Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? (26045 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / How Often Do You Say "I Love You" In The Family?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Don't mind them, women are the worst thing that happened to mankind, i curse the day God almost killed us to create una.Tufiakwa

Bros,, I no go lie, i love women,,, I ve divided them in 2 the emotional and the logical!

You'll know the differences when you become experienced, they require different tacts.... U just need to understand who your with... theres always hope!!

lol
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2013
Daresh:

Oga abet don't project your issues with you wife to all women. How do you know ALL women don't say they are sorry? Abeg piss off and go and settle with your wife jor! angry

Your not married yet! Stick around, Youll learn a little about conflicts in a household and how things can easily go pear shaped

This is abount content not context!
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 25, 2013
Am sorry for my earlier assumption.
Sorry for what you are going through, however your generalisation about women hurts the point you are trying to make.
Its one woman not all women who have hurt you, I suggest you edit your title to get better feedback, most women reading aaare already at a defenssive due to your title.
Take care
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 10:47am On Apr 25, 2013
Princess zoe: The issue is, a woman can go against her husband instruction if it is going to affect her and the children. The women are the weaker sex, they are very sensitive. Husbands are meant to pay attention to details and listen to their wives complain. Now biblically, divorce is only granted when one of the partner has committed adultery if not, Mr. Man you must not remarry for the sake of your salvation.

Your fantastically close to the issue that broke the camels back! the kids welfare!

I wholly agree with you, Im actually now scared of remarrying cuz (at the risk of being crucified by all womenfolk)i can confirm women change once they have that ring on their finger (Abeg o! this is another topic for another day!!).

abi make i go cheat, so that io know have a biblical reason to save my soul.... (bad humour, dont take this serious, my pain is real, it doesnt mean i dont have a clear perspective, but i still appreciate a bit of humour!)

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Daresh(f): 11:56am On Apr 25, 2013
True NaijaBwoy:

Your not married yet! Stick around, Youll learn a little about conflicts in a household and how things can easily go pear shaped

This is abount content not context!

Ol boy I'm married. Proudly 5 years and 2 kids. My issues and your issue are diff. From my experience men are the ones who dont apologize. Do you see me going around to announce it? Men want a perfect wife, what have u done to deserve. Talking about how women change when d ring is on their finger. You did you not change? Do u to her out on dates like you used to? Do u buy her those gifts you used to buy? Or do you leave her at home with kids to do nothing but vex all day, cooking and cleaning. Do u buy her flowers? Or do u go and hang out with the guys after work and come home at 10pm? You changed and you don't want her to. Silly you

10 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
Point 1 i do apologise, im not afraid to be sentimental!
Point 2 Women changing after the ring goes on, thats another issue! It a default land mine... this is not what this is about!!
Point 3 we initially had financial strangle on us that i felt was both to our mutual understanding, obvisouly not, im an absolute extrovert, she knew this about me and loved this about me,she also has this in her nature,but i firmly go to work n go home to spend time with the family, my time with the guys is playing on a footy weekend, which i have cancelled on a numerous occassion to hang with family,,, my flexibility has never been an issue... she also loves my relationship with kids which never changed, she will always tell you 1 thing, i am a good father and a hands on dad as she is a good mum,,, our problems was never us a a couple,,, its the external factors which are crippling and undermining us.
by the by,,,, I'm a very good cook and do cook for her, and my saturday is typically a house cleaning blitz by me,, especially sat mornings,,, this is neither here nor there, my point is i am not shy to be soppy if i feel happy!

silly me, maybe!! but we both deserve happiness even if its apart!!

I will say one fair thing, women(maybe her) prefer to see what they want to see rather than appreciate the personalised effort!

kai, una don turn me to agony uncle!!
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Daresh(f): 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
True NaijaBwoy: Point 1 i do apologise, im not afraid to be sentimental!
Point 2 Women changing after the ring goes on, thats another issue! It a default land mine... this is not what this is about!!
Point 3 we initially had financial strangle on us that i felt was both to our mutual understanding, obvisouly not, im an absolute extrovert, she knew this about me and loved this about me,she also has this in her nature,but i firmly go to work n go home to spend time with the family, my time with the guys is playing on a footy weekend, which i have cancelled on a numerous occassion to hang with family,,, my flexibility has never been an issue... she also loves my relationship with kids which never changed, she will always tell you 1 thing, i am a good father and a hands on dad as she is a good mum,,, our problems was never us a a couple,,, its the external factors which are crippling and undermining us.
by the by,,,, I'm a very good cook and do cook for her, and my saturday is typically a house cleaning blitz by me,, especially sat mornings,,, this is neither here nor there, my point is i am not shy to be soppy if i feel happy!

