbinedion was figthing for him and giving money to foot his campaigns and court case, he did not call the chief names. He is now a rascal because he has gone back to pdp. What about d ACNlegislator who was arrested in Auchi with pop action? Oshomhole once

same will be melted to him when he too is old.

You are 100% right, Oshiomole is using diversionary tactics to legalized is illegal LG election. the election has been adjudged not to be free and fair. And the Governor no practice what he preaches.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by obongtunji: 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
pro01: The same Igbinedion whose son - Lucky - financed Oshiomhole's first election and subsequent legal battles (with ill-gotten money)?

There is a thin line between courage and effrontery, so I wouldn't be too quick to congratulate Oshiomhole for this fiery speech. I'm not convinced that the governor's new war against the Igbinedion clan is borne out of concern for the Edo populace, as opposed to strategic political considerations for his own personal gain.

I never knew you were there when lucky was financing oshiomhole's first election and I guess that was the reason the election was rigged in favour of lucky's candidate osunbor.......lop
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by ayewosa(m): 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2013

Ehn no dey fear face?!

make Oba no wound am o!!

Esama of benin (chief igbinedion) is not the Oba of Benin. Get that straight now before causing problem here.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by gysl1973: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
bushwailo:
He is not the Oba of Benin.
He is even more powerful that the Oba of Benin.

The dog when e won loss e no dey hear master whistle, singing in the voice of maleke, my friend you are playing a bit you cannot dance to, watch it before you embark on journey of no return

the gods r wise

1 Like

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by tonididdy(m): 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
the igbinedion owned tv station (I T V) was TOTALLY BIASED AND UNFAIR in its coverage of the EDSLG elections.i couldnt watch the station cos all they showed was violence and 'staged' irregularities.
MEANWHILE other tv stations in the state like AIT, EBS were collecting election data and results from their field presenters.
Its only a matter of time before EDO STATE WILL BE A FRESH HAVEN under my comrade governor.
i also want to use this medium to congratulate ACN and EDO people on the succesful elections held in the state.congrats too to the elected chairmen.
ACN IS HERE TO STAY IN EDO STATE....HATERS CAN./..
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Oahray: 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
obongtunji:

I never knew you were there when lucky was financing oshiomhole's first election and I guess that was the reason the election was rigged in favour of lucky's candidate osunbor.......lop
say what you know. Osunbor wasn't Lucky's candidate. Lucky and his dad rebelliously switched support to Oshiomhole before his first election. Osunbor was Obj's choice and Anenih had Ugbesia step down for him.

Just like several other people, you do not know that Oshiomhole's open condemnation of godfatherism is part of the theatrics, just as his condemnation of electoral malpractice. It does not change the fact that Igbinedion supported and financed his political move, neither does it change the fact that his ACN connived with EDSIEC to shamelessly rig the recent LG elections, something he used to accuse PDP of all the time.

1 Like

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by jidewin(m): 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
grin Opari grin...as Yoruba people go talk am.Finally Oshiomole put the old man where e belong for public.Igbinedion na true rascal walai.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by gysl1973: 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2013

If this your accusations are true, its normal everywhere people must sponsor people in politics, but thank God he is not remitting tax payers money to the "igbenedion" unlike the way the same igbenedion and Osunbor was banking tax payers money with the old man "God father" in Uromi for complete 9 years
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by gysl1973: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
Oahray: say what you know. Osunbor wasn't Lucky's candidate. Lucky and his dad rebelliously switched support to Oshiomhole before his first election. Osunbor was Obj's choice and Anenih had Ugbesia step down for him.

Just like several other people, you do not know that Oshiomhole's open condemnation of godfatherism is part of the theatrics, just as his condemnation of electoral malpractice. It does not change the fact that Igbinedion supported and financed his political move, neither does it change the fact that his ACN connived with EDSIEC to shamelessly rig the recent LG elections, something he used to accuse PDP of all the time.

Thank God you admit PDP are chief riggers, very sorry bro, PDP has to remain in opposition for ever in edo state, they had their chances but choose to use it to develop annenihs bank account forgetting the citizens has the power to decide who governs them
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Omen100(m): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
obongtunji:

YOU DEY MIND THE RAM angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
obongtunji:

Osunbor was Anenih's 'candidate', after the roforofo involving Elder Ugbesia. Lucky had nothing to do with Osunbor's candidacy.

