Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) (28071 Views)

Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges / Saka Don Port O !!! Mtn Portability Advert With Saka / Hoodwinked By Etisalat Promo Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Ardedaryor(m): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
nice

concept

though
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by skyfall: 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
AVISENNA: Yoruba for you
Na their way

You're such a low-life.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by yeko68: 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Saka is a first class comedian and intellectual. He bagged M.A in Theater Arts from University of Ibadan in 1993, i wont be surprised if he is eating his cake and having it.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by brosdoncome(m): 10:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
Qrisful: Dear MTN,

Number porting is finally here in Nigeria, this means that you can switch from one network to another and still retain your number. Now my point is this, MTN i have been using your network for the past 10 years. You came into Nigeria and you realize the corrupt structure and capitalized on it and turned us your subscribers into mockery and slavery, you turned us into money making slave and subjected us to one of the worst network in the world, you realize how our number is important to us because it stands in the interim as our SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, even before the porting was announce you have spent billions of Naira in billboard and TV advert telling us that SAKA HAS PORT, but one thing you did not tell us which network is SAKA PORTING TO, you display nonchalant attitudes toward our plight because you feels you are doing us good by creating employment forgotten that your staff are subjected to the worse working environment, and you use them to better your money making adventure. you never believe this day will come, you never believe someday, it will be you or another network without losing my originality.

Dear MTN, you have made a lot of money from me through DROP CALLS, UNDELIVERED SMS, BAD NETWORK etc, now let me tell, if you like use Obama, Beyonce, Kanya west, Rihanna, Madonna or even resurrect MICHAEL JACKSON to do your billboard it will never change the hatred you have build for yourself within the Nigeria youth.
our request is simple and clear.
1. Unlimited calls from MTN 2 MTN which will not be more the #500 Naira a month.
2. Unlimited data access to all smart phones including blackberry with #500 Naira a month.
3. Better costumer service
4. Gradual refund of all the hiding charges you cost us.
Maybe you think this is just one of the social media freak but i tell you within one month and you did not implement this conditions majority of the youth will be leaving your low level network and will be taking their friends along. The power is now in our hands with a greater options for better service.

your sincerely
Qris Ebeatu

Qris Ebeatu don craze finish oh...u be real blackmailer cheesy
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by segunobe(m): 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
This a call to all phone users to boycott the use of MTN lines at least for the next few days or if have to use it,don't recharge your sim. Your airtime will be deducted without justification. Its happened to me twice today. The first timee,I called the customer service and the operative apoligised and said it will be refunded.that the deduction was due to maintanance. But when I asked when I will be refunded, he said "after the maintanance,pls just call us." When asked how long the maintanance will take so I'll know when to call back, he said "I really can't say". Only for me "load" my phone again and the same thing happened immediately after. I'm not trying to "pour sand in anybody's garri" but just so you all won't fall mugu. Cos if you no get airtime,you no fit mistakenly call,MTN doesn't have any freebies to offer subscribers and still turn around to "rob" us. Abeg this is too much.pls folks,avoid them like a plague if you can till after the "maintanance" wey no get end.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by seunlayi(m): 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
good or bad, I don't see anybody porting to mtn. have we all forgot the reason for this portability of no? Mtn and co where the first network to come on board nigeria gsm, many people who really need to use gsm services bought their lines and gave it out to people and now, they are well know with the number but unfortunately, this network were mis-behaving and at the same time, those who bought the lines have no choice than to keep managing those number because that ianal the no they do their business with, some of them that are smart embraced glo and etisalat when they came on board while others refused becos of the fear of losing their contact. And now, here comes the opportunity to change no to another network, which network do you think people with those old no under bondage will change to? Of course, mtn are surely the losing followed by airtel. And let me add this, almost everyone of us have at least three to four sims from different networks which we use as the situation demands. The only reason for no portability is just for us that bought our no 1 sims from mtn or airtel during those days when we rushed to buy sims without knowing what they have for us to change it to glo or etisalat period
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by ronnyfam(f): 11:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
Na their way

you dey maddddddddddddddddddddddddd oooo,oye oshi

1 Like

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by bizzle2: 12:25am On Apr 25, 2013
MTN na real thief oo, dose guys for dier strategy/marketing dept dey vex oo. lol grin . jst checked my balance on smooth talk and after d balance was displayed the mssg continued with...Text 501050 to bla bla bla to set Saka's "I don port" as your caller tune for FREE!!! cheesy N50 fee applies for new customers. can u imagine the bloody exploiters..now dey want folks to do PR/advertising for dem for free.great thinking actually , but Make dem shove dier free tunes up dier anus
I jst dey wait make the whole porting thing stabilize..na Teleport I go Teleport comot for MTN

1 Like

Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Carsonv(m): 5:34am On Apr 25, 2013
Saka don gain pass for number portability!
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Sike(m): 5:38am On Apr 25, 2013
Money Speaks...
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by rman: 5:46am On Apr 25, 2013
It will be difficult to determine which network the number your calling is on until the call is made and connected.

