Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion (13505 Views)

Omosede Igbinedion Empowers Women With Sewing Machines & Cash - Photos / Fayose Apologises To Oshiomhole, Warns Aides Against Insulting People / Oshiomhole Warns Petroleum Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole on Monday  warned the  Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, to stop undermining state laws.

Oshiomhole, at the inauguration  of 14 newly elected local government chairmen  in Benin,   said government had  the capacity and the will to contain Igbinedion's excesses.

He also asked the state Independent Electoral Commission to tender unreserved apology to the people of the state for the lapses recorded in the local government election held on Saturday.

He said, "There is evidence that he (Igbinedion) has undermined the prosperity of the state for a very long time. Those who live in glass houses do not throw stones.

"I want to send a warning to Chief Igbinedion that he should take it easy;  he has acquired a lot of government land that the people have not engaged him on. He walks as if he is above the law. He was a chief tax collector in this state, pocketing 25 to 30 per cent of every kobo that accrued while his son was the governor.

"I have not looked back because my mandate is to look forward. I want to put him on notice that if he continues with elderly rascality, I will bring him to justice.

"He must never ever underestimate the fact that I have the will and I have the capacity to deploy that will; if he crosses the law, he will be cut to size.

"Elders must teach the younger ones to behave responsibly.

The governor berated Igbinedion over his alleged conduct on election day on Saturday in Okada.

"You heard how he is using ITV in a very reckless manner, in clear breach of the NBC code. He reduced himself as a high chief,  leaving where he is registered to vote and going all the way to Okada on a day movement was restricted across the state.

"He got to Okada and illegally used mobile policemen to walk on the street; going to the police station where sensitive election materials were  kept  in order to vandalise the sensitive electoral materials to ensure elections did not take place.

"If he misleads himself into believing that he has the birth right to continue to appropriate and  privatise the resources of Edo State, he is living in a fool's paradise."

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/oshiomhole-warns-igbinedion-against-elderly-rascality/

15 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Chylo(m): 10:41am On Apr 23, 2013
Haha elderly rascality

4 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Freiburger(m): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2013
^^Its not new.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by 1ndidi2(f): 11:11am On Apr 23, 2013
Gbamest cheesy
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by 32D: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2013
cut his wings Mr. Governor ,,,,all those elderly thieves must be rendered irrelevant

6 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by lexxwiz(m): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2013
L O L
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2013
My son Osho,

This 'things' are not forever. Dont let them get you drunk.

7 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 23, 2013
For taking major liberties and then some, I say ship him off to jail comrade Governor.

1 Like

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Okijajuju1(m): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2013
See as Oshiomole dey rubbish a whole Oba of Benin!!!

Ehn no dey fear face?!

make Oba no wound am o!!
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Yazmin: 11:15am On Apr 23, 2013
spiritfada: Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole on Monday  warned the  Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, to stop undermining state laws.

Oshiomhole, at the inauguration  of 14 newly elected local government chairmen  in Benin,   said government had  the capacity and the will to contain Igbinedion's excesses.

He also asked the state Independent Electoral Commission to tender unreserved apology to the people of the state for the lapses recorded in the local government election held on Saturday.

He said, "There is evidence that he (Igbinedion) has undermined the prosperity of the state for a very long time. Those who live in glass houses do not throw stones.

"I want to send a warning to Chief Igbinedion that he should take it easy;  he has acquired a lot of government land that the people have not engaged him on. He walks as if he is above the law. He was a chief tax collector in this state, pocketing 25 to 30 per cent of every kobo that accrued while his son was the governor.

"I have not looked back because my mandate is to look forward. I want to put him on notice that if he continues with elderly rascality, I will bring him to justice.

"He must never ever underestimate the fact that I have the will and I have the capacity to deploy that will; if he crosses the law, he will be cut to size.

The governor berated Igbinedion over his alleged conduct on election day on Saturday in Okada.

"You heard how he is using ITV in a very reckless manner, in clear breach of the NBC code. He reduced himself as a high chief,  leaving where he is registered to vote and going all the way to Okada on a day movement was restricted across the state.

"He got to Okada and illegally used mobile policemen to walk on the street; going to the police station where sensitive election materials were  kept  in order to vandalise the sensitive electoral materials to ensure elections did not take place.

"If he misleads himself into believing that he has the birth right to continue to appropriate and  privatise the resources of Edo State, he is living in a fool's paradise."

