Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) (15632 Views)

"MTN In Moves To Change Nigerian Management Team Over N1.4trn Fine" / Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? / Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by ejifranks(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
Boring Advert......Saka All the Way grin grin grin
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Angel778(f): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
oluwadare26: No matter how they fight, we the Mtn subscribers will still remain loyal to them.

If u are 4 Mtn Click the Like button
Abi ooo! i cant just imagine dumping mtn for any network. i am soo obsessed with mtn network.

2 Likes

Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by 2NDACCT(f): 2:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
OTHER NEWS - I AV A NEW ANDROID SAMSUNG GALAXY Y PRO DOUS 4 SALE AT A CHEAP PRICE .. VISIT MY LINK BELOW 4 MORE DETAILS..
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by sacramentum(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
Akpa ife: MTN na Bleep up,d 1 dat pains me most is dat I will hav abt 750 in my acc if I wat 2 make call MTN will now say ur recharge is 2 low 4 ds call pls load a recharge card thank u dats d end of d call while I hav 750 MTN na only God will punish u 4 all my money u don chop 4 nothing

my friend mine is dat every time i want to make cal this sutpid MTN people ll tel me dat my acc is too low for d cal. So i now have to cal there coustmer center and after each cal they ll still tel me same thing again.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Eisenhower(m): 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
Nigerian company with their wahala.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by souleymon(m): 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
UzohBlaise: pls been trying hard to creat a topic here but no success....need help on hw to post a topic on nairaland.......thanks in anticipation.

if u b learner (Newly Registered)
Couple of days b4 u can begin to Post
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by smartg(m): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
Imanuelle: these niggaz shouldn't bother wasting money on commercials, instead of me to port, I'll buy a China phone with 4 sim slots.

if Mtn was wiser, they would have used saka's 20m to give freebies to those who port in
this's the kind of advice 'empty hen'(mtn) hates to hear.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by smartg(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
oluwadare26: No matter how they fight, we the Mtn subscribers will still remain loyal to them.

If u are 4 Mtn Click the Like button
see as you dey mess yourself, you don't even know how to spell 'EmptyHen' very well.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by akay48(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
the man who laughs last laughs best...d man who ports last...
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by peruso: 5:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
[quote author=vizboy]Now this is interested

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/quote

kiss so you truly skipped English classes embarassed
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by pgidex(f): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
Saka don port o! Am aware. I enjoy on-net tarif a lot... I pity you my friends n relativs if you port ur number without informing me... And i get overcharged for calling you. I wil delete ur number and block u from calling me. So afta "Hello" next is "I don port o" 2 dos dat av changed dia network cheesy =D grin
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Jossy07(m): 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
MTN DON SUFFER,WIT ALL DIS COMPETITION YOU CANT STILL IMPROVE INSTEAD YOU ARE GOING WORST EVERYSECS.COULD YOU BELIEVE I VE 2OON ON MY PHONE AND MTN IS STILL TELLING ME THAT MY ACC IS TOO LOW TO MAKE A CALL THAT I SHOULD PLS RECHAREGE.I CANT WAIT TO PORT TO ETISALAT,BUT THE QUESTION IS DO I NEED TO BY ETISALAT LINE?
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Ochek: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
Akpa ife: MTN na Bleep up,d 1 dat pains me most is dat I will hav abt 750 in my acc if I wat 2 make call MTN will now say ur recharge is 2 low 4 ds call pls load a recharge card thank u dats d end of d call while I hav 750 MTN na only God will punish u 4 all my money u don chop 4 nothing

No mind those ppl. However, just put off ur data network and try again. It worked for me and i'm pretty sure it will for you too.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Allikola(m): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
Nairalanders ! What can I do to get my phone back from the thief that stole my phone. The IDIOT mistakenly sent text mssg to saved name on the phone. I called AIRTEL customer care line nothing was done about it. THE THIEF NUMBER 08023509269. SOMEBODY HELP ME TO GET MY PHONE BACK.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Allikola(m): 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
Nairalanders ! What can I do to get my phone back from the thief that stole my phone. The IDI OT mistakenly sent text mssg to saved name on the phone. I called AIRTEL customer care line nothing was done about it. THE THIEF NUMBER 08023509269. SOMEBODY HELP ME TO GET MY PHONE BACK.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by gp66(m): 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Thank God for this Portability.

One customer alone is now their greatest asset.
Do u knw what it means to loose one customer under this new port regime?
If a customer port to other network that means for d next 3months dat line will not be able to recharge bt wil remain active. So why wont they be afraid of loosing one customer for the nxt 3months of which they r nt sure if that customer wil port back.

Let the competition soar higher and nd d rate drop faster with quality services.

If any of this providers misbehave now pls count me out of ur network. I am now the king.

Thanks to NCC.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by SirJohn(m): 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
Slyr0x: The porting war continues with Airtel, one of the leading telecommunications companies in Nigeria seemingly throwing a shot at MTN in its television commercial, The move.

The ad shows an upwardly mobile man relocating from a dilapidated yellow painted building to a cleaner posh neighbourhood with houses painted red.

MTN recently aired its number portability ad with former Etisalat point-man Hafiz ‘Saka’ Oyetoro performing the now popular ‘I don port o’ song.

