Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him (45162 Views)

Gumsu Sani-Abacha Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock, Gets A Peck From Zahra (Pics) / Checkout Sani Abacha's Signature (snapshot) / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Inik(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Abacha was one of best leaders Nigeria ever had.

Forget malicious propaganda against him and research his performance, economically, foreign policy /regional influence, sporting achievement.

Once you do your research, you will realise how the enemies of Nigeria has deceived Nigerians.

Even the so-called "Abacha Loot" was never linked to Abacha it was just another elaborate scam to add credence to the lie that Abacha was a looter.[/size]
Should we also research about his achievements in the murder sector of the economy? let"s ask the leader of his death squad major Hamza mustapha who ironically has a death sentence hanging over his head.

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by PrettySpicey(f): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
The only thing I want to know about him is that - he is dead and NEVER coming back.

The End.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by lagcity(m): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
I would like to know what IBB thought of Abacha's leadership. Was IBB in support of it or was he paranoid and sleepless in his Minna mansion after OBJ and Yaradua were arrested? I would like to know more about the relationship between these two guys. I heard IBB was pissed that Abacha overthrew the Transitional Govt. of Shonekan. Is this true?
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by nikkypearl(f): 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
d most handsome president so far
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by devour129: 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
That doesn’t sound like what a stupid dimwit can achieve shocked you are kidding right ? What about goodluck? If you have the money and you are ready to do anything please take your shot at the presidency you might be lucky
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Olubeey(f): 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
piphunter: one apple

Apple of life oo....isssh!
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Iyaniwura123: 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
IBB was isolated and rendered impotent by Abacha and there were reports that Abacha was already making the final moves to cage IBB (you know what that means) who was already restless, and yes, paranoid about Abacha's rule (Abacha died before he could rein in the Minna general). After Abacha became head of state, their relationship broke down. Considering the circumstances, IBB would not have been surprised at Abacha's palace coup. Also, there are many conspiracies theories about his demise and those who orchestrated it but your question has been answered, I guess.
lagcity: I would like to know what IBB thought of Abacha's leadership. Was IBB in support of it or was he paranoid and sleepless in his Minna mansion after OBJ and Yaradua were arrested? I would like to know more about the relationship between these two guys. I heard IBB was pissed that Abacha overthrew the Transitional Govt. of Shonekan. Is this true?
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Roon9(m): 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dude, sincerely all d violence hear appealed 2me like som action movie...
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
please can you send the full details into my email box? olatunjijohn@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Iyaniwura123: 11:33pm On Apr 23, 2013
The link provided above is working. Here is it again: http://.com/sani-abacha-nigerias-most-enigmatic-ruler/ Thanks.
haryhorku: please can you send the full details into my email box? olatunjijohn@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by idupaul: 12:06am On Apr 24, 2013
360command: Do you know that : No matter how broke the Abacha family are, they can never be as poor as Dangote !

Another case of Low IQ ..:Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by tantita(m): 12:07am On Apr 24, 2013
distribute inc.:

will you live forever...think before you post.
what this man has achieved no member of your lineage or generation can ever achieve 10percent of it-till the end of time.
.... Ah...U mean stole right? wht dis man has stolen no one in his lineage cn or generation cn come close....dude stop sleepin on bike...dis man ws a bloody thieve..so bloody a thieve thy still recoverin his loot til dis dy.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by chiefbatiatus(m): 12:56am On Apr 24, 2013
Shame shame shame on u the OP for posting a laudable article on that pig called abacha, incase u don't know he is the reason why u have no job and thus have time to be posting clueless and shameful posts like this
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by theripper3: 1:16am On Apr 24, 2013
His worthless carcass should be disintered and burnt with sulphuric acid and brimstone.

