Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? (21159 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by tellwisdom: 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
Lilimax: It show you are not married and you are not even up to the age of getting married.

Keep quite gurl...Dont make it sound like its a must, i will my properties to you block heads
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Lilimax(f): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
991: My Son.
Nah, ones spouse should be the next of kin in a marriage. wink
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Lilimax(f): 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
tellwisdom:

Keep quite gurl...Dont make it sound like its a must, i will my properties to you block heads
You are not different from your silly comments angry angry angry
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by nikkypearl(f): 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
Caracta: My next of kin is my wife. And that's because, we are "one". She is 'me', I am 'her'. Or she is 'i' and I am 'she' angry undecided

[This comment is not from caracta (f)] cheesy
when I read d first stanza of yo anthem,oppphh sorrygrin,d first line of yo comment!I stood up 4rm d chair,I was like shocked haaaaaa,dis gel can lie o grin,den wen I read d last paragraph,I sat back nd cheesy.mind yasef next tym u hear

1 Like

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by 32D: 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
adora4u1: As long as you're married, your next of kin is automatically your spouse......me thinks! grin wink smiley
[size=14pt]what if along the line in the marriage, ur spouse did some things and u dont seem to trust her anymore?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by jaymdee(m): 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
Caracta: My next of kin is my wife. And that's because, we are "one". She is 'me', I am 'her'. Or she is 'i' and I am 'she' angry undecided

You are truly one with your wife. You have access to her NL profile. Great!!!

1 Like

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by happynwa(f): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
tellwisdom: Next of kin being the wife??---GOD FORBID angry angry...It has to be my mama or my papa angry angry

mumu so u wan die b4 ur mama or papa?
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Beync(f): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
My husband of course
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by 32D: 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
nnekaela:
Eya, I like this man, he wants to die befor his parents. How sweet.your parents will be so proud of you wanting to die befor them.
in ur lil mind, u think death is the only reason u need a next-of-kin.
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Osama10(m): 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
My next of kin is my wife.

Reason cos she is my other half.
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Elai147: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
Of course the next of kin should be the first son. Besides, this whole thing can be faked. How is your Aunt sure that the next of kin is her brother-inlaw? Did she go to check all the husband's assets? For example, it is almost impossible for the bank to reveal who a customer's next of kin is to a third party while the customer is still alive. Meanwhile, what if the husband is putting his wife to test? Because I don't think any sane man would prefer his brother to be next of kin when he has a wife and three kids.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by tellwisdom: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
happynwa:

mumu so u wan die b4 ur mama or papa?

Im kinda surprised at the responses i get from these Nigerian female block heads and few men with no brain...Now tell me reasons why its a must, i use my wife as a Next of kin??.. *Spits profusely* embarassed
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
My wife is my next of kin
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
butta: ignorant MoonGoose that's what you are ??

Give the man some distance, its a matter of choice, freedom of choice, if he likes, he can name his dog as his next of kin.

@OP choosing your next of kin is a matter of choice. Next of kin Refers to the nearest blood! It has no clear legal definition , The phrase is sometimes used to indicate the person who should be notified and who should make decisions incase of accident or emergency. My next of kin is my younger brother, my real blood. He has the password to virtually everything coded to me. This is what I call trust, a man chooses who ever he trust as his next of kin. Maybe your uncle does not trust your sister that much. Let her work on it, while doing that, she should concentrate on the childrens investment. I will never name my wife as my next of kin, because she chooses her family over me. Work out the equation yourself. Reason why I hate marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Coldfeet(f): 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
50calibre: A wife is allowed to be next of kin only after she has proven her worth or mettle usually after a period of 15 - 20 years. else it has to be your mum. Mums are like next to God, they never fail you.
How can you use your mother as next of kin! Do you wish for her to bury you?? If you don't trust your wife enough to use her as a next of kin then you shouldn't be married to her!! My sons are my husbands next of kin while the girls are mine! and me the "custodian"! And in the case both of us died before they are 21 we both have someone we have come to trust as the "custodian".

Just so you know....

Dying without a will raises particular problems if a
husband and wife die together. For example, they
are killed in a car accident and have no children. If
the wife dies instantly and the husband dies later
in hospital, then using the formula, all of the
wife's assets pass to the husband. But this
husband is dead too, so his assets, which now
include her assets as well, pass to his next of kin.
The net result is that the wife's family miss out
completely, because she died first and her assets
immediately passed to her husband and vice versa.

The above scenario has brought a lot of confusion in so many families.

3 Likes

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by OkochiZico(m): 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
I'll always use my wifey, she should be and will remain my primary NOK.
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by nnekaela(f): 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2013
tellwisdom:

[color=#000099]Only people with wet brain reason this way...How about those with nothing to inherit, yet they chose their parents as Next of Kin. Abeg purge yourself from black mentality.[/c
olor]

Hei, I can't remember insulting you. I just made a statement about what you wrote. Your insult means you are too young for this forum. Grow up.
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by betty1983(f): 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
when a man cannot make his wife, his next of kin, it simple means he does not love, trust nor respect her enough. Any other person other than the couple themselves, is a third party in marriage. Ladies ensure you marry your best friend who would always have you and the children's interest at heart.

