Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka (46627 Views)

Could This Message Be From Etisalat In Response To Saka "I Don Port O" Advert? / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by yemstok(m): 8:28am On Apr 24, 2013
Lolz! It was just like RVP PORTING from Arsenal to ManUtd.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 24, 2013
bigass: The Honest truth is that heads will roll in Etisalat for this mistake. MTN didn't just hijack Saka. Something must have happened. The honest truth was that Saka was never an Etisalat ambassador

Exactly.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by tellwisdom: 8:38am On Apr 24, 2013
tjskii: Pls wat exactly is this number portability about,cud someone enlighten me,and uh cud we get anoda link to watch d video apart from youtube,d last time I viewed smthn on youtube I lost ova 1,500 credit and iv vowed since den never to return cheesy
Even people wey no dey recharge card pass 200naira dey claim 1500naira airtime. God is watchin u undecided
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2013
cheesy
cr7lomo.:
Etisalat sud retaliate by portin osuofia nd mama G. Even if mtn like, mk dem put keshi nd jona 4 dia advert, I de port go etisalat. Saka no b netwrk na jst person. MTN kor MTN ni abeg shift go corner

The network's rubbish( never liked the line right from time- if network's were clubs... Anyways...) but MTN pulled that stunt wella; as in on point. The quality of work is commendable. As for osuofia and muma g (as far as I'm concerned) were failed attempts. The genius beind this 'coup' was on point.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by tissot84: 8:50am On Apr 24, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by dammytosh: 8:56am On Apr 24, 2013
alpha conde: I hate DISLOYAL people. I feel he gave up etisalat and makes me see him like a batrayer. Now I hate him don't wanna see him on my tv never again

Disloyal about what ? His Etisalat his father's company ?

As long as what he did is within the LAW of THE LAND. Please he does not want to be on your TV 2 undecided.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by tissot84: 8:57am On Apr 24, 2013
ETISALAT IS ALWAYS AHEAD IN ADVERT

EG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq7XMfmZvk8

1 Like

Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 24, 2013
this advert is so funny and nice. its a good scam, i wish their network is actually as good as the advert. the saka guy is really talented. too bad etisalat let this happen! although, nigerians don't really value corporate image, but its like mtn fucking etisalat with a punch below the belt.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sXxjfucNoM[/quote]

Plenty hiccups in this ad.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sXxjfucNoM[/quote]

Plenty hiccups in this ad. Is it just me?
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by specialguest(f): 9:33am On Apr 24, 2013
I tried to check my mtn account balance just this morning and here's the reply i got
"your mtn smooth talk balance is ..... Ngn; text 501050 to 4100 to set Saka's 'I don port' as your callertune for FREE! "

For tha fact mtn is even offering the callertune for free, i guess there is more to this Saka's advert.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by Flirtyfemi: 9:34am On Apr 24, 2013
Saka was actually paid N20million for the campaign, he didn't want to but he couldn't refuse the N20Million offer, see details here http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/04/n20million-mtn-buys-over-etisalat-man.html
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by moshoodn(m): 9:54am On Apr 24, 2013
ufotuko: no be only loyalty na loya milk,shey u go skul at all?

Hey!!!

What is the correlation between a loyalty question and "shey you go school"?

Must you post??
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by moshoodn(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2013
Dis Guy:

what are you talking about jare,Addidas, Nike etc etc Ronaldo, Messi etc etc go figure

it's a contract not a family business

I hear you sire....
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by GoodNigerian: 10:00am On Apr 24, 2013
baba Nepa: Sooooo intresting dis guy don dis-father etisalat grin
That's the essence of the MNP scheme. Nice one! However after 90 days he can go back to Etisalat if he is not satisfied with MTN or port to another network. grin grin grin
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by overboard(m): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2013
alpha conde: I hate DISLOYAL people. I feel he gave up etisalat and makes me see him like a batrayer. Now I hate him don't wanna see him on my tv never again

Err I wouldn't be too fast with that thought. Etisalat are quite notoriuos for not paying for the value they get. For one, most of the regulars they feature on their TVCs are paid per job and through agencies with no incentives. I guess the guy saw that MTN were ready to pay for value and he jumped ship. Brutality in certain aspects of Nigerian business is necessary I tell you.

Etisalat had done their own subtle attack to with the MTN "goat" TVC and this is a reprisal attack, a sweet one. I sure say dem go retaliate wella!

1 Like

Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by dabossman(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2013
What's with all these peeps talking about loyalty You over there playing US Visa Lottery sef dey talk. Yes, I mean YOU! tongue You sending out your CV to other companies while still employed come dey join mouth yarn sef.

