Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison (11192 Views)

Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison / Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S / Protest Over Death Of Nigerian In UK Prison Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
Udoamaka Okoronkwo-Onuigbo, the mistress of a former governor of Delta State, James Ibori, has been released from a United Kingdom Prison after serving two years.

Okoronkwo-Onuigbo, who was tried alongside Ibori's sister, Christine Ibori-Ibie, was found guilty of money laundering and mortgage fraud and was sentenced to five years by Judge Christopher Hardy of a Southwark London Crown Court on June 7, 2010.

The two women were accused and subsequently convicted of handling proceeds of criminal transactions on behalf of Ibori while he was governor of Delta State.

The court however ordered that their sentences be served concurrently and Okoronkwo-Onuigbo was released in May.

The ex-convict has since returned to Nigeria and was seen in Abuja recently.

Ibori is presently in a UK prison where he is spending a 13-year jail term.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jun/27/823.html
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:00am On Jun 28, 2012
How i wish they were tried in U.S ?

They would have forgotten ever known a place called Nigeria.

80 years minimum in prison won't be enough for their crime against humanity.

3 Likes

Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by inspirenet: 10:31am On Jun 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: How i wish they were tried in U.S ?

smiley
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Cyberconnect12: 11:28am On Jun 28, 2012
How i wish they were tried in U.S ?

2 Likes

Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Afam4eva(m): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2012

Cyberconnect12: How i wish they were tried in U.S ?

See BOT.
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2012
I dont think its up to two years she been in jail,
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by member479760: 11:48am On Jun 28, 2012
Cyberconnect12: How i wish they were tried in U.S ?

Up Yankee! mutalib will never see outside world again!
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by ifihearam: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2012
She has nothing to loose oo
She has served her time
She has lots of money and cash to fall back 2
Young men will gladly marry her sef
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by ifihearam: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2012
She has nothing to loose oo
She has served her time
She has lots of money and properties to fall back 2
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2012
CHESSBOARD: I dont think its up to two years she been in jail,

2 years

If its 2 years to serve in federal prison and embezzle millions in usd that is ok.

The politician get pampered everywhere
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:51am On Jun 28, 2012
ifihearam: She has nothing to loose oo
She has served her time
She has lots of money and cash to fall back 2

Soon she will become commissioner for her bravery against all odds.

That is how PDP is doing it.

2 Likes

Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by killuminati(m): 11:53am On Jun 28, 2012
I wonder wat she's doing in Abuja o! Oh guess to see their godfather (GEJ) for the next line of action lol. Bunch of oles.
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by HighChief4(m): 11:54am On Jun 28, 2012
She should be re-arrested in Nigeria and tried as well. I know that will never happen, rather she will be celebrated and a church thanksgiving will be organized on her behalf. SMH

5 Likes

Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:56am On Jun 28, 2012
Ohhh

I guess she will soon organize testimony night.

Our Pastors will be glad to welcome her back,so far she is ready to pay tight.
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2012
I think Uk is a joke self.

2 years in prison is a slap on the face of those clamoring for justice and human right group.

US is still way better and dependable .

1 Like

Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2012
What was her offense ?

That lady is not supposed to do time, she is a victim of circumstance, which girl no go like befriend governor ? Dont believe everything the whiteman tells you, when they wanna seize fleece your money, they put allegations on your head. They survive by luring you to bring in money, then they seize d money...
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
Billyonaire: What was her offense ?

That lady is not supposed to do time, she is a victim of circumstance, which girl no go like befriend governor ? Dont believe everything the whiteman tells you, when they wanna seize fleece your money, they put allegations on your head. They survive by luring you to bring in money, then they seize d money...

Tell me the offense of million of people impoverished in Delta State due to their selfishness

Tell me the offense of those pregnant women that died during child birth all because the their state government could not provide good care.

Maybe we should call them VICTIM OF CORRUPTION
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by rusher14: 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2012

Do you think you have spoken intelligently?
If money was seized from her has you've just stated, can she prove the source of the funds?
You think the rest of the world allows for reckless acquisition of wealth without proper accountability.
She has served her time according to the Laws of the land though not a few people think that was lenient.
On the other hand a 3rd world country such as ours should be punishing these looters of public treasury even more otherwise it would be an encouragement to future looters.
I wish her the best in all her future dealings but hope she realises that she was lucky to have been caught in Uk rather than USA.

