Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search (25355 Views)

Unbelievable Things People Search On Google / Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. / Konyin Keywords (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Lilimax(f): 9:41am On Apr 26, 2013
Burger01: grin cheesy Toto Dike! a witch! No wonder Seun is hypnotized.. sad
grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by ZN2: 9:52am On Apr 26, 2013
Some folks are not even getting it.

The thread is about Google's autocomplete feature and the search suggestions it provides not actual search results. angry angry
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by caukerzee(m): 9:58am On Apr 26, 2013
ninja4life:
lmao are u fucking kidding me so Nicki is a nigerian and americans dont know who their president is,pls tell us another storycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Mhen...Which school did you or are you attending? You surely got comprehension problems.

1 Like

Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 26, 2013
~ZN~:
Some folks are not even getting it.

The thread is about Google's autocomplete feature and the search suggestions it provides not actual search results. angry angry
True story!
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by sirfemoz(m): 10:48am On Apr 26, 2013
Sometimes, i don't really understand why some persons rejoice in seeing the failure in Nigeria. @Op, what's your aim in writing such article? Why did you based you writing only on Nigeria? Try and google America or Britain, and see what google thinks about those countries.. Then you will know that Nigeria is far better. There's country on this earth that's immune to corruption or that's a saint. Every country has its own flaws. What I don't understand is why Nigeria's case always raise great dust. If you have ever lived and worked outside the shores of this country, that's when you will understand the value of this Nation. Forget about what google thinks, that's a written program.. Its not as you thought it is. God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Goldenheart(m): 10:51am On Apr 26, 2013
Lol....Thats not funny!!!
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by LordReed(m): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2013
ℓ☺ℓ! It is so funny!

Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2013
everything everyone got from Google is true and most are very offensive but what I must point out is that most of the things seen on the internet are the stuff gotten from Nairaland. In other words, you guys have to know the types of topics you guys post on Nairaland because it is the information gotten from this site that comes out first on Google.
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2013
joshua idibia: I beliv dere is an explanation for this. Google is a search engine site. They dont make up topics on their own. Just type anything u want,and dey give u wat other co-blogers and site owners (like nairaland) have been saying or GOSSIPING about what u searched. So,pls dnt think the fault is 4rm google. The fault is from everyone. Even nairaland. Because i bet u,if u open 1 of those sugestions, it MIGHT direct u to our belovd gossip zone,NAIRALAND.
It does direct to Nairaland
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2013
GEJ : A children's book character.

1 Like

Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Sike(m): 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
I LOVE GOOGLE THO.
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Seun(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
babe_online: everything everyone got from Google is true and most are very offensive but what I must point out is that most of the things seen on the internet are the stuff gotten from Nairaland. In other words, you guys have to know the types of topics you guys post on Nairaland because it is the information gotten from this site that comes out first on Google.
You are wrong. Those suggestions have nothing to do with Nairaland. They are based on the words that people search for on Google. These words searched for are a direct result of the behaviour of Nigerians at home and abroad, online and offline.

When a Nigerian scams someone, that person will go to Google to ask "why are Nigerians so corrupt?" "why are Nigerians so shady?" "why are Nigerians so dodgy?". When Nigerians living together get into noisy quarrels with each other constantly, their neighbours will go to Google to ask "why are Nigerians so loud?" "why are Nigerians so rude?"

But people don't search only for negative things about Nigerians. They also search for positive things. When Nigerians travel to other African countries for business and do very well, this makes their admirers go to Google to ask "why are Nigerians so rich?" When Nigerians travel out to study and do very well, their colleagues ask Google, "why are Nigerians so smart?"

1 Share

Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
Seun:
You are wrong. Those suggestions have nothing to do with Nairaland. They are based on the words that people search for on Google. These words searched for are a direct result of the behaviour of Nigerians at home and abroad, online and offline.

When a Nigerian scams someone, that person will go to Google to ask "why are Nigerians so corrupt?" "why are Nigerians so shady?" "why are Nigerians so dodgy?". When Nigerians living together get into noisy quarrels with each other constantly, their neighbours will go to Google to ask "why are Nigerians so loud?" "why are Nigerians so rude?"

But it's not only the negative things about Nigerians that people are searching for. When Nigerians travel to other African countries for business and do very well, this makes their admirers go to Google to ask "why are Nigerians so rich?" When Nigerians travel out to study and do very well, their colleagues ask Google, "why are Nigerians so smart?"
Yes, good explanation and very true. My opinion, as bad as it may seem, would be that you leave them with their ignorant thinking. I doubt your explanation would even do any more to correct their false opinions.
It's indeed strange for anyone to think it's the search results (Nairaland, etc) that have produced the auto-suggestions. I would understand that however; many Nigerians won't know quite much about computers or computer algorithms.

Must say though: good of you to take out time to explain this. grin
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by instinctg(m): 2:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
Google the below phrases and see the results

1.why are american people
2.american people are
3.britsh people are

you can search for other countries too , so dont blame nigeria
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Solowande(m): 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
money-hungry :

drY.
wetin concern u if he dry
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by holluwai(m): 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
google has just confirmed the love of nigerian women for money.... I taya

Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 27, 2013
Seun:

But people don't search only for negative things about Nigerians. They also search for positive things. When Nigerians travel to other African countries for business and do very well, this makes their admirers go to Google to ask "why are Nigerians so rich?" When Nigerians travel out to study and do very well, their colleagues ask Google, "why are Nigerians so smart?"
I still disagree to an extent. Take for example if you type ''why are Yorubas so dirty?'' and you click on it, the second, third, and fourth information will direct you to Nairaland. That means whatever you allow people to post on Nairaland is one of the things that comes out on Google. That aside I love your site and please do you mind doing something PERMANENTLY about the issue of non-Nigerians that come on this Nigerian site to post things about their own culture, pry into Nigeria's affairs, insult Nigerians and Nigeria making themselves look superior(like Somalia9)? Thanks.
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by Hysteria: 4:11am On Apr 29, 2013
LOL
Re: Funny Nigeria Keywords On Google Search by africapunch: 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
grin interesting clue!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lets Increase Our Bandwidth Speed By At Least 20% / Affordable Uk Used Gaming Laptops@ Giveaway Price. / 4g Ram/320g Laptop@30k!!!give ur budget and get a good one too!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.