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/oshiomhole-warns-igbinedion-against-elderly-rascality/

Oshio baba...I like your guts. Let's come out to challenge our slave masters that have left us in captivity for so long. Where is that 'hitler mustached son of his' is it saddam or lucky IGBEnidion....??

5 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Dreal1247: 11:18am On Apr 23, 2013
If we av 10 Oshomoles in this country, all these political God father's activities should have been curtailed.

6 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2013
spiritfada: Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole on Monday  warned the  Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, to stop undermining state laws.

What are oshimole?
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by tegax(m): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2013
We need people like this man to lead our country. A very blunt and no-nonsense ruler.

7 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by woky: 11:22am On Apr 23, 2013
na wa o
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by PBundles(m): 11:24am On Apr 23, 2013
Cant this guy run for president. He got my vote.

2 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by yuzedo: 11:24am On Apr 23, 2013
LOL @ "Elderly Rascality".. grin grin

But if Oshiomhole has all these evidences against that @#$%&*?! why hasn't he done what he swore under oath to do as the custodian of Edo states' laws and commonwealth?! Of a truth, some animals are more equal than others, and Esama is such an animal! grin

Lets call a spade a spade, the Esama has fallen from the graces of the powers that be, including and ESPECIALLY the Oba of Benin, and that is why Oshiomhole can afford to snarl and bark like a pitbull on a leash.

4 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Demdem(m): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2013
Dp.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Demdem(m): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2013
What about aninih? Osho, who told u that part of ur mandate isn't to look at the criminous past?

1 Like

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by moodswing(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2013
Oshio Nwa mama...

In democracy, the rule of law is the order of the day. This is why I am in love with ACN governors. They stand for the protection of the rule of law.

Igninedion owes the government a prison term. Wonders when he will be made to pay.

5 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by DonaldGenes(m): 11:30am On Apr 23, 2013
Gov oshiomole i dey your bacccccccccccccck sir......Bleep am up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:35am On Apr 23, 2013
Shoo! As in Adams said this?
Wonlaful!
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by sammyyoung2(m): 11:37am On Apr 23, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 23, 2013
My bro, no be oba of benin, read am well. Why him go fear face? Who is above the law? When personal ethics comes at crossroads with state morals, the state should cutcut them down. That is change my brother
Okija_juju: See as Oshiomole dey rubbish a whole Oba of Benin!!!

Ehn no dey fear face?!

make Oba no wound am o!!
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:42am On Apr 23, 2013
Osho baba don vex ooo. I gbadun ur style jare.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Okijajuju1(m): 11:44am On Apr 23, 2013
kimakazee: My bro, no be oba of benin, read am well. Why him go fear face? Who is above the law? When personal ethics comes at crossroads with state morals, the state should cutcut them down. That is change my brother

Lol!!

No vex! Na ehn be say this Igbinedion guy na smallie for area na!!
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by fitzmayowa: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2013
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Sijo01(f): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2013
The earlier this Igbinedion is call to oreder the better. Imagin him carrying his shoulder as if he's above the law........... Mstcheeeew.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Costa2000(m): 11:51am On Apr 23, 2013

Ehn no dey fear face?!

make Oba no wound am o!!
Igbinedion na Esama of Benin (okada), no be Oba Erediuwa.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 23, 2013
The same Igbinedion whose son - Lucky - financed Oshiomhole's first election and subsequent legal battles (with ill-gotten money)?

There is a thin line between courage and effrontery, so I wouldn't be too quick to congratulate Oshiomhole for this fiery speech. I'm not convinced that the governor's new war against the Igbinedion clan is borne out of concern for the Edo populace, as opposed to strategic political considerations for his own personal gain.

3 Likes

Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by Sijo01(f): 11:54am On Apr 23, 2013

Ehn no dey fear face?!

make Oba no wound am o!!

Guyman, edith your post, biko.
Re: Stop 'elderly Rascality', Oshiomhole Warns Igbinedion by LADIbaba(m): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2013

Ehn no dey fear face?!

make Oba no wound am o!!

Esama you mean a.k.a the richest man in Benin kingdom and also the enemy of the Oba of Benin...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Caution Buhari Over Inciting Statements / Ajimobi Hosts The Olubadan Designate, Adetunji At His Office Ahead Of Coronation / Yuguda Leaves For Abuja Over Blockade In Bauchi House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.