Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land (7097 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria / Ghanaian Kente/kaba&sleete Vs Nigerian Gele/aso Oke / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 24, 2013
I saw the the Igbo one I though it was nice..so i decided to do one for Ghana

Akwapimhene (King of Akuapim)1920;'s

Former Asantehene Mensa Bonsu reigned from 1874 to 8 March 1883 before he was forced to abdicate. Shortly after Asanteman descended into a 5 year civil war with the 16 year old Kwaku Dua III Asamu/ Agyeman Prempeh I emerging as the new king on 26 March 1888

I think this should make the front page to show solidarity...

Asantehene’s Messengers-1856

Attendants of chief Abankwa of Obomeng 1888

http://www.etesenghana.com/beautiful-19th-century-ghana-in-pictures/

Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 24, 2013
Begoro musical instrument players 1888

Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 24, 2013
Yaw Sapong, King of Dwaben. This young man, King of the Asante town of Dwaben, which is now in ruins, is one of the great chiefs of the Asante King. 1888

Two goldsmiths in Ashanti. A goldsmith and his apprentice. They use what looks a broken upside-down pot with a small round hole at the ‘bottom’ as a furnace for shaping the gold. 1891

Hunter from Aburi 1883

Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 24, 2013
Ashanti Soldier/Hunter 1883

Bantama

Kente Weavers 1888

Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 24, 2013
Komfo Abokatobi 1899

Kwahu Ado Kwame; Abetifi chief Palace 1910's

Instrument Players 1888

Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 3:54am On Apr 24, 2013
Okombuo Bonduku

Okomfuo Bonduku 2

Okomfuo Bonduku 3

Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 24, 2013
procession, Prempeh II being enthroned

Prempeh II being knighted

Reinstatement of Prempeh I

white people entering Kumasi as prisoners in 1870

Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 24, 2013

Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Egbagirl(f): 7:59am On Apr 24, 2013
There's something bou Ghana and Ghanains that I like. I have to marry a Ghanaian by force. lipsrsealed Already given myself a Ghanaian name too!

Although sometimes, dem get comma o as with every group of people or culture I guess. Anyway, nice pictures! And Info
Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by oboy3(m): 6:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Intresting,Ghana smiley
Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
OP specify the name of the tribe in the title.like in the Igbo thread.
Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
The tribes in the pics....are Ewes,Ashantis and Akwapim
Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

oh so this is the thread about a country, not a tribe. I see.

It would have been better if you concentrated on just 1 tribe, so we can understand it at its full extent.

anywayz nice thread. smiley
Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
Nice thread. smiley

Mr knowitall.:

they are beautiful ppl. smiley
please post more.
Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 25, 2013
asantehene Otumfuo osei tutu II

Re: The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 25, 2013
Adowa dancers Ashanti

Borborbro dancers Ewes

(1) (Reply)

Is Black Really Beautiful? / Who Own Egusi And Pounded Yam / Culture And Tradition Of The Ogho (owo) Kingdom Of Ondo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.