Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! - Events (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! (264614 Views)

(PIC) - Is This The New Trend On Wedding Day? / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by iamhistreasure: 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
Please I need beautiful styles of long gown I can sew for my introduction. My colour is royal blue. Thank you
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Olaimpeccable(f): 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
[quote author=Shininstar30 post=39393107]

Purple and peach[/quote

It's a nice combo

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Johnsonsp(m): 7:02am On Dec 02, 2015
My question is, can introduction and engement be done together in one day? Also need a good idea on how to plan this if yes..my budget is around 150k to 200k.

Thank u
Sp
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by kaffydal(f): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
Good afternoon great pple of a great country,plz my bestie traditional wedding is coming up early next year we are stil confused abt d color,she loves mint green buh we don't know which other color wil go with it although i choose peach or fushia pink and grey color.
One major problem we are facing is how to combine d color for decoration, cake,for couple,sweet ladies and for Bride's elder sisters....we don't want everything to look matchy matchy....plz help me and my sister from anoda parent
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by chiefwedslolo(f): 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
kaffydal:
Good afternoon great pple of a great country,plz my bestie traditional wedding is coming up early next year we are stil confused abt d color,she loves mint green buh we don't know which other color wil go with it although i choose peach or fushia pink and grey color.
One major problem we are facing is how to combine d color for decoration, cake,for couple,sweet ladies and for Bride's elder sisters....we don't want everything to look matchy matchy....plz help me and my sister from anoda parent

Create a color palette with mint, various shades of pink, teal, yellow, and neutrals like brown, gold and champagne to create a cohesive visual theme that isn't too matchy matchy.

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by silvoice(m): 4:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
My dearest NLanders, my wedding is coming up 13th of February, 2016. So please I need those who have done their wedding to help me ans. My questions here so that I can have a successful event. My questions are:
1. Which is the best way to engage vendors eg. decorators,rentals, photographers etc. Give them advance fee now or wait maybe a week to that event. Again, is it wise to pay them complete or pay balance after the event?
2. Right now, I don't have any plan for Honeymoon. In fact, I'm thinking of resuming work at most 2days after my wedding, how did you spend your honeymoon? Is it really important for a hustler like me who does not have a regular job- I don think so? How would you advice me to spend this, maybe 48hours honeymoon, to avoid further financial expenses and not make my wife feel bored and disappointed?
Pls I need candid response from those that have done their wedding, Pls share your experiences with a brother, you never know, your might be helping a soul to succeed, just as you have succeeded.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Mariecakes(f): 8:55am On Dec 26, 2015
silvoice:
My dearest NLanders, my wedding is coming up 13th of February, 2016. So please I need those who have done their wedding to help me ans. My questions here so that I can have a successful event. My questions are:
1. Which is the best way to engage vendors eg. decorators,rentals, photographers etc. Give them advance fee now or wait maybe a week to that event. Again, is it wise to pay them complete or pay balance after the event?
2. Right now, I don't have any plan for Honeymoon. In fact, I'm thinking of resuming work at most 2days after my wedding, how did you spend your honeymoon? Is it really important for a hustler like me who does not have a regular job- I don think so? How would you advice me to spend this, maybe 48hours honeymoon, to avoid further financial expenses and not make my wife feel bored and disappointed?
Pls I need candid response from those that have done their wedding, Pls share your experiences with a brother, you never know, your might be helping a soul to succeed, just as you have succeeded.
Never make full payments!!! @ least 80% payment depending on the vendor some acept as low as 60%, pay blance after the event, on that day or a dsy after.You should start paying some vendors now or early January, It shows commitment, and soo they can book your date it also makes thing a bit easier for you E.g :
Cake ,bakers need time depending on the design,
Decorators might need some props that will take time to deliver..
Hall Some hall managers are funny they can give the hall to someone else willing to pay more as long as you havent paid anything even after negotiations and conclusions. . Do not wait a week to the wedding befor paying ANY vendor
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by silvoice(m): 5:48pm On Dec 26, 2015
Mariecakes:
Never make full payments!!! @ least 80% payment depending on the vendor some acept as low as 60%, pay blance after the event, on that day or a dsy after.You should start paying some vendors now or early January, It shows commitment, and soo they can book your date it also makes thing a bit easier for you E.g :
Cake ,bakers need time depending on the design,
Decorators might need some props that will take time to deliver..
Hall Some hall managers are funny they can give the hall to someone else willing to pay more as long as you havent paid anything even after negotiations and conclusions. . Do not wait a week to the wedding befor paying ANY vendor
ok, thanks. I appreciate
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by kaffydal(f): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
chiefwedslolo:

Create a color palette with mint, various shades of pink, teal, yellow, and neutrals like brown, gold and champagne to create a cohesive visual theme that isn't too matchy matchy.
thanks i appreciate
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by obillyj(f): 10:18am On Jan 13, 2016
Good day, Rockstation.i do appreciate the great effort you put in here. God bless u
Please I need advice. Am planning my sister's wedding n am having issue combining their colors. The husband's suit is black. How do I combine white, Wine red n silver for husband n bridesmaids?
Secondly, I need a photographer/videographer, decorator and make-up artist in onitsha axis.
Thanks
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
obillyj:
Good day, Rockstation.i do appreciate the great effort you put in here. God bless u
Please I need advice. Am planning my sister's wedding n am having issue combining their colors. The husband's suit is black. How do I combine white, Wine red n silver for husband n bridesmaids?
Secondly, I need a photographer/videographer, decorator and make-up artist in onitsha axis.
Thanks

God bless you too. Just make sure that whatever you settle for doesn't make the groom color-cordinate too much with the bridesmaids. If wine is predominant in their attire, the groom may do silver tie and vice versa...Beneath, is a 3piece wonder that can work for the groom.

Regards.

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
@nubian113

Are you on?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by silvoice(m): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2016
Dear Nlanders, thank u all for your selfless contribution here. It has really help me a lot. I've just contracted a caterer to cook for my wedding. Based on N700 per plate for 150 people : N105,000. My question now is, how do i count the number of plates on that day since the caterer wil also be dishing an serving the foods on that day. How do i check the meat too, to be sure that i got a good deal. Pls this is funny but is bothering me, because i'v heard lot of ugly stories about some caterers
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Vivienne01(f): 1:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
silvoice:
Dear Nlanders, thank u all for your selfless contribution here. It has really help me a lot. I've just contracted a caterer to cook for my wedding. Based on N700 per plate for 150 people : N105,000. My question now is, how do i count the number of plates on that day since the caterer wil also be dishing an serving the foods on that day. How do i check the meat too, to be sure that i got a good deal. Pls this is funny but is bothering me, because i'v heard lot of ugly stories about some caterers

Hi Silvoice, Congrats in advance on your upcoming wedding.
Based on your concern, in my opinion I suggest you delegate a trusted friend to over see the catering activities and work hand in hand with the caterer from the point of arrival by checking the food and other edibles and do a mental calculation to measure against the figure u agreed on with the caterer. Secondly, since u need everyone to be satisfied, i'll suggest the caterer starts serving the meal on time b4 the hall gets rowdy n d event comes to a close.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by silvoice(m): 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
Vivienne01:

Hi Silvoice, Congrats in advance on your upcoming wedding.
Based on your concern, in my opinion I suggest you delegate a trusted friend to over see the catering activities and work hand in hand with the caterer from the point of arrival by checking the food and other edibles and do a mental calculation to measure against the figure u agreed on with the caterer. Secondly, since u need everyone to be satisfied, i'll suggest the caterer starts serving the meal on time b4 the hall gets rowdy n d event comes to a close.
oh dear thanks 4 ur advice. But do i let the caterer know now that I'm going to delegate somebody to check the food on that day?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Vivienne01(f): 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
silvoice:
oh dear thanks 4 ur advice. But do i let the caterer know now that I'm going to delegate somebody to check the food on that day?
Yes, you can if you want to. But it should be for her information in order to avoid misunderstanding on the wedding day...
You're welcome anytime
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by silvoice(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
Vivienne01:

Yes, you can if you want to. But it should be for her information in order to avoid misunderstanding on the wedding day...
You're welcome anytime
ok thanks a lot
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by shotgun22(m): 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
hi..
my bro's wedding is coming up next month.. and am his best man.. just asked him now if there will be grooms men and he said No! was shocked.... please I need to know if grooms men is compulsory or not...thanks waiting eagerly.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by opatolad(f): 12:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
shotgun22:
hi..
my bro's wedding is coming up next month.. and am his best man.. just asked him now if there will be grooms men and he said No! was shocked.... please I need to know if grooms men is compulsory or not...thanks waiting eagerly.
Is the Church DeeperLife? If there are brides maid, then there should be grooms men! It's not compulsory anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (34) (Reply)

Event Planners, Pls Update Your Contacts. / 12 Historic Grisly Photos That Will Churn Your Stomachs If Fainthearted

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.