Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? (1289 Views)

HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection / Some Dangerous Mistakes We Make While In The Toilet / How Do I Make My Hair Curly And Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by inikamoze(m): 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2015
My 6yr old newphew 'detest' eating. He is strong,energetic but kinda lanky becos he refuses to eat like his mates. The lil man wld rather play than eat,even when he agrees to eat,he cannot finish half a sachet of indomie & eggs which seems to be his 'favorite' meal. We have tried all kinds of multivitamin on him to increase his appetite but all to no avail. He is strong,healthy,very vibrant and very intelligent too but too thin for our liking.
Please doctors in the house,what child friendly drug or therapy can we introduce to make him eat more like other kids.
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by Merlissa(f): 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Make it a habbit of the whole family come together and eat..

when he sees people eating he would feel left out and join

esp dinner
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by adanduka: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Do you have kids that eat in that house? Kids usually eat more when they are with food-loving kids their age.
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by inikamoze(m): 1:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
Merlissa:
Make it a habbit of the whole family come together and eat..

when he sees people eating he would feel left out and join

esp dinner

Not for my nephew..this has not worked...It was a full house @ Christmas last year and almost every time of the day was 'eating period' but the guy does not feel concerned...sometimes I had to threaten not to take him out in my car if he doesn't eat..he would eat a few spoons and lose interest again.
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by inikamoze(m): 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
adanduka:
Do you have kids that eat in that house? Kids usually eat more when they are with food-loving kids their age.

This doesn't work either,our neighbors kids are always in our flat,turning the place out..when its meal time..they guzzle theirs down b4 u blink an eye while my nephew is struggling nibbling at his. It even 'pays' him more because you will see him stylishly giving them portions of his...smart crook of a boy.
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by Merlissa(f): 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
inikamoze:

Not for my nephew..this has not worked...It was a full house @ Christmas last year and almost every time of the day was 'eating period' but the guy does not feel concerned...sometimes I had to threaten not to take him out in my car if he doesn't eat..he would eat a few spoons and lose interest again.

Try making the food more colourful..

lets see how that goes

eg red rice (rice and ketchup)
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by adanduka: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
inikamoze:

This doesn't work either,our neighbors kids are always in our flat,turning the place out..when its meal time..they guzzle theirs down b4 u blink an eye while my nephew is struggling nibbling at his. It even 'pays' him more because you will see him stylishly giving them portions of his...smart crook of a boy.

That's serious o grin
If he is healthy, just let him be.
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by bond77(m): 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
undecided
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by bond77(m): 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
5 years ago, I remember when we always pet and beg my cousin to eat, at that time she hates eating okele food to the core, even though you brought it from Mr Biggs she won't touch it, she prefer eating indomie, bread and tea and those medemede food ..Sometimes She won't even finish it.. It was disturbing and annoying...her mother sometimes even bribes her with money just for her to eat solid food, can you imagine?

But today, it's a different story,she's a little bit older now and I heard she is the one shortening the ration of the family, my aunt even told me recently that whenever food is ready, she's the first to get to the kitchen and the first to finish her food and at the end she still complain that the food was not enough..

My point..

Young kids tend to develop a very high and strong appetite as they grow older

So you don't need to worry about your nephew's inability to eat much, as he gets older, he would be consuming all types of food, and the rate at which he eats will be very high and you would be the one complaining at that time...

Trust me, it's just a matter of time.. cool
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by inikamoze(m): 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
bond77:
5 years ago, I remember when we always pet and beg my cousin to eat, at that time she hates eating okele food to the core, even though you brought it from Mr Biggs she won't touch it, she prefer eating indomie, bread and tea and those medemede food ..Sometimes She won't even finish it.. It was disturbing and annoying...her mother sometimes even bribes her with money just for her to eat solid food, can you imagine?

But today, it's a different story,she's a little bit older now and I heard she is the one shortening the ration of the family, my aunt even told me recently that whenever food is ready, she's the first to get to the kitchen and the first to finish her food and at the end she still complain that the food was not enough..

My point..

Young kids tend to develop a very high and strong appetite as they grow older

So you don't need to worry about your nephew's inability to eat much, as he gets older, he would be consuming all types of food, and the rate at which he eats will be very high and you would be the one complaining at that time...

