Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,408 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods (3090 Views)

The White Manz' Perception Of Black Beauty Is Different From The Black Manz / Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 5:43am On Apr 26, 2013
How come all black neighbourhoods in the diaspora(from US, UK, Canada, France, to Australia) have liquor stores and bookies shops on almost every street corner?

Honestly, it seems this is a systematic way of destroying black folks...

Give them alcohol and sell them a dream through the bookies...

This is pretty sad, to be honest...

1 Like

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 5:53am On Apr 26, 2013
i hate to sound ignorant but that's true in the UK too? shocked

wow...i mean i dont want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but...
something is indeed fishy about that. undecided
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 26, 2013
*Kails*:
i hate to sound ignorant but that's true in the UK too? shocked

wow...i mean i dont want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but...
something is indeed fishy about that. undecided

It's the same thing out here - only black dominated areas have 24hrs liquor shops and there's 1-2 bookies shop on every corner.. We've got more than 20 bookies shops where my mum lives, and that's not even the whole borough looool...

I live in a white dominated area now, with more white trash - yet there aren't too many liquor stores... The few ones they've got close before 12a.m... and I swear they don't even have up to 5 bookies in this area...
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 26, 2013
ShyM-X:

It's the same thing out here - only black dominated areas have 24hrs liquor shops and there's 1-2 bookies shop on every corner.. We've got more than 20 bookies shops where my mum lives, and that's not even the whole borough looool...

I live in a white dominated area now, with more white trash - yet there aren't too many liquor stores... The few ones they've got close before 12a.m... and I swear they don't even have up to 5 bookies in this area...

wow...and i can bet none of the liquor stores...or rather most are not operated/owned by blacks...smh.

it's no coincidence.

it's a sad reality nation wide for us Americans and from what I am learning from this thread it's world wide.

the black man has so many issues he has to deal with and he is convinced that drowning his sorrows with a bottle of liquor is the way to go and sadly he's once again allowing people to continue to exploit his weakness.

shame. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Afam4eva(m): 9:59am On Apr 26, 2013
[size=14pt]Who owns those Liquor stores? Is it not blacks?[/size]
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by khiaa(f): 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
[quote author=Afam4eva][size=14pt]Who owns those Liquor stores? Is it not blacks?[/size][/quote

No it is not blacks who owns those liquor stores.

1 Like

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by khiaa(f): 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
ShyM-X:
How come all black neighbourhoods in the diaspora(from US, UK, Canada, France, to Australia) have liquor stores and bookies shops on almost every street corner?

You forgot to add gun shops to your list.
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
khiaa:

You forgot to add gun shops to your list.

There aint no gun shops in no black community...

Also it depends on which black community you live in. Also what region of the USA.
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]Who owns those Liquor stores? Is it not blacks?[/size]

Whites and Asians... That's the problem with black people - we're cowards and we don't know how to create our own wealth... We're mostly just consumers... You'd be surprised that most of the shops that sell African foodstuffs in London are also owned by Asians.. grin

We just consume and consume - and speak about our qualifications... angry

4 Likes

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
The only region in the USA where black business is really successful is the South(mainly Atlanta), which is why many blacks are moving. Where I live their are a lot of Haitian restaurants owned by Haitians themselves. What I seemed to notice is that black immigrants in the USA(Jamaicans, Haitians, Nigerians,etc) seem to be very organized with business and being able to ACTUALLY keep their wealth in their community. I think AA's can learn from them and AA's down...

But again it really depends on the region you live in.

Here is how I break it down:
Southeast USA
I see this as a black haven. Lots of wealthy black people, majority black population. Very cultured and successful IMO. I consider the Southeast a 'strong hold' for AA's.

Northeast USA
To me...The Northeast for black people is okay. I think the Northeast has the largest black population. The black communities in the Northeast is a mixture of AA's and non AA blacks. Still...Businesses for AA's is low. Some black communities in places like D.C, Philly and Baltimore is bad. Though I heard some people from Boston say Boston is heaven for black people. To me NYC is 50/50 for black people. I rate the Northeast overall as okay for black people in the USA.

West USA
Black population over there is slowly decreasing. Most blacks on the west coast are moving to the Southeast. Black community on the West Coast(mainly California LA) was really bad and still is, but I heard violence is slowly stopping. The only successful black community on the West is Baldwin Hills. The West is not really a strong hold for blacks(like the Southeast) and neither does it have a large black population(like the Northeast). There is not a lot of black businesses in the West.

Midwest USA
A complete hell-hole...The worst black community. The Midwest is basically the new West Coast for black people. In terms of murder capital and violence...The Midwest takes the cake. Though Detroit is the city with the largest population, it is a complete hell hole.

So for best to worst...The Southeast is the best black community overall. And the Midwest is the complete worst.

^^^Those are just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
The most successful black(African-American) neighborhoods are in the Southeast. like North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia(definitely).

The worst Midwest...Cities such as Chicago, Milwaukee and Detroit.
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
How do you guys notice these sort of things?
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
Self-love and black consciousness... Once you love your blackness - and you're conscious about your environment and the state of your people - you'll start seeing things with your 3rd-eye/divine wisdom...