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by idupaul: 1:16am On Apr 24, 2013
chief batiatus: Shame shame shame on u the OP for posting a laudable article on that pig called abacha, incase u don't know he is the reason why u have no job and thus have time to be posting clueless and shameful posts like this

Sharrap there .. Obasanjo and his PDP wagon are the reason why there are no Jobs .. So u want to blame a man who died in 98 for unemployment almost 20yrs later
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Ayanleyemicheal(m): 2:17am On Apr 24, 2013
N wot do we av to knw abt him dat stupid mad who kills anybody like a chicken.......wot later ended his life RUBBISH :PN wot do we av to knw abt him dat stupid mad who kills anybody like a chicken.......wot later ended his life RUBBISH
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 5:09am On Apr 24, 2013
FACT: ABACHA is a PU..SS.Y! His bones inthe grave right now deserve to be fed to wild dogs!! Same with his evill families
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Vansnickers: 5:12am On Apr 24, 2013
[img]http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/GENERAL-SANI-ABACHA-INSPECTS-TROOPS.jpg[/img]

3rd Soldier from the Left looks like President Jonathan.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by kcluv9ja: 5:47am On Apr 24, 2013
CORDROSS: Iyaniwura,

The full details has been removed from the page.
Can you kindly forward to my mail peter.adeyemi@yahoo.co.uk?
Regards
pls iyaniwura,kindly send dis details to my mail address kcluv9ja@yahoo.com.thank you and God bless you.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by ebucha: 6:11am On Apr 24, 2013
Reading
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by beeman80: 9:56am On Apr 24, 2013
The man was loved by some and revered by others.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by T9ksy(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2013
beeman80: The man was loved by some and revered by others.

Abi ojare!!!

Even Hitler too has his own fan club.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 24, 2013
Funny that Mohamed Abacha believes he can win the Kano governorship election by diluting the putrid smell oozing from his father's grave & sojourn on earth.
All I see is burnt offerings disguised as king's buffet.
@OP..there was a Daniel Kanu of YEAA b4 u.What became of him,we dnt know.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
under Abacha rule, Nigeria won it only individual olympic gold medal and also olmpic football gold medal in one games.
Nigweroa also won Africa Cup of Nations when Stephen Keshi was a player.

How many political assassibations occured during Obasanjo's democratic rule 1999-2007?
How many under Abacha?
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
I believe Al Mustapha was somehow involved in working with IBB to poison Abacha, I believe that is why Obasanjo/IBB want him jailed as he knows too much.

Otherwise what other reason would Abdulsalami Abubakar jail the man who engineered for him to succeed Abacha?
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by juman(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
Hiss.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by tomakint: 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ilaje44:

What did he achieve that is worthy of praise? The idioti along with Babangida are responsible for the total collapse of law and order in Nigeria. They have corrupted Nigeria beyond redemption....
Akutuku e lona orun apaadi.
Just to settle your confusion that was the man that launched the 'First failed Bank Tribunal' in the history of this country, go figure how much that singular exercise saved into the coffers of this country! He was the same man that fought the Hausa-Fulani Hegemony to a standstill by banishing the then megalomaniac Sultan of Sokoto, Dasuki into house arrest in Taraba and giving the exalted caliphate position to the rightful person Alhaji Maccido! He signed the current GSM licence we now enjoy way back late 1997! He made the super rich and the extremely corrupt personalities to quake in their boots because of their shady deals! This was the same man that never courted the 'relationship of the Western nations' as a result of the sanctions meted out to Nigeria by the International community and yet still managed the economy well by not borrowing! He was however not a perfect man, he had his own personal demons, but hate him or love him, He did his very best unlike the 'wicked ones' we try to deified now when in actual facts, they are 100 times more corrupt and diabolic than the man, ABACHA! Good job Iyaniwura, I love your efforts! wink

3 Likes

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by tomakint: 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
idupaul:

Sharrap there .. Obasanjo and his PDP wagon are the reason why there are no Jobs .. So u want to blame a man who died in 98 for unemployment almost 20yrs later
You dey mind them, small small boys too full this site sef, instead of them to read and study about the man, his mission and his merits and demerits then come out with something concrete to talk about, they only look at his dark sides, forgetting that 'everyone is a Moon, we have our dark sides which we don't want others to see'! The man was indeed, BRAVE and BOLD!