Watch the Airtel ad below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obuExNafSCA

This ad is crap, who moves from an old apartment and leaves with the house number plate? worse still can someone be that dumb to want to place his former apartment number on his new apartment that is supposed to be an organised estate?
Lastly, take a look at the new residence and see how disorganized the house numbering is, is that the kind of estate you'd want to 'port' to? I dont think so

1 Like

Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by imperiouxx(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
Please why porting of mobile lines and the advantages?
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
hello,

The contest has been revised and its bigger and better. It commences tomorrow 26/04/13.

We intend to drive the “I Don Port” TVC virally by initiating a dance contest.  The concept is for a groups of 5 people to download the  “I Don Port” commercial song or video and imitate the SAKA dance or even freestyle creatively to it and upload via YouTube. Videos with the highest number of likes will be rewarded with exciting prizes of;

[20BB Z10s and Gift vouchers worth 30m Naira]. We intend reward 40 groups with these giveaways as thus:

-          The first 4 groups with the most number of likes will get a BB Z10 and a gift voucher worth 150,000 Naira per member.
-          The following 36 groups according to number of likes will get a gift voucher worth 150,000 per member.

Rules:

-       Download “I Don Port” song and video from a given link.[ Audio: http://www.mtnonline.com/downloads/MNP_I_Don_Port_O_Jingle.mp3] [Video: http://www.mtnonline.com/downloads/mtn-portability-advert.mp4]
-       Create your own group “I DON PORT” dance & gather enough likes to stand a chance to win these exciting prizes.
-       Each group must consist of 5 persons.
-       Upload your videos on YouTube and Tag your video“iDonPort – Your Group Name”.
-       Get your family and friends to watch and like your upload.
-       Winners must all be on the MTN network.

This contest is strictly an online activation which will run for 2 weeks from 26th April 2013 to 10th of May 2013.

Please see the attached for your viewing pleasure
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by anitank(f): 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
mobile portability ish...........aint nobody got time for that undecided undecided
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by kuluTemper: 10:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
Lol. You can only use they credit to Call God.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by ibiso1986: 12:53am On Apr 26, 2013
Allikola: Nairalanders ! What can I do to get my phone back from the thief that stole my phone. The IDIOT mistakenly sent text mssg to saved name on the phone. I called AIRTEL customer care line nothing was done about it. THE THIEF NUMBER 08023509269. SOMEBODY HELP ME TO GET MY PHONE BACK.
first of all, you made a mistake by sending his number to nairalanders to call. The thief will code and be more careful. My advise is to use a girl to track him(in a romantic manner) or say its babalawo that Gave you his number.. Threatening him that if He doesn't return the phone in 3 days time, his family member would die 1 by 1.. I got back my mother's phone using this same method
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by coretechng(m): 5:45am On Apr 26, 2013
Black Peni5: I'v made up my mind. I'm porting to MTEL.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Defaramade(m): 8:25am On Apr 26, 2013
sagaciousblog: AS FAR AS MY UNLIMITED BROWSING IS STILL WORKING, I WILL STAY GLUED TO MTN AND Y'ELLO EVERYWHERE I GO.....[b][/b]
¥€$ £¤§§
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by chitexy: 9:17am On Apr 26, 2013
MTN bye!!!! I don port commot for ur yeye network. Annoying people(MTN)
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by bong4(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2013
SirJohn:

This ad is crap, who moves from an old apartment and leaves with the house number plate? worse still can someone be that dumb to want to place his former apartment number on his new apartment that is supposed to be an organised estate?
Lastly, take a look at the new residence and see how disorganized the house numbering is, is that the kind of estate you'd want to 'port' to? I dont think so

Don't mind them...It goes to show that there is a touch of MTN in every other network. For me, it's MTN all the way.

1 Like

Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by thoniann(m): 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ochek:

No mind those ppl. However, just put off ur data network and try again. It worked for me and i'm pretty sure it will for you too.

I am saddened at your solution. It does show how degraded your reasoning can be. Do you mean that for me make every call successfully, I should turn off my data network? So, while online and someone flashes, I should go, turn of data and dial.... After the call, i turn on data network and my mum calls and asks me to call her back, then I turn off data network and dial? O fella, u need to have ur head examined.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Nobody: 5:14am On Apr 27, 2013
It is obviously a good shot at MTN but it's definitely not on par with the Saka commercial.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by Allikola(m): 10:25am On Apr 27, 2013
ibiso1986: first of all, you made a mistake by sending his number to nairalanders to call. The thief will code and be more careful. My advise is to use a girl to track him(in a romantic manner) or say its babalawo that Gave you his number.. Threatening him that if He doesn't return the phone in 3 days time, his family member would die 1 by 1.. I got back my mother's phone using this same method

Thanks , I ll try that method.
Re: The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) by johnspurgeon014(m): 9:37am On Jan 03, 2017
GLO na my constant. The rest can go bury themselves, I won't notice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Wants To Drive Nigerian Smes Out Of Airtime, Data Business SPONSORED POST / MTN, Glo And 9mobile Lost 512,315 Subscribers / Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.