Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs (53390 Views)

Super Eagles Arrive Abu Dhabi For Cote D’ Ivoire, Sudan Friendly / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (3 - 1) On Saturday November-4-2012 / Nigeria Vs USA (0 - 2) U-20 Women's World Cup Semi-Final Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by j4jj: 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
Since Pastor T.B J did not give any prediction! I knew it would be unlikely the Golden eaglets win the tournament!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by imperiouxx(m): 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
CFCfan: The Nwakali should NEVER EVER try that type of ridiculous penalty again! That was just a horrible attempt.

The referee has no business officiating any football match for the rest of his life.

He thought he is Lewandoski that scored that third goal with little momentum. Not knowing that the force in Lewand doesn't correlate with law of momentum. Seems to me like Suarez should bite him.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by nameo: 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
Kai!!! Well we still thank God and...GEJ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by ehis999: 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
chidexy:

Actually, we lost to CIV on technical superiority. Their coach understudied our style of play and adapted his game plan to beat our superior ball control. I hope the coach works further on the boys, especially our back 4 + the goalkeeper.

The world has taken notice of our boys, despite losing, we are technically more superior to the other teams and they are going to watch out for the boys during the World cup.

A great tournament the guys played. Kudos

boasting time!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by toluleke(m): 8:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
Nwalasi na idiot joor
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by abdulkayus(m): 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
Better play nex tym. Dey loss many chances and d ref was bias as well. D Coach shld learn frm dis match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by ehis999: 8:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

He thought he is Lewandoski that scored that third goal with little momentum. Not knowing that the force in Lewand doesn't correlate with law of momentum. Seems to me like Sauze should bite him.

Too funny... I support the Suarez project!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by SmoothLIFE: 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
You guys are taking this way to seriously. Nigeria already has 2 titles. Let Ivory Coast get one too!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
som1 shld pls post me the final details
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by Mmiriariugwu: 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
aimuafigo: In my opinion, the Ivoriens were way better today. They played as a team and lorded the midfield throughout the game while every eaglet player was trying to get every ball to Success no matter how far away he was. The Eaglets coach is technically deficient. He should have talked to them to play their normal game. And Nwakali....what was that? A back pass to the Ivorien keeper?
The ref was awful.
how could u say dau the ivoriens had a beuer control of the mid field?did u rly watch the match?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by Ejine(m): 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
solomon111: We were the better team.
Anyway,such is life.
The true test of an African champion will be at the world cup.
*moroccan girls are kinda hot*

I disagree.

We had the better PLAYERS, but not the better team... Atleast not yet.

If we're all to be honest with ourselves, the Eaglets started getting pretty selfish during the knockout games - their match with Tunisia was clear evidence.

Everybody wanted to shine; everybody wanted to look cool; everybody wanted to impress that English Premier League Club scout secretly lurking in the audience.

Even that move from Nwakali was an attempt at being badass which eventually didn't turn out as he had hoped.

But all the same, we should understand - These guys are still very young. As the years pass, so shall their team spirit and maturity increase.
There's a lot of potential here. The force is strong with them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by taharqa: 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
Congrats to the guys. They did well. Congrats to IV too..
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by yampoo(m): 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
[quote author=aimuafigo]In my opinion, the Ivoriens were way better today. They played as a team and lorded the midfield throughout the game while every eaglet player was trying to get every ball to Success no matter how far away he was. The Eaglets coach is technically deficient. He should have talked to them to play their normal game. And Nwakali....what was that? A back pass to the Ivorien keeper?
The ref was awful.
[/quote

Ur comment vividly shows u ve been following the eaglet tru out d competition,i was astounded by the pattern of play wch d coach adopted.Success is gud in holding the ball but poor in finishing.The coach made Yahaya to be ineffective in d match.