1 Like

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by Iyaniwura123: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
Thanks tomakint, and 1,000 likes for your superb contribution. You are so on point! wink
tomakint:
Just to settle your confusion that was the man that launched the 'First failed Bank Tribunal' in the history of this country, go figure how much that singular exercise saved into the coffers of this country! He was the same man that fought the Hausa-Fulani Hegemony to a standstill by banishing the then megalomaniac Sultan of Sokoto, Dasuki into house arrest in Taraba and giving the exalted caliphate position to the rightful person Alhaji Maccido! He signed the current GSM licence we now enjoy way back late 1997! He made the super rich and the extremely corrupt personalities to quake in their boots because of their shady deals! This was the same man that never courted the 'relationship of the Western nations' as a result of the sanctions meted out to Nigeria by the International community and yet still managed the economy well by not borrowing! He was however not a perfect man, he had his own personal demons, but hate him or love him, He did his very best unlike the 'wicked ones' we try to deified now when in actual facts, they are 100 times more corrupt and diabolic than the man, ABACHA! Good job Iyaniwura, I love your efforts! wink
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by tomakint: 5:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: Thanks tomakint, and 1,000 likes for your superb contribution. You are so on point! wink
Thanks for the acknowledgement IYANIWURA! 1 Billion likes for your nice efforts here wink

2 Likes

Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by shos: 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: -INTRODUCTION

What if I tell you that General SANINEGERIA MOHAMMED ABACHA, the most popular Kanuri person in the world was regarded as the most patient man on earth? My Mum, the Ogidi herself never forgets her airport encounter with him, she was thoroughly stupefied at his height. It was fifteen years ago. A man of diminutive stature (5ft, 6inches). A man of fire, iron and steel, the General lorded absolute power and unbridled authority over 120 million souls.

Get the full gist here: http://.com/sani-abacha-nigerias-most-enigmatic-ruler/

Not even Generals dare cross his path. Those who did, knelt and wept before him while he offered them tissue paper to wipe their salty tears. Not even a plea from the Pope could melt his heart. Mandela begged him to no avail. No one messed with Abacha. He was gentle. Listening. Cunning. Daring. Attentive. Dangerous. Brave. Brutal. When an American ambassador was irritating the late maximum tyrant, he almost paid with his life. But who was SANI ABACHA, Nigeria's most enigmatic ruler, and the first head of state to die in office without violence (a man of many firsts as you will soon see)? Why and how he almost blew General Diya out of existence? Why his last son was shot in 2011? His links with America's most secretive Christian group, Boko Haram and Imam Abubakar Shekau, its leader and Nigeria's most wanted man? And many more...

Known to many as an incorrigible kleptomaniac who will stop at nothing to succeed himself in power, invites you on a spellbinding journey into the rise, rise and fall of the dictator and lawn tennis lover whom IBB called the Khalifa. When IBB was leaving the 'throne', he retired all the service chiefs with the exception of this man: Sani Abacha. Adjust your chair, stretch your legs and let's learn more about the gripping story of a soldier of audacious strategies who proudly bore his Kanuri tribal marks beneath the darkest of goggles.

OVERVIEW

-EARLY DAYS & SCHOOLING

--CAREER & COUPS

--PERSONALS, MARRIAGE, FAMILY & CHILDREN

-AS HEAD OF STATE: CABINET & PRESIDENTIAL STAFF, HIS FIRST LADY, OPPOSITION, SUPPORT, FOREIGN POLICIES ETC

-ACHIEVEMENTS, ACTIVITIES & EVENTS UNDER ABACHA

-INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT HIM

-CORRUPTION

-DEATH

-AFTERMATH AND LEGACIES

-QUOTES (His Words) & What Others Say About Him

-EARLY DAYS & SCHOOLING
Unlike other leaders who had 'humble' backgrounds, Abacha was not born into squalid poverty. As a matter of fact, his was a prosperous family with his father owning a successful trucking business in Kano State. The family which migrated to Kano in search of greener pastures, also had a bakery they named 'Canteen Abacha'.