I will say one fair thing, women(maybe her) prefer to see what they want to see rather than appreciate the personalised effort!

Whatever men. I have my issues to deal with, find a solution to your problems and you 2 solve your issues and stop bringing in outside forces.

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by mankand(m): 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
Sorry is not in a woman's dictionary Shikenah
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TheMadame(f): 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
OP,
i am sorry to hear about your issues. So sad,because I hate to hear about marriages that collapse.
On the other hand I still feel that in a marriage where love still exists,the two parties in a marriage should regard themselves as equal partners in a venture,although the husband is the first amoung equals. Husbands and wives should never stop communicating,and I feel that the time you spent opening this thread could have been spent expressing your likes/dislikes to your wife instead of going ahead with divorce proceedings.
Your wife has refused to say sorry to you and she has allowed third parties to interfer in your relationship,but you are the head of the house and I feel you need to be the bigger person and explain your stand to her.
There are children between you and I feel you should take them into consideration before continuing your actions.
There is still hope for you union and from the sad tone of your thread I do not think you really want to go through with this.
I advise you to have a change of heart.
And for your information NO marriage is perfect,certainly not mine but me and my husband work hard everyday to make it work-I advise you and your wife to try and do the same.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
Husband, your post sound as if it's only 'her' marriage breaking not yours. Given all the nice things you claim you do, one will wonder at the "irrationlity" of this woman you obviously still love abi? Man, say the sorry! You clearly have identified the problem, then tackle it together. Marriage is serious, divorce is final. If, after the divorce, you want her back her family might not trust you enough to give her to you again.

Go to the mountain if it won't come to you. PELE.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
I'm still trying to understand what exactly your problem is @OP.

Are you venting because your wife refused to say sorry? OR Are you vexing because she's also calling your bluff and ploughing ahead with the divorce?

Since you are such a wonderful,excellent and marvellous husband,she must be very foolish to let such a rare gem go.Nawa oo.
She has shown that she won't beg you,she's not ready to say sorry to you and all this epistle writing won't change that.I believe the energy you are expending here would be put to better use by expressing exactly how you feel if you can.It's obviously paining you that she's ready to let you go.

Isn't there a way you both can block the 3rd party thing and face your lives squarely?You have kids and divorcing because of 3rd party influence is rather wierd.You have said you have no problems as a couple so i'm kind of baffled.
You need to man up and take charge of your home.
So if you both go before a judge and they ask the reason for divorce,you will say it's cos she refused to say sorry? shocked shocked. Ife nkea dikwa egwu.This is the first time i'm hearing such o.

Good luck to you both.No marriage is perfect,every one has it's own issues.I guess you thought she would be scared and start backtracking as soon as you mentioned divorce?Some women are hard and maybe she's tired of you sef,cos i can't see how a normal woman with a good and loving husband like you would just choose divorce over tackling the 3rd party issue?

Pele oo sah!!
PS- loads and loads of women say i'm sorry even when they are not wrong just to keep the peace.A good woman who has a good man would do anything to protect and keep her home.Many women go the extra mile just for the sake of the kids and answering Mrs at all costs not to talk of people who have genuine loving husbands.

9 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
OP, do you know the underlying reason for her behavior towards you? Not the superficial reasons you've put up here. So no, it's not just because she won't say sorry. Her not saying sorry is probably a symptom of something else. No, it's not because of her family. If she were simply a sheep doing what anyone tells her, then why won't she follow all your own instructions? So again, do you know the underlying reason for her behavior? If you know it and it is not something that can be dealt with, then good luck with the divorce. If you don't know it but are at the point where you don't care anymore, good luck with the divorce. If you don't know it and may be curious to know, maybe one last ditch effort would be to try to uncover the root cause and see if it can be addressed.

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
ileobatojo: OP, do you know the underlying reason for her behavior towards you? Not the superficial reasons you've put up here. So no, it's not just because she won't say sorry. Her not saying sorry is probably a symptom of something else. No, it's not because of her family. If she were simply a sheep doing what anyone tells her, then why won't she follow all your own instructions? So again, do you know the underlying reason for her behavior? If you know it and it is not something that can be dealt with, then good luck with the divorce. If you don't know it but are at the point where you don't care anymore, good luck with the divorce. If you don't know it and may be curious to know, maybe one last ditch effort would be to try to uncover the root cause and see if it can be addressed.

You are right there are underlying reasons...