Calling Glo with Glo
MTN with MTN etc for those with multiple SIMS isn't necessary anymore.

No one needs more than two lines IMO.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Summersland(m): 6:56am On Apr 25, 2013
So people way dey use etisalat b maga
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by delors(m): 7:09am On Apr 25, 2013
Na their way
You don dey madt? undecided Baboon!
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by ewet: 7:10am On Apr 25, 2013
This is photoshop,its not possible for two brands in the same industry to share an ad agency let alone same person.However i really appreciate the creativity.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by blackwood(m): 7:26am On Apr 25, 2013
ochukoccna:
Contract no dey expire

read my sentence, i said there is no way Saka can go back NOW, maybe later but definitely not now, the ink never even dry for the contract not to talk of expire.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by bababuff(m): 9:00am On Apr 25, 2013
MTN will continue to big for a long time, because they most of the big multinational and oil companies sign on.

These companies buy lines for the staff in millions.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Ayohbk(m): 9:17am On Apr 25, 2013
this is not to bad any company but just the truth.........MTN is the whackest network one can imagine........they are notin but thieves.......the sum of 5kb/hr is always removed from my acct anytime i recharge.......ETIBABA all the way joor....
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by einsteine(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2013
KENNY BRANDMUSE

Who Really Ported Our Saka? The Guy Who Created The Character Speaks (READ)
Well, as a Professional, I wouldn’t want to respond to the Saka menace going on in town but then I keep getting emails upon emails from students, clients, fans and friends. People keep asking me several questions; why on earth did Saka port?
Relatedly, I went for a Strategic meeting with the Executive Board Members of a renowned bank, and the story came up again. In fact, they played the commercial and applauded the sheer brilliance of MTN.I actually heard one of the Excos saying ‘I’m going to port immediately.’ So I asked them: what worked for you in the commercial? Majority of them said ‘we just love this Saka man’
There’s nothing as powerful as that cultural connection and that humanness factor we display as brands. As I watch from a distance the recent Saka phenomenon I can only bow to this timeless advertising principle. Culture eats Strategy for breakfast. Hats off.
As the Creative Director who was privileged to have created the iconic Saka for advertising, I watch as this device takes on a life of its own and how it is gradually becoming a major case study in the history of Nigeria’s advertising. However, before I go to major brand lessons this should teach us, I shall quickly correct some insinuations flying round in our ad circle. Ad people canbe their own worst enemies. Don’t take my words for it.Go see Mad Men. However, it’s good to have a first person point of view to this saga.
For the record.
First, Saka was not a celebrity used for etisalat. Rather, he was a character we at Centrespread designed for an ad campaign that has come to take on a life of its own. When we did create the character bible, we needed a talent that could act the role and he came in for the casting like any other person. Looking at the screen test later on, we had no doubt that Saka was the man we were looking for. You must give credits to etisalat to have approved of our direction and choice. It really wasnot their ‘type’ of advertising. So, it was not a case of celebrity endorsement, it was a case of characterization. In Wendy’s ‘where is the beef’, the miniature old lady has become a phenomenon because of her characterization and Wendy wouldn’t dare joke with that.
Secondly, we must also quickly correct the impression that the ‘funny’ man was looking for money, hence porting to MTN. While it is a fact that all of us on this planet would want to be better paid for our talent, I know personally, that Saka gave his very best to us on etisalat’s campaign. He was not signed on a contract. Hewas paid like any other 3-month model arrangement. He was not paid the proverbial gbem . For the brand then, it was more of a tactical usage. He didn’t fit their typical advertising look and feel. Remember etisalat is the hip, classy and swag brand. Like I said earlier, we must credit them to have approved of the Saka idea in the first place. Although it was beginning to look like this was a devise that etisalat could own, going by the results it generated, Saka was treated like any other cast. I am very sure Banky W got more handsomely paidthan our beloved Saka. Far far. But where is Banky W today? He ported also. That is what you can refer to as celebrity usage. Saka was not treated as such.
The author Kenny Brandmuse is the creator of the popular Saka character in telecom television commercials. He is with the Orange Academy in Lagos
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by LARRIE(m): 10:37am On Apr 25, 2013
Saka, you are a sure guy:carry dey go
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by phillip001(m): 11:04am On Apr 25, 2013
4 mii na MTN 4 life
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by basadenet: 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
This one na photoshop.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Nwekeemmanuel: 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
Saka go 4 mtn.
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by Hardfact: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
Barthx: Saw this somewhere, not sure if it's official or someone is playing with photoshop. Just want to share for your viewing pleasure #enjoy#
I don laff taya!
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by sonikstargirl(f): 1:45am On Apr 26, 2013
War among 9ja networks... Am so much lovin dis... Promo tinz on point.. I pity glo ntwrk grin
Re: Saka MAGA DON PAY By Etisalat (Picture) by otipoju(m): 11:22am On Apr 26, 2013
Hilarious

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones / Lenovo Shows Off Concept Flexible Smartphone, Smart Projector And A Lot More / Tecno Camon CM: Specification, Review & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.