1 Like

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by didicold(f): 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
@op,
please talk to ur aunt to stop d arguing ASAP, because any suspicious human being will start to wonder"is she planning his death,is dat why she is nagging on d issue so much?"

i feel for ur aunt because she has just been informed indirectly dat she is low on her husband's trusted list, it doesnt matter if he is doing it so dat she will have his brother's help when hubby passes on ,it just feels wrong.but she should stop nagging on d issue and try to fortify herself financially, she might need it,
i think she should just try to tell her hubby dat he hurt her, mayb shed a few womanly tears to get him to soften up,but serzly strong arm tactics wont work, so she shld stop fighting over it bfore she ruins her marriage over such a trivial matter,and yes ,i say trivial coz is she willing to spend d rest of her life separated /enstranged from him because she couldn't take it on d chin, lesser issues have destroyed marriages, and as one of the holy bok says, Igbekele wa lori eniyan ,asan ni. she shld depend on God cos he is d only one dat won't fail her,husbands have been known to.
kpele

just my own 3kobo
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by 9icetoo(m): 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2013

but u r female or are u married to another female? undecided
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
My next of kin is always my younger brother,even while single till now that i am married.I'll include only my kids when the kids start coming.

1 Like

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
As i never marry na my bros be my next of kin but if i marry e go be my wife then my wifes next of kin will be my son.
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Anka(m): 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
[quote][/quote]The next of kin for me should be the d 1st son but where no son d 1st girl. Reason been that a man shal live his father and mother and cling to his wife. With this another family is formed. D wealth of a family must be managed by the neclear family before it extends to to extended family. D4, no father, mother, brother , sister , uncle or anty can stand as nxt of kin wen a husband has a wife and child. Remember been a NOK simply means u r to oversee d management of d estate of d deceased.
A child can stand as NOK. Pls all men once u get married mak either ur wife or child ur NOK if u don't want them to suffer d evil of d world
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Kalamaya: 6:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
gladiator12:
If you are married it should be your wife or kids and not your parents. cos no parents wants their children to die before them, it should be someone who will inherit or stand on ur before when u are no more...
Must the husband die before the wife?

1 Like

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by adora4u1: 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
32-D:

[size=14pt]what if along the line in the marriage, ur spouse did some things and u dont seem to trust her anymore?[/size]

That's why the government enacted DIVORCE!
grin

2 Likes

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by pleep(m): 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
eeehh..... depending on how much money he has i can understand why he picked the brother.

why should his wife even be bringing this up... poision abi?

1 Like

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by funnyx(m): 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ejiuka: My Pastor or my close church brother

Seriously undecided
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by 50calibre(m): 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
shine12:

Then She too has to see her Dad as Her next of kin till you prove yourself for 15 to 20 years.

Even Mothers will call their Husbands next of Kin.

A suitable Husband will seek and attract a suitable wife and they shall become one and no human being can come between their midst.

For this reason, a man will leave His father and Mother and cling to His wife(Genesis 2:24). Any other philosophy on that matter is human wisdom that can fail.

Also, to answer you, some Mothers fail their children. How will you define a mother that left a six months old baby with a one and half older brother. Such children will grow up then find a wife, then Mummy shows up, I am a mother and I cannot fail you.He can only forgive such Mum.

Yes a wife is allowed to have similar policy as well but what are the odds of a wife being richer than her husband?

I'm also sure that no ambitious or successful man is relying on his wife's estate.

There are few dead beat mums who shame the rest but on average, mums are the least likely to fail. A father can run, brothers or sisters can run but 96% of the times, mums would stick with her kids through thick and thin

2 Likes

Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Abu34: 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2013

re u a lesb...cos d last time I checked ur gender is female
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by 50calibre(m): 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
Coldfeet: How can you use your mother as next of kin! Do you wish for her to bury you?? If you don't trust your wife enough to use her as a next of kin then you shouldn't be married to her!! My sons are my husbands next of kin while the girls are mine! and me the "custodian"! And in the case both of us died before they are 21 we both have someone we have come to trust as the "custodian".

Just so you know....

Dying without a will raises particular problems if a
husband and wife die together. For example, they
are killed in a car accident and have no children. If
the wife dies instantly and the husband dies later
in hospital, then using the formula, all of the
wife's assets pass to the husband. But this
husband is dead too, so his assets, which now
include her assets as well, pass to his next of kin.
The net result is that the wife's family miss out
completely, because she died first and her assets
immediately passed to her husband and vice versa.

The above scenario has brought a lot of confusion in so many families.

I know, all I mean is that it's safer to have a parent as next of kin in the earlier stages, as times goes on, it could be adjusted to have a spouse as the next of kin. We live in dangerous times where the heart of people is desperately wicked.

If you made your kids next of kin, and they are still minors when you pass (God forbid) what happens then. My mum is my dad's next of kin, but then they've been married for longer than 25 years.
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by Caracta(f): 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
Oooops! This thread made front page? Chei! How do i modify my previous comment?
Re: Married Men: Who's Your Next Of Kin And Why? by funnyx(m): 6:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
The way many Nigerians think never cease to amaze me:
1.They believe next of kin should be their brother, mother, father, pastor etc
2.They believe any misfortune they have is caused by witches and wizards
3. The compare the president with their father, so must not be criticised
4.They turn their pastors to mini god using Bible verse like 'touch not my annointed' whenever it suits them
5. Believe they can bribe God by simply sowing seeds, tithes etc even when they wallow in sin
The lists is endless, sometimes I wonder if its not the same country I grew up in

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? / Why Men Scared Of Getting Married / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.