4 Likes

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
Stranglehold:

There aint no gun shops in no black community...

Also it depends on which black community you live in. Also what region of the USA.

lmao. grin

#contradictionmuch?
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
Stranglehold: The only region in the USA where black business is really successful is the South(mainly Atlanta), which is why many blacks are moving. Where I live their are a lot of Haitian restaurants owned by Haitians themselves. What I seemed to notice is that black immigrants in the USA(Jamaicans, Haitians, Nigerians,etc) seem to be very organized with business and being able to ACTUALLY keep their wealth in their community. I think AA's can learn from them and AA's down...

But again it really depends on the region you live in.

Here is how I break it down:
[size=18pt]Southeast USA
I see this as a black haven. Lots of wealthy black people, majority black population. Very cultured and successful IMO. I consider the Southeast a 'strong hold' for AA's.
[/size]
Northeast USA
To me...The Northeast for black people is okay. I think the Northeast has the largest black population. The black communities in the Northeast is a mixture of AA's and non AA blacks. Still...Businesses for AA's is low. Some black communities in places like D.C, Philly and Baltimore is bad. Though I heard some people from Boston say Boston is heaven for black people. To me NYC is 50/50 for black people. I rate the Northeast overall as okay for black people in the USA.

West USA
Black population over there is slowly decreasing. Most blacks on the west coast are moving to the Southeast. Black community on the West Coast(mainly California LA) was really bad and still is, but I heard violence is slowly stopping. The only successful black community on the West is Baldwin Hills. The West is not really a strong hold for blacks(like the Southeast) and neither does it have a large black population(like the Northeast). There is not a lot of black businesses in the West.

Midwest USA
A complete hell-hole...The worst black community. The Midwest is basically the new West Coast for black people. In terms of murder capital and violence...The Midwest takes the cake. Though Detroit is the city with the largest population, it is a complete hell hole.

So for best to worst...The Southeast is the best black community overall. And the Midwest is the complete worst.

^^^Those are just my opinion.

i can attest to that!!
the southeast is my region!!

the black folks down here generally fair off much better than other parts of the US!
which is extremely ironic seeing as how, this is the area where lots of lives were lost in racial riots and slavery not even 100 years ago. Back then this was the area you DIDN'T want to be if you were black..now it's literally considered a black haven in America.

i think it has a lot to do with the fact that southern black folks are very community and family oriented. Along with the opportunities that have been opened to us over the years, the "togetherness" and "friendly competition" attitude has helped boost southern black aristocrats and even middle class folk up many notches above blacks elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
Stranglehold: The most successful black(African-American) neighborhoods are in the Southeast. like North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia(definitely).

The worst Midwest...Cities such as Chicago, Milwaukee and Detroit.

VERY TRUE!!

lmao @ detroit and chicago
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 27, 2013
*Kails*:

lmao. grin

#contradictionmuch?

I meant violence and stuff. Not gun shops. I should have been clear.

All hood people in the hood obtain their guns 'illegally'.
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 27, 2013
*Kails*:

i can attest to that!!
the southeast is my region!!

the black folks down here generally fair off much better than other parts of the US!
which is extremely ironic seeing as how, this is the area where lots of lives were lost in racial riots and slavery not even 100 years ago. Back then this was the area you DIDN'T want to be if you were black..now it's literally considered a black haven in America.

i think it has a lot to do with the fact that southern black folks are very community and family oriented. Along with the opportunities that have been opened to us over the years, the "togetherness" and "friendly competition" attitude has helped boost southern black aristocrats and even middle class folk up many notches above blacks elsewhere.

Agreed with everything you posted. And I think the southeast is more successful due to it being more cultured.

But just because the Southeast is doing well doesn't mean black people all over the USA is doing good. We still should try to fix our problems.
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 27, 2013
*Kails*:

VERY TRUE!!

lmao @ detroit and chicago

Chicago Homicides Outnumber U.S. Troop Killings In Afghanistan
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/chicago-homicide-rate-wor_n_1602692.html

Detroit Homicides Go Up 10%, City Is ‘Murder Capital’ Once More
http://www.inquisitr.com/462579/detroit-homicides-go-up-10-city-is-murder-capital-once-more/

I also forgot to mention St Louis which is also Midwest. I swear the Midwest is the new LA.
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 27, 2013
I'm enjoying stranglehold and MsD's posts... cool

1 Like

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 27, 2013
The Worst

Detroit.

The Best

Buckhead Atlanta GA
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
ShyM-X:
I'm enjoying stranglehold and MsD's posts... cool

what is like for the black yute dem in the UK?
people are always talking about the plight of AAs but we never discuss
how british/European and canadian black folks are doing in urban communities.
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
*Kails*:

what is like for the black yute dem in the UK?
people are always talking about the plight of AAs but we never discuss
how british/European and canadian black folks are doing in urban communities.

It's basically the same thing... Drugs, gangs, broken family, disproportionate prison population, unemployment, lack of black wealth, violence, deaths, poverty etc...

