Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! (2417 Views)

Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences) / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / What Kind Of Job Do Nigerians Do In China? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by lostinchina: 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
Good day my people!

I arrived in Giangzhou, China on Monday 22nd April 2013, I moved to Shenzhen on Tuesday the following day because I was told that the best place to source android tablets is in Shenzhen which is true especially SED ShenZhen Electronic Communication market.

I must confess that I have been eating rice since monday; please if you happen to stay in ShenZhen or Guanzhou and know of any Naija restaurant please hala me.

As I'm typing this, hunger dey wire me no be small. Please guys and girls this is not funny at all angry angry angry

The last black man I met was about 2 days ago; the mistake I made was to forget to ask him about any naija outlet around.

Since then, I have never met a single black man; imagine been inside Chinese metro rail that is packed to the rafters and you are the only black.

Moderators - Please assist a brother to move this to the front page.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by NessaFresh(f): 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Frontpage please! I feel ur pain oga
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by vizboy(m): 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
my guy manage any thing make u see
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by mysticgal(f): 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
how the potty and the snakes the taste like? no offence,just curiosity.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by lostinchina: 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
@mysticgal - Their food tastes somehow; anyway its their culture and we have to respect that

I just googled the link below; but only in Guangzhou - I am in ShenZhen.
[url]
http://www.gbooza.com/group/nigeriansinchina/forum/topics/hotlines-nigerian-restaurants-and-hotels-in-guang-yuan-xi-road-gu#axzz2RTe5U5C8
[/url]

I am sure that I'm not the ONLY Nigerian in ShenZhen; anybody home angry angry angry angry
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by mysticgal(f): 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
i tried gogling for any nigerian restaurant but cant find any bro,you'sure in a fix,next time am sure you will carry 9ja food even stove sef.sorry
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by Humblesam(m): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
wetin carry u go china huh without even making enquiry first huh? Now you wld b eating round breads sauced with lizards for pizza.
I pity for your belle sha...
Take and try to behave like the romans now that you are in Rome...wish you d best..
Naija no de carry last,u go survive ok?
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by Naijalastborn(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
oke,Moderators Please Help this Guy out!!!! FRONT PAGE PLSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
lostinchina: Good day my people!

I arrived in Giangzhou, China on Monday 22nd April 2013, I moved to Shenzhen on Tuesday the following day because I was told that the best place to source android tablets is in Shenzhen which is true especially SED ShenZhen Electronic Communication market.

I must confess that I have been eating rice since monday; please if you happen to stay in ShenZhen or Guanzhou and know of any Naija restaurant please hala me.

As I'm typing this, hunger dey wire me no be small. Please guys and girls this is not funny at all angry angry angry

The last black man I met was about 2 days ago; the mistake I made was to forget to ask him about any naija outlet around.

Since then, I have never met a single black man; imagine been inside Chinese metro rail that is packed to the rafters and you are the only black.

I don't see this as a front page material.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by onatisi(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
angry
why front page ?is he lost in china or what?if he will be there for s shot time let him persevere and come back home to eat all the egusi soup in nigeria.or maybe the op is just finding a way to meet nigerians to pu him thru in china ,if he is there on business after his business let him come home.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by onatisi(m): 3:23pm On Apr 25, 2013

how can ppl recommend a topic of someone yearning to eat rice for front page?
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by Caracta(f): 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
No place like home. No matter how much you diss Nigeria, it is still "home".
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by NessaFresh(f): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
onatisi:
LMFAO
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by Gbenge77(m): 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
onatisi:
lol
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 26, 2013
onatisi:

Last I checked he was asking for Nigerians in china and not eating rice. Hold onto the sarcasm ok.

This guy did not chose to sit home, unemployed, moaning and cursing gej. He was bold enough to leave the country in search of greener pastures.

I know how depressingly lonely it can be to be like fish out of water. We should do all to support and commend and not condemn him.

How can pics of tonto. Dike, etc be pasted all over fp and a topic that can potentially alter someone's destiny be not fp material??

Abeg my bile dey boil.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by chukxie(m): 5:05am On Apr 26, 2013
I'm not sure if there are any Naija restaurants in Shenzhen. However i'm 100% sure there are lots of naija restaurants in Guangzhou. There's a famous one in Guangzhou called Best Way. It's owned by a Chinese dude but all the cook there are naijas. Their food is very good and they taste like the real deal. Its located on Gua Yang Road just across Canaan market.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by optimusprime2(m): 5:18am On Apr 26, 2013
@Justwise: He's asking for help, you of all people should understand how it feels to get stuck in a country that english is barely spoken... He is clearly in a situation & that merits his post being on the front page, afterall this is the travel section.
@Onatisi: of course You are travelled enough to know when someone is genuinely stuck in a foreign country and runs out of options...
Well, I thought it was a fp issue
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by chukxie(m): 5:47am On Apr 26, 2013
Hi OP.. I just called a friend who lives and works in Shenzhen and he said there's no naija restaurant there that he knows of. The one place in Guangdong you can find naija restaurants is Guangzhou and that's because of the high concentration of naijas there. Have a nice biz trip in China. May you succeed in the biz you've gone there to do.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by chukxie(m): 5:51am On Apr 26, 2013
osaass:

Last I checked he was asking for Nigerians in china and not eating rice. Hold onto the sarcasm ok.

