Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) (28070 Views)

Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges / Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka / Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Mustay(m): 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
I'm not a fan of MTN but one has to really give thumbs up to their marketing department. There was no better way of making 'porting' apter than this.

Nice take over. Funny part is that the semi-literate fans can (and some will) follow him to the MTN port - the power of branding and goodwill this is!

3 Likes

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by sigba(f): 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
Kzinne: anyone who believes this rubbish must b a big fool
Nawa oo!! E never reach to call names na. It's for viewing pleasure like d Op said.

3 Likes

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by tripledub: 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mr. SAKA, WHY ON EARTH MAKES U THINK THAT U CAN CONVINCE UR NIGERIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS PORT TO THAT USELESS NETWORK CALLED MTN BECAUSE OF THE LOVE OF MONEY. I pity u. U just ended a lifetime relationship with the leading network.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by KwoiZabo(m): 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
coolSharp responce from etisalat to MTN for stealing their man. When I say saka in d front page of y'day's guardian advertizing for MTN I was pissed.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Barthx(m): 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
sigba:
Nawa oo!! E never reach to call names na. It's for viewing pleasure like d Op said.
i tire o!!
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
Dem fit kidnap saka for dis o
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by driand(m): 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
wow
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by vicade(m): 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
MTN should take a bow for pulling this off.I even downloaded the advert on my phone.

I'm sure etisalat paid Banky W much more than they paid Saka who i believe was on contract from the ad agency that has the etisalat account.

This Saka guy has more brand value and is more likeable/valuable than even all the Glo Ambassadors put together.

"I don upgrade to MTN"-Technical Knockout toh Bad grin

2 Likes

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Jerryjat(m): 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
lol's... dis people don fall MTN hand finish....
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by AVISENNA: 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
Yoruba for you
Na their way
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by jamst(m): 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
coolthis is hillarious! am enjoying this cool
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by JackDaniels1: 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
Its like ppl don't know how valuable this man is to be comparing Saka with any artiste or comedian in Nigeria.Saka And Banky W are not mate pls.Do you know Saka is a Lecturer and sure he should be a PHD holder by now and on his way 2 be associate Prof.Sir,thumps up.

2 Likes

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is the sort of commercial/advertorial/marketing stuff I like to see.

Those bland run-off-the-mill jingles making the rounds on nigerian airwaves bore me to high heavens.

Surely, Etisalat must Have a come back. And Davido won't cut it.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Jarus(m): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mustay: I'm not a fan of MTN but one has to really give thumbs up to their marketing department. There was no better way of making 'porting' apter than this.

Nice take over. Funny part is that the semi-literate fans can (and some will) follow him to the MTN port - the power of branding and goodwill this is!

Itv was a major coup, I tell you.

No other commercial could have fitted the portability message more.

The general belief is that Etisalat is going to be biggest gainer in this portability thing, and MTN the biggest loser.

Now, some psychological damage has been done to etisalat. And to add insult to injury, etisalat has been messing up recently. After I dumped my starcomms model for Etisalat (to aid my blogging from house), the etisalat network has stopped connecting in my hood for more than a week now. In fact, I was in Etisalat office in shoprite just last saturday to complain. Now, I'm thinking of buzzing into that office again and throwing the modem into their face and dashing out, creating a scene of 'I don port'. But honestly, the 9k I dished out for etisalat couple of weeks back is paining me.

2 Likes

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Qrisful: 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
Dear MTN,

Number porting is finally here in Nigeria, this means that you can switch from one network to another and still retain your number. Now my point is this, MTN i have been using your network for the past 10 years. You came into Nigeria and you realize the corrupt structure and capitalized on it and turned us your subscribers into mockery and slavery, you turned us into money making slave and subjected us to one of the worst network in the world, you realize how our number is important to us because it stands in the interim as our SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, even before the porting was announce you have spent billions of Naira in billboard and TV advert telling us that SAKA HAS PORT, but one thing you did not tell us which network is SAKA PORTING TO, you display nonchalant attitudes toward our plight because you feels you are doing us good by creating employment forgotten that your staff are subjected to the worse working environment, and you use them to better your money making adventure. you never believe this day will come, you never believe someday, it will be you or another network without losing my originality.