How many brands are you loyal too sef. Where is that your Nokia phone? Yeah, you abandoned it for a Blackberry. Right!

1 Like

Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by GoodNigerian: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2013
I'M just wondering the difference between 'PORTING' and 'JILTING'. I mean like jilting a babe. THIS IS NOT SOCIALLY RIGHT if they are the same! Pls Help! grin grin grin
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by Aaoe: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2013
Etisalat better watch their back before GLO go port their Solo.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by tollywhistle(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2013
............ Ode, Йą Ʊ won pay him abi Йą nw person ∂εγ̲ swap rivals......... Mtchewwww
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by faragai24: 11:00am On Apr 24, 2013
Ok ooo!
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by alphaconde(m): 11:02am On Apr 24, 2013

I hv been the most qouted on this thread, the thread was about saka porting not about alpha condes mind set. Personally loyalty is my virtue and I check it out in every associate. Moneys not naturally everything @ least that what I think. Etisalat made us to know how good saka was. If it were myself I would be eteernally grateful. There were some kids that took their time to insult me. Well am disappointed cus hitherto I was full of respect for dem, especially ITSMODELLA, just as my feeling for saka has change such is how I now see u as a BI.CTH
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by bode228: 11:10am On Apr 24, 2013
tjskii: Pls wat exactly is this number portability about,cud someone enlighten me,and uh cud we get anoda link to watch d video apart from youtube,d last time I viewed smthn on youtube I lost ova 1,500 credit and iv vowed since den never to return cheesy

Number portability is a Regulator (NCC in this case) imposed feature that allows a subscriber to switch between network while retaining the same mobile no digits. The way it works that each operator provide their unique USSD codes for porting. So say for example if you use 08033333333 on MTN and you want to switch to Airtel..you just need to buy and register a new Airtel sim card, then put it on your cell phone and dial the Airtel provided migration code before making any call and you will be switched after sometime (usually 12-24 hrs). And subsequently, you will have the same 08033333333 as an airtel nos. So you have switch operators but your contacts can still reach you on your old nos.

Ideally, it involves no negotiation whatsoever with your previous provider, the decision is entirely yours. Remember that the phone nos does not belong to the operators, but they are generated by the regulators (NCC).
Hope this help.

1 Like

Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2013
alpha conde:

I hv been the most qouted on this thread, the thread was about saka porting not about alpha condes mind set. Personally loyalty is my virtue and I check it out in every associate. Moneys not naturally everything @ least that what I think. Etisalat made us to know how good saka was. If it were myself I would be eteernally grateful. There were some kids that took their time to insult me. Well am disappointed cus hitherto I was full of respect for dem, especially ITSMODELLA, just as my feeling for saka has change such is how I now see u as a BI.CTH
what is loyalty in an endorsement deal?let me shock you a neighbour of mine who happens to be among the marketing department of etisalat when I told him about the advert of mtn he laughed and said that is the beauty of competition and he said that they will get saka back and he will do another advert for them,and I asked him that did saka had a contract with them he said yes but the contract was only based on per advert basis so not a contract for a particular years,so he gest paid per advert he does for them so saka has not violated any rules and also the etisalat peeps self are laughing because that was smart of him.

1 Like

Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by meselo2002: 11:40am On Apr 24, 2013
[quote author=tjskii]Pls wat exactly is this number portability about,cud someone enlighten me,and uh cud we get anoda link to watch d video apart from youtube,d last time I viewed smthn on youtube I lost ova 1,500 credit and iv vowed since den never to return cheesy[/quot

Mobile number portabiliy means u can switch from ur present provider to another while still retaining ur original number.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by Sike(m): 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
Saka! Saka!! Nothing do you jor!
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by mckay06(m): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
Saka's porting is not as a result of poor network, but secondary to greed. ''Money get power o''
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by docbindl(m): 12:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
The Guy go stay with Etisalat

Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by largeman4u(m): 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
i love this Mr. Saka so much... thumb's up to him
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by kennydee05(m): 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
tissot84:

Are u saying if i change from one network to another that i cant change back if the present network is giving me problem to my initial network. please educate me on aw the MPN works
.̸Ɣõú.̸Ϟ.̸-̶̶.-̶̶. Can port as many times as possible but .̸Ɣõú.̸Ϟ.̸-̶̶.-̶̶. Will have Τ̅☺ wait for 90 days Τ̅☺ make another port.
Re: Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
oluwadare26: If MTN like make dem go meet Mr Bean to Advertise 4 them, That wont stop me 4rm porting to Airtel

Chop knuckle my guy! MTN ko, TMN ni! Mtchewwwww! Very stingy network.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

[pic] Can You Buy The Blackberry Priv For ₦225,000 / The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. / Let's See Your Phone Home-screen (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.