2 Likes

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by ezeagu(m): 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2013
ShyM-X:

Why is it that Jews, Indians, Arabs, and everyone else are always landlords wherever they are found in large numbers, but it's dark skinned Africans that are the ones always complaining on the internet about bad things happening in their own neighbourhoods?
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
ShyM-X:
Self-love and black consciousness... Once you love your blackness - and you're conscious about your environment and the state of your people - you'll start seeing things with your 3rd-eye/divine wisdom...

So I must hate myself for not counting the number of liquor stores in my vicinity then. grin Just joking. tongue
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
stillwater:

So I must hate myself for not counting the number of liquor stores in my vicinity then. grin Just joking. tongue

Nah, it's just about being aware of your immediate surroundings and questioning why black people are fvcked up... grin

1 Like

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by AlyricistLaura: 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
ezeagu:

Why is it that Jews, Indians, Arabs, and everyone else are always landlords wherever they are found in large numbers, but it's dark skinned Africans that are the ones always complaining on the internet about bad things happening in their own neighbourhoods?

....Whoa.

I might have to follow this thread.

Damn Good Post
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2013
ezeagu:

Everything comes with the territory and the systematic destruction of the black race... Don't forget the Jews got reparations for the holocaust; Indians never suffered the type of systematic destruction that we have/are suffered/suffering and they have a pale skin to boost their place on the racial ladder; and Arabs have the oil money to their advantage....

However, that doesn't negate the fact that we've been indoctrinated beyond redemption and the new "black race" lacks the wit and know-how to create wealth... We're so focused on being accepted by the status quo due to our innate low self-esteem and inferior complex bore out of this systematic destruction that we can't discern that wealth-creation/black-business is the only way to get the black race back to where it belongs...

5 Likes

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
ShyM-X:

Everything comes with the territory and the systematic destruction of the black race... Don't forget the Jews got reparations for the holocaust; Indians never suffered the type of systematic destruction that we have/are suffered/suffering and they have a pale skin to boost their place on the racial ladder; and Arabs have the oil money to their advantage....

However, that doesn't negate the fact that we've been indoctrinated beyond redemption and the new "black race" lacks the wit and know-how to create wealth... We're so focused on being accepted by the status quo due to our innate low self-esteem and inferior complex bore out of this systematic destruction that we can't discern that wealth-creation/black-business is the only way to get the black race back to where it belongs...

good points!!
well said.

still though it's up to us who know better to DO better.
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by ezeagu(m): 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2013
ShyM-X:

African immigrants and Indian immigrants are on a level playing field. The most abused people in the West are now Muslims, yet Muslims from the Indian subcontinent still own the majority of the neighbourhoods they are a majority in. In the UK the richest list features many Asians and Jews, in the US Muslims are shop owners and Koreans are selling everything back to the black people. You mean that these shops and all this land was dashed to these non-African communities who came to the West, most of them hungry and from struggling backgrounds and troubled countries just like many Africans, some from even more troubled countries, as a calculative move?
Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
ezeagu:
African immigrants and Indian immigrants are on a level playing field. The most abused people in the West are now Muslims, yet Muslims from the Indian subcontinent still own the majority of the neighbourhoods they are a majority in. In the UK the richest list features many Asians and Jews, in the US Muslims are shop owners and Koreans are selling everything back to the black people. You mean that these shops and all this land was dashed to these non-African communities who came to the West, most of them hungry and from struggling backgrounds and troubled countries just like many Africans, some from even more troubled countries, as a calculative move?

These people already had a structure in place before the new immigrants and you can't compare how Indians relate to how Africans do... Indians are more close knitted than Africans - and they help one another out...

As for the muslims, the stigmatisation started less than two decades ago... and comparing something has been going on for more a century to just something that started less than two decades ago isn't just it..

3 Likes

Re: The Systematic Destruction Of Black People And Neighbourhoods by toshmann(m): 12:02am On Apr 28, 2013
ezeagu:

the difference between blacks and those other ones is that the black man is statistically the most unorganized race on earth. we are good, individually, but coming together to form a society, we are a mess. we have the tendency to strive and do better than "the other blacks around" and we like to say "i am the only black guy in my area/office/class/etc" often with pride, whereas the indian will achieve something and start planning how to help his fellow indians achieve the same. he will be happy to have lots of indians around him. but the black guy will just want to be "the only black guy here"

nigerians are worse. most of the successful ones seem, in my observation, to distance themselves from the less succesful ones. we don't even trust ourselves. everyone is careful not to engage other nigerians in order not to be duped(and some have actually duped other nigerians o)

among the nigerians, igbos are the worst. this is sad bc i'm igbo. i have given up hope for a change of attitude. a yoruba man helped me when i came to this country. thats why when i see igbos and yorubas fighting in nairaland i just ignore all of them fools.

but we blacks get problem. african americans have transformed atlanta (i'm nopt sure about the rest of the south though)now many blacks are heading to the south, yet they forget that it was someone somewhere who planned it that way, why cant others help transform other american cities?

yeye de smell.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Concept Of Igbo Kwenu In Igbo Culture / Origin Of The Name "Apongbon" In Lagos / Rassemblement Des Francophones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.