-A Kanuri man (Abacha is NOT Hausa or Fulani, that is quite important as some people tend to lump the entire north together as 'Hausa-Fulani' bloc, Hausa is not Fulani and vice versa), he was born in Borno State on a Monday, the 20th September, 1943, grew up in Kano and blended so well that he lies in the soil of the ancient city after he gave up the ghost on another Monday half a century later. His father was positioning him to take over the family's bread baking business and he ensured he got a good education so as to stem the tide of illiteracy in the family although young Sani would be notorious for his truancy rather than astronomical academic wizardry. At about the same time, the late Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello, was promoting a 'northernization' campaign which saw the influx of many eager and enthusiastic lads into the military and other institutions. One of them was a Kanuri boy. Sani.

-City Senior Primary School, Kano.

-Kano Provincial Secondary School (finished in 1957).

-Government College, Kano (1957-1962), now called Rumfa College.

-Nigerian Military Training College (NMTC) (now called the Nigerian Defence Academy, NDA), Zaria, Kaduna State (1962-1963).

-Mons Defence Officers Cadet Training College, Aldershot, England.

While a student his academic exploits become murky as some reports indicate that the former Nigerian ruler did not graduate from high school before proceeding to NMTC. The intellectual height and the depth of Abacha’s sagacity is a subject of intense debate with colleagues like General Olusegun Obasanjo dismissing him a dull personality, an ‘expendable brute not expected to rise beyond the rank of a warrant officer.’

Some even cited his not attending Sandhurst Royal Military Academy as evidence of an intrinsic lack of intelligence. But Abacha had a way of stupefying his opponents and those who underestimated him. He eventually became the Commander-in-Chief of the world’s most populous black nation. That doesn’t sound like what a stupid dimwit can achieve.

-CAREER & COUPS

Here is an overview of Abacha’s rise through the ranks in the Nigerian Army:

-Commissioned as 2nd Lieutenant: 1963 -Lieutenant: 1966 -Captain: 1967 -Platoon and Battalion Commander, Training Department, Commander, 2nd Infantry Division, Major: 1969 -Lieutenant Colonel: 1972 -Commanding Officer, 2nd Infantry Brigade, Colonel: 1975 -Brigadier: 1980

(Iyaniwura)

NB: Iyaniwura has launched a new website (). For those asking for the link, kindly follow it above as this particular post (and subsequent ones) will be on , not Iyaniwura.com Thank you very much.
Iyaniwura pls kindly forward it to my email sholasocial@gmail.com Ese omo iya.
Re: Sani Abacha: Things You Never Knew About Him by AdexOmoby(f): 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
Waoooooh! I read the whole of it! This should be published and made available to all to read! I remeber I was in primary 6 when Abacha died and even though I didn't know what he really did, I knew my mum always came home always compalining, graning bitterly of what terrible government he made civil servants go through...As such when he died, I couldn't but help shake my tiny waist and move my small legs because it simply meant to me that mummy was not going to come home crying, groaning and weeping anymore! One lesson I learn frm this is that, no matter how much affluence you have, how much money in the world or on earth you can gather, we all have one life to live! Death is a compulsory call to every mortal person as such it would be wise to move closer to Jesus who can guarantee eternal life even when our mortal bodies are gone! 'Life is short, Death is sure, Heaven and Hell is real' is constant reminder to tell me how each day brings me closer to our graves

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die / Murray-Bruce Opens Silverbird Cinema In Festac (Photos) / You Can’t Stop Me From Travelling Abroad - Fayose Dares Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.