Dear MTN, you have made a lot of money from me through DROP CALLS, UNDELIVERED SMS, BAD NETWORK etc, now let me tell, if you like use Obama, Beyonce, Kanya west, Rihanna, Madonna or even resurrect MICHAEL JACKSON to do your billboard it will never change the hatred you have build for yourself within the Nigeria youth.
our request is simple and clear.
1. Unlimited calls from MTN 2 MTN which will not be more the #500 Naira a month.
2. Unlimited data access to all smart phones including blackberry with #500 Naira a month.
3. Better costumer service
4. Gradual refund of all the hiding charges you cost us.
Maybe you think this is just one of the social media freak but i tell you within one month and you did not implement this conditions majority of the youth will be leaving your low level network and will be taking their friends along. The power is now in our hands with a greater options for better service.

your sincerely
Qris Ebeatu

6 Likes

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Reference(m): 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
I don't think the regulators or whoever approves of these things will take kindly to the language and context of this advert as it affects the sensibilities of Nigerians. Doesn't portray us in particularly good light. I think its too crude to be real and coming from a foreign owned national teleco, no..... or i would be very surprised and disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by delikay4luv: 7:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
sigba:
help me tell am o
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by esere826: 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
@OP's flyer
Looks great and funnyy

but definitely not endorsed by Etisalat (I hope they're more intelligent than that)
Reason: Displaying 0809ja for life defeats the message of portability
that is, with the coming of portability, 0809 is a number that is no longer unique to etisalat
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by idriis: 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Make way, make way, make way....etisalat all di way...fuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk MTN battynetwork
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Jarus(m): 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Reference: I don't think the regulators or whoever approves of these things will take kindly to the language and context of this advert as it affects the sensibilities of Nigerians. Doesn't portray us in particularly good light. I think its too crude to be real and coming from a foreign owned national teleco, no..... or i would be very surprised and disappointed.

I can't see anything wrong in the language used in that ad.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by harlos: 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
Why is that I LOVE MONEY painted yellow

MTN
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by ceebo1420(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
How much is the new mtn bis for one month
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Ozenko(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
ceebo1420: How much is the new mtn bis for one month
bro Na only #1500 no longer 3k again o
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
mehn, see brain.

Saka don turn to keyword for Google search be that oo
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Exponental(m): 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
OCTAVO: MTN & ETISALAT wan tear SAKA into two...
SMH SAKA! grin
glo will settle it......watch out!
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by miqos02(m): 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
Jack Daniels: Its like ppl don't know how valuable this man is to be comparing Saka with any artiste or comedian in Nigeria.Saka And Banky W are not mate pls.Do you know Saka is a Lecturer and sure he should be a PHD holder by now and on his way 2 be associate Prof.Sir,thumps up.
not too many people knows the guy
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by miqos02(m): 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
JideTheBlogger: mehn, see brain.

Saka don turn to keyword for Google search be that oo
i tried it today
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
sheedy407: Na wa oh,na only saka dey use network for nigeria?

FOR ME TO STAY WITH ARSENAL SINCE 2004 TILL DATE,DEN I CAN AS WELL STAY WITH MTN SINCE 2005 TILL ETERNITY.
#Gunners..
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by ochukoccna: 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
blackwood: there is no way Saka can go back now to etisalat, there'll be a clause in his contract that will forbid it. he will pay with all he has if he does that.
Contract no dey expire
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by onegig(m): 9:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
i got an excellent ad for etisalat to counter mtn..not abusive but pitches their strengths and shows mtn failings.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones / Lenovo Shows Off Concept Flexible Smartphone, Smart Projector And A Lot More / Tecno Camon CM: Specification, Review & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.