No be by watching NTA 9.00pm network news dem dey sabi wetin dey happen for Naija politics.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Oahray: 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
gysl1973:

Thanks God you admit PDP are chief riggers, very sorry bro, PDP has to remain in opposition for ever in edo state, they had their chances but choose to use it to develop annenihs bank account forgetting the citizens has the power to decide who governs them
There's no such thing as small criminal. All riggers are criminally minded. It's really not my business who comes in. What sucks is how Oshiomhole does not practise what he preaches and still manages to blame others for it. Just like PDP, ACN is pathetic and full of liars, thieves and cheats. Choose for yourself who the 'better devil' is.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Oahray: 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
pro01:

Osunbor was Anenih's 'candidate', after the roforofo involving Elder Ugesia. Lucky had nothing to do with Osunbor's candidacy.

No be by watching NTA 9.00pm network news dem dey sabi wetin dey happen for Naija politics.
no mind am, relying on bus talk for info.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
Oahray: say what you know. Osunbor wasn't Lucky's candidate. Lucky and his dad rebelliously switched support to Oshiomhole before his first election. Osunbor was Obj's choice and Anenih had Ugbesia step down for him.

Thank you ojare. Too many chewing-gum kiddies in this forum commenting on what they know nothing about.

Like I suggested in my first post, Oshiomhole's fiery theatrics would not impress me because we are not sure that it is in the interest of the Edo people rather than in furtherance of his own political interests.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Omen100(m): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
pro01:

Since some of you are obsessed with "source" for every information revealed in this forum, try to manage this one, evenb though I KNOW it is a fact, and we don't need any source to tell us what is an open secret in political circles.

The cold war between Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state and Gabriel Igbinedion degenerates into uncertainty
By Walid Ogunseri, Benin City

In 2007, Gabriel Igbinedion, the Esama of Benin Kingdom and his son, Lucky Igbinedion, who was then the governor of Edo state, threw their weight behind Adams Oshiomhole to become Governor of the State. It was alleged that Lucky Igbinedion spent a huge sum of the state’s resources to finance part of Oshiomhole’s election. But half way into the administration of Oshiomhole, he fell apart with the Esama, a situation which was not palatable to his son, Lucky Igbinedion.It was from that time, the Esama decided to withdraw his support for the governor.

Investigations revealed that the relationship between the Esama and the governor became further strained when the hieracy of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) at the national level stormed the Esama’s palatial residence and solicited his support for the 2012 governorship election. The PDP leaders pleaded with the Esama to fully throw his weight behind the party’s guber national candidate, Charles Airhiavbere a retired General and this the Esama agreed to and started to campaign openly for. In some cases, the Esama campaigned openly for him, especially at Okada, the hometown of the Esama. This did not go down with the Oshiomhole who it was learnt vowed to deal squarely with the Esama if he wins re-election. Governor eventually won the election and after he was sworn in, he allegedly sat down to perfect his plan to deal with the Esama as he had earlier threatened.

Oshiomhole swung into action and directed that the Esama- owned Independent Television and Radio be closed. On the day the closure of the station was to be carried out, in a commando style, fierce – looking, heavily armed mobile policemen stormed the broadcasting station at Iguosa in the outskirts of Benin at about 6 a.m. without any court order and drove away staffers from the studio and sealed the building, thereby bringing transmission to an abrupt stop.

The policemen did not stop there; they went straight to the corporate headquarters of the Independent Television/Radio and chased out the staffers before sealing off the building along the busy Airport road in Benin City, the state capital. The government came out with the excuse that the Broadcasting outfit was shut because of its inability to pay accumulated tax. It was learnt that the said tax was already being challenged in court as at the time the station and its corporate headquarters were abruptly sealed up. Just as the closure of the broadcast outfit was was greeted with condemnation by the public, the State House of Assembly perfected a bill for the payment of taxes.

