Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,562 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. (1286 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by Unseen(m): 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
The MTN Mobile Number Portability advert has been making waves that people failed to notice that Airtel politely but directly attacked MTN in its own advert. Comparing both ads, I preferred Airtel's , to me its more professional. What do you think ?

MTN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1xbGGQyJwQ

Airtel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&hl=en-GB&gl=NG&v=obuExNafSCA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fgl%3DNG%26hl%3Den-GB%26client%3Dmv-google%26v%3DobuExNafSCA
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by Unseen(m): 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
Sorry am posting with mobile, but links are working sha.
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by toluleke(m): 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
we don port go etisalat we don upgrade go etisalat.................foolish...MOBILE THIEVES NIGERIA OR NETWORK
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by Unseen(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
Hmmmmm
Airtel for life
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by prince4pro(m): 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
airtel here i come
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by Unseen(m): 6:04am On Apr 25, 2013
prince4pro: airtel here i come

Na so, my guy.
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by luluosas(m): 7:00am On Apr 25, 2013
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by Unseen(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
Waiting for Etisalat. Na only God know Wetin they go do MTN for their Ad.
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by Ayowumie(m): 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Unseen: Hmmmmm
Airtel for life
The advert is flawed to some extent. The colour of the house number should have changed to reinforce the house change.
Here is the explanation: Number portability is about changing your network provider (THE HOUSE) while retaining the number (THE HOUSE NUMBER), with the network name on your phone changing (This can be likened to colour of the house number). Your house and your house number are one and the same. Hence, the house number should reflect that sameness, therefore I think, the house number should have also changed to AIRTEL COLOUR.
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by Unseen(m): 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ayowumie:
The advert is flawed to some extent. The colour of the house number should have changed to reinforce the house change.
Here is the explanation: Number portability is about changing your network provider (THE HOUSE) while retaining the number (THE HOUSE NUMBER), with the network name on your phone changing (This can be likened to colour of the house number). Your house and your house number are one and the same. Hence, the house number should reflect that sameness, therefore I think, the house number should have also changed to AIRTEL COLOUR.

No sir. When you port. Your original network still remains the owner of the line but you are using it with another network. If for any reason your line is churned or terminated maybe for lack of usage over a long time, the number returns to the original network for recycling. So in the Ad, the number should remain yellow, cause its MTN line but lives in sparkling Airtel house.
Re: Airtel Vs MTN Mobile Number Portability Ads. by Unseen(m): 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
Unseen: Waiting for Etisalat. Na only God know Wetin they go do MTN for their Ad.

Etisalat fall my hand big time.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=WmCltATrKJM

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Ios 6.1.3 And Wifi Problem On Ipad 2 ? / Blackberry App Error 523 / What Is It With Airtel And Northerners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.