They are way too numerous to mention but a lot have to do with inferences suggesting she is hated.. naturally, she seeks comfort and sollace from me and her family. unfortunately my assurances are considered biased which makes her belive her family support and assurances are the best (because its what she wants to hear!)... for all its worth, she is not hated and its been a very difficult climb to assure her of this. This unfortunately impairs her judgement (a lot) and subsequently creates toxic tension..

my failings - if i could turn things around,,,im speechless - how do you tell people stop hating on her when you know they dont, i did discuss it anyway - naturally, it didnt quell but it created an uncomfortable environment for all. nothing becomes natural and everyone holds there guards... (trust me,,,, this is a effd up situation to be in). throw kids in the mix and you realise, there are efforts being made to keep the kids away from them despite assurances that this mythical hate is not being passed on to the kids. (like i said this is not a weekend activity, its been years of this).

The issue of the apology, is one that is important for us.... (please, im a lot of things but not a chauvanist)its for her to appreciate im the bobo of the house, it one that should show that i have her best interest at heart, its for her to appreciate the risk the kids where placed in, it for her to understand that i was undermined in the midst of a lot of people, its for her to understand her role as a wife and how it fits into our module........ the apology is a make or break one,,,,

I believe she understands the relevance,,,, why else is it so difficult for her to utter the words that could have saved her marriage.....

trust me,,,, divorce was never been my forte!!
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
[b][/b][b][/b]Heres a question to my respondents so far?

Would you say, i am sorry to your hubby (whether his wrong or right or your wrong or your right!) just to keep the peace?

Do you truly appreciate the power of these words in a marriage?

This forum is not to help me with whats been decided but to highlight the importance of these words in a marriage.... I may not be the best to give out marital advise but i can sure edcuate you on how not to approach things...

The reality is a man needs his integrity/dignity in his home,,, accord him that much and he'll sing you praises...... men are big babies and they love a pampering wife..... you are allowed to nag, scream, yell and shout at him to the hell freezes,,,, just be sure to cuddle him after you change his diapers (this is metaphorically speaking o!) and he'll sing you goo-goo-ga-ga! (its called mutual respect!).

Its the little trivialities that do the most damage...... i may be wrong! please enlighten me!!!

For the love of Allah, People should stop persecuting me about the title of this thread.... im sorry o,,,,,
Ill call it why cant she say im sorry?

Heres a question to my respondents so far?

Would you say, i am sorry to your hubby (whether his wrong or right or your wrong or your right!) just to keep the peace?

This forum is not to help me with whats been decided but to highlight the importance of these words in a marriage.... I may not be the best to give out marital advise but i can sure edcuate you on how not to approach things...

The reality is a man needs his integrity/dignity in his home,,, accord him that much and he'll sing you praises...... men are big babies and they love a pampering wife..... you are allowed to nag, scream, yell and shout at him to the hell freezes,,,, just be sure to cuddle him after you change his diapers (this is metaphorically speaking o!) and he'll sing you goo-goo-ga-ga!

Heres a question to my respondents so far?

The reality is a man needs his integrity/dignity in his home,,, accord him that much and he'll sing you praises...... men are big babies and they love a pampering wife..... you are allowed to nag, scream, yell and shout at him to the hell freezes,,,, just be sure to cuddle him after you change his diapers (this is metaphorically speaking o!) and he'll sing you goo-goo-ga-ga!

2 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by safeLove(f): 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2013
Honestly,I feel your pain@ OP. Its obvious you love your wife and you don't want to let her go.

I want to believe( not assuming) you have tried to make her change her mind and at least apologise for putting you both and the kids in such mess.

I think you should make one last effort on reconciliation by apologising to her and sincerely pleading with her. I don't think there's any harm in that,at least for the kids sake. Eyaaa.. (Hate to see a grown man cry).
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Daresh:

Whatever men. I have my issues to deal with, find a solution to your problems and you 2 solve your issues and stop bringing in outside forces.

Lmao Deresh, the guy seem to have answers for everything.

@Madam, excellent post, I always tell my hubby , I can only accept one third party involved in my marriage and that'll be a psychologist/marriage counsellor , they will divulge both party their faults without disposition , no marriage is perfect, we all have our drama to deal with in a sophisticated way. cool when the good qualities outweigh the bad a great deal I guess saying sorry will not be such a big deal.

@hispinkolo... Nice post , my initial Point; Man up and take charge of his home!

