Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,209 members, 7,867,510 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

21st Century Ammonites - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 21st Century Ammonites (566 Views)

The 21st Century Pharisee / '21st Century Christians' A Poem / "Religion Has No Place In The 21st Century"-Cambridge Debate-Dawkins vs.Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

21st Century Ammonites by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thus saith the LORD; for three transgressions of the children of Ammon, and for four,I will not turn away the punishment thereof;because they have ripped up the women with child of Gilead,that they might enlarge their border: Amos 1:13

Ammon was ripe for judgment. These sons of Lot had filled up the measure of their iniquities and the Lord would not turn away His punishment.

Ammon was merciless in their cruelty, which extended even to the pregnant women. Certainly their sins were many, but the Lord clearly reveals to the prophet one of distinct concern – baby killing – that they might enlarge their border.
The Ammonites wanted to enlarge their borders, much in the same way as did Hitler. These were not content to remain in their own countries. They were not satisfied with their borders. They looked beyond those land demarcations to their neighbors and determined to possess them at any cost.

They formed armies and battle strategies. At times they even joined with other heathen nations in order to war against the children of Israel. They were led by a most wicked of rulers -- kings of the night who were possessed by an even more evil one. They considered not the effects of their torments on their neighbors. It mattered nothing to them to drive a sword deep into the belly of a woman who carried the most precious treasure of life within her. Merciless killers. Cruelty beyond measure. A lust for blood that could not be satiated.

They must have thought they were the great world leaders at the time. Oh how their armies gained power for their magnificent kingdom! How proud they must have been when they won their battles! What matter bloodshed, when the higher goal was being served? How tragic they never considered that there was a God in Heaven who would not allow their atrocities to continue. How glorious are His judgments against these wicked children of satan. No, the Great God of Heaven and Earth said no more and He purposed to destroy these Ammonites in the mighty fury of His wrath.

Fast forward 2013.
Do we believe the Ammonites have left us? Do we consider that their actions ceased in that day? This is just history, right? Think again.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:12

Babies are slaughtered en masse every day, in every city, in every nation by the millions. Take a look at this website and weep. Note that every single time a number changes, the precious life of one of God’s little ones is destroyed by spiritual Ammonites.

http://www.numberofabortions.com

I must enlarger my border! I need a bigger home, a university degree and a new car. How am I going to enjoy my trip to France next year, if I’m loaded down with a baby? My career comes first! I will have the executive office and will not let this “blob of cells” in my womb impede my plans! No way. I want bigger, and more and better. I’ve worked too hard to get here. I will form a government to ensure my right to choose is protected. I will elect a king over me who will lead my people in victory. What matter bloodshed, when the higher goal is being served?

And so are the cries of many 21st century Ammonites.
But God says, I will destroy you.
Take heed Ammonite, unless you repent, the wrath of the Lamb will fall upon you:

And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together;
and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men,
and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every
bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens
and in the rocks of the mountains;
And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us,
and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne,
and from the wrath of the Lamb:
For the great day of his wrath is come;
and who shall be able to stand?
Rev 6:14-17

Do we really think that these blood sacrifices to the devil will go on and on without God’s intervention? Do we believe we are righteous in supporting abortion? Do we not understand it is the design of satan to destroy? Jesus told us that the devil steals, kills and destroys and accomplishes much of his power through deceptive lies. If you subscribe to the pro choice (pro-death) movement, you have been deceived by the devil. The blood of millions and millions of innocents are on your hands. You are not guiltless, but rather, a partaker in evil. An evil that will bring eternal condemnation upon you.

God pleads with His people and has sent His servants to do the same. They cry day and night in the streets, in families, in churches, on the internet and in government against sin. Do we not have the witness in ourselves that abortion is evil, immoral, wicked and an atrocity? Will it take lightening to come down from Heaven or will it take God sending you an angelic being to proclaim that baby killing is heinous and an abomination to the Most High God? Should it not also be an abomination to us? And what of us who are “believers” in the gospel and proclaim the saving grace of Jesus Christ? Are we delivering our daughters to the doors of Planned Parenthood, with our checks in their hands? Do we think we are delivered to do such an abomination?

Consequences and the Remedy
The wages of sin is still death. Eternal separation from God. Damnation. The Lake of Fire. God has not changed His eternal ordinances in dealing with sin. He waits, He calls, He sent his only begotten Son to die for our sins and rise again for our justification. He desires that our sins be blotted out by the precious blood of Jesus. He sent his servants the prophets and established His church on earth to draw all men to Himself. He has commanded His church to be fruitful and multiply, teaching others the precepts of the Kingdom of God. He has given us a written record of His will for all of mankind. His Holy Spirit is in the earth, teaching His children the way of peace and restoration. He has established Jesus Christ as King of Kings and our King has armies going forth into all the world speaking true peace that is accomplished without bullets and violence.

We cry with one voice. Return. Leave the Kingdom of the Ammonites. Raise your children and don't destroy them! Repent. Make peace with God through King Jesus. Stand with the saints in light. We wait for you.
The Spirit and the Bride say, Come. All who are thirsty, Come. Whosoever will, let him take of the water of life freely. Seek the Lord while He may be found.

http://hoshiana./2013/04/23/21st-century-ammonites/
Re: 21st Century Ammonites by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2013

Dedicated to God’s precious little angels.

(1) (Reply)

Advertising Miracles By Churche, Is It Right? / Seven Things You Must Know About The End Time / Happy Sunday Nairalanders. What Do You Intend Doing Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.