Trust me, it's just a matter of time.. cool

Wow...a kind of relief..well I can't wait for that time when he will be consuming all the food in the house..seriously I can't wait...He is a cute boy and I believe if he were chubby like his mates he would be an Adonis.
In January,before I returned to my base in the North,I went shopping @ shoprite and took him along,deliberately took him past the food and snacks section hoping he would be enticed by the enticing meals...FOR WHERE!!!..d boy wasnt even moved..I decided to buy different varieties of biscuits,cookies and some snacks,I bought quite a sum thinking he might have some in the car,instead the toy motor cars with huge tires on display were his weakness..he pestered me so much about them we ended up buying 3 different huge toy cars..all the while I was driving home,he didn't even to touch the polythene bag containing the snacks,even though the while car was filled with the aroma..the boy was busy sampling the toy cars...I just tire 4 am and giffup!!!
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by bond77(m): 7:17am On Apr 16, 2015
inikamoze:

Wow...a kind of relief..well I can't wait for that time when he will be consuming all the food in the house..seriously I can't wait...He is a cute boy and I believe if he were chubby like his mates he would be an Adonis.
In January,before I returned to my base in the North,I went shopping @ shoprite and took him along,deliberately took him past the food and snacks section hoping he would be enticed by the enticing meals...FOR WHERE!!!..d boy wasnt even moved..I decided to buy different varieties of biscuits,cookies and some snacks,I bought quite a sum thinking he might have some in the car,instead the toy motor cars with huge tires on display were his weakness..he pestered me so much about them we ended up buying 3 different huge toy cars..all the while I was driving home,he didn't even to touch the polythene bag containing the snacks,even though the while car was filled with the aroma..the boy was busy sampling the toy cars...I just tire 4 am and giffup!!!
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by bond77(m): 7:28am On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=inikamoze post=32768346]

In January,before I returned to my base in the North,I went shopping @ shoprite and took him along,deliberately took him past the food and snacks section hoping he would be enticed by the enticing meals...FOR WHERE!!!..d boy wasnt even moved..I decided to buy different varieties of biscuits,cookies and some snacks,I bought quite a sum thinking he might have some in the car,instead the toy motor cars with huge tires on display were his weakness..he pestered me so much about them we ended up buying 3 different huge toy cars..all the while I was driving home,he didn't even to touch the polythene bag 2 containing the snacks,even though the while car was filled with the aroma..the boy was busy sampling the toy cars...I just tire 4 am and giffup!!! [/quota]don't be bothered, we have some kids while they were young, they eat excessively, but as they grow older, the lust or urge to eat excessive food would diminish (I fall into this category)... while we also have some kids that eat little, but as they grow older, their appetite becomes very wild, and they eat excessively even overindulge..
(your nephew seems to fall into this category)

In the next 4-5 years, I am sure there would be changes, at that time be expecting words like "uncle this food is not enough for me" or "uncle I no bellefull"..
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by dominique(f): 9:07am On Apr 16, 2015
It just happens that he doesn't have appetite like his peers. I used to get frustrated with my son's lack of appetite just a couple of years back. There were times I'd force the food down his throath. I took him to the hospital and I was assured that as long as he's active and not sickly, we have nothing to worry about. The docs recommended vitamin B complex which picked up his appetite and after some time, the appetite left again. We had to accept it as his nature and allow him eat as he wants.

Fast-forward over a year later, he eat no less than four times a day and sometimes asks for second helpings. @inikamoze, Don't be surprised if your nephew's appetite changes overnight.
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by TlcHealthGroup(m): 10:03am On Apr 18, 2015
inikamoze:
My 6yr old newphew 'detest' eating. He is strong,energetic but kinda lanky becos he refuses to eat like his mates. The lil man wld rather play than eat,even when he agrees to eat,he cannot finish half a sachet of indomie & eggs which seems to be his 'favorite' meal. We have tried all kinds of multivitamin on him to increase his appetite but all to no avail. He is strong,healthy,very vibrant and very intelligent too but too thin for our liking.
Please doctors in the house,what child friendly drug or therapy can we introduce to make him eat more like other kids.
There Is A Supplement That Can Increase Her Apetite and bring it back to the right propotion,its very safe and effective to use on children.to know more call 08185664889 or email us @ Tlchealthsolutions1@gmail.com.
Re: How Do We Make My Nephew Eat More?? by tforever(m): 7:46pm On May 20, 2015
inikamoze:
just get him forever kids and he will be asking for food in no time..tho cut down on the indomie

(1) (Reply)

5 Natural Food That Helps To Reduce Menstrual Cramps / Simple Home Remedies In Pictures / Crazy Or What? Lady Claims Her Boyfriend’s Sperm Cleared Her Pimples (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.