And lastly OP, I don't need 5min of fame to express my opinion hence the final decision is yours, obviously the ambience in your matrimonial home is unpleasant and a mess presently. IMO , you are both adults so clean your mess up yourselves, however if one party wouldn't own up to her shît , it's the other's mandatory responsibly to clean it up because you're a TEAM! = Marriage

So it's up to you if she's worth cleaning up after , like @ileoba said good luck with your divorce if you know deep down its not worth dealing with. Ciao

P.S if she's worth it then there're wide range of marriage counsellors and mediators to look into.
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

Lmao Deresh, the guy seem to have answers for everything.

@Madam, excellent post, I always tell my hubby , I can only accept one third party involved in my marriage and that'll be a psychologist/marriage counsellor , they will divulge both party their faults without disposition , no marriage is perfect, we all have our drama to deal with in a sophisticated way. cool when the good qualities outweigh the bad a great deal I guess saying sorry will not be such a big deal.

@hispinkolo... Nice post , my initial Point; Man up and take charge of his home!

And lastly OP, I don't need 5min of fame to express my opinion hence the final decision is yours, obviously the ambience in your matrimonial home is unpleasant and a mess presently. IMO , you are both adults so clean your mess up yourselves, however if one party wouldn't own up to her shît , it's the other's mandatory responsibly to clean it up because you're a TEAM! = Marriage

So it's up to you if she's worth cleaning up after , like @ileoba said good luck with your divorce if you know deep down its not worth dealing with. Ciao

P.S if she's worth it then there're wide range of marriage counsellors and mediators to look into.

I actually like this.... its constructive

p/s youve spotted my apparent flaw.......... i have an answer for everything (cuz im fairly objective and obsessively rationale)!
i am trying to address this and see things in its natural context! allah dey!!

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
I bet if you expressed half of what you're pouring out on this thread and your woman is sane and not bipolar, she'd listen and know she's at fault..... see a marriage counsellor and stop all these NL drama that'll not yield anything for you.

To answer your question, YES I will say sorry, Love is not proud.
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by bukatyne(f): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
True NaijaBwoy: Point 1 i do apologise, im not afraid to be sentimental!

Hi OP

The only reason I would want to hear about divorce is cheating and abuse. Since it has not degenerated to that level, please do you can do to salvage your marriage and love.

If you really love your wife and you think there is no issues between you two apart from the third party interference, why don't you pull the bulls by the horn and relocate or cut the third party influence to the barest minimum? Warn them to keep off your home and family; Warn your wife from relating everyday issues in the home with them; When they come with unsolicited advise, tell them to pocket it etc.

Do all you can do so that in future, you wouldn't turn on your lonely bed and regret not doing/doing some things due to pride and arrogance. Do not also underestimate the power of prayer.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
True NaijaBwoy:

You are right there are underlying reasons...

They are way too numerous to mention but a lot have to do with inferences suggesting she is hated.. naturally, she seeks comfort and sollace from me and her family. unfortunately my assurances are considered biased which makes her belive her family support and assurances are the best (because its what she wants to hear!)... for all its worth, she is not hated and its been a very difficult climb to assure her of this. This unfortunately impairs her judgement (a lot) and subsequently creates toxic tension..

my failings - if i could turn things around,,,im speechless - how do you tell people stop hating on her when you know they dont, i did discuss it anyway - naturally, it didnt quell but it created an uncomfortable environment for all. nothing becomes natural and everyone holds there guards... (trust me,,,, this is a effd up situation to be in). throw kids in the mix and you realise, there are efforts being made to keep the kids away from them despite assurances that this mythical hate is not being passed on to the kids. (like i said this is not a weekend activity, its been years of this).

The issue of the apology, is one that is important for us.... (please, im a lot of things but not a chauvanist)its for her to appreciate im the bobo of the house, it one that should show that i have her best interest at heart, its for her to appreciate the risk the kids where placed in, it for her to understand that i was undermined in the midst of a lot of people, its for her to understand her role as a wife and how it fits into our module........ the apology is a make or break one,,,,

I believe she understands the relevance,,,, why else is it so difficult for her to utter the words that could have saved her marriage.....

trust me,,,, divorce was never been my forte!!

A bit cryptic, but if I understand what you're trying to say, the problem is that she feels that ?your family hate her. You know they don't hate her and you assure her of it but she feels you are biased towards your family and that you don't see what she is seeing. Her own family on the other hand seem to identify with her point of view. You tried to tell your family of the way she feels but it didn't work and only made everything even more awkward.

So essentially you have an us against them situation in your home between the two families. Now you insist on her saying she's sorry because you feel she is wrong in believing she is hated, essentially you feel she is the cause of the rift in the family. She has refused to say sorry because she still believes she is hated and feels you haven't stood up for her enough.

Is that about right?

