Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists (27226 Views)

How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? / Eat More Bananas!!! / Eat More Insects - UN To Starving People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by evanify(f): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
Since when did gender determination depend on women. It depends wholly on men due to the fact that only men can produce Y chromosome which gives rise to a male.
The research is nothing but fake by bunch of morons.
only morons criticizes scientific findings without facts.. My dear, it has worked 4 may women worldwide.. So if u want a boy or girl, go online and c hw to conceive the gender of your choice..you'l b amazed
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by evanify(f): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
Since when did gender determination depend on women. It depends wholly on men due to the fact that only men can produce Y chromosome which gives rise to a male.
The research is nothing but fake by bunch of morons.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by profchika: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
dasparrow:

This post does not apply to me but I must say that If everyone reasons like you and that wish is granted - births of sons and more sons - then let us also hope the males will marry each other in the near future since no one wants the girl child but everyone wants a wife.

The Irony of life!

Thank God, God does not reason like silly humans do.
my dear ua good
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by DollyParton1(f): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2013
evanify: only morons criticizes scientific findings without facts.. My dear, it has worked 4 may women worldwide.. So if u want a boy or girl, go online and c hw to conceive the gender of your choice..you'l b amazed

dafuq are u saying? Because some bunch of scientist said so, so its right? Go study ur biology.. whatever they came up was based on numbers of women-eating-banana with sons and not an actual observation of the effects of banana on implantation or fertilization... until it become proven that women can produce Y chromosome, this research is baseless and just a mere coincidence.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Beync(f): 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2013
CFCfan:
lmao grin
i want my baby boy lol
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
isale_gan2: I just had a banana. It is one of the best things to eat after exercising. You see lots of tennis players eating it during a break. Lots of potassium.

Good! You shouldn't have to wait long. There are lots of decent Nairalanders that need a wife.

Which one are you in your profile pic? I like the Malian pattern on the dress of the dreadlocked girl. (no homo)

Can we still say "dreadlocked"? embarassed

Tennis players eat bananas becos of their high caloric content.If you really wanna shed some weight, trust me banana shouldn't be your best friend.The best thing to eat after exercise is protein rich food(skinless chicken, low fat greek yoghurt, fish and co), not carbs.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by omorttee4u(m): 9:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
Take banana till you yoooooo
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by isalegan2: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
ROSYL:
Tennis players eat bananas becos of their high caloric content.If you really wanna shed some weight, trust me banana shouldn't be your best friend.The best thing to eat after exercise is protein rich food(skinless chicken, low fat greek yoghurt, fish and co), not carbs.

You're right. But I eat it for health reasons.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Nicepoker(m): 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
dasparrow:

This post does not apply to me but I must say that If everyone reasons like you and that wish is granted - births of sons and more sons - then let us also hope the males will marry each other in the near future since no one wants the girl child but everyone wants a wife.

The Irony of life!

Thank God, God does not reason like silly humans do.
statistics of silly humans include u. Fool
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Nicepoker(m): 11:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
begwong:
Na my Sister be iya Bose.She specializes on Plantain not bananas grin
u specializes in not on
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by bosun11(m): 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
candygosh: Off to d store to get bannanas. Need plenty boys cheesy

Ur head dey dere !!! Gat banana's for u tho
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by bosun11(m): 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2013
SlyIg: Sweetheart, get me more bananas when you go out plssssssssssssss...

Ii would hones.Trust Me
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by kalohkaloh: 1:22am On May 01, 2013
My wife gave us three sons, yet she ate no banana! In fact, she doesn't like it! Abeg, these scientists should tell another story o. Small time now, demand for banana will rise and the price will go up! Banana na poor man's food o!

1 Like

Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Solozzo(m): 2:49am On May 01, 2013
cecegorz: Are the scientists getting dumb these days or what?
Have they forgotten elementary genetics?
Females = XX Chromosomes
Males = XY chromosomes. It takes the man's Y chromosome hitting the beam before the X to produce a male child.
Truth is that no woman plays any role in determining the sex of the baby.
These scientists didn't pass Integrated science class. Wallahi! tongue

Stop exposing your inability to comprehend simple newspaper science reports, and desist from insulting scientists. The fact is that the semen ejaculant contain both x and y bearing chromosomal sperms. The survival and speed of motility of these sperms as well as their longevity and health determines the sex of the babies. So what these meals eaten by women do is to affect these factors among these sperms. Y sperms survive better in alkaline media than x sperms that survive better in acidic media in the reproductive tract of the female. Just like in crocodiles, the temperature if the egg nest influences the sex of the baby crocs as male embryos survive better in warmer nests than female embryos

The reported findings of these scientists are supportive of these theories but need more research before they can be generalisable.

1 Like

Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by linearity: 2:52am On May 01, 2013
I was waiting to read how eating banana influences the Y spermatozoa and not the X from the male to fertilize the egg.

Women only contributes XX chromosome; Men contribute the XY and as such they are in a better position to influence the gender of a child.

Except, there is something in banana that selectively kills the male X chromosome or impend their ability to swim faster in the race to fertilize the egg, then this research is a waste.