This guy did not chose to sit home, unemployed, moaning and cursing gej. He was bold enough to leave the country in search of greener pastures.

I know how depressingly lonely it can be to be like fish out of water. We should do all to support and commend and not condemn him.

How can pics of tonto. Dike, etc be pasted all over fp and a topic that can potentially alter someone's destiny be not fp material??

Abeg my bile dey boil.

Well spoken! May your days be long.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by onatisi(m): 6:24am On Apr 26, 2013
osaass:

Abeg my bile dey boil.
pls kindly read thru the op post to know the reason he is in china,not once did he state that he is in china to settle down.he said he came to china to buy andriod phones or tabletss,if his intention is to buy and come bck how sshould he be complaining about food ,he should just hold on till he finished his business there then come back home .
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by onatisi(m): 6:29am On Apr 26, 2013
optimus-prime1:
@Justwise: He's asking for help, you of all people should understand how it feels to get stuck in a country that english is barely spoken... He is clearly in a situation & that merits his post being on the front page, afterall this is the travel section.
@Onatisi: of course You are travelled enough to know when someone is genuinely stuck in a foreign country and runs out of options...
my guy i know the feeling when u are surrounded by people who speak a different languge nd also look different from u,u feel lonely and vulnerable .i understand but my contention is the op should haave come clean by telling us that he intends to settle down by no he would have gotten somebody to help him.but the impression he gave is that he is there on a business visit to buy andriods.which means he wont stay long.tht was why someone stated that he should just endure till he gets back.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by onatisi(m): 6:34am On Apr 26, 2013
lostinchina: Good day my people!

op if u need help to settle down or in other areas let us know but if it is still food food and resturant matter i doubt if anybody will take ur story serious
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by chukxie(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2013
Dear op . Abeg no give anyone your kpali ooooooo! Don't be too quick to tell anyone you just arrived in China. There are some goons especially in Guangzhou who are fond of stealing people's kpali. All they need to do is make a copy of your data and visa page and sell it to someone else. Be careful. Shine your eyes cos a lot of guys out there ain't smiling...
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by justwise(m): 7:21am On Apr 26, 2013
optimus-prime1:

Yes he is asking for help and getting the help here, material that goes to front page is one that is news worthy and will generate traffic to nairaland, i don't see this topic do that.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by LaParisienne(f): 9:02am On Apr 26, 2013
I hate it when people travel to foreign countries and insist on eating their ethnic food. Are you saying there's absolutely nothing edible in China? Or will you die if you don't eat your ethnic food in a month or more?

Besides, this is an opportunity for you to try out new cuisines. Chinese food aint bad.

When in Rome. . .

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by LaParisienne(f): 9:04am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

Yes he is asking for help and getting the help here, material that goes to front page is one that is news worthy and will generate traffic to nairaland, i don't see this topic do that.

We must be looking at different front pages.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by justwise(m): 9:13am On Apr 26, 2013
La Parisienne:

We must be looking at different front pages.

Everybody will not see it the same way, some topics are sent to fp to provoke comments whether for or against and keep people reading for more than 5-10mins thats what brings traffic to the site.

Looking for where to eat Nigerian food or where to hang-out with Nigerians in China is not front page material.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by LaParisienne(f): 9:29am On Apr 26, 2013
justwise:

Everybody will not see it the same way, some topics are sent to fp to provoke comments whether for or against and keep people reading for more than 5-10mins thats what brings traffic to the site.
Looking for where to eat Nigerian food or where to hang-out with Nigerians in China is not front page material.

Nah, I didn't say the thread is front page material.

Was just disagreeing with your claim that ''material that goes to front page is one that is news worthy''

Actually, most threads that go to FP are trash can materials. I guess it's all about generating traffic.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by justwise(m): 9:41am On Apr 26, 2013
La Parisienne:

Nah, I didn't say the thread is front page material.

Was just disagreeing with your claim that ''material that goes to front page is one that is news worthy''

Actually, most threads that go to FP are trash can materials. I guess it's all about generating traffic.

No site grow without traffic and without traffic nobody will advertise here, nairaland is not charity organization that depend on donor money, when i said news worthy i meant topics that will get people talking, whether for good or bad, news is news.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 26, 2013
onatisi:
pls kindly read thru the op post to know the reason he is in china,not once did he state that he is in china to settle down.he said he came to china to buy andriod phones or tabletss,if his intention is to buy and come bck how sshould he be complaining about food ,he should just hold on till he finished his business there then come back home .

Irrespective of the duration of his stay, what he seeks there is sth he believes is not available in his home country and would add value to his life. That for me means greener pastures.

I wonder why some peeps are so critical when a jjc longs for sth naija!! If you read through the line of OP post, he wants to find a naija restaurant not only for the food but also as a channel to socialize and share with the experiences of peeps who are in same boat as him. He who wears the shoes knows how it hurts. This attribute is not perculiar to Nigerians. I see Brits, Aussies who newly immigrated asking exactly same questions, and their fellow citizens are too glad to help. But alas, naija our case different.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander In China!!!! by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 26, 2013
@ justwise

You are someone with a respectable reputation here. However you have to admit you were wrong on this. Some peeps have already pointed out the flaws in your argument, but hey, I guess that's how life is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

......is There Any Nigerians In Oman? / Dubai Or Abu Dhabi? Nigerians And Their Love For The UAE / Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.