3 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
Why would anyone say sorry when they are not in the wrong? You set up yourself for being taken as a doormat my friend and from experience its a very very difficult tide to reverse. It sends the message to the other party that you need them more than they need you. Its like the law of demand and supply and you've sold yourself cheap..my 2 cents
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
And by the way, I do support seeing a marriage counselor. They are neutral parties and things that cannot be said to elders in the family can be said to a marriage counselor. If you had seen one all along, they would have taught her how to say sorry by now since that's what you now feel is your primary problem. What she needs to learn is how to say sorry for the causing hurt feelings, not necessarily saying sorry for actions she may not be sorry for (when she feels she is right). For instance, sorry my actions made you feel that way. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Sorry I didn't listen to what you were trying to say. Sorry I didn't respect your point of view etc.

I'm sure you too could learn a thing or two about managing a difficult woman from the counselor.
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
Morayo747: Why would anyone say sorry when they are not in the wrong? You set up yourself for being taken as a doormat my friend and from experience its a very verr difficult tide to reverse. It sends the message to the other party that you need them more than they need you. Its like the law of demand and supply and you've sold yourself cheap..my 2 cents

love is not proud!
Saying im sorry for how your partner feels shouldnt mean she cant say sorry for how she reacted because of how she felt!

i guess it takes a certain kind of mindset to appreciate this!!
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
[i]i pray God restores peace in your home.....an advice, alwys pray together
[/i
]

2 Likes

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Daresh:

Ol boy I'm married. Proudly 5 years and 2 kids. My issues and your issue are diff. From my experience men are the ones who dont apologize. Do you see me going around to announce it? Men want a perfect wife, what have u done to deserve. Talking about how women change when d ring is on their finger. You did you not change? Do u to her out on dates like you used to? Do u buy her those gifts you used to buy? Or do you leave her at home with kids to do nothing but vex all day, cooking and cleaning. Do u buy her flowers? Or do u go and hang out with the guys after work and come home at 10pm? You changed and you don't want her to. Silly you

....I like dis dude grin
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by foliks(f): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
Go watch Mr and Mrs
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
...fact is, if u really did care and for the sake of ur kids, u'd fcking swallow your pride and make things work with her! Tho' she might be wrong (buh thinks she's right) it takes a real man to apologise for something he didn't do and make things work for peace to reign
In other words you and ur wife have got problems wit pride

If you've failed in ur marriage, you've failed in EVERYTHING! undecided

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

A bit cryptic, but if I understand what you're trying to say, the problem is that she feels that ?your family hate her. You know they don't hate her and you assure her of it but she feels you are biased towards your family and that you don't see what she is seeing. Her own family on the other hand seem to identify with her point of view. You tried to tell your family of the way she feels but it didn't work and only made everything even more awkward.

So essentially you have an us against them situation in your home between the two families. Now you insist on her saying she's sorry because you feel she is wrong in believing she is hated, essentially you feel she is the cause of the rift in the family. She has refused to say sorry because she still believes she is hated and feels you haven't stood up for her enough.

Is that about right?

you are spot on but the sorry is for a whole new incident which occured stemming from the tension between the familes and us and involving the kids.... sorry for being cryptic,,, but i prefer to drip feed info at this point!

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
True NaijaBwoy:

Haba! we, ve only just started.... I'll let you all into my mindset in good time!

All i'll hint is this!.... Would you as a married woman go 100% against your husbands instruction simply because you have your family backing?
never I have my own family with my husband, my parents and siblings are secoundary. May be your wife is tired of the marriage that's why she doesn't want to apologise.

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by TrueNaijaBwoy: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
carr96: ...fact is, if u really did care and for the sake of ur kids, u'd fcking swallow your pride and make things work with her! Tho' she might be wrong (buh thinks she's right) it takes a real man to apologise for something he didn't do and make things work for peace to reign
In other words you and ur wife have got problems wit pride

If you've failed in ur marriage, you've failed in EVERYTHING! undecided

and what about tommorrow,,, how often do you swallow your pride before you realise youve lost your self respect?
Re: Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
True NaijaBwoy:

love is not proud!
Saying im sorry for how your partner feels shouldnt mean she cant say sorry for how she reacted because of how she felt!

i guess it takes a certain kind of mindset to appreciate this!!
And see where your mindset has landed you!! Saying sorry when you're not wrong especially to someone who will not reciprocate the gesture makes you a DOORMAT no ifs no buts. Sorry but truth is bitter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Categories Of Husbands You Will Mostly Find In Nigeria / 10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / Man Snatches Friend's Wife And 5 Children; Says He Fathered Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.