It was learnt that the bill was secretly sponsored by the governor in order to deal with the Esama.This was further confirmed when protesting youths stormed the House of Assembly to challenge the passage of the bill, which they described as draconian.
Speaking to the angry youths, majority leader of the House Philip Shuaibu, spoke the governor’s mind claiming that the bill was not meant for the poor, but for people like the Esama of Benin Kingdom who has a house from one end of the street to the other and a very big hotel, which is not in operation. Shuaibu stated that the bill was meant for people like the Esama and not the protesting youths.
Speaker of the state House of Assembly Uyi Igbe assured the protesting youths that there would be a public hearing before the bill would be formally passed into law. Rather than organising a public hearing on the bill as promised by the Speaker, the legislators went ahead and hurriedly passed the bill. The people of the state were shocked when the Governor Oshiomhole accented to bill less than 48 hours after it was passed.

The question that is now being asked by the people in the state is what would be the next line of action by Oshiomhole as the current face-off between him and the Igbinedions deepen.

http://www.thesourceng.com/WarJanuary282013.htm

GUY TRY GET SENSE NA angry angry angry,
HOW DO YOU INTEND TO SLEEP THIS NIGHT WITH THIS MAGNITUDE OF LIES YOU HAVE TOLD AGAINST THE PERSON OF OSHIO-BABA? THE LAST TIME I ASKED, I WAS TOLD BY A RELIABLE SOURCE THAT, TINUBU & BABAGIDA & THE THEN INTERNAL DISPUTE WITHIN PAPA DECEIVE PIKIN(PDP) OF A PARTY BETWEEN ANENE & OGBUMUDIA LEAD TO OSHIO BABA'S VICTORY, SO I AM KIND OF CONFUSED HERE WITH YOUR LIES BUT THEN, I REALIZED THAT YOU ARE A BORN LIAR WHO IS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUS BECAUSE YOU ARE PHONY AND I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE THE THREAD BECAUSE OF THE GRAVITY OF LIES THAT ARE SWOOPING OF YOUR HEAD.

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
Oshiomole should be aware that actions speak louder than words. As long as there is substantial evidence, the Esama and his son should be prosecuted for the crimes they've committed against the state and all their illicit possessions confiscated. There's no need to warn law breakers. Simply bring them to justice. Kudos to the Governor for the land that was repossessed few weeks ago.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by gysl1973: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Oahray: There's no such thing as small criminal. All riggers are criminally minded. It's really not my business who comes in. What sucks is how Oshiomhole does not practise what he preaches and still manages to blame others for it. Just like PDP, ACN is pathetic and full of liars, thieves and cheats. Choose for yourself who the 'better devil' is.

If the PDP are so sure that the last LGE was not free and fair, they sure know the way to court as they have always done in cases of verifying Oshiomoles School cert. School attended, peer groups, class teachers, family relatives and birth certificate, i think the court is the best place to settle such cases and not NL
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Soloblincus(m): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
Nobody has mentioned anenih since this fiasco began or has he repented?
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Oahray: 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
gysl1973:

If the PDP are so sure that the last LGE was not free and fair, they sure know the way to court as they have always done in cases of verifying Oshiomoles School cert. School attended, peer groups, class teachers, family relatives and birth certificate, i think the court is the best place to settle such cases and not NL
typical human mentality. How convenient to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the obvious. It's wrong only when done by percieved 'enemies' right? When we support wrongs because a 'beloved' did it, we reveal our inner person and have no right to condemn others.

Btw, which LG candidate did you see arguing on Nairaland?
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by danjohn: 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
pro01: The same Igbinedion whose son - Lucky - financed Oshiomhole's first election and subsequent legal battles (with ill-gotten money)?

There is a thin line between courage and effrontery, so I wouldn't be too quick to congratulate Oshiomhole for this fiery speech. I'm not convinced that the governor's new war against the Igbinedion clan is borne out of concern for the Edo populace, as opposed to strategic political considerations for his own personal gain.

Unfortunately, I was thinking the same thing.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by MANOSUB(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2013

Ehn no dey fear face?!

make Oba no wound am o!!
Are you high? Who told you Igbinadion is Oba or Oba of Benin? Crazy bull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s 10-day UK Private Visit Ends Today / NBS Insists Unemployment Data Independent, Not Influenced By FG / Pertinent Questions From Femi Fani Kayode To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.