1 Like

Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
rusher14:
If money was seized from her has you've just stated, can she prove the source of the funds?
You think the rest of the world allows for reckless acquisition of wealth without proper accountability.
She has served her time according to the Laws of the land though not a few people think that was lenient.
On the other hand a 3rd world country such as ours should be punishing these looters of public treasury even more otherwise it would be an encouragement to future looters.
I wish her the best in all her future dealings but hope she realizes that she was lucky to have been caught in Uk rather than USA.
Granted the Delta States Citizen were ripped off by the great thief called Ibori, sorry Deltans. But What constitutes money laundering ? Lets go by the books, was she laundering money ? She wasnt. She was benefiting from a criminal empire in exchange for generous s.3.x she offered. She wasnt an accomplice. Highest the justice system could do is fine her and empty her account.
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Tell me the offense of million of people impoverished in Delta State due to their selfishness

Tell me the offense of those pregnant women that died during child birth all because the their state government could not provide good care.

Maybe we should call them VICTIM OF CORRUPTION
No, she benefited from corruption, doesnt warrant 4yrs in jail.
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=Billyonaire] No, she benefited from corruption, doesnt warrant 4yrs in jail.[/quote]

What is the difference?

Thief stole a property and thief collected it

Are they not both thieves?
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
rusher14:
I wish her the best in all her future dealings but hope she realises that she was lucky to have been caught in Uk rather than USA.

how i wish the chinese government was involved
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

how i wish the chinese government was involved

Death Sentence
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by redsun(m): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2012
UK prison na ajebo hostels.They are even contempleting letting prisoners have sex with their outside world partners in prisons.

Crazy oyinbos.I wonder what purpose imprisonment serves if prisoners don't feel the pain and discpmfort of being locked up?
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by bombwar(m): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2012

Y r u being jealous,,,,,,,,If u are in her shoe ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,U will do more,,,,,,,,,,,Pls welcome home my dear,,,,,,,,,,,,u derserve some wine,,,,,,,,,,,dis is gud news
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by texazzpete(m): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Granted the Delta States Citizen were ripped off by the great thief called Ibori, sorry Deltans. But What constitutes money laundering ? Lets go by the books, was she laundering money ? She wasnt. She was benefiting from a criminal empire in exchange for generous s.3.x she offered. She wasnt an accomplice. Highest the justice system could do is fine her and empty her account.

She was a partner in money laundering, not just his mistress. she actively participated in Ibori's criminal dealings. stop spreading misinformation angry
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by mensdept: 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2012

Nonsense. Our politicians are looting public funds and banking in the Western World. Does that make sense to you?

Our politiicans from Yar Adua to David Mark are fleeing abroad for medical checkup (and paying full price for services, that is, top dollars) to Oyibo/Arab doctors and nurses.

Does that make sense to you?

Our people are flying in to "Nigg.a Area" on Oyibo mans airlines, paying top dollars, pounds, francs, just to come to their Papa Land, and some dying on these foreign owned airlines (DANA Air.

DOes that make sense to you?

The white man is not actually working that hard anymore in regard to us acting like the Ni.gga Areans that they believe we are.
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2012
texazzpete:

She was a partner in money laundering, not just his mistress. she actively participated in Ibori's criminal dealings. stop spreading misinformation angry

It is his likes that gradually distort facts and corrupt history such that 5 years from now people will forget what Ibori did and make him a national hero
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Claus(m): 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Granted the Delta States Citizen were ripped off by the great thief called Ibori, sorry Deltans. But What constitutes money laundering ? Lets go by the books, was she laundering money ? She wasnt. She was benefiting from a criminal empire in exchange for generous s.3.x she offered. She wasnt an accomplice. Highest the justice system could do is fine her and empty her account.

Presumably you know more about the details of the case and the applicable laws than the actual judge that sentenced her.
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Bakreez: 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
bomb-war:

Y r u being jealous,,,,,,,,If u are in her shoe ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,U will do more,,,,,,,,,,,Pls welcome home my dear,,,,,,,,,,,,u derserve some wine,,,,,,,,,,,dis is gud news
my dear friend, you dont have to come online to display your high level of immorality. That lady suppose to languish in Nigeria prison becausew she is one of those reasons why more than 90% of Nigerians cant eat thrice daily with a dollar on the spot. You need to start thinking of how we build a better Nigeria and condemn corruption at evry stage. Have a nice time dear.
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Bakreez: 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
bomb-war:

my dear friend, you dont have to come online to display your high level of immorality. That lady suppose to languish in Nigeria prison because she is one of those reasons why more than 90% of Nigerians cant eat thrice daily with a dollar on the spot. You need to start thinking of how we build a better Nigeria and condemn corruption at evry stage. Have a nice time dear.
Re: Ibori's Mistress Released From UK Prison by Sagamite(m): 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2012

You are a person!

So her justifiable excuse for breaking a law is "Who would not do it"?

Bloody cretin!

So she did not launder money?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: I Won't Step Down For Sherrif - Markafi / We Want War Nnamdi Kanu Shows His Men Today PICS / Coalition Denies Report Of Death Of Four Fulani Herdsmen In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.