Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,333 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody (21913 Views)

Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison / Aisha Buhari Visits Mrs Osinbajo Over Death Of Her Grandmother HID Awolowo.photo / Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
coogar:
take it easy, the dude is right but he didn't articulate his points appropriately!

How is he right?

not exactly!
first n foremost, räpists are always protected in prisons. they section them away from gen-pop for rhe fear of backlash from the other prisoners. rapists/pëdophiles are endangered species in uk prisons. secondly, while everyone is awaiting trial, no one has been found guilty yet so it's possible to have a drunk driver and a murderer in the same wing in prison. after conviction, the prisoners are moved to the category that aligns with their crimes.

However, is it the right thing to do?? Bear in mind that rapists/pedos/murderers etc. can be on remand for more than a year...

the authorities believe scammers and terrorists are interlinked. the proceeds of scams has been known to sponsor terrorism!

This is laughable, tbh...

i am sure they were both on remand at this time.
the birmingham shooter would be moved to CAT A prison immediately or shortly after he's sentenced and the domestic abuser would be moved to CAT B!

Nah, they were both serving their licenses at the time...

Anyway, maximum security prisons are better than most mid-level prisons in the UK...
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
[s]
50calibre:
Hahahaha funny boy! You've redefined the meaning of a donkey to suit your mental deficiency. Lol you are right, I can't be your dad, I would have had you killed when you were born.

Risk assessments are done before putting two prisoners together, high risk prisoners are kept away from low risk prisoners just as the way a neo nazi or white supremacist guy can't be put together with a black dude. If two people are together, then it means they pose limited or no risk to each other.

Well, I've transcended the level of juvenile cursing or name calling so i would leave that to you but one thing I know for sure is that empty vessels make the loudest noise so focus on your A-levels and try not to do too badly so you can at last stop being a source of embarrassment to your parents.
[/s]

Silly cu.nt!!

I finished my A-levels when you were still humping tree branches in your village... grin

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by BankuTilapia: 5:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
There r 3 sides of this story, da average nigerian side which is ranting witout any facts, da side of UK prison officials and da truth. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
THEY WILL NOT. RATHER BUSINESS TALKING ABOUT EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT AND HOW IT AFFECTS THEM
andyanders: The House of Rep and Assembly should rise now and defend defenceless Nigerians in diaspora against this kind of treatment.

They should come up and handle cases like this than having a field day stealing the nation dry.

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
If na to share money our naija senators and reps go begin make noise de dance azonto but when it comes to do their job they all chicken out. Useless set of human being. Let a UK or US citizen die in naija police prison (thats even if they manage enter there) come see wetin dem US and UK go use una do. Useless bunch of human beings we call rapers and senathiefs.

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by cr7lomo: 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
50calibre:

Shut up!! I live close to a prison in Kent. I also have a relative convicted on drug charges who returns home once in a while. Prison has different security levels depending on the severity of your crime.

Look before you leap!

He must b a fugitive 2 liv prison, stop dcivin ppl here
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by coogar: 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
ShyM-X:

How is he right?

prisons have different categories
category A, B, C, D.

However, is it the right thing to do?? Bear in mind that rapists/pedos/murderers etc. can be on remand for more than a year...

you have to consider the population of prisoners and the distance to their visitors. besides, i know pëdos/rapists are kept in protective custodies in uk prisons.

Nah, they were both serving their licenses at the time...

it's quite odd but murder and domestic abuse both fall under violent crimes!

Anyway, maximum security prisons are better than most mid-level prisons in the UK...

maximum security prisons are worse - 23 hour lockdown is better than cat D prisons? come on - that's laughable!

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by 50calibre(m): 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
ShyM-X:
[s][/s]

Silly cu.nt!!

I finished my A-levels when you were still humping tree branches in your village... grin

Haha! Go and re-sit it or come il write a letter addressed to your exam board detailing your condition and you just might be entitled to a refund.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Inoknowbook: 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
50calibre:

Shut up!! I live close to a prison in Kent. I also have a relative convicted on drug charges who returns home once in a while. Prison has different security levels depending on the severity of your crime.

Look before you leap!

Ol'boy, of all the real estate space in UK, you chose to live very close to a prison and you have the effrontery to make it public? So, you be paddy man with the prisoners. And that actually brought home to me the saying that, 'birds of the same feathers usually flock together' grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by 50calibre(m): 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
cr7lomo.:

He must b a fugitive 2 liv prison, stop dcivin ppl here

Ok I'm a fugitive deceiving people. Happy?

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by 50calibre(m): 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
I no know book:

Ol'boy, of all the real estate space in UK, you chose to live very close to a prison and you have the effrontery to make it public? So, you be paddy man with the prisoners. And that actually brought home to me the saying that, 'birds of the same feathers usually flock together' grin grin grin grin grin

Boy do you know the proximity or you just assume? Do you also assume you know what you are talking about? Lol
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by coogar: 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
I no know book:

so the people living in islington should all relocate because they have 2 massive prisons in their borough?

you must possess the brain capacity of a pubic louse!

3 Likes

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
coogar:
prisons have different categories
category A, B, C, D.

That's on paper - people get dumped in cat B and C, regardless of the crime... Only those who're about to finish their sentence(s) are put in cat D prisons... Don't believe everything you read - it's different in real life situations...

you have to consider the population of prisoners and the distance to their visitors. besides, i know pëdos/rapists are kept in protective custodies in uk prisons.

What protective custody?? When the serial British pedos who was on the run in America for more than 30 yrs was arrested in 2010, he was dumped in HMP Winson Green with everyone else.. No protective custody!!!

it's quite odd but murder and domestic abuse both fall under violent crimes!

However, one's a lesser crime - and more time, people get just community service for domestic violence...except the person is a serial offender, or the case was presided over by a female magistrate(and that was what happened in my boy's case)...

maximum security prisons are worse - 23 hour lockdown is better than cat D prisons? come on - that's laughable!

I never compared maximum security prisons to cat D(open prison) - I compared it to both cat B and C... Inmates have access to more perks in MSP than both cat B and C prisons, tbh...
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Vincent41(m): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
eGuerrilla:

menh who ever goes to america is on his own...he can be arrested while trying to open de front door of his home....
Its better to be a king @ home dan a slave over there......so sad

watch?v=E0xEL4beJqQ

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by MillionDollars: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
ShyM-X:
The Nigerian High Commission is rubbish and Naija don't really care about its citizens, anyway....

That was the same way my boy's friend(a Nigerian as well) died mysteriously in Manchester prison, a few years ago, yet Nigeria didn't do nada to help the guy's mum... The prison authorities alleged that the guy committed suicide but those close to him said he was probably killed by some racist scums in prison... and he wasn't the type that would take his own life..

Nigeria is a useless country!
av dey or did dey even do anytin to d wan happenin in Nigeria... Aluu 4, boko haram,e.t.c....jst leave dem nd pray 4 ur own life
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Artistree: 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
what does Boniface mean?

so sad embarassed
You really are a Cow girl...mtcheeeewww!

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Vincent41(m): 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
andyanders: The House of Rep and Assembly should rise now and defend defenceless Nigerians in diaspora against this kind of treatment.

They should come up and handle cases like this than having a field day stealing the nation dry.

they can never do anytin,belive it...so its better for dem to seat down
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by ochukoccna: 6:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
How did Bonnie die
That is the question no one seems to want to answer
Why is Northumbria Uni keeping quiet on this matter
How come he was been prepared for cremation without his parents/nation's consent?
SO MANY QUESTIONS,NO ONE IS ANSWERING
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by 50calibre(m): 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
coogar:

so the people living in islington should all relocate because they have 2 massive prisons in their borough?

you must possess the brain capacity of a public louse!

Hahahaha! Help me tell him, It puzzles me the way some guys talk knowing fully well they got no idea what they are talking about.

don't know what come to his mind when he thinks of prison, maybe he thinks its kiri kiri prison
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Inoknowbook: 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
coogar:

you must possess the brain capacity of a public louse!

Coogar, u no go go find young man to devour? grin grin grin You won't find me dead or alive in any borough that has prison/s no matter the proximity. Try building it in my borough, and I'm gone. Anyway, no one would dare conceive that in my borough, it's too classy! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by coogar: 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
ShyM-X:

That's on paper - people get dumped in cat B and C, regardless of the crime... Only those who're about to finish their sentence(s) are put in cat D prisons... Don't believe everything you read - it's different in real life situations...

non-violent criminals are put in cat D prisons. people that are about to finish their sentences are also taken there to help them integrate back to the society gradually.

What protective custody?? When the serial British pedos who was on the run in America for more than 30 yrs was arrested in 2010, he was dumped in HMP Winson Green with everyone else.. No protective custody!!!

i don't believe this
every UK prison has a section for the nonces they are always segregated from the gen-pop according to rule 45. the prison risks paying huge compensation if they dump a pëdo with everyone else.

However, one's a lesser crime - and more time, people get just community service for domestic violence...except the person is a serial offender, or the case was presided over by a female magistrate(and that was what happened in my boy's case)...

community service for beating up a spouse? hell no - you get at least 12 months for that. violent crimes are serious crimes in the UK.

I never compared maximum security prisons to cat D(open prison) - I compared it to both cat B and C... Inmates have access to more perks in MSP than both cat B and C prisons, tbh...

it's a balancing act!
they have to compensate those on lockdown for 23 hrs with perks. cat B and C prisoners get more hours to associate with fellow inmates.

I no know book:

Coogar, u no go go find young man to devour? grin grin grin You won't find me dead or alive in any borough that has prison/s no matter the proximity. Try building it in my borough, and I'm gone. Anyway, no one would dare conceive that in my borough, it's too classy! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

so which of them is your borough? anuofia!

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by coogar: 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
dulphines:
So, you mean Ibori has all these luxury in prison as at now? That's not fair! He couldn't provide all these for those he governed. Please, put Cameron on phone right now!!!

ibori would have LED screen in his cell with satellite channels. UK prisons are like holiday camps. the only snag is the freedom and he can achieve that by being a model prisoner. model prisoners get extra benefits, they have access to most areas in the yard!
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
coogar:
non-violent criminals are put in cat D prisons. people that are about to finish their sentences are also taken there to help them integrate back to the society gradually.

Bro., it very rare to see people sentenced in court(no matter how small it is) taken to cat D prisons... They'd rather give them community service, than throw them there... There are plenty petty shoplifters in cat B and C prisons - and that's one of the most petty crimes you can commit...

i don't believe this
every UK prison has a section for the nonces they are always segregated from the gen-pop according to rule 45. the prison risks paying huge compensation if they dump a pëdo with everyone else.

Bro., they don't follow the rules - that's why people keep making complaints about the prison system... Also, UK prisons are overpopulated...

community service for beating up a spouse? hell no - you get at least 12 months for that. violent crimes are serious crimes in the UK.

People get community service and restraining order all the time for domestic violence when there's no bodily harm involved... Heck, people charged with affray are mostly given community service - I'm yet to see anyone sentenced to prison for affray!

it's a balancing act!
they have to compensate those on lockdown for 23 hrs with perks. cat B and C prisoners get more hours to associate with fellow inmates.

Most cat B and C prisoners are on 23 hrs lockdown as well... You only get more hours to associate if you work, go to the little college thing they do, and when the prison wardens/officers just feel like giving everyone some fresh air..
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by SELFWORTH: 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
Niger people. Me, me and me.

Generation after generation instead of getting better it gets worse.

Selfishness is in our veins and in the core being of our existence.

Someone died , and all you can read is some people boasting about where they live. Some people are even fighting like their lives depend on it. No sensitivity whatsoever.

The thread was opened to raise the profile of this case not for people to come here and boast about their knowledge of the prison service in the UK.

Selfishness (the disease that plagues Nigeria), is best displayed on this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by coogar: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
ShyM-X:

Bro., it very rare to see people sentenced in court(no matter how small it is) taken to cat D prisons... They'd rather give them community service, than throw them there... There are plenty petty shoplifters in cat B and C prisons - and that's one of the most petty crimes you can commit...

individual cases vary. there are so many variables attached. you would find out those shoplifters in cat B and C prisons are prolific offenders. ordinarily, no shoplifter should even go to court, the police almost always release them with a warning.

Bro., they don't follow the rules - that's why people keep making complaints about the prison system... Also, UK prisons are overpopulated...

so why wasn't he attacked cos i know every prisoner wants a pëdophile shanked!

People get community service and restraining order all the time for domestic violence when there's no bodily harm involved... Heck, people charged with affray are mostly given community service - I'm yet to see anyone sentenced to prison for affray!

when there's no established ABH/GBH, then it's difficult to even open a case. serial offenders go to prison for the pettiest of crimes. reoffending is the biggest turn-off for these UK judges. once there's a previous criminal record then it's touch-cloth!

Most cat B and C prisoners are on 23 hrs lockdown as well... You only get more hours to associate if you work, go to the little college thing they do, and when the prison wardens/officers just feel like giving everyone some fresh air..

B and C get at least 1-2 hrs in the morning and 1 hour for the walk around exercise nonsense they do around noon and another 1 hour association time just before dinner.
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by cheddarking(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
I pray there's a heaven for a thug.

Umale has gone to Gangsters Paradise.

R.I.P boy.
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by cheddarking(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
@Coogar are you a Pen Alumnus?
You're awfully clued up about life on the wing

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by coogar: 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
cheddarking: @Coogar are you a Pen Alumnus?
You're awfully clued up about life on the wing

pen alumnus ke? the information are not far-fetched! let's just say i am conversant with the happenings around me.

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
coogar:
individual cases vary. there are so many variables attached. you would find out those shoplifters in cat B and C prisons are prolific offenders. ordinarily, no shoplifter should even go to court, the police almost always release them with a warning.

I concur with the bolded...

so why wasn't he attacked cos i know every prisoner wants a pëdophile shanked!

People don't really get attacked in UK prisons like except when everyone's in the yard... and most people don't even go to the yard, tbh... They'd rather just stay in their cells, look for free burns, or go scheme for a quick shower..

when there's no established ABH/GBH, then it's difficult to even open a case. serial offenders go to prison for the pettiest of crimes. reoffending is the biggest turn-off for these UK judges. once there's a previous criminal record then it's touch-cloth!

I concur...

B and C get at least 1-2 hrs in the morning and 1 hour for the walk around exercise nonsense they do around noon and another 1 hour association time just before dinner.

That isn't the case in most prisons... I doubt they allow them to shower for 7 days a week... Most times, it's usually about 4/5 days a week... The only constant free hours they get out of their prison cells are the lunch and dinner breaks... and everyone gets locked back in, after getting their food...
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by KwoiZabo(m): 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
ShyM-X:
The Nigerian High Commission is rubbish and Naija don't really care about its citizens, anyway....

That was the same way my boy's friend(a Nigerian as well) died mysteriously in Manchester prison, a few years ago, yet Nigeria didn't do nada to help the guy's mum... The prison authorities alleged that the guy committed suicide but those close to him said he was probably killed by some racist scums in prison... and he wasn't the type that would take his own life..

Nigeria is a useless country!
you are a fool for saying Nig. Is a useless country what hav u done to make it useful
Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
KwoiZabo: you are a fool for saying Nig. Is a useless country what hav u done to make it useful

I'm trying to mentally civilise savagely nutters like you, by educating you about ancient mathematics - roger that!!

The mental revolution will not be televised!!! grin wink

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody by tellwisdom: 7:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
U.K??..I slap people there everyday like its a sport...why havnt i been locked up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senate Stops Nigerian Customs Vehicle Duty Ultimatum / How Aisha Buhari's Impostor, 'amina Villa' Duped Chicason Of N150 Million / FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.