This survey is like say... take the survey of all new born babies in LASUTH and if boys out number girls, then we can conclude that if you go to LASUTH to give birth, the chances of giving birth to a baby boy increases.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Humanbeans(m): 3:49am On May 01, 2013
shocked NO WONDER MY WIFE HAD 7 BOYS NO GIRL
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by chiemecruz(m): 7:13am On May 01, 2013
Depending on d type of banana, but Una sure say d person wey put dis post no b banana seller, mmmmmmmm they don come oooo na so dey dey take find costumers.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by smartg(m): 8:00am On May 01, 2013
Whether boy or girl, the gender of a child is determined by God. If you like eat banana pass monkey, that is your own cup of tea, only God determines the genders. If scientist think they knw everything, why have they not find the cure for Hiv. Or is it easy for them to create human being than to find a cure for a particular sickness.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by LordBabs(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2013
Eat banana and don't stop eating 'banana'.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Tinyemeka(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2013
Females = XX Chromosomes
Males = XY chromosomes. It takes the man's Y chromosome hitting the beam before the X to produce a male child.

Learner!

Go and read up methods of selecting offspring gender based on timing the intercourse/conception with the pattern of her ovulation cycle. undecided
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by kritikul(f): 9:00am On May 01, 2013
dafuq are u saying? Because some bunch of scientist said so, so its right? Go study ur biology.. whatever they came up was based on numbers of women-eating-banana with sons and not an actual observation of the effects of banana on implantation or fertilization... until it become proven that women can produce Y chromosome, this research is baseless and just a mere coincidence.

I think the effect does not lie in the implantation or fertilization nor has anything to do with the production of chromosomes. What i think it does is to increase the alkalinity of the woman's cervical mucus which enables the y chromosome to swim faster and survive more then the x chromosome thereby giving the y a better chance to fertilize the egg. Studies have shown that male sperms survive better in alkaline environment while the female are more active in acidic ph.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Originalsly: 12:01pm On May 01, 2013
I think the banana industry is behind this report in order to boost sales and raise prices!
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by kandiikane(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2013
Tinyemeka:

Learner!

Go and read up methods of selecting offspring gender based on timing the intercourse/conception with the pattern of her ovulation cycle. undecided

And how many women do you know that can correctly calculate the day they ovulate? And them tell you say e go always happen. You never heard of probability.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Sike(m): 2:11pm On May 01, 2013
Hmmm! Eat more Bananas? I just hope it's not what i'm thinking tho.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by millenni(f): 4:21pm On May 01, 2013
funny
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by manibuds(m): 10:57pm On May 01, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

are u an expert in the field?is high school biology ur only reason for contesting the observation?were u told that humans could be hermaphrodites in high school biology?have u not been told that sperm thrive in certain temperature range?hope u dont think drugs that boost fertility actually contain chromosomes?
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Tinyemeka(m): 7:19am On May 02, 2013
kandiikane:

And how many women do you know that can correctly calculate the day they ovulate? And them tell you say e go always happen. You never heard of probability.

It's that knowledge that seperates the 'have' from the 'have-not'. Well, to an extent.

If she really wanted what she was looking for, she wouldn't use the excuse of not being able to calc her ovulation cycle and leave everything to chance. Medical advice is also there to assist.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Tinyemeka(m): 7:21am On May 02, 2013
manibuds:
hope u dont think drugs that boost fertility actually contain chromosomes?

It's a different argument.
Gender selection. Not difficulty in conception.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by Tinyemeka(m): 7:28am On May 02, 2013
kritikul:

I think the effect does not lie in the implantation or fertilization nor has anything to do with the production of chromosomes. What i think it does is to increase the alkalinity of the woman's cervical mucus which enables the y chromosome to swim faster and survive more then the x chromosome thereby giving the y a better chance to fertilize the egg. Studies have shown that male sperms survive better in alkaline environment while the female are more active in acidic ph.

The scientist didn't state any theory. They just published what they observed in their study but I think the above quote comes closest (among the NL replies) to explaining the correlation between the banana consumption and bearing male children.

I'll still keep the banana tins in mind when I start my own family. smiley
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by sweetnigar: 12:57pm On May 02, 2013
Virgin Finder: Is that so?

Salute to my mum, mother of many sons.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
TAKE BANANA TILL YOU GO YO!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by DollyParton1(f): 11:35pm On May 02, 2013
manibuds:
are u an expert in the field?is high school biology ur only reason for contesting the observation?were u told that humans could be hermaphrodites in high school biology?have u not been told that sperm thrive in certain temperature range?hope u dont think drugs that boost fertility actually contain chromosomes?
Yes this is part of my field of study. And no I have not come across caloric/banana intake favouring Y chromosome movement neither have I come across its influence on fertilzation. But if u have come across it, pls direct me to it, as no knowlegde is lost.
If they say banana consumption by male favours giving birth to son, I'll understand. But female, I don't understand, until its explained that it provides a physiological enviroment that favours Ychromosome more than X, I'll still keep saying the research is bullshit.
Re: Eat More Bananas For More Sons – Scientists by billyG(m): 2:46am On May 19, 2013
Females = XX Chromosomes
Yu dont seem 2 understand d message d woman need 2 eat bannana or infact any alkaline food 2 turn her acidic vagina envrment 2 alkaline envrmnt b/c alkaline vagina favour male sperm i;e y carrying sperm.i ope u grash it this time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

These Durex BBM Stickers For Safe Sex Conversation Will Change Your Game... / Hit And Run: Policewoman, Utabor Helen, Cries For Help / Pastor Tackles Lagos Hospital For Removing Wife’s Womb (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.