He should resign or sack.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
gosh....GEJ is to BLAME....
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by zoboizee: 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
Over confidence took better part of his brain. This our team have ego issue. One thing for sure, it is better we lost. Over-confidence and selfishness is an issue with this team. And the coach should work on the goalkeeper. He has being their weakest link so far in this competition. Very poor in his calculation aerially. Above all, beautiful team with lovely style of play.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
Aww too bad.

Congrats to CIV.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by ehis999: 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2013
SmoothLIFE: You guys are taking this way to seriously. Nigeria already has 2 titles. Let Ivory Coast get one too!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bullsh.t... who be CIV mate?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by AMossley(m): 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
FLORIDACAR: For the first time in my adult life I saw a patriotic Nigerians.....Those boys were rolling on the floor for losing U17 African Nations..
I am proud to be a Nigerian..., 2013 U17 Boyz you all my heros!
patriotic?They were wailing because of the goodies that are no more at stake for them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by Shefyl(m): 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
what a disappointing result what a disappointing result
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by solomon111(m): 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
Na wa o.
Some of these arabian girls are very beautiful.
Maybe i should go on a hunt for arabian women.
I hope they won't deport me or cut off my hands.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by imperiouxx(m): 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
Even Pirlo the professional can't attempt such force-less PK. It was like a stunt to me angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by ehis999: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
Phinity318: som1 shld pls post me the final details

Nigeria lost (CIV didn't win) via penalties...
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by Awofy: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
Mmiriariugwu: how could u say dau the ivoriens had a beuer control of the mid field?did u rly watch the match?
i don't think so.he did not watch te match at all
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by Ajibel(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
What happened 2d fireworks
...and i like d way d CIV players are dorning our jersey,atleast our color would b represented someway
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by imperiouxx(m): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
ehis999:

Nigeria lost (CIV didn't win) via penalties...

So who got the trophy?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by ehis999: 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
[quote author=imperiouxx]Even Pirlo the professional can't attempt such force-less PK. It was like a stunt to me angry[/quote

that nwakali should be subjected to psychiatric test... e be like say dem follow am from village!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by ehis999: 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

So who got the trophy?

CIV...
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by chidexy(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
It's good that the boys lost in the final. At least, they'll have time to analyze their shortfalls and correct them before the world cup. If they had won, it would have been extremely difficult to identify those and rectify them.

Manu Garba and his coaching crew have done an excellent job in assembling and molding the team. So off you go, roll up your sleeves and get back to work - hopefully, the fatty bom boms at the NFF will let him be

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by solomon111(m): 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
Ejiné:

I disagree.

We had the better PLAYERS, but not the better team... Atleast not yet.

If we're all to be honest with ourselves, the Eaglets started getting pretty selfish during the knockout games - their match with Tunisia was clear evidence.

Everybody wanted to shine; everybody wanted to look cool; everybody wanted to impress that English Premier League Club scout secretly lurking in the audience.

Even that move from Nwakali was an attempt at being badass which eventually didn't turn out as he had hoped.

But all the same, we should understand - These guys are still very young. As the years pass, so shall their team spirit and maturity increase.
There's a lot of potential here. The force is strong with them.
yeah,you are right.
The players were very selfish.
It would do them a world of good,if they shun Europe for now.
They still have some growing up to do, mentally and professionally.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by ChikezieU(m): 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
ehis999: how could this team possibly be the best eaglet side assembled? honestly, they're awful to watch
then you yourself is awful, the boys played a very nice game although the sent out defender over reacted and ruined the match together with the player that lost a penalty. Infact you didnot watch the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs by imperiouxx(m): 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
ehis999:

CIV...

Ehn, I thought you said CIV didn't win. That was why I asked the question, just to be sure we are talking about this same concluded match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Tiote's Corpse Arrives Ivory Coast, Received By Kolo Toure, Wilfried Bony, Kalou / Lionel Messi Spotted Doing His Grocery Shopping In Miami USA / Nigeria Vs Kenya : AWCON 2016